Old 07-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #31  

Welcome, Mountain Mama!

Gamechanger, thank you for the link! I saved it and shared "Gargantuan Wear" with my son.

Shopping Rant: I went to the Deb store to buy what they were referring to as capris. I think they basically cut a bunch of skinny-jeans off at the knee and rolled a one-inch cuff. This is fine, and they make for cute shorts, except for the skinny-jeans part. I tried on what would be my regular size, and they practically cut my circulation off at my knee! But everything else fit. So I tried the next size up, which fit on the knee a little better, but was too loose in the waist. I have the same problem with skinny jeans, when they fit on the leg they are way too big in the waist. Is this common to you all as well? I'm thinking it's a big-boned problem, because my waist is not particularly small. (I don't wear skinny jeans anyway, but more often than not I grab jeans to try on before checking to make sure they aren't skinny).
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #32  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I have the same issue when buying capris- they need to have more width at the knee, or else there's no hope- I bough z few with the little slits at the knees and I love em!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 315/296/160

Height: 5'10"

Hi Hyacinth, I'm glad you found the website useful.

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies, skinny jeans, skinny capris??? You guys are killing me with this skinny stuff you're able to fit into??? LOL!!! I'm just kidding. But seriously, I run a country mile when I run into any article of clothing with the word "skinny" on it. My thighs are not built for that particular word. :-) However, I can relate to the problem of having to buy pants or jeans in a size that fits your thighs, knees, and hips, but gaps like crazy in your waist. Every time I question someone about this problem, they always give me the same remedy-- Get the pants altered and tailored to fit your waist. In other words, spend more money on clothing. :-(

Last edited by gamechanger; 07-07-2013 at 06:25 PM.
gamechanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #34  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Hello! Another tall girl here. I guess though, unlike many, I LOVE being tall and wouldn't trade it for short or average ever. I'm happy to walk through the world looking right over the top of others...it's the best view ever! My DH is 5 or 6" shorter than I as well. Besides, without me, how would all the people at the grocery store get stuff off the top shelf? I'm forever being asked to retrieve this, retrieve that, haha!

Being tall is AWESOME.

I usually buy jeans from Alloy (up to a 39" inseam, though I need 37") or occasionally Wrangler and VS. I like shirts from Gap in the tall size because of the long sleeves. I wear tankini swimwear because one piece suits either run up my heiny or pull down off my chest...yikes!

One thing that always gives me a laugh is my friend, who is between 5'7 and 5'8, and she thinks she's "so tall." She tries to commiserate with me about the difficulties of "tallness" yet she's really just on the high side of average, scraping the bottom of "tall." She can wear the sad little "tall" pants you find occasionally in stores, you know, the ones with the 34" inseam that look like capri pants on actual tall people? She can also wear a normal shirt without it looking like a 3/4 sleeve shirt. I let her have her delusion, but really, if you can find clothes in an average department store, you've not suffered the difficulties of really searching for tall clothes! Don't get me wrong, I love my height, but clothes shopping is so annoying! It's always online, and then you hope and hope that when it gets here it will actually fit, or it's back to UPS again!

Last edited by MauiKai; 08-06-2013 at 07:35 AM.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote