Old 05-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #106  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Michelle - so sorry to hear about Doppler. I know it's hard to lose them but you certainly don't want them slowly starving either. Hope Santa will remain healthy and carry on for the group.

Mel - I'm somewhat confused, unless you had a bed like mine which was ultra pillow tops on top of a big bed frame which required a running leap and a pole to get into it, how does a woman have an issue getting into her bed????? And I guess it follows that if she needed assistance getting INTO the bed then I guess she couldn't lock the doors afterwards Holy cow - do you think the availability of the alarms sometimes makes it more convenient for them to ring on stuff they would have otherwise figured out on their own? I'm so glad they are going to replace your tires. For all you do running that building unofficially, I think it's the least they can do to help you out. I'm glad SOMEONE is on your side in this oftentimes uphill battle.

Shad - glad the jaw is on the mend. Your 'cool' weather is my ideal weather. I take it that DS and GF are rather handy (like Mum) when it comes to rehabbing properties? They say if you shop carefully (and it sounds as if they do) many places can be fixed up nicely for a minimum of investments. As long as the tenants don't wreck the place or ditch out on the rent, but I imagine that can be controlled to some degree with a bit of background checking too. I imagine you are off (work) for as long as you chose to be? Anything more about the training project with your buddy?

I missed the garden gnome Annie - how fun is that?

It's supposed to get all the way into the 80's temperature wise today. Which will make for quite the warm day. Especially after I wasted the gas to warm the place this morning - however it is very overcast and looks like the skies want to open up and wash us away so I don't think it will get quite as warm as they say. I guess I learned a costly lesson with the greenhouse. Sunday night it dipped down to 21 degrees. I had my plants in the greenhouse and thought they would be ok. We got home after 10pm and it wasn't until after midnight I was checking the weather when I saw it was going to get that cold (didn't feel all that chilly when we arrived home so I wasn't expecting it). I was already in my pjs and didn't want to mess around in the dark outside fussing with a cover for the plants. When we tarped the plants in the garden, it seemed enough just to have them covered over so I thought the greenhouse would also do the same - protect the plants from frost settling on the leaves. I guess it was cold enough to freeze the plants. The green beans, cucumbers, most of the tomatoes, basil and mint - more than half my plants are looking very raggedity. I brought the beans, mint and basil into the house and did cover the plants last night although it stayed in the 50's overnight. Went to uncover them today and the cucumbers and tomatoes are looking far worse than they were yesterday. It's questionable if they will be able to recover. I could just kick myself for being such a dummy. Now I know better...

On a lighter note, my Mum loves the chocolate and fudge shop up this way. They opened for the season last week with their annual fudge sale. I decided a box of chocolates would be the perfect Mother's Day gift. I didn't say anything to her - wanted it to be a surprise. Mum was spending the weekend at my sister's house and sis said the look of glee when she opened the box and saw what was in there was just like a kid at Christmas time. Mum rations herself to 2 pieces a day. Or so she says There is a not as good chocolate shop by my sister's and Mum asked her to take her there prior to my package arriving. Sis did not want to spoil the surprise so she watched as Mum loaded up on 3 and a half pounds of individually wrapped chocolates for her "stash" at home. She also took my mom to the bakery as well as the grocery store. Can you tell my mom has a sweet tooth as tall as she is wide???? Mom came home yesterday as she was having a fix it man over to do some work around the house. When she was packing her stuff, she accidentally left the box of chocolates and instead grabbed the same kind of bag but this one had some items that needed returning to the store. She realized her mistake as she was unpacking and called my sister to try and elicit some sympathy (and a long return trip to drop off the box). Sis was having none of that - said it would be cheaper for her to mail the box to Mom rather than drive there and back just to drop off a box. She reminded Mom that she had the 3 and a half pounds of chocolates from the other shop as well as half of a cake from the bakery and something else sweet that slips my mind at the moment. Mum said "yes, that's all well and good BUT nothing beats Happy's chocolates and the other stuff is all krappp in comparison". Gotta love her. Sis assured Mom she'd wrap the box tightly and no one in the house would touch her precious candies until the next trip up...

That's about it for me. I was gong to work out in the yard until it got hot but right now the weather is looking iffy. Hellos to the rest of the Worldies - catch up later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #107  

Annie - Can't say the same thought didn't cross my mind re the dogs left with Michelle's ex. Heehee re the ex resembling the gnomes. And I heartily agree with you re engineers - nerdy w/ personalities of mud. Gross generalization, I know. Yeh, that class...the extra attention resulted in extra torture. Please let there be someone else there this Sunday so as to spread it around!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #108  
Choose your hard

Ok, looks like today both Annie AND Laura were typing over my head.

Annie - that's so funny that something you love (yard gnomes) reminds you of someone you don't (the ex) At least C doesn't have to fell you are doing a tribute garden I have one of those fillings in the front for a gumline cavity - I think they called the filling a bonding and I was always having problems with it chipping shortly afterwards. Finally one dentist fixed it once and for all and haven't had an issue since. Hopefully it's the same for you - good that he only charged for one filling.

Laura - darn those cheese filled pretzels Why is that kind of stuff ALWAYS more appealing the day before weigh in???? What kind of roast did you get - tenderloin? There's no beating a good piece of meat. And shush all you people with dirty minds

Ceejay - hope you made it home safe and sound.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #109  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY...I know, right on the gnomes and xh. When I opened the gift and saw that it was a gnome, I said to my DS, thanks for the statue of your dad. lol. I started collecting them before I was divorced so really couldn't stop myself for continuing with them even tho they look a lot like xh. My momma had a sweet tooth also. She always wanted a vanilla frappacino from Starbucks when she was in the nursing home. I always brought her one.

LAURA....the snack monster has hit me today also. I had fries from Steak n Shake. I NEVER eat fries or anything fried for that matter. Bad bad bad Annie. Good luck at WI.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I made it home last night. I got to my destination point and saw a sign that said Jonesboro 92 miles and I went for it. Even though my back was killing me when I got home I was ready for my bed.

I'm still having some symptoms of this virus that I caught but they are subsiding. Thank God I didn't have any trouble coming home yesterday.

Still resting in bed.

I'll read later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #111  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for all the kind and supporting words!

My ex actually is a very loving doggie daddy. He really, really loves our dogs, and also his GF's dogs. Maybe it was the stress/confusion of me moving out and the GF and her two dogs moving in that contributed to the health issues. I guess we'll never know. But I wouldn't say it was due to inadequate care. He really is a good guy, and he's been very supportive and encouraging of me as I start my new life. I feel bad for him that he's lost two furry kids that he loved so much.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #112  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Surrounded by stuff I want to get rid of. My niece is coming around tomorrow to see if there is anything she can use when she gets her new house. I've cleaned just about everything there was to clean in the lounge room and tomorrow will start on the hall and laundry, in which case niece might get some bed linen as well. Don't think there is much else in the house that I can chuck out or chuck her way.

Then it is out into the yard and clean up there. Doubt that the niece will want anything from the shed that I fancy chucking. She won't need much garden since she is a black thumb.

Mouth seems to be healing well. I am amazed that there is so little pain and no swelling whatsoever. I must be doing something right. Same with the biopsy site.

Michelle - sorry to hear about the dog. It's always hard when one of our furry friends goes off to the end of the rainbow bridge.

Annie - more dentists. They must be the most hated people on the planet

Ceejay - welcome home.

Happy - loved the mum sweet tooth story. They sure can get cantankerous when they get old. Loved the bird pic the other day as well.

Laura - yum on the roast and yes you are right, you do get what you pay for and I find that spending that bit extra on meat is always worthwhile. Mind you since I only eat meat about 3 times a week it really isn't the greatest burden.

Mel - alarms and people unable to get into bed, along with wheels coming loose, you really live an exciting life.

Okay - well my energy is done for the day. I have another busy day tomorrow and will try to get here earlier. My brain works better at the earlier part of the day and not too well at this end.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #113  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

QUICK POST TODAY. SHORTHANDED IN THE OFFICE.
NOTHING EXCITING TO REPORT. QUIET NIGHT THANK GOD.
SEE YOU LATER OR TOMORROW.
HAVE A GREAT DAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #114  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOT THE MAINTENANCE MEN STARTED.
I GOT A CALL AND WON'T BE NEEDED TILL LATER ON...IF AT ALL.
I WAS TYPING THIS DOWN HERE AND THOUGHT I HAD CAPS ON!
CAN'T READ IT TO EDIT. CAN'T FIND THE ENLARGER "BUTTON". ROFLMAO
OK...GOING TO POST IT AS IT IS AND GO HOME

annie...hope those 2 fillings stay put this time.
I have a friend has that happen.
I feel like you did ...dodn't want to get started working today!!
had a laugh at the gnome!! too funny.

happy....the story about you mom and the candy is reminicent of here.
i tell you that she would fit right in!! roflmao
yes..... the seniors think they live in a luxury highrise!
this is supposed to be an apartment building and not a frassing nursing home.
but the mayor has spoiled them & they use the town to replace "family".
i have never seen anything like this in my life.by doing this, the real families by doing this, the real families are getting away with murder. sad.
sorry to hear about the plants. the weather is nuts.
a friend said it was 100 degrees in nebraska.
and here i sat with the heat on in jersey
nothing beats a good piece of meat no matter how you look at it

laura....a roast is my favorite! yum!!!
cheese filled pretzels???omg!!! i would love to try that.
but not before i weigh myself!! lololol

ceejay....welcome home!! glad you made it back in one piece.
hope you get some rest & the back feels better
get rid of that virus too!!

michelle...i will refrain from comments i really want to make.
i am just sorry for your loss and poor doppler.
he probably didn't understand all the changes & so late in his life.
poor little thing.
have a good week at the new job.

shad....g;ad the biopsy site & jaw are healing well.
i would have thought both were going to be very sore and painful.
getting rid of stuff is making me want to begin decluttering again!!
i have a box sitting here just asking for donations!! lol
now look what you've started!!
and....i've had about as much excitement as i can tale for one lifetime.
lololololololololol
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #115  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Earthlings....

Walmart popcorn for breakfast...My downfall is popcorn. But loving every stinkin' carb and cal of it...lol.

Got bunches accomplished last night. After work Sissy colored my hair, got home about 6:15. C was home early, of course he was, I was not. Anyway he was fishing with his buddy across the pond. I cut the front grass, sprayed for weeds, planted my flower bed in front, planted my lil rose bush Sis got me for mother's day, took the trash out for pick up today then folded towels out of the dryer, all that and in bed by 9:30, out like a light. Poof!

Since I have to work late tonight, Humana telecom from Louisville is coming to install new phones but cannot do it till after 5pm. So I am taking an extra long lunch today, meeting my friend Nellie who used to work here. Then I think I will run down to Marsh and pick up my scripts after that.

MELLIE....hopefully the office will not need you and you can have a day of peace. Thankful for the quiet nite.

CEEG...welcome home, glad you made it safely, hope your back and other ailments feel better quickly.

CHELLE...have a great day at work.

SHADDIE...you junk is someone elses gold. You just never know what the neice will want. I have two closets that need cleaned out. Come on over and help yourself.

HAPPY...probaby typing over my head or under my feet. LOL Have a great day chickie...and yes I caught the meat beat comment.

Later girlies.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #116  
Annie - Indiana

Downton Abbey has an official return date: Season 4 of the period drama will premiere on Jan. 5, 2014. The series will then run for eight straight weeks, until Feb. 23
Old 05-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #117  
Annie - Indiana

We need to hire MELLIE to be on wheelchair patrol at Disney...read on...

According to the New York Post , some wealthy mothers in Manhattan have figured out a way to jump the lines at Disney World by hiring people who use wheelchairs.
According to the report, the disabled people pretend they are members of the family who hired them so the entire group can move to the front of the line, WCPO reported.

The Post says the “black-market Disney guides” cost about $130 an hour, or $1,040 for an eight-hour day.

According the report, Disney allows each guest who needs a wheelchair or motorized scooter to bring up to six guests to a “more convenient entrance.”
Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #118  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Big wildfire north of us - 8600 acres ablaze. Started last night but they feel they have it finally have it under control. It's hard to believe with all the snow we had recently that we still have a fire danger but we do. The sump pump draining water from around the foundation FINALLY stopped running very early this morning. It's been going for more than a week straight. We are in no danger but last night we could smell in the fire in the air.

I did go replace my dead vegetable plants yesterday. Picked up some flowers too - read every label and selected only those that will attract butterflies and hummingbirds. Now I am eager to plant but I think I will still wait about 2 weeks just to be safe. Not replacing plants a third time. Also DH needs to expand out the garden box boards.

Annie - I saw that article about Disney. The insulting thing this is that wealthy people are hiring these folks and bragging that "this is how the 1% (meaning the 1 percent of the people holding the top wealth) Do Disney". (ie. scamming a way to jump the lines). Another fine example of the continued downgrade of society as we march towards Soddom and Gommorah. I love popcorn too but saw an article on the news just the other day recommending AGAINST using microwave popcorn. Apparently the bags contain high levels of some yucky you don't want to consume it chemical. Tis ok, I was thinking of getting an air popper anyway. And for some reason they have changed out the bags and lately the popcorn is either half undone or burned black. Hope you don't have to work too late tonight. I say you should have come in after lunch instead of starting regular time. Thanks for the update on Downton Abbey - sure takes them a long time to film a short amount of episodes.

Mel - hope you get an unexpected free day from the madness. Nothing like an unexpected holiday to make one smile. That and rolling over a couple of hundred dollar bills that just flew in the breeze your way.

Shad - you would have a field day tossing things at my house. I could probably house and clothe a small village here. Glad you are feeling better.

Welcome home Ceejay.

Michelle - whatever human issues you and the ex had, there was no denying that the pups were everything to both of you. Is Santa the youngest of the 3 dogs?

Hi Laura

Can't stay on here long. DH was talking about taking an ATV ride today. Not really feeling up to it today and I certainly don't want to head north and breath in the smokey air. Couple of things I need to do before we go including opening up the greenhouse so that my plants don't roast.

Have a good day everyone. Will check back in later...
Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #119  
Choose your hard

excuse the typos. site is wonky today. Slow and I'm getting web errors.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #120  
Annie - Indiana

Sheesh HAPPY you sure do get a variety of things going on up there, snow, rain, critters now wildfires. Never a dull moment. Maybe head south on the ATV, stay away from the North, you will smell like a pit fire when you get back and have to shower again.