3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Fabulous February Worldies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/274791-fabulous-february-worldies.html)

MELODY525 02-25-2013 07:32 AM

GOOD MORNINGCHICKIES.

ON MY WAY TO MEET THE BOSS.
I'LL SHOULD BE BACK IN A BIT TO READ & POST.
I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM THAT THIS WEEKEND IS OVER.
I WANT TO BEFCOME A HERMIT ALL THE MORE!!!

SEE YA LATER AND HAVE A GREAT DAY:encore:

MELODY525 02-25-2013 08:04 AM

THE BOSS ISN'T HERE YET SO I LEFT A WRITTEN REPORT:rofl:
TIME TO EAT BREAKFAST:hun:

HAPPY....YOUR SNOW IS PILING UP!
I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A GREEN HOUSE.
MY STEP GGM WAS A WHOLESALE FLORIST.
SHE HAD THE OLD FASHIONED WHITE WOODEN & GLASS ONES.
I GET THE GOOSE BUMPS EVEN THINKING OF THEM. GORGEOUS.
I DIDN'T KNOW TODAY WAS THE FULL MOON....
THAT ANSWERS WHY THE FRASSING BLACK CLOUD IS HANGING OVER THE BLDG SINCE FRIDAY!!!:cry:

SHAD....SORRY WE DIDN'T GET TOGETHER.
IT SOUNDS LIKE WE HAD A LOT TO SET STRAIGHT TOO.
HOPE IT CAN WAIT A FORTNIGHT...IS THAT 2 WEEKS??
I'LL GOOGLE IT. LOL
I HOPE THE MISTAKE WILL TURN OUT OK.
I THINK I MADE A LOT OF THEM OVER THE WEEKEND BUT DID THE SAME...WHO CARES.
TOLD MY BOSS IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT THEY CAN HAVE THE KEYS BACK.
SEEMS LIKE I SAY THIS A LOT LATELY:rofl:
SENDING YOU A HUG TOO :hug:

LAURA....SO HOW WAS THE OSCARS???
WE DID THAT A FEW TIMES HERE WHEN I FIRST MOVED IN.
AND OREOS FOR DINNER???
HAVEN'T DONE THAT IN YEARS:drool:
THOSE WERE GREAT FLATWARE PRICES!! WOW!!BTW....I'LL BE SENDING YOU MY HEAVY ITEM MARKET LIST TOO!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT A GREAT WORKOUT.
MY LEFT ARM IS A VERY POWERFUL CART DRIVER!!:lol3: :lol3:
CONGRATS ON THE BONUS!!!GOALS FOR 2013???
IT'S ALREADY ALMOST MARCH!!! :rofl:

CEEJAY....IT'S THAT SINUS HEADACHY TIME OF THE YEAR.
DON'T YOU THINK THAT SOUNDS LIKE A SONG???
hOPE YOU FEEL BETTER & THE SNOW STOPPED.
GOOD GOING WITH THE DVD:ebike:
I REALLY HOPE YOU GO TO THE WEDDING!
IT WOULD BE SO NICE TO SEE THE FAMILY & OCEAN WHILE THERE TOO.:hug:
YOU A BUSY SUNDAY! HOPE THE UNCLES ARE WELL.

ANNIE....I BET YOU ARE SO GLAD THE MOVE IS OVER.
IS IT TOO TIGHT OF A SQUEEZE???
IS DRY MOUTH A SIDE EFFECT OF THE BP DRUGS....SOME HAVE THAT.
SENDING A HEALING THOUGHT YOUR WAY!!:yoga:
WTF IS GOING ON????
ALSO HOPE NO ONE GET STABBED IN THE EYE BY THE SHELL ANSWER WOMAN!!:belly:

MICHELLE....HOPE ALL THE SNOW AND MOVING STUFF WASN'T TOO BAD.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU GALS HAD A BUSY WEEKEND.
CONGRATS ON THE BONUS!!!GOALS FOR 2013???
IT'S ALREADY ALMOST MARCH!!! :rofl:
HOPE THE DOG WILL BE BETTER NOW THE MED IS CHANGED.
POOR THING. WISH ANIMALS COULD TALK.

annie175 02-25-2013 08:23 AM

Good Morning all...yet another busy weekend. Got up Saturday and cleaned like a mad woman, thoroughly. Started cleaning at 8 am after a cup of java and news and didn't get done until 3. Took a shower and set out on errands. Got back home at 6, started dinner, the kids brought the baby over to spend the night. Fixed Manicotti, salad, cheese rosoto for dinner. Put the babe down at 9, C and I followed shortly after. The baby work up at 2:30 and was having no part of the pak n play so I sat in the recliner with him all night as he restlessly slept until 7:30 am. And boy do I mean restlessly. He woke about every hour after that. Kids picked babe up at 11:30 am Sunday, then C and I went to lunch, Menards hardware and over to his house. We worked on his house until about 6pm, when Tater called to say he was in town and would like to meet us for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. DS, DDIL, Sissy and babe met me and C. Got home at 7:45, Went to bed at 8:30. Woke up 3 times and was on the verge of not sleeping, then started counting backwards and fell asleep each time.

Here I am at work with move issues to resolve. Blah. Still looks like a tornado went through and much still to unpack.

Not doing personals right now, just too much to get done!

Love ya all...

Laura705 02-25-2013 10:48 AM

Morning all.

Annie - Now I feel extra slothful after reading of your busy weekend.:o Glad you were able to get yourself back to sleep.

Mel - the Oscars was alright. I wasn't familiar with Seth MacFarlane, the host, but he was pretty good, except for a few tasteless jokes and his startling resemblence to the actor who played Peter on the Brady Bunch!! LOL. Yeh, we've barely figured out our goals when it's time for the mid-year review!

Michelle - I'm so sorry Doppler was having seizures from the med's dosage change! Poor baby, I hope he's feeling much better by now.

Ceejay - Is it a far drive to Paragould? You do it so often. When bf and I go out to his brother's place in the far NW suburbs, it feels like such a trip, but yet it's under 30 miles, LOL.

===
The Oscars party was fine. I could see that it was not going to end anytime soon, so I left the party at about 10:15 to go home, figuring I could at least get ready for bed during the commercials, which I did. It ended at around 11:00. Maybe next year I'll take the following Monday off work and sleep in. :yawn: I did horribly on guessing the winners...darn it, because this year there was a money prize. :shrug: I brought pita chips and hummus to the party, and there were 3 ultra-fattening dips in addition to that, plus something call taco soup that was pretty tasty. I ate too much junky stuff (including desserts). That said, this morning the scale was back to where it's been before TOM last week, so that's good.

I made the lentil soup yesterday. This recipe came out tasiter than the last and I think it was because it was a bit lighter on the spices compared to the other recipe I used. Here's a link to it, if you're interested: http://weightingfor50.com/recipes-2/

Scroll quite a ways down the recipe page (of a blog I follow), it's called "Turkish Red Lentil Soup". Yum. Between that and bf's chili, I'm a happy camper.

Okay, I could prattle on forever, but I have to get some work done now since it's apparently not going to do itself!!

diyana 02-25-2013 11:27 AM

Good morning ladies,

I overdid it on the weekend (too much walking at the dog park I think), and my back gave out today. I couldn't walk when I woke up to go to work. So I had to let my boss know I couldn't make it in.

I took a pain killer and muscle relaxer and am able to walk a little now....but now I'm loopy so I'm not safe to drive. Guess I'll just relax the remainder of the day.

Much love,

happy2bme 02-25-2013 12:17 PM

Hi all,

Went to the podiatrist this morning. She was an hour late as she had a doctor's appointment in the same complex and that doctor was 30 minutes late so everything go pushed back. I told her nothing is working and I am done with this pain in my foot so we did the cortesone shot. OMG - I remembered it hurt but not as bad as it did. I tensed up, tried to keep quiet but at one point I actually cried out. Imagine something that is incredibly sore and burning and you grab on to it and squeeze it as hard as you can to see just how much pain you can take before you pass out. It's like that but WORSE. She didn't even get all the cortesone in - said the bursa was resistant so that meant it was terribly inflamed. I sure hope this works. I am supposed to keep my foot elevated and stay off of it as much as possible for the next 24 hours. So off I go. Talk to you tomorrow.

annie175 02-25-2013 12:35 PM

HAPPY....owie on the cortisone shot. I had one in my wrist once and OMG. Bless your heart. Take it easy and have DH wait on you and bring you yummythings to eat, read, and drink!!

LAURA...taco soup is really good. Probably close to what I make called tortilla soup. I love it, but then again anything mexican is great to me. I watched the pre-oscars with all the celebraties and gowns, then I went to bed. haha.

CHELLE...I see I am going to have to make a trip up there to rolling pin you. Stop doing that to yourself. Take it easy and relax.

MELLIE...sounds like you were a busy lil beaver all weekend also. Either it is quiet there or crazy, is there no medium? Have a sweet day!

CEEG...oh a Florida wedding....sounds like fun to me! Go and enjoy yourself.

SHADDIE...glad you came to some kind of peace with your decision. Rain...blah!

Later ladies...

ceejay52 02-25-2013 04:11 PM

Happy
I well remember those cortisone injections in the feet. My podiatrist nurse had to hold me down. I pray I don't have to have those again. I've had them in my lower back and hip also. Hope the pain subsides.

Annie
I'm planning on making tortilla soup this week. Yum.

I'm back at work today but really don't want to be. We're expecting storms some time this afternoon.

happy2bme 02-25-2013 06:09 PM

Just got a call from my cousin - the son of the male owner of the popcorn shop was killed yesterday in a snowmobile accident. Apparently he missed a turn and his snowmobile left the trail and crashed into a tree where it snapped his neck. He was only 26. Very sad. Of all the recreational things up here, snowmobiles scare me the most. They go very, very fast. We are having an above average year for deaths in the state. Many due to snowmobiles crashing through the ice on the lakes. Even though it's been cold up here, there are thin spots where fast moving water underneath keeps it from freezing over thickly. Not for me. DH won't go ATVing in the snow cover either because you can't see what you're riding over.

My foot is still sore and hurting. I did take a nap. Tried to read but I cannot get into the book Room. I might go downstairs and watch some Christmas movies I recorded but didn't see and ice my foot. Dinner will be extra walleye I had left from the other day - cousin gave me a huge bag - enough for 2 meals and it was an all or nothing defrost the way he froze it. At least that's quick to fix.

Have a good night ladies.

Shad 02-26-2013 07:24 AM

Morning, evening, whatever

No time today. Being a chauffeur is taking up all my time. Mind you they are thinking that they might like to give me some work. Now there is a turn up for the books. Seems that I will have a full load about the time that I leave. Hallelujah.

Hope all the various aches and pains are going away. Happy I feel for your foot. There isn't a lot of fat or soft bits in a foot so they always hurt more.

Better get to bed or I won't get up in the morning. First pick up - Evolution Apartments, second pickup Mantra, third pick up Crowne Plaza. Then the Waterfront. Lucky I know my way around Darwin. Wonder if they will give me a tip at the end of it all.

annie175 02-26-2013 08:06 AM

Wow, had a break through on the BP..not perfect but way more accepting...138/80, yahooooooooooooooo! And that was last evening after a ridiculous day at work.

Did I mention I am taking cinnamon for BP? I cannot remember what I have told you. Anyway, with eating healthier, more meds and cinnamon, something is working, now which one is it? haha

SHADDIE...murphy's law on the work situation. Of course they come up with something when you finally decide to leave.

HAPPY...hope your feeties are feeling better and better each day...Hugs. Too sad about the young man. Yes, snowmobiles and snow skiing. Both scare the begeebers out of me.

CEEG...I am with you on the work and not wanting to be here..BLAH!

Will come back later, got fires to put out this morning.

MELODY525 02-26-2013 08:18 AM

MORING EVERYONE.
STILL SOME PAIN IN THE SHOULDER.
HURTS TO TYPE.
I'LL TRY TO COME BACK LATER IF THE ALEVE WORKS :rofl:

ceejay52 02-26-2013 09:39 AM

Mel
Hope the shoulder feels better soon.

Happy
How is your foot today?

Annie
I've heard of cinnamon for blood sugar control but not bp but hey if it is working keep taking it. I'd love to be all natural when it comes to meds.

Shad
So you are being a taxi driver.

Michelle
How are you doing today? Hope you were able to go into work.

----------------
I've started taking Dimatapp otc liquid med for cold and allergy at night and I sleep really well. It says to take it every 4 hours. I will try that on my day off just in case it makes me sleepy during the day. I've also heard that Echinacea is good for allergies so I'm giving that a try also.
I'm thinking about getting my hair cut this week end and maybe high lighted.

Laura705 02-26-2013 10:22 AM

Morning all.

Ceejay - I'm another one who doesn't want to be at work today. I'd much rather be at home, curled up with a mug of tea and a book. Oh well.

Michelle - Is your back feeling better today??

Happy - Sorry the shot was so painful. I hope your foot's feeling better today. Very tragic about the shop owner's son - snowmobiling sounds more dangerous than fun to me, so I doubt I would ever try it.

Annie - The taco soup I had was more like a Mexican minestrone than a chicken tortilla soup, which I also love. Yep, I love Mexican food. :love: Yay for the lower bp!!! Hope it stays that way.

Shad - Of course they'll get you busy right when you're about to finish this contract. (Shaking my head.) Hope you get a good tip. :D

Mel - Hope the aleve works and the shoulder's feeling better soon.
==
Nothing much to report. On Sunday, I'd woken up very early and went to bed a bit late, so yesterday the lack of sleep hit me around mid-afternoon. I was in bed reading around 9-ish, and around 11-ish bf woke me up to take off my glasses and put away my book.

The boss is looking to move up a meeting scheduled for 3 pm today because of the coming snowstorm. She has a good distance to drive from her train station so I guess I can't blame her. Another weekday storm messing up the rush hour. Glad I can walk home from the train station. :running:

Today's my first WW meeting. The meetings will be on Tuesdays starting with weigh-ins at 12:30. I've never been fond of weighing in at any time other than first thing in the morning, but this is the way it'll be. The last time I did lunchtime ww meetings, I recall skipping breakfast and drinking minimal beverages in the morning. Silly, but I see myself doing that again.

Okay, time to get to work. Looks like the 3 pm meeting might be postponed to another day due to scheduling issues. I'm not too sad about that. The topic's been a major PITA for me.

diyana 02-26-2013 10:44 AM

Hi ladies -

I made it to work today. I'm walking with a cane. Sometimes my back is okay and walking only hurts a little (3 on a scale of 0 to 10 - 10 being worst pain ever), but then without warning, my lumbar muscles and hamstrings cramp up/spasm, the pain level shoots up to a 9, and my legs give out (hence the cane).

It was a good thing that I was home yesterday because Doppler was still wobbly on his legs and a bit disoriented. So I told the vet that when she called and she said she wanted me to bring Doppler in so that his blood sugar could be checked to make sure it was still not too low. I made the appointment for the afternoon to give the muscle relaxer I took in the morning more time to wear off, and I was fine to drive by the afternoon. Doppler's blood sugar was really good...exactly where the vet would want it. But he did have a urinary tract infection, so he got a shot of antibiotics and we were sent on our way. I called ex-DMIL last night and talked to her this morning...Doppler is getting more sure on his feet and more alert. :)

Sending :goodvibes: to all who are in the path of the winter storm that's on its way here. Hopefully, where I live won't get much snow...cuz there's no way I could shovel.

Better get back to it. Lots to catch up on at work after being out yesterday.

Much love and many hugs,