Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Wow, I thought my deductible was high. Mine is 3,000 dollars and it starts over in January. Guess I'm going to have to squirrel away some money to a special account to cover medical cost. I'm curious as to how much Obama is going to hold out of my pay check today as well. I know 2% of it is going for Social Security.

Happy
I hadn't thought about the rainy weather causing my aches and pains in the arm. I'm wondering now if I hadn't pulled some muscle there as well.

Laura
Glad the decorations were put back in the attic before you got home.

Mel
Calm down my dear friend. Remember to put your do not disturb sign on the door.

-------------------
My phone rang this morning at 6.00 a.m. Luckily I was up but in the bath tub. I had told my neighbor that she could clean this week end and of course she wanted to do it today. I told her it would be better for me for her to do it tomorrow. The main reason is to see how much Social Security is to be held out of my check. If it's her pay check I'm cutting her loose. She likes to come while I'm gone and I don't like that. After I told her it would be tomorrow she hinted for me to take her to breakfast. I also said in a nice manner that my body was full of sodium this morning (it is) and I didn't need fast food. She tries every which way to get money out of me. That's stopping. My resolution for this year is not for anyone to take advantage of me, that includes relatives, friends and neighbors.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-10-2013 at 10:46 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #107  

Morning all. It feels like a Friday, alas, that won't come 'til tomorrow.

Annie - Well, you have a job. End of good news. We've gotten nothing from our benefits/payroll group re our payroll deductions. Guess I'll just see what's changed when my check hits the bank next week and I print my stub. OMG, what a screw-up re your office move!!!! And now there will be two moves??? You're gonna be one busy gal between now and 1/31. And how long will you be in the temp digs before the next move??? I haven't gotten into the nitty-gritty of Obamacare, but I do know that bf's bro is looking to get out of his insurance sales job as the writing on the wall makes it look like it won't be making him any money.

Happy - I'm glad to hear that the doc had good news about the health of dh's heart. I hope upping the palp med helps because it must be so uncomfortable when the racing/palps occur. Re the US becoming a third-world country - there was an article in the Trib last Sunday about the increasing numbers of immigrants now returning to Mexico. Apparently the US being the land of plenty and opportunity is fading a bit. But in reading the article, it featured a family that returned to Mexico because the parents, who were in the US on expired work visas, could not work legally and so had little opportunity for better-paying jobs. The jobs they could get were difficult physical jobs and would not be able to support them and allow them to send their two sons to college. Somewhat different situation from US citizens. RE our employer-offered insurance - our company spends a lot of effort looking at what our peer companies are doing. If it becomes the trend to pay a fine instead of offer insurance to its employees, at some point my company would likely follow it. Sorry you can't get in to see the foot doc sooner. Hope you can stay off your feet at work.

Mel - Sorry you had all those doorbells to contend with last night. At least you don't have a dog going nutso on you whenever the bell rings! No, I'm actually happy to see all the decorations stored away. When we bring down the bins from the attic for all that, we keep them in the spare bedroom until we put everything back in them. That room becomes a major mess, so it's nice that it's back to being minor mess again, LOL. Next year I might try to put the bins in our entry closet. There's actually a lot of floor space in there to accomodate a lot of the bins. And there'd even be some shelf space if I got rid of some unused items in there...

Michelle - Glad the Nyquil helps you get your sleep. Is the bronchitis easing up? Re all these movies lately (many nominated for awards), they are all pretty long - over 2 hours - so I would just rather watch them at home. Might not get to see them before the Oscars show, but so what.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!

Meeting in a couple min, so I'll get this posted now. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #108  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I did not sleep well last night, despite taking Nyquil. My mind was racing most of the night. I tossed and turned a lot. My bronchitis is still bad...making breathing a challenge. I'm going to try and get back in to see the doc...but I think she'll give me prednisone, which messes with my blood sugar. What a Catch-22.

My boss is still giving me mixed signals about the stability of my job. It's so frustrating and stressful. I wish I could just win the lottery.

As long as I go to a hospital or clinic that's within the hospital system I work for, then my deductible and co-pay are fairly low. And as of the first of the year, I don't have my ex on my insurance, so that's helped my premium. Hopefully I can keep this job until I move to CA.

====================
Ceejay - Stand up for yourself, girlfriend. Don't let anyone take advantage of you.

Happy - I hope your foot pain eases up. I'm glad the cardiologist had good news, and I hope the new meds for your DH help.

Annie - Sounds like you have a lot of job stress. Hang in there, sista. I hope the additional paycheck deductions don't require you to go back to CVS part time (unless you want to that is). It would be difficult as it would cut into your C and Sassy time.

Laura - I so wish it were Friday. I could really use a weekend...even though my weekend will be busy moving stuff from the house to my place. I'm hoping to get it all finished, so I can start cutting back on the time spent over there. I hope your meeting goes well.

Mel - Sorry you had so many people at the door. Ugh! That would drive me crazy.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #109  

Michelle - Having to watch the blood sugar levels sure complicates the decisions of what you eat and medicate with. Shouldn't your doc be able to tell you how to deal with treating the bronchitis and keeping the sugar levels in line? After reading our posts about the state of the country, healthcare, and job woes, I think all of us would love to win the lottery! But since that hasn't happened, the weekend is the next best thing to wish for, and fortunately, we almost certainly will get one. Even if we have to spend a lot of it doing stuff that needs to be done, it's better than work!

Ceejay - Excellent resolution - not letting anyone take advantage of you. And with this housecleaning thing - you're the boss. If you want it done a certain way or on a certain day/time, that's for you to call. I suppose being a friend or friendly acquaintance with this woman makes it difficult to keep the housecleaning arrangement more business-like. Good luck with that.

---
Thanks for your comments about immersion blenders. When I occasionally make smoothies, I often use frozen fruit, and I would never expect an immersion blender to do that job. But it would be convenient for salad dressings...Oh heck, I don't care if it's something that doesn't have multiple uses, it's something I want, so I'll get it!

I almost slacked off on the gym last night - came home, got myself a snack and plopped on the sofa. But then I gave myself a pep talk and gathered my gear and got myself there. First I stopped at the library to pick up a dvd I had on hold, and a book bf had on hold. The movie is "Bernie" with Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine and Matthew McConaughey. They also had another dvd that I'd put on hold - "Take this Waltz" with Michelle Williams and Seth Rogan. Both are supposed to be good stories.

The gym was okay - First I did the elliptical for 30 min. There's a separate ab circuit area, but I noticed while I was on the elliptical nearby that no one was doing the entire circuit, they just came into the area to use one or two of the machines (which a sign states is not allowed). But I still decided to try the circuit. I only ended up doing about 4 out of the 9 stations because I had to go around someone at one station and then there was one machine I didn't want to bother with...so I guess I was just as bad as the other ab circuit mis-users. I also did some other ab and back exercises in another area. It was an okay workout, and I am starting to feel soreness in my abs right about now. And I did discover an ab circuit machine that seems to do a good job on the lower abs. I'll have to sneak in there to use that one...

That's about it for me. Not doing anything tonight, but I guess I'll sort through the mail - it's started piling up again. Bleh.

Cheers!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #110  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - for getting to the gym and getting such a good workout. I still haven't started back at the gym...I'm waiting until I can breathe a little better. But after work yesterday since it was fairly warm, I took Santa to the off-leash dog park, and followed him around...probably a mile walk. And then after the dog park, I walked him around the block for good measure.

As for treating bronchitis while keeping blood sugar levels in line...that's a tricky thing. Because aside from antibiotics and expectorants, the best thing for the bronchial tightness/spasms is Prednisone...which spikes blood sugar. So it comes down to breathing or blood sugar stability. I've been trying to postpone going back to the doc because I have a blood test coming up on Saturday, and based on my own testing of my morning fasting sugar levels, along with the 2 hour post meal levels, my blood work might not be very good. I tried to get in to see my doctor today for the bronchitis, chest tightness and shortness of breath, but she's not in the office today. I could've made an appointment with someone else, but I'd rather wait until tomorrow and see my doctor since she's familiar with ALL my health issues. I don't relish the idea of going back on Prednisone, not only because it'll make my blood sugar all wonky, but also because it will bring back my hot flashes (it did over Christmas) and it'll make me more moody...and with all that's been going on with getting the rest of my stuff out of my ex's home and all the emotions with the divorce hearing coming up and his gf moving to WI....let's just say that I'm not looking forward to potential mood swings. Oh well...this too shall pass.

Last edited by diyana; 01-10-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #111  

Oy, Michelle, it's so complicated, and frustrating, I'm sure. I hope the doc can help you move this along!

You and Santa both got some exercise yesterday!! Good job!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #112  
Creating a Healthier Me

Yep, Laura...Santa keeps me walking. And tonight we'll either have a long or short walk depending on when the rain moves in. He doesn't like walking in the rain and neither do I.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #113  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING ALL YOU LOVELY CHICKS.

I AM HAPPY TO REPORT THE CHAIR PAPERWORK IS MOVING.
NOT NEAR COMPLETION YET BUT ROLLING ALONG. PUN INTENDED
STILL NO WORD ON WHEN THE OLD CHAIR IS COMING BACK.
DID I TELL YOU IT NEVER ARRIVED WITH THE SALESMAN???
GUESS SOMEONE SCREWED UP THE BATTERY ORDER HUH.
HOPING FOR NEXT WEEK BUT I LIKE THIS LOANER CHAIR BETTER
WISH I COULD KEEP IT TILL THE NEW ONE ARRIVES.

DID SOME THINGS FOR THE SENIORS YESTERDAY.
I ALSO TOLD A FEW THAT HAS TO BE THE LAST TIME.
BEGINNING TO CUT BACK MORE ON THE "HOUSE" JOBS.
TOO HARD ON THE HANDS & EYES.
JEN & I DECIDED SHE DOESN'T NEED THIS CRAP EITHER.
HER EYES ARE BETTER BUT HER HANDS ARE WORSE.
BESIDES, THE PEOPLE LEFT THAT ARE COMING TO ME HAVE RELATIVES.

NOTHING ELSE IS NEW HERE. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A HAPPY FRIDAY.
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND TOO!!

KAREN3....ALL THE BEST TODAY.
WILL SEND A PRAYER & GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY

ANNIE......ALL THANKS TO THE GOVERNORS, PAST & PRESENT,
ALL GOVT EMPLOYEES HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR BENEFITS.
THE LOSS IN THEIR CHECKS CONTINUES TO GROW.
IT'S AN "EASING IN" PROGRAM.
THEY ARE FURIOUS WITH THE SMALLER CHECKS.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOURS TOO.

HAPPY.....WE CAN SELL EVERYTHING NOW AND MOVE TO THE BEACH
I DON'T KNOW WTF THIS FINGER IS.
IT SWELLS UP AT THE BASE JOINT, DOESN'T GET HOT
AND HURTS LIKE THE DICKENS.
BUT I HAVE BEEN WATCHING WHAT I DO WITH IT.
ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I USE THE THUMB-FINGER SPACE TO WRAP AROUND MY WHEELCHAIR PARTS TO TRANSFER.
I THINK IT'S STILL AN OVER-USED BODY PART.
BUT HE SAID IT COMES & GOES TOO FAST FOR THAT.
SO WHO TF KNOWS HE ALSO MENTIONED ARTHRITIS.
AND ALSO IN MY BACK. THE RIBCAGE AREA.
BTW....A LOT OF WOMEN IN HERE GET THE GOUT. SORRY.
TRY WEARING THE BIKINI IN THE POPCORN PLACE.
YOU MIGHT SELL MORE AND GET A BIG RAISE LIKE ME

CEEJAY....WE WILL CONQUER THAT GOAL TOGETHER!!
NO MORE PEOPLE USING US FOR THEIR BETTERMENT
JEN & I JUST HAD THAT CONVERSATION RECENTLY.
WE'RE CUTTING LOOSE THE "USERS" THAT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A GOOD THING.
GOOD FOR YOU. AND THANKS, I AM MUCH CALMER.

LAURA...HOPE THE MEETING WENT WELL.
NOW YOU HAVE SO MUCH FLOOR SPACE, I CAN MOVE IN!!
OR BETTER YET...STORE MY CHRISTMAS STUFF THERE
IF I KEEP TALKING ABOUT CHRISTMAS, SHADDIE IS GONNA KILL ME
GO LAURA GO ON THE EXERCISE
I NEVER KNEW ABOUT FROZEN FRUIT AND THE HAND BLENDER.
GLAD YOU BROUGHT THE SUBJECT UP!!

MICHELLE....BE CAREFUL SELF MEDICATING WITH NYQUIL.
IT CAN ACTUALLY BE BAD FOR BRONCHITIS AT TIMES. VERY DRYING.
IT CAN ALSO MAKE A BODY DEPENDANT ON IT FOR SLEEP.
WE'VE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH LOT OF NYQUIL'ed SENIORS HERE CAN YOU TELL?
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON AND GET BACK TO THE DR!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-11-2013 at 07:56 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #114  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good Friday morning fine ladies of the world,

DH had a quiet day after they upped his medicine but last night he said he was having palpitations again. Woke up at 5:30 for a potty run and I really needed/wanted that last hour and a half of sleep. DH decided to "sing" a medley of "Snoring's Greatest Hits". I did eventually get a bit more of shut eye but not enough. We were supposed to get freezing rain from this latest winter storm but we just barely dodged the bullet here. It remained a degree or two above freezing so we have alot of rain on top of packed down snow. Not quite warm enough to wash it away. Supposed to get very cold by Sunday so this will be an awful mess. But at least the roads are not icy at the moment. I was worried about getting to work. We're into January and have barely gotten any snow. This isn't good for this area - really hurts the economy. We have the Paralympic Ski event here this weekend and only a 30 percent chance of snow so I don't know how that's going to go down. The big Berkie ski race is the end of next month - people come from all over the world for that one. We're not the winter paradise we need to be.

Well Mel - now I've seen it all - an ice skating frog. Which is interesting considering they are cold blooded amphibians but that's just the practical me talking I hope you get to keep the loaner chair. If you see them coming in the door, just hide that one and substitute it for another one. Like a desk chair on wheels - they might not notice since they are not so on the ball with paperwork Sorry to hear about the finger but that makes sense about you stressing it when you transfer back and forth. I think you need a good dose of Igor to kiss your aches and pains and give you a good rubbing down No, I am not putting on a bikini. The only reason I wear a bra and panties is because they are covered up with my clothes. Besides, I am around hot popcorn oil, that would not be safe. I wore a bikini once - around 1977. I'll try just about anything once, doesn't mean I'll do it again. Hope you feel better. Maybe you could just sit in your chair and dispense advice to the seniors and not have to get aggrivated and do alot of physical stuff. You could be Mel Corlieone - The Godmother... Charge 'em 5 bucks for each conference.

Poor Michelle- I know you've had issues trying to get the lungs calmed down but I had no idea how much the meds messed with everything else. You are truly in a no win situation here. I hope you don't have to go on the steroids again. Walking Santa would be good exercise but if you are tight and wheezy, not such a good thing. At least if you can unleash him at the dog park, he can run around and burn some energy off. Feel better girl

Ceejay - I know you want to help this woman out, but it does seem a bit shady, and she wants to manipulate you and do things on her own terms. Sounds like you need to find someone more impersonal who will keep things on a professional level as it should be. Hope you are feeling better too. Did you get alot of rain the other day?

Laura - I wouldn't say you were an ab-circuit abuser. I'm sure they put up a sign so that someone didn't come in and hog a specific machine or two for an hour work out and mess up the flow of things. Good for you for taking yourself to the gym when you didn't feel like it. That can be some powerful resistance in the head. I always said the hardest part was setting foot in the door. I wish our library had some DVDs of TV series. We have a fair collection of old movies and a wall of books on tape that I never really looked at. Our music collection stinks big time. I heard too that alot of people were returning to Mexico or there was a decrease in people running the border due to the drop in jobs up here in the states. I'm sure there are alot of people who are looking for a better life for their families, sounds like there is incredible corruption down south. I wish we'd go back to the melting pot we once were instead of people trying to make the US a version of their home country.

Karen - hope all goes well for your procedure today. Good healing thoughts to you!

Annie - I've heard more people talking about taking the high deductible insurance plan. I tried to figure out what would be most cost effective for us and it seemed like the medium deductible plan would spread the money out over time more evenly. I'd probably go the same route as you if DH was more stable - which he'd like to be. I hope work was not too aggrivating for you. 2 office moves this year. Oh boy, what a headache that's going to be. Are you going to have to coordinate the move again?

Hello Shad - you've been quiet lately.

Guess I'd better get ready and head over to the store. I had one customer yesterday and one online order which was my sister. Soooo boring. I tried to take some pictures of the sports tins we have for the website but I forgot to charge up my battery so that only lasted about 30 minutes. I have a feeling today will be slow also. This is worse than being really busy since the day d-r-a-g-s Have a good one chicks, weekend is upon us.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #115  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

Happy Friday! OMG, TGIF fo sho! This not being able to breathe properly has had me feeling completely exhausted all week regardless of how much sleep I get. I did sleep quite well last night.

I'm leaving work early to go to the doc, and hopefully she'll be able to give me something. Even if she gives me Prednisone and even if she says I can't start it until after my fasting blood work tomorrow...that's fine. I just want to be able to breathe again.

Santa and I only had time for a short walk before it started to rain. Even though it was a fairly light rain, he wasn't enjoying walking in it and neither was I.

If it's nice after my doc appointment today, I'll take him to the off-leash dog park. We'll both enjoy that.

===================

Mel - I'm glad to hear the paperwork for the new chair is progressing. I hope you get delivery of that, along with your old chair, soon and without any further hassles. It's good that the loaner chair is working out for you. What are the seniors asking you to do? I know it's hard for you and Jen to say no, but you have to put yourselves first. I hate it when the ribcage hurts in the back or the chest. I've pulled muscles and torn rib cartiledge just from coughing before, and then it hurts to even breathe. Thanks for the warning about the Nyquil. I only take it a couple times a week when I'm sick. And sometimes, if I don't remember to take it until later in the evening, I just take one of the capsules rather than two.

Karen3 - Sending you prayers and positive energy.

Annie - Bummer about the smaller checks. I haven't looked at mine too closely to see if the taxes increased. All I know is I'm getting more than in 2012, but that's probably because I took the ex off my insurance.

If I can, I'll check in later to see what's up with the rest of you chicks.

Much love and many hugs to all,
Old 01-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #116  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - You snuck in on me. Bummer that your DH is having palpitations again and that his snoring kept you awake. So are you updating the website in addition to taking pictures for it? That's cool! I hope your work day goes well and isn't too boring. As for walking Santa versus the dog park, I still have to keep him in sight when he's at the dog park, so I end up walking at least a mile while we're there; but he has more fun and that's what matters. I'll get over this chest tightness eventually. Thanks for the good thoughts.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #117  

Morning all. TGIF!!

Michelle - Well, I'm glad you got your sleep, but now to get your lungs feeling good again! Good luck with the doctor today. Too bad the rain cut short your walk with Santa. Coal doesn't really mind the rain - he's always up for taking a walk - but at a certain point, it's like his fur gets wetter than he'd like and he'll start rolling around on someone's lawn like he's trying to dry himself off!! Too funny, cuz the lawn is of course as wet or wetter than he is. Yup, we used to go to a very large dog park and we did a lot of walking there just to keep within sight distance of Coal. Not like you can just plop down on a bench and let him roam around by himself. As it was, he used to tick off people (and dogs) with his tennis ball stealing ways, haha.

Shad??? You out there?? Must have been a busy week for you, since you've made yourself scarce. Or maybe you're on FB, where I haven't been for a while now. Are you weekending in Darwin or going home? Enjoy your weekend.

Happy - Sorry you got shorted on your sleep. The slow biz at the shop will be both a blessing and a curse - you won't be run off your feet, but as you said, the time just drags and drags. Ick, the weather sounds like it's leaving an icy mess behind. Too bad about not having sufficient snow for the winter sporting events scheduled up there. The businesses up there must be suffering something awful! I was thinking about your trip to Duluth the other day and how it was probably nice to be able to go to a restaurant of your choice instead of settling for the limited number that remain open year-round in your area. That's an adjustment, I'm sure. But if it forces you to make more healthy, homemade meals, that's a good thing. Sorry dh's palps came back. Re the ab circuit abuse, given that the circuit has a red light-green light setup that allows 60 seconds (I believe) at each circuit and 60 seconds in between stations for setup, staying on a machine for even the time it takes to do, say, 3 sets with short rests in between would be a violation of the circuit. Anyway, I told bf about it and he said that many of the same machines are on the floor of the non-circuit area where all the other strength machines are. I'm happy about that because I'm not a fan of all the machines in that ab area and prefer to pick and choose.

Too bad your library doesn't have a good selection re tv series and music. I've never really checked out any music cd's at our library. I might have tried it recently when I was finally forced to deal with the replacement of a favorite Christmas album of mine. First off, it was a cassette tape. I admit we do have a cassette player in our car (along with a cd player) and we also have a mini boom box in the house that plays cassettes, and we might even still have my old time portable cassette player/recorder lurking somewhere in the basement, but let's face it, cassettes have gone the way of the 8-tracks. And so it was my intention for many years to compile a cd or mp3 of all the tracks on that album - same artist & version - hopefully using the library's cd collection. This year, it became imperative - the bin with my Christmas music also had candles in it. A set of 3 candles was unfortunately on it's side in the bin and the heat of the attic melted them and the wax leaked onto this cassette. Oops. Long story short, I checked the internet, found the same album (it's actual title is "Christmas Album", originally released by Columbia) was available on half dot com in CD format and it arrived in the mail yesterday for a grand total of $3.74, including shipping, lol. No need to scour the library's music collection (or itunes) to compile it manually, thank goodness.

Mel - Hope you get to keep the loaner chair until your new chair is delivered. I agree with the other gals - put yourself first before helping out the tenants with physical tasks that have become difficult for you. Especially when those people have others who can help them!! You'd be welcome by us anytime, but I'm sure you'd find the floor space rather inadequate. In our living room, Coal owns a rather large area dead center in the room in which he, his bed, and his giant comforter live. Not even a lot of room for us to get down on the floor and do some crunches... Yeh, I bet Shad is thinking, enough with the Christmas emoticons!! Maybe that's why she's been so scarce around here, LOL.

====
Nothing much to report. By late afternoon yesterday, the fatigue that hits me when my muscles are sore came full-on and I was happy to head home. Bf had ribs in the oven, but we had to wait quite a while to eat because he didn't get them started early enough. I'm surprised I managed to stay awake! But it was worth it - yum.

Nothing planned tonight. Tomorrow afternoon is the 80th bday party for bf's aunt, and tomorrow night we're getting together with friends for dinner and bowling.

Okay, getting this posted before I'm interrupted again. Have a good weekend everyone!!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #118  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

TGIF...I think this 5 day work week was about 15 days long. After having short weeks the past two, this has been a real struggle to make it through the week. Plus the fact I don't want to be here. I'd rather stay home with Sassy Sue Q and play all day. Just send me the check.

So Miss Sassy is in the dog house. (cage) She got up, went out and went potty, came back in. I got out of the shower and there was a hard turd right in the middle of my bed. Thank God I make the bed right when I get up so only had to wash the quilt. What is she thinking? Really?

Going to list dad's house in the next few weeks. In '03 he could of gotten about 75-80K out of it, now he will be doing good to get 40K out of it. Terrible economy and declining neighborhood. I have started the ball rolling on the toitie, gonna paint "his" room and "his" bathroom before we move him in. Get some rails for the tub and his bed.

HAPPY...Curtis and DH must of went to the same school as he plays that same hit list at night also. I think our mess of rain we had last night must be moving north your way. We had over an inch of rain last night. Weatherman said it would of been 10-12" of snow had it been cold enough. Most of the ugly black snow is gone now, thanks to the rain. Today's and tomorrow's high is 60...yah...then Sunday 40 and 30's the rest of the week. Forgot to tell you I have access to a popcorn machine. Probably will own it once we move from this site. There is not storage. So no need to buy one for the commune..lol

LAURA...you go girl on the the gym. Glad you got yourself motivated. We can join the gym at the new place for 50 bucks a YEAR per associate. Pretty cheap. I may do that. I talk a big story anyway.

CHELLE...hope you get to breathing better. That must suck. My brother sat on my head once when I was little and just about suffocated me, may feel similar to not getting air like you.

MELLIE...love the skating frog. Too cute. I try to close my eyes and envision Sven bringing me umbrella drinks and massaging my body. lol I need something to brighten up my thoughts...

CEEG...good for you on not taking crap from people. Once you let them they will continue till you put a stop to it. Must I come whack some people for you with the rolling pin?

Hey SHADDIE, come up for air!

HI ELLEN!

Hey to the rest of you lurkers!

Loves and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #119  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good afternoon ladies -

Heaven help me...I am so tired. I wish I could just take a nap. I can only breathe shallowly, so I get tired so dang easily. I sometimes feel dizzy and I can't concentrate at all. I just have to make it (or fake it) through the next 3 hours and then I get to go to the doctor. I know my asthma and lungs will have an easier time of it when I'm not carrying all this extra weight. The Catch-22 is that I don't have the energy or lung capacity to exercise. I am doing good with eating, so that's positive.

Hopefully the doc will give me a nebulizer breathing treatment while I'm there. After the doc appointment, I'll pick up Santa, take him to the dog park if it's not too cold, and then get any prescriptions the doc calls in.

=====================
Laura - I love your funny stories about Coal...the rolling on a wet lawn to dry off, and his reputation as a notorious tennis ball thief! Before we got Santa, we used to have dogs that we could let run freely at the dog park. But Santa loves everyone, and I've caught him trying to follow other dogs and their owners out the exit gate; therefore, I keep a close eye on him. Your dinner of ribs sound yummy!

Mel - You're welcome at my place anytime. I've got lots of floor space (well, I'd have to move the plethora of unpacked boxes). Or better yet, wait until I move to sunny, warm CA and you can become a snowbird and live with me and Santa for the winter!

Annie - I totally agree that this week was the longest ever! Bummer about Sassy's accident in the middle of the bed. Santa's cues are subtle...and there have been times when I've brought him in before he was completely "done". But I'm learning his cues. Of course sometimes, he just doesn't want to be out if it's raining or really cold/snowy. If I weren't moving to CA, I might try and litter box train him. You're having highs of 60 tomorrow? How wonderful!!! I'm thrilled with our predicted high in the mid 40s and then back to the 20s and 30s on Sunday and into next week. $50 a year for the gym is pretty darn cheap. You should sign up...and then go. I'm still paying for my Y membership. If I ever get my DVD player and/or Wii Fit set up at my new place, I may cancel the Y membership. I don't know if my trouble breathing is similar to your brother sitting on your head; but just picture Laura's dog Coal laying across your chest/stomach and trying to breath deeply. That's what it feels like. A few weeks ago it felt like an elephant was on my chest, now it just feels like a BIG dog.

Shad - Are you spending the weekend in Darwin? I hope you're having fun and not busy with work.

Gotta get back to work. 2 hours 40 minutes (not that I'm counting....oh heck, of course I'm counting. It's Friday!)

Love and hugs to all,
Old 01-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #120  

Annie - Sassy better watch out - unless it's in the toitie, doing biz in the house is NOT okay, especially in bed!!! But it was raining pretty good last night - I can see how she probably didn't want to be out in the wet yard for long!! With these mild temps, I hope the rest of your snow melts away this weekend. Yeh, this week was loooooong. And there's still about a half day to go! Wow, $50/year for the gym, such a deal!!! Have to say though, that I really didn't like working out at lunchtime. I paid a 1-time $75 fee to use the fitness center in our building - that would have been a great deal if I actually used it, hah. Hopefully you get more for your dad's place than you think you will....

Michelle - Hope the 3 hours go fast - it's pretty much torture to do anything when you're that sick and tired (except sleep!). Wow, if Santa's trying to go home with other dogs, that's definitely another reason to keep up with him in the park. I remember our dog park had a two gate system to make sure people had their dogs leashed before leaving, and to prevent escapees. Does yours have that??

Speaking of a big dog laying on your chest - have any of you seen the Iams commercial with the giant Irish Wolfhound welcoming home his soldier mom? So sweet! I'm putting the link in in case you haven't see it.

http://www.andrew-robinson-online.co...-welcome-home/