View Poll Results: What Do You Try To Limit The Most When You're On Plan?
Fat 1 11.11%
Calories 1 11.11%
Carbs 2 22.22%
Sodium 0 0%
1 Or More Of The Above 4 44.44%
None......I Try To Eat Some Of All Of The Above 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 07:56 PM   #16  
THINKING THIN!!!!

TGIF!!! TGIF!!!!!

Hope everyone is ready for the weekend, I AM!!! It will be in the 70's tomorrow, plan on planting some spring flowers.

Jeanne...Thanks for the info on the tortillas. I have been wondering what a cobb salad was and I found out today.LOL I wanted to ask you the other day but didn't want to be DUMB.

Gayle...Please be careful, so glad you didn't break anything. Wouldn't want you to have a coffee-break! Sorry, couldn't resist!

Sherry....Please get some rest this weekend. How about a
Sherry weekend, where you only do what Sherry wants to!! Sounds like a dream huh!

Jeanne...Have fun on your camping trip and try to stay OP. I know when you are away from home it's hard to do but not impossible. I know you can do it!! !! BTW...WTG!! on the 1 pound lost~

Ramona....Hope your hand is better. Does your business slow down in the warm weather? How is the boys?

Titan Dee.....Hope you found out some info on that website. I would love to win some free meals but my luck it would be at Baskin Robins or something...LOL

Shelley....I bet the weather is perfect there. I would love to live close to the ocean where I could drive there for the day. I hope things get better you you soon.

Dee....James will be off work until the first of May. He goes back to the doctor next week, so I'll find out then for sure. There would be no steak on the table now if I hadn't purchased them on sale and put them in the freezer. James is even feeling like cooking for me on the grill on his good days. I missed my cook!

Carol.....Hope you had a good OP day. I know you can do this, I believe in you!!! Keep in touch!!

Got to run, Star Search is coming on!!

Love ya....Everyone have a great weekend!!

Hugs...Deb
Old 04-12-2003, 12:10 AM   #17  
Losing it!

Cute Spring flowers that you planted Deb!!! Cute one about the coffee break too!!! Let's just say that Steve has had more chuckles and tells anyone that will listen about this whole mishap!! Leave it to the "Klutz". My mouth still hurts like heck. My teeth feel tight, but its really sore when I push on them.

Jeanne: ENJOY THE CAMPING TRIP!!! Did you meet all of these people on an internet camping site?

Sher: SUPER, SUPER, SUPER!!! See, you passed up the cupcake!! Don't you feel good!

Ramona: Hey Sister Klutz, when do you find out about your hand? Are you still taking all of the meds?

Carol: {{HUGS}}

Jennelle, Vickster, Doni & Lisa: Please check in!

HAVE A GREAT OP WEEKEND!!!!!
Old 04-12-2003, 07:49 AM   #18  

Where would I buy a pumice stone for cleaning??? Gayle, weren't you the one that suggested it for rust? Walmart would be the easiest, I just don't know where to look.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:11 AM   #19  

Shelley, our Wal-mart has them in the outdoors section where all the bbq grills are. In fact they should be displayed with the grills since they are great to use on them.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:23 AM   #20  

For all you gals on Atkins, did you hear that Dr. Atkins is on life support? He slipped on some ice and hit his head and has been in a coma ever since.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:19 AM   #21  

Good Mornin'

Sorry I didn't finish posting to everyone last night.I ended up watching the movie "Homeless To Harvard." Then I went to sleep! On a Friday night at 10:00!!!!!!!!!!

Carol......Did you read my post to you??????

Gayle......I'm so sorry about your fall!!! I'm glad you aren't hurt worse!!I guess you can't kiss Steve now can you? LOL! You sound like me though....I fell in the tub the other night and have a huge bruise on my leg.Wayne came running when he heard the noise.I guess it sounded like an earth quake when I fell!!! Be careful and take care of yourself!!!

Ramona.........How's your hand? Do you have a yeast infection now from the medications? I ALWAYS end up with one!!! Take care of yourself too sweetie!! How's the boys????

Debbie.........Did you enjoy keeping the grandkids last night? I bet they had a great time at meme's house!! Tell James I said hi!!! Are you ready for him to go back to work now???? Is he driving you crazy yet?????? LOL! I'm so proud of you for still being OP!!!! You go girl!! If we continue to lose....We'll deserve to have all that sand in our cracks!!!

Jeanne.........I hope you're having a great time on your camping trip!!!! I miss you already!! We LOVE to camp!!!!! Post as soon as you get back!!!!!

Shelley..........You aren't going to be back totally OP until you lose some of the stress you're under.We have money problems ALL the time and live pay check to paycheck! I finally thought.."Screw this!" If I worried about it all the time, I would end up in a mental hospital somewhere! As hard as it sounds, Please don't let it get the best of you. Can you share the tire story now?

Doni.......Where are you? I miss you when you don't post!! Are you ok???

Vicki......Did you get too busy for us??? Please always remember your friends here and post soon.Miss you!!!

Lisa.......I really miss you too!!!!! Where did you go????

Titan Dee.......Let me know when you come to Nashville! I'll take a day off work if I need to.We can meet someplace...ok?

Dee.......Please don't let all the company you're having ware you out! Please take care of yourself. I know you enjoy them and have fun but also take care of Dee!!!! Also, I want to thank you for saying sweet things about my welcome signs.It makes me happy that you enjoy them.I'll continue to make them and make you smile!!

Jennelle...... I have been meaning to ask you something.Did they take the spankings out of your School system too? I really don't know how the Schools will be by the time I have grandkids! It's kinda of scary! It makes me so upset when I hear stories from Debbie on how those middle-kids act & curse the teachers.What makes it worse is that nothing is done!! I'm so glad that I'm in a calm Elementary School!!!!!

No rest for me today!! We're doing yard work and tomorrow is washing & cleaning day!! My body never stops! Why don't I weigh 100 lbs!!!!!????????

Have a great OP day!!!

I love you all..........
Sherry

P.S. Shelley.....They DO have pumice stones at good 'ole WALMART!!

** I'm so sorry to hear about Dr.Atkins. So sad.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:37 PM   #22  

I found the pumice stone in the foot care department. I can't believe how well it works on lime and rust!! I spent about 4 hours cleaning out the shower. I had bought that CLR stuff, but the pumice stone really did the trick along with a lot of elbow grease!!
Old 04-13-2003, 12:45 AM   #23  
Losing it!

Hi Group!!!!

Shelley: Sorry I didn't check in until tonight, but it sounds llike a few of the others got you lined out. You might have a different stone that what one would usually use for cleaning. Did it come in a box and it looks just like a gray, stoney stick of butter? I have what your talking about too, I think...it has a handle? This pumice is not near as good at getting the "gunk" as the plain ol' one. The stone works great if you have hard water and rusty toilet spots. Dump some clorox in the bowl, stick on a pair of gloves on and start scrubbing! You will have a "new" toilet in no time!

Sorry I didn't check in today. This was prom day, so I was busy doing hair and makeup. I also fixed the meal for Liz and her date tonight. Chicken tenders, real mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, rolls and a super rich caramel, heath bar cake!!! GUESS WHAT???? I did not lick one spoon or one single finger!!!! I was ok with the entire meal up to "creating" the cake! I wanted to eat a heath bar so bad..... but no, I resisted!!! At least for today!
Old 04-13-2003, 08:02 AM   #24  

Gayle-Actually it is just as you described. It was only $2.00. I have already used it half way up!! I will try the chlorox in my daughter's toilet because that one is real bad!! Good job on resisting temptation!!
Old 04-13-2003, 03:00 PM   #25  
Losing it!

WHEW!!! Shelley, I could just picture you scrubbing away with a tiny, personal size pumice for your feet!!!
Old 04-13-2003, 04:32 PM   #26  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sherry - no, paddling is still used in our schools but it TOTALLY doesn't work! The kids much prefer a paddling (short and sweet) over REAL consequences like afterschool detention or cleaning the classroom for a week after throwing spitballs. I also think all the paddling is making them think that violence is the answer to everything. I have kids that fly out of their desks really to beat the holy living s**t out of someone who accidently steps on their toe or knocks their pencil off their desk.

I'm really torn about paddling. I grew up in California, where paddling is against state law, so I never experienced it. Still, my school was under control without paddling, so I know there are other, better ways to discipline. Here, it seems to be the ONLY way kids are disciplined....trust me, I am totally NOT against spanking, but it just doesn't work when it's the only method of discipline and the kids aren't taught WHY their behavior is wrong.

Boy, I'd better step down off my
Old 04-13-2003, 07:15 PM   #27  

Jennelle-Paddling is not allowed in our school system, either. However, my principal will call a parent and have them come in and either spank or do whatever to them at school!! I hate hearing it through the door. I guess I am a whimp. I personally don't believe in it.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:18 PM   #28  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Evening Girls...

Hope everyone had a great OP weekend!! I've worked so hard in the yard this weekend, I need to go back to school to rest...LOL. That's a strange thought!
I really have had a rude awakening these last few weeks. Guess I never realized how much work I didn't have to do. James has always taken care of everything outside, a lot of the cooking and even helped me with the inside of the house too. I didn't say all this to be whining, guess I didn't know how good I've had it.

News flash......Today is 21 days I've been OP!! WOW!!!
I'm even excited about weighing in the morning. How often do you hear someone say that...LOL.

Got to run, still need to iron my clothes for tomorrow and take my shower.

Love you guys...debbie
Old 04-13-2003, 09:22 PM   #29  

Howdy

I am so tired & sore!!! We spent all day yesterday doing yard work and today I cleaned house & did laundry all day. Where does the weekends go???!! I spend mine CLEANING!!

Gayle,
How did the prom go? Did Liz have a good time? What did she wear? I remember my High School Senior Prom like it was yesterday!

Going to get things ready for tomorrow.I'll talk to ya'll tomorrow.Hope everyone had a great OP weekend!

Where is Vicki.......Doni........Carol...............& Lisa???????? I sure miss them!!!!!!!

** Today is day 28 OP for me!!!!

Hugs......

Last edited by Sherry; 04-13-2003 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:09 PM   #30  

I just talked to Debbie and we both feel that there are too many posts going on and trying to keep up with them all! So starting after Easter there will be:

*Our Regular Thread

*Walking/Exercise Thread

*A Challenge Thread- Here we will post our daily foods, post a challenge (ex:Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July etc.) And post our weekly weigh-Ins

The "Sticky" post will stay up for "BIOS"- The Floozie "TRIP"- and "B/Days" only

Is this ok with everyone? Suggestions??

Thanks!

Last edited by Sherry; 04-13-2003 at 10:14 PM.
Closed Thread