Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 08:50 AM   #16  
Fit and Feisty

Default Happy 4th of July!

Wow! I can't tell you how excited I am to see this group grow so fast in such a short time. For several years it was just myself, Jana, Kat and Ruth. Welcome All!

I have been very sick for a month, but I am now on the mend. Thank God! I need a brand new start and a new commitment, and today is the day.

Saw fireworks last night in West Haven. What a great show. You really need to know someone who lives there so you can park your car at their house and then walk to the beach. Otherwise, you will sit in traffic for 2 1/2 hours both ways. Which is why I have never been before. It was fantastic. We sat on the beach and listened to two bands until it was time for the show. People who live in the area take it very seriously. It was great to see so much festivity. They decorate their houses....I even saw lighted canopies....People get dressed in all manner of red, white and blue costumes....it was a really great time.

If you can possibly stand one more photo of my "babies"....hope it doesn't make it too long to download....(Wish I knew how to make it not so blurry....guess I'm doing something wrong.)

The female on the left is named Cali, and the male is Cooper.

Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday.

Love to all,
carree
Old 07-04-2003, 12:52 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY Ladies!

WELCOME to the newbies, Kym and Yaeko! Glad to have you ladies. I too am new to the group and love it! The ladies here are WONDERFUL!!

Mel, WTG on getting in a size 14!! One day I will see a 14, hopefully soon. Have a great 4th with your nephew.

Kat, have a safe and fun 4th of July weekend in Maine.

Melissa, today is the big day! I am excited for ya. Give that cute little puppy hugs from me.

Jana, I'll be there! Okay, we know I can't but it sounded good right?! You'll just have to eat one for me. I hope you have a great 4th with your family.

Carree, I don't think you could ever put enough pictures of your babies here, and love the names Cali & Cooper. I think I jumped in on the right thread as seems like everyone is an animal lover. Nice photo of you and hubby also. Sounds like you had a great time in West Haven. Seems around here everyone can't wait for the 4th and I saw quite a show from the neighbors last night. They do the big fireworks that you see at the shows so I know tonight will be awesome. Glad to hear you are on the mend and on to a new start.

Well, ladies I just wanted to check in quick and wish you all a Happy 4th. I have some cooking to do, not much just a couple of salads and an pineapple angel food cake, and I want to get a walk in sometime today. Take care and have a fun, safe 4th everyone.
Old 07-04-2003, 03:01 PM   #18  

Hi everyone!

Im taking my first peaceful few moments of the day to drop in and say hi.

The puppy is home and everything seems to be going smoothly so far. She gets along well with my dog, and theyve been playing like mad. Im trying to keep them as settled as possible because the little one still has stitches in from getting spayed on wednesday. She is a relly sweet little girl. I havent heard a peep out of her since we first met her. She doesnt bark or yelp or whine or anything. It was about a 45 minute ride home, and they just curled up together in the car and slept.

In between keeping an eye on her, Ive been baking sweet potato pies for the party tonight. Im pooped!

Im sorry I dont have time to write more.
I just wanted to thank you all so much for sharing in my excitement with me. You are truly wonderful friends.

Michelle
Old 07-05-2003, 08:41 AM   #19  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Carree - Cali and Cooper are so cute! I bet they aren't one bit spoiled either, right, lol. I think if an animal is a pet, it should be spoiled - our 3 dogs sure are!

Cristi - I ate a coney in your name, lol. Just one. Thank you so much for your kind words about the Jaded Ladies.

Elle - Awwww - I can just picture the dogs all curled up together! Glad to hear the transition is going well.

My family and I had a wonderful 4th! I didn't overeat - the only thing I had that I hadn't planned points for was a delived egg and 4 Pringle chips. But the best part was the firworks. The DGDs loved the fireworks! They clapped and squealed - it was so cute!

After lunch today, DH and I are driving down to Evansville. His brother is a lineman for the electric company, and a telephone pole rolled off a truck and onto his leg on Wednesday. He was in surgery for a long time, and has a plate and 13 pins in his leg. So, anyway, we are going to visit him in the hospital.

Hope everyone else has a really good Saturday!

Jana
Old 07-05-2003, 10:16 AM   #20  

Hi Ladies...

Welcome Kym, Ricci and Yaeko!! Its wonderful that you chose to join us. The more the merrier I say! This is a great thread, with wonderful ladies. And Im sure youll find, just as I have, that they are great friends to have.
I look forward to chatting more with all of you!

Looks like everyone must have had a good time this 4th of July. Good enough to keep you all away from your computers!
We had a good time, but a very sudden and violent storm blew in just as it got dark. So no fireworks for our family. Hubby and I decided to go home just as it started raining. Big mistake. Not only were we soaked to the bone by the time we got to the car, the drive home was frightening. We made it home to find the power out, and three police cars in front of our house. Turns out the police were next door.
This morning I woke up and looked out onto our back deck to find that our glass patio table and umbrella had blown over, and one of my big planter boxes smashed through a glass side table. And all my clay pots were broken.So I spent the morning cleaning up that mess, and all the fireworks shrapnel in the yard. It looked like a bomb went off back there.

Jana...sounds like the DGD's had a great time. I love how enthralled kids are with fireworks. Sounds like you did pretty good with the eating. I thought youd saved up a bunch of points so you could splurge a bit? I hope you BIL is doing well.

Caree, you could never put enough pics of the pups on here for me. I love animals of all kids, but especially dogs. I was laughing about our dogs names yesterday. You have Caree, Cali and Cooper. I have Michelle, Mattie, and Makena. I sense a pattern here. It was great to see a photo of you and your hubby also. I love having a face to the name. I would love to see more pics of the ladies on here.

Mel...size 14!?! Only in my dreams. I havent been a 14 in so long I cant even imagine what its like. Good for you you must feel like a million bucks!

Hope youre having a wonderful time in Maine Kat!

Cristi...as for the SIL...she has alot of problems. One of them being a drinking problem. I think the kid would be old enough to stay by himself, if he were better behaved. But I really wouldnt trust him because he can be such a trouble maker. I wouldnt put it past him to start a fire or something.

Well, I better go check on my sleeping puppies. I cant beleive just how well she is fitting in here. She is such a sweet, gentle little soul...and its amazing how after only one day I can love her so much.
Im taking tons of pics, and will put up a link later so you can all see them.

Take care all!

Michelle
Old 07-05-2003, 01:35 PM   #21  

Hi everyone...

I just took a couple of puppy shots with the web cam. Ill give you a link, so I dont take up too much space posting them here.

Hope everyones having a great day!!!

Gratuitous puppy photos and more at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/elle_00001
Old 07-05-2003, 06:24 PM   #22  
Fit and Feisty

Michelle:

You are very pretty, and I just love your new pup!

BTW: What is a coney?

Jana: You sound like you are doing very well, and I am so excited for you.

Everyone: I am having a hard time keeping up with all these posts....so sorry if I leave someone out.

I am so excited to see everyone here and so enjoy reading about your activities.

Keep up the good work!
Love,
carree
Old 07-05-2003, 07:29 PM   #23  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Angry

Hello Ladies!

Jana, what are coneys?
I had a great Canada Day,,,hot weather,,,and lots of fireworks!

Michelle, I love the pics! I want another puppy! My little Skittles will be 1 next week.
As for your ex SIL dropping off the boy,,,I would inform the BIL what is going on and how its affecting you guys,,,that there are times your not home or just leaving and can't have with you. As his parent he should talk to his ex or....well she may be reported. The thing that bothers me about this, is she doesn't even know you. I find that rude. I lived next door to a woman who thought nothing of leaving her newborn alone,,,and calling me on her way out the door to *watch the house* I almost killed myself running over there to get the baby...I just recentling saw her and she was pushing a baby carriage,,,that would be baby number 3...if there was a woman on earth who should have been steralized....

I ate horribly this past week,,,good stuff but LOTS of it,,,and all those coolers...egads! We went back home for a couple of days and it was so common for us to be invited to all our friends homes and offered a coolor or whatever,,,geesh I swear I drank more in 2 days then the whole 2 yrs put together.
Well Monday will come and I will be back on track,,,di our grocery shopping today and bought tons of chicken breasts and veggies. And I have a new gym buddy so that helps with getting me there. I also have a buddy to walk with 1 evening a week.
I wish I was a size 14...*Sigh I have made it my goal to be that size by halloween...was going to do it for my birthday but thats just over 2 months away....

Have a great day
Angie
Old 07-05-2003, 08:46 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Elle - you are so very, very pretty!!! And your husband - he is so yummy I bet you want to just sop him up with a biscuit! The doggies are just too cute, and I can tell they will bestest buddies. Btw, I DID save extra points, but the deviled egg and 4 Pringles were over that... Dang, sorry about the storm damage! Hope you got everything cleaned up.

Carrie and Angie - a coney is a cooked hot dog in a bun, topped with a sauce made of ground beef, onions, and spices in a barbeque-ish type sauce. YUMMY!! That is why I had to save points, although I served turkey hot dogs and nobody seemed to notice the difference.

Also to Angie - I think having a gym buddy will help you out! Good luck with it....

Carrie - don't you just love all the new traffic here????

Kat - hope you are having a blast. Hurry back, we miss you.

Hi also to Mel, Ricci, Yaeko and Kym.

Well, we went to visit my bil in the hospital. He didn't look so hot, but I guess he is better than he was. The doc says bil will be off work for at least 4 months. Yikes!

I will be really busy tomorrow morning and early afternoon, but I'll check in whenever I can. Have a good Sunday!

Jana
Old 07-06-2003, 07:59 AM   #25  

Good morning!

You guys are way too nice....you made me blush. Its amazing what good lighting and a bit of photoshop can do!

Good to see you Angie! Dont worry....it was an overeating, over drinking kind of weekend for everyone. Thats what Mondays are for!

Carree...In Cincinnati Coneys are hot dogs with chili and cheese on top. And of course it has to be "Cincinnati Chili"...which is definately an aquired taste.

Jana...you made me chuckle. I always want to sop him up with a biscuit! My hubby is a cutie pie for sure...and I just adore him. Im glad to hear the BIL is getting better. 4 months is a long time to be off work. Good for the recuperation, bad for the wallet. Does he have alot of broken bones? I hope everything turns out ok for him.

A big hello to everyone else!!!

Im up early today because Im on puppy duty. She did a full night in the crate with out having the go outside. The rescue said she wasnt doing that yet. So I guess shes settling in ok.
Hubby is off today for the first time in weeks, so were going to the park for a picnic. Other than that and a trip to the gym...its all about takin it easy and playing with the dogs.

Take care everyone...enjoy your Sunday!

Michelle
Old 07-06-2003, 02:50 PM   #26  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Elle - have fun in the park! Bil's leg is really messed up. He has a plate from his knee to his ankle and 13 screws surgically inserted. The good news is, he works for a big electric company so the workman's comp is great - they will pay for anything he needs, and they don't take taxes out of the WC checks, so it shouldn't be too bad, financially.

Hi to the others!

I am down 3/4 more this week. I really expected it to be more, but I AIN'T complainin'! I'll take whatever I can get as long as the scale is moving downward. That's 20 3/4 total. It adds up!

We have absolutely no plans today and I am loving that!! I plan to find a good movie to watch and have some fresh cantaloupe. People usually either really, really like it, or they really, really don't.

Have a good Sunday!
BBL,
Jana
Old 07-06-2003, 04:44 PM   #27  
Fit and Feisty

Default Back to business!

It is 95 degrees here in CT, too hot to really do anything so I have the AC on in the house, and I am ironing and cleaning. Since I have been sick for the last month or so, everything has been let go, and I just hate that.

I cleaned out some old stuff from my DD's (who moved out three years ago) room and was saving it for my church tag sale in November. A little 8 year old neighbor paid me a visit, so I let her go through the box and take anything she wanted. In a few minutes she was back with her older sister to look at the box again. I gave them bags, and they had a grand time. Why let unused stuff just sit? Especially when it can be enjoyed all over again by a child.

Jana: I am so proud of you! I am going back to meetings Wednesday night. THIS IS IT!

Love,
carree
Old 07-06-2003, 09:50 PM   #28  
GmaTo8

Carree - awww, it's so sweet that you let the neighbor kids have the stuff from DDs room! I'm sure she would like to know that other kids are having fun with it.

Regarding the weight loss, thank you so much for your kind words. The thing is, I started on a Saturday, not wanting to wait until Monday (a first for me!) and somehow I know THIS IS IT for me, too. Yes, I have made mistakes already, and will make more in the future, but I am sick and tired of being this fat! It dawned on me that I am ALWAYS on a "diet" and never lose much weight. And I wanted to either accept myself the way I was, or make an honest effort to lose. Something "clicked" and I really do believe I'll make it this time. Not to a dream weight, but to something that is livable, do you know what I mean? And although it has only been 6 weeks, I know that planning ahead has been the most valuable thing I'm doing.

Anyway, I didn't mean to write a whole book, but I wanted to tell you that I am so glad you are going back OP!! We can do it together, ol' buddy!!

A big hello to the rest of you wild ladies!!!

Later,
Jana
Old 07-06-2003, 10:02 PM   #29  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Angry

Hello Ladies

Im still too new to this system, I did write a nice little something before and it didn't show up so...here Iam trying to remember everything I said before.

Anyways about those coneys,,,I know I can get pretty close and personal with them in a hurry.....

I did go to Walmart and get my pics and disc done,,,but once I was home I was unable to work the disc,,,even thou I have used the disc from there before. I went back and asked if they could somehow fix it, I love Walmart but I sure don't like the workers in the photolab,,no customer service at all.

I was thinking of joining TOPS for the eating part of my weightloss. I can do the gym no problem,,,but boy I struggle with food....anyone here ever been with success? Or without success?

Angie
Old 07-06-2003, 11:29 PM   #30  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies

WOW you ladies have been busy the last two days. I don't know if I'll be able to catch up.

Michelle sorry to hear about the damage from the storm, hope everything and everyone is fine. I have to agree with the others about the photos, they are GREAT! You are a beauty and those puppies dogs, oh they are so cute!! I want one. Thanks for sharing your family with us.

Jana, sorry to hear about your BIL, I hope he is doing better. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Glad you guys had a wonderful 4th. WTG on your 3/4 this week! Every little bit counts, that what I always say, and yes it does add up. WTG!

Carree, WTG for getting back on track. I feel the way you and Jana do. For some reason I just know this is IT. It is coming off slow but that's fine as long as it doesn't come back! Glad you are feeling better.

Angie, I think there is a thread here for TOPS, you might want to check it out. I've never done it and don't know that much about it.

HI to EVERYONE else I missed.

I myself haven't done so well this weekend with the eating or the exercise. I did get a little exercise in. I didn't pig out I just ate all the wrong foods. I am definitely getting back on track in the morning! No more of this nonsense. Well I hope EVERYONE had a GREAT weekend. I am going to turn in early tonight so I can get an early start in the morning. Take care ladies.
Closed Thread