Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies, #73

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Don't forget to go back to thread #72 to catch up!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #2  

Cheryl thanks for starting a new thread for us Floozies! You are just soooo sweet.

Now that we have a new thread I can't remember what was just posted on the old one! What a poor excuse.

Shelley I hope that being a day care directer is a better job for you. I am glad that Mike was able to get more money from his company. I hope that he gets a job that will pay well and that he will enjoy.

Gayle thanks for the update on your little owl. He is pretty lucky. I hope you do well at the Garage Sale. I use to have one every year and now I just donate the stuff every month.
Our arbor went up wonderfully. Larry had made it for me a few years ago out of lattic, I just decided to move it and makeit higher. I grow purple clematis on it.

We had some sad news today. A friend of mind past away last night. My tea time girlfriend's husband has been treated for cancer this last year. He was in remission for awhile but on his last check up a month ago they said it came back. He didn't even feel sick. I am not sure what happened last night. All I know so far is that he was rushed to the hospital yesterday morning and passed away last night.

I want to phone my mom and dad now and let them know what happenned. They went to Dominican with them a few years ago.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:51 AM   #3  

Dee-Prayers being sent your way. I'm so sorry about your friend.

The daycare director job is a done deal, but it is in addition to what I already do. The desk is on the other side of mine. So at 3:00, I'll just switch to that desk and start from there. The pay is awesome though, and will be worth the extra hours. I'll get an extra $100. per week for working 6 hrs. With a kid in college, we are going to need it! I'm kind of excited. I am just bummed that it will take away from my running time.

Gayle-Good luck on your garage sale. Hope you get rid of a lot of things and make a ton of moulah!!

Suzy-Have you heard from Travis again, yet?

Carol-I know you're lurking! Just check in and say hi to us!

Cheryl-Thanks for starting the new thread and taking care of us. You are doing a great job.

Janice-I still think you are doing great on your weight loss!

Sherry-Come back soon.

Doni????????? Debbie??????? Ramona!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #4  

Shelley I didn't realize that this daycare director job was in addition to your other job. I hope your kids realize how much their mom gives them. They better treat you right this Mother's Day or I will have to come down there and have a little chat on how to treat Mom like a Princess......lol

Gayle I wish I could come and snoop this weekend at your yard sale. I bet I would be the biggest buyer. I love yard sales. Good luck.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #5  

Gayle I was just reading a message from our mayor and he was talking about Kansas City. Apparantly Kansas City is our new economic partner. It is a unique arrangement to create jobs and opportunity by jointly marketing the two cities with similar economies. Isn't that cool partner!
Old 05-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #6  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Dee ~ I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Shelley ~ I talk to Travis almost daily either by phone or computer now that he is back in the states. They just got on a waiting list for NCO housing. It is so much nicer than the townhouse they have now. Hopefully they will be able to get moved and settled into the new place before he has to go back to Iraq this fall.

I spent the day mowing lawns today. I guess it's a good thing I got them all done...the weatherman says were in for about a week of rain. We need it though...it's been a really dry spring here.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:38 AM   #7  

Did any of you watch Dateline last night? The setting was here in Ft. Myers. It was about the online sexual predators. I missed most of it because I was watching AI (what a bummer about Chris being voted out!)
Old 05-11-2006, 08:34 AM   #8  
Losing it!

So sorry to hear about your friend Dee. We just never know do we? We really should live life to the fullest, except it is so hard to do when the responsibilities of daily life play into it.
So we're partners now, huh? COOL! KC is about 5 hours away from here and a LARGE city compared to our little town. We will be going to KC in July to see Sylvia Browne.

Shelley, I liked Chris too... something about the girl, can't figure it out, but I really don't think I care for her. And Tyler (grey haired dude) is really nice, sings good, but he seems kinda goofy. He drives me nuts the way he moves up on stage. So, at this point, I guess my vote is for Elliot. Really, by this time I have a standout favorite, but none of them are appealing to me. I liked the girl with one name (can't remember it) they kicked her off already several weeks ago.

Suzy, I didn't realize Travis would be going back. Treasure every second you have with him. Isn't it a blessing to have internet access? Think of years ago when the only contact made had to be via mail.

Well off to work I go! Then on to rummage sale marking! I told Steve it is way more work then what it is worth!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #9  

Suzy I bet you burned off the next few days calories. lol You are such a hard worker. Are you maintaining your weight? I have been fluctuating up a bit. That is why I started to go to the gym every morning this week. Now my back has gotten really bad again. I don't know if it is from the TOM or from the gym. I am not sure if I am going to go this morning. Usually I leave at 10:00 but not this morning. I am still sitting in my pj's at 10:00.

Shelley I didn't watch Dateline. There are a lot of sick people out there. What did you do aboutthat magazine or package that was sent to one of your girls? I don't even remember the specifics of it.

Gayle do you have anything special to spend the money on from the yard sale? It is a lot of work that is why I give my stuff away. I hope that you do well.
You have one thing right..........every day living gets in the way of living today as your last day. Hmmm, today I would love to be on a small Figii Island having a few drinks with my Floozie friends. Now that would ba a heck of a lot more exciting that what I have planned for today. Who would love to meet up with me?

I don't know who Sylvia Browne is. Is she a singer?

I just bought tickerts to Cirque Du Soliel. It is such an awesome show. Larry and I have seen four of the shows. This one is a traveling circus that will be in Canada and in the states. We are lucky that it is coming to our city because our city is pretty small. They aren't performing here til August. I bought the tickets for Larry's birthday. The show is only a couple of days after his big day. Here is the link if any of you want to check it out.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/Cirque...um/Default.htm

Time to get out of my pj's and start the day.

Love you all.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:17 AM   #10  

Hey y'all!

When I was out walking and collecting cans from the side of the road the other day a couple pulled over and asked me if I would like to come by their house and pick up the cans their son was saving but gave up on. I told them I would, but I needed to go home and get some more bags to put them in. The wife said they were already bagged, but the husband said the bags were falling apart.

Anyway, to make a long story short--they gave me SEVEN big orange leaf bags full of cans!!!!!

I sold all of them but two bags the other day and I got $17.50 for them! To me that's incredible. That's money that those people just "threw away!" It made me happy

Next Monday, which is my day off, I plan to take the other bags plus several of the bags I've collected while walking to get some more $$$$$. Guess it "pays" to recycle those cans!
Old 05-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #11  

Cheryl hey that is money in your pocket that you didn't have. It bothers me to throw anything in the garbage that I can recycle.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:09 PM   #12  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Shelley ~ I missed Dateline because I was watching AI too. I still can't believe that Chris is off the show...he has been my favorite since the beginning! I really think that something needs to be done with the AI voting system...

Gayle ~ Travis' unit is deployed for 6 months and then home for 6 months. Right now they are waiting for reservists to come in and they will spend the next 6 months training and getting them ready to go to Iraq.

I agree, getting ready for and having a yard sale is much more work than what it is worth! Most of my old things go straight to Goodwill. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will have good weather this weekend and will make a bundle!

I didn't realize that Sylvia Browne toured. I've only ever seen her on the Montel show. Dee, she is a psychic...a pretty fascinating woman.

Dee ~ I sure can tell that I did something yesterday...I am so sore today! I think it's from running the weedeater...we got a new gas powered one and it weighs a ton! I guess it's a good workout for the arms though!
I am actually down about a half pound, so maybe these last few pounds really are going to come off, but I'm not stressing about it as long as I'm not gaining.

I've never had the chance to see Cirque Du Soliel, but it looks like a wonderful show! It will make a great birthday present for Larry! Will it be a surprise or did you tell him about it?

What time is the flight to Fiji? I sure am up for drinks on the beach with you all...wouldn't that be so much fun?!

Cheryl ~ You are really making out great! It's like you are getting paid to exercise and you're keeping the roadside clean too. Way to go!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:01 AM   #13  
Janice

Okay Dee - I'm all for Fiji, wouldn't that be fun. I would love to meet everyone in person. I feel like I know you better than many people I see each day.
Gayle - You will love the Sylvia Browne show. I have been to see her in person twice. Audience members get tickets that are drawn to ask her questions. It is amazing. You will come away from her show feeling good.
I have stayed on program all week, so I hope it shows on the scale. The WW leader told me last week I was losing too fast and to expect weeks with little or now weight loss while my body adjusts.
Gayle - Good luck with your rummage sale. I love to go to garage sales. I have to work this weekend so sometimes I go out looking for them on my lunch hour.
Dee- I know how you feel. I am sure feeling my body these days. I have been stripping four layers of tiles off the kitchen, hall and bathroom and laying new tiles. I am finished the bathroom and hall and just starting the kitchen. My body hurts. My butt muscles ache, my leg muscle ache, I am one hurting floozie.
Hello lurkers!
Old 05-13-2006, 11:49 PM   #14  
Losing it!

HAPPY, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MY MOMMY FRIENDS!

A MOTHER...

When you're a child she walks before you,
To set an example.

When you're a teenager she walks behind you
To be there should you need her.

When you're an adult she walks beside you
So that as two friends you can enjoy life together..

~Author Unknown~
Old 05-14-2006, 05:45 AM   #15  

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MY FLOOZIE FRIENDS!!!
Closed Thread