Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 05:50 PM   #61  
loves kleenex box art

Now that I am here, I would really appreciate seeing a post from that Bagz-sot who is sleeping it all off I guess. On a positive note, we got DS registered at the new school and they're letting him take an extra class instead of that study hall thing they have scheduled to help new 10th graders along a bit. He'll algebra with college students who the counselor said were "our age" then he said 35. He wasn't 35 either. I guess it's better than saying any real numbers. Don't you like my name? There's a character with a similar name in To Kill A Mockingbird.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:06 PM   #62  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
Don't you like my name? There's a character with a similar name in To Kill A Mockingbird.
Oh yes, and you write very colorfully too. I knew I'd heard that name before. You wear large dangling faux pearl earrings, don't you? And pastel cardigan sweaters with the top button attached by a little jeweled chain, right? Cat's eye glasses? Hair in a bun with a pencil through it? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Kiwi
Old 06-04-2003, 03:54 PM   #63  

Cowpernia, you'd better get into a house soon or I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. I can't take it anymore. It was Calpernia in To Kill a Mockingbird. Cowpernia is from the novel To Maim a Realtor.

It's hot here. It's supposed to hit 90 degrees. We went straight from winter to blasting hot summer. No spring in between. We have no central air at our house. It makes me mean.

I'm supposed to have a baby shower on Sunday for the gal that works for me on Thursdays. I had planned to clean my house and do all the baby shower errands tommorrow. She called me and said she can't work tommorrow. Do I get to cancel the shower? No day off for Wabby = no shower. I'm feeling stressed.

Tonight is weigh in night. I'm really missing food as a sedative. When I start feeling stressed I want to eat mass quantities.

I did see Far From Heaven, Kiwi. It was very good, and a beautiful movie too, as in the way they used to make them back in the 50's. The only problem was that I watched it on dvd and it kept skipping through scenes. After I watched the entire movie in 30 minutes I realized the dvd had gooey stuff on it. I cleaned it and rewatched the movie in the entirety, but I'd already seen the final scenes, so it kind of took something away from the experience. It was a movie worth going to a theatre for because it was just such a pretty movie.

Bunco on Saturday night!! whoohoooooo!
Old 06-04-2003, 10:39 PM   #64  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, does the baby shower girl know that you are doing this shower for her, or is it a surprise? Might be a surprise how unready you are, eh? That's a dilemma.

Gee, I thought I was the only one around here who suffered without central air in the summer. We have one room a/c unit that never goes in the BR window until we are so miserable we can barely bring ourselves to drag it over there (DH would be saying "what's this WE stuff?? You never drag it anywhere"....well, he would if he were reading this, but he's not, so I can say what I want, right?).

This is how cool DD's guitar teacher is: DD's friend S, who sings with her and wants to perform at the coffeehouse with her this Friday, was staying with us yesterday because her parents went out of town, so she came with us to the guitar lesson. This was going to be a special one-hour lesson of both guitar and voice, Dd's last lesson this spring. Anyway, we introduced S to the teacher, and she asked them to play something they might play on Friday. Then she said she wanted to work with both of them on vocal exercises and their songs. I went out shopping during the lesson and they told me later that she gave them quite a workout! They were still going strong at an hour and a half, and she offered to stay longer, but I had to get the girls home, it was getting late! She's so cool. She's about my age and "fluffier" than I am, but she has more energy and enthusiasm than 10 of me. DD is really lucky to find a teacher like her.

Blah, blah, blah, all I do is ramble on. A while ago, DH handed the phone to me to talk to our sailing friends, who are now in Key West (Yes! I am so jealous!) and I rambled on and on to them too.

I bought a giant bale of spaghnum peat moss today. Isn't that exciting? It's for my lasagne.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 06-04-2003 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:59 PM   #65  
loves kleenex box art

Here's a terrible story to make you hold on to your kids tighter. A woman in my officce has two kids younger than ds. The night before last, one spent the night with a friend. Next night, the friend had other guests. In the night, they sneaked got, took mom's car and crashed it into a tree. The friend, driver is 14. She and a 15 year old boy are in the hospital and a girl is dead.

DS and I picked out the colors of our house today. I let him pick them out mostly. Yellow and red. Should be cheerful.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:18 PM   #66  
The magic shrinking cow

Cowpernia, that's a terrible story. I'm just now starting to let DS14 watch DS7, but it's such a big scary world.

Hi Cows! I've been recovering from the end of the semester at college. This one was tough.

I've been working out almost every day. My diet still stinks. What's this fruits and vegetable nonsense?
Old 06-05-2003, 12:54 PM   #67  

Quote:
What's this fruits and vegetable nonsense?
Don't worry, Cherry, I'm sure it's just a passing fad. Congrats on the working out. My goal for life is to actually enjoy exercise. Do you think it's possible??

Kiwi, the shower girl knows that I'm giving her the shower. Actually, her mother (a dear, but frustrating friend) is co-hostessing the event, but so far I've done all the prep, and she told me if I would have it at my house she would take care of everything. I should have gotten that in writing. My plan is to only clean the public areas and close off the non public areas. My big worry is that it's supposed to be blastedly hot and we have no central ac. I don't think it would be a good idea to have everyone go sit in my bedroom in front of the window a/c unit.

Peach/Cowpernia, that is a terrible story. Was the woman in your office's child ok?

WW weigh in ---- tahdah------ drumroll please---------2.4 pounds lost!!! Over 10 pounds so far!!! (please don't remind me that they are the 10 pounds I gained while preparing for joining WW's.)

What is the proper amount to give a high school graduate? This is the step child of one of our employees.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:31 PM   #68  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

HELLO YOU OLD FAT TRAMPS--------I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THE GARDEN AND THE DD'S SCHOOL MUSICAL AND I AM SICK OF EVERYTHING----I WOULD WISH FOR SUMMER,BUT I THINK THAT BRINGS EVEN MORE STRESS AND CONFUSION-----HOWEVER I HAVE DECIDED THAT I AM MENTALLY UNBALANCED DUE TO PERIMENOPISS AND THAT WILL SUFFICE FOR NOW-----WELCOME COWPERNICIOUS----HOW LOVELY TO SEE YOU AGAIN XOXOXOXOXO SEE YOU SOON--------OH YEAH-------------MARTHA STEWART--------AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YOU OLE SNEAKYBAG YOU
Old 06-05-2003, 05:48 PM   #69  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
My big worry is that it's supposed to be blastedly hot and we have no central ac. I don't think it would be a good idea to have everyone go sit in my bedroom in front of the window a/c unit.
I'm in favor of coolers or tubs filled with ice (and Mike's Hard Lemonade) with fans blowing over them onto the guests. Maybe suggest that the theme be hot weather; I'm sure the pregnant girl will be suffering from it her last weeks. Provide paper fans instead of place decorations or party favors. Hey! Ice Cream Cake!

Quote:
WW weigh in ---- tahdah------ drumroll please---------2.4 pounds lost!!! Over 10 pounds so far!!!
Yeah, Wabby!

Quote:
What is the proper amount to give a high school graduate? This is the step child of one of our employees.
I was thinking of just slipping a $10 in the card of a friend's daughter who invited us to her grad party. However, an employee's kid, I suppose, ought to be more substantial. Maybe $25?

Here's my accomplishment for the day: I threw away a really old box of cereal, 2 really old cans of beer, emptied a box of things I was supposed to wash, and cleaned the floor in front of my washing machine. Well, part of it. A triangular section about 1 foot by 2 feet, to be exact. Then I took a coffee-break. Am I ambitious or what? I also took a very old container of parsley flakes -- I had 3 economy size ones, very chrissake -- and poured it on my lasagna garden. Yesterday I bought peat moss to put on it, but it's been raining all day, and I haven't done anything with it.

Bagz, I swear I understand you better when you've had a few too many margies.

Kiwi
Old 06-06-2003, 01:07 PM   #70  

My goodness, Bagzie. I know what you mean about being sick of everything. I am too. What can we do about it? My body upkeep is becoming a full time job. I've got a colonoscopy scheduled for later this month. How's that for ick? Then I have an appt. for a mammogram and one for having a crown put on one of my teeth, and one for the eye doctor. I got an invitation to subscribe to a magazine that offered me the senior citizens discount. I feel like it's turning into just one big downward spiral. wah. wah. wah.

Kiwi, your garden will be well seasoned. The problem I have with giving the stepchild graduate a gift is that 1. I don't care for the kid (he's constantly in trouble, he's rude to adults, he smokes pot, he's wrecked 4 cars in the last 2 years and his mother makes excuses for him because he's athletic and plays football and baseball.) and 2. I don't care for his mother (she's the one who pulled the look at my tattoo down my pants trick at our Christmas party - remember that one?) However, I do like the guy that works for us who is the stepdad to this kid. So I guess a card w/ a $20 bill would be ok? I sound like such a b*tch don't I? I've just been so mean lately.

I love the idea of passing out paper fans to the baby shower guests. Only about 15 out of 32 ppl are going to come. They've probably heard about the A/C.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:09 PM   #71  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i love that wabby is mean---it's all about hormones ya know--go to chatelaine.com and read all about how we are all hormonal maniacs
Old 06-06-2003, 10:56 PM   #72  
loves kleenex box art

I think Wabby is becoming more like me and that's scary. What happened to the "never say anything if you can't say anything nice" Wabby? Anyway, I like this Wabby and relate well to her. I wouldn't want to give the kid anything either but would want to make the dad feel o.k. so I vote for the $20.

I'm at the Canadian site www.painted-house.com learning how to do weird stuff to my future house. Do I dare????
Old 06-07-2003, 12:29 AM   #73  
The magic shrinking cow

Wabby, I remember that tattoo lady. I vote for $20 for the sake of the stepdad.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:05 AM   #74  
fatter than U

I've been busy doing lord knows what and PROMISE to come back here later to comment on what you hilarious cows have been posting.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:23 PM   #75  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
The problem I have with giving the stepchild graduate a gift is that 1. I don't care for the kid (he's constantly in trouble, he's rude to adults, he smokes pot, he's wrecked 4 cars in the last 2 years and his mother makes excuses for him because he's athletic and plays football and baseball.) and 2. I don't care for his mother (she's the one who pulled the look at my tattoo down my pants trick at our Christmas party - remember that one?) However, I do like the guy that works for us who is the stepdad to this kid. So I guess a card w/ a $20 bill would be ok?
Oh, ick, that's different. Too bad it has to be that kid. Hmm, maybe a gift certificate to driving school. Or, one of my favorites, something he can't possibly do any real harm with: a prepaid phone card. Or you could send a card and present to the father to congratulate him for living with the kid this long.

I find if you postpone your dr. and dentist appts, you get the impression that everything's fine. Can you say head in the sand?

I'm wasting large amounts of time on ebay. All I wanted was to buy some ramekins. Everything is so complicated. I finally bid on some cute ones, but I probably won't get them, so this will continue.

Going to nephew's h.s. graduation tonight. Last night DD and her friend playing several songs at the coffeehouse (note: in town 1 hour away -- can't ever find anything close by that is worth doing). They also had to listen to actual grownups, who knew what they were doing, play and sing. So hopefully they gained a little insight into the fact that they might have been more successful in they had practiced. hoho. Mean mommy. What they played was very nice, but they wasted a lot of time chattering about what they should play. In any case, it was fun, and good experience for them.

Suppose I ought to go try to accomplish something that doesn't involve a computer. Tata

Oh, I really like your post, Sugar. Doing lord knows what. Made me giggle.

Kiwi
Closed Thread