Old 08-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #241  

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies! I had a busy day yesterday. Found DD1's running shoes in her room and had to run them up to the school for her cross counrty meet after school. Then took DD3 on a nature walk thru a nearby woods. We grabbed a quick lunch, then a trip to the grocery store. We came hoe put everything away. I got to sit down for 15min, to look up directions to the cross country meet. Made meatloaf so it would be ready wehn we came home.

DD2 came home and we headed off the the meet. While there I got a text from my boss...I had totally forgotten I was supposed to work. DH was meeting us at the meet, so I was able to make it in to work...only an hour and 15 mins late.

Nothing big on the agenda today...just need to balance the check book. and make dinner.

Have a great day everyone!! luv and hugs!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #242  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Morning Chicks.
The Seniors Had Great Weather For The The Ones I Ran Into This Morning Said They Had A Great Time.

Hold On Phone.

Gotta Go The Boss Has A Big Problem.
Geez I'm Not Even Dressed Yet.
See Ya Later
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Hmmm what could be a big problem this early in the morning! Broken water line!!!????

Ellen
Sounds like you have yourself organized. Meatloaf sounds good. May make one this week end.

Keeping an eye on hurricane Issac. Nothing else going on.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #244  
Happy September

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST TOO BLOODY STUPID.
REMEMBER THE RETIREMENT COMMENT IN 3 YEARS???
WELL A WOMAN THOUGHT SHE COULD MAKE A POLITICAL MOVE.
AND WHILE DOING IT USED MY NAME. WRONG.
OH HONEY...DON'T F_CK WITH THE BIG GIRLS.
SHE'S ALREADY FEELING THE WRATH OF HURRICANE MELSIE.
I NEVER SAID A WORD TO HER ABOUT MY KNOWLEDGE BUT...
I STAGED A DRAMA JUST FOR HER.
GOT DRESSED AND WENT TO THE OFFICE.
I TOLD MY FRIEND I NEED TO SPEAK TO HER IN PRIVATE
WE WENT OUTSIDE AND WALKED FOR A BIT WHILE I FILLED HER IN.
WHEN WE CAME BACK THE OTHER ONE IS GOING NUTS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING.....AND WHY SO FAST.
LITTLE MISS GUILTY. SHE'LL BE STOMACH SICK BEFOR LUNCH TIME IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT.
SHE ACTUALLY THOUGHT SHE COULD BETTER HER POSITION AND HURT SOMEONE ELSE USING MY NAME. WTF!
SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE BIG GIRLS HANDBOOK!
SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO EVEN THINK SHE COULD PLAY THIS GAME.
SILLY WOMAN.
NOW SHE CAN PUT HER BIG GIRL PANTIES ON AND GO CRY IN THE FRASSING CORNER.
NO ONE PLAYS THIS GAME BETTER THAN I DO. I'VE HAD YEARS OF PRACTICE.
I SELDOM EVER USE THIS STRATEGY.....I HATE HURTING PEOPLE.
BUT THIS BROAD ASKED FOR IT. MORES THE PITY.

AS FOR ME..... I NEED TO LET THIS GO AND LOWER MY BP
NOTHING LIKE BS TO GET THE BLOOD & BODY MOVING FAST IN THE MORNING.
I AM DOING WASH WITH THIS ENERGY!! LOL
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

HAPPY.....LOVED THE PICS AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A DUTCH MILK MAID WHEN I SAW THE FLAMES. ROFLMAO
LOVED THE BIRD AND THE PIT. HOW WONDERFUL TO HAVE ALL THAT AND A GOOD DH TOO SENDING YOU BOTH LOTS OF LOVE. YPU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT THE SMALL CHANGE JAR. I HAD ONE AND SPENT IT ALL THIS SUMMER. I NEED TO DO THAT AGIN. I WON'T HAVE ANY BATTERY FUNDS AS I CALL IT THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE REMINDER..

ELLEN......YOU'RE SO BUSY LIKE I SAID BEFORE...YOU'RE LUCKY YOU KNOW YOUR OWN NAME OR WHERE YOU LIVE!! LOL
I HAD TO LAUGH ABOUT FOPRGETTING TO GO TO WORK. THANK GOD FOR TEXTING!!! LOLOLOL

SHAD.....SO GLAD YOU HAD ANDRE SERANADING YOU WITH SUCH WONDERFUL MUSIC. I MIGHT TRY THAT NEXT TIME THE LOO NEEDS CLEANING. EVEN THE DR LAUGHS WHEN I EVEN SAY I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING. MAYBE YOU TWO KNOW EACH OTHER?? WILL TELL RICHIE NEXT TIME TO GET THE SAMMIES FOR ALL OF US

CEEJAY....HOPE ISAAC IS GENTLE WITH YOU GUYS DOWN THERE. HE'S BEEN FEROCIOUS AT TIMES. WE'RE NOT GETTING ANY STORMS UNTOILL THE END OF THE WEEK. HE IS SHOVING A SYSTEM OF BAD WEATHER TOWARDS OUR AREA. BUT NOTHING SERIOUS.

LAURA....I REALLY DO LOVE DOC MARTIN. THAT ONE MOVIE WAS SO NICE BUT IT'S NOT LIKE THE SERIES. HE'S SUCH A SWEET MAN IN THE MOVIE I LOVE SELTZER WATER AND DRINK IT ALL THE TIME OR SPARKLING MINERAL WATER. THAT'
S HOW I GOT OFF REGULA SODA YEARS AGO.
I WONDER NOW WHEN THE NEWER DOC MARTINS WILL BE SHOING ON TV....DOWNTON ABBY ISN'T UNTIL JANUARY I THINK.

MICHELLE....TOO RIGHT ABOUT JUNK TV AND GETTING TOO EXCITED. I HATE REGULAR TV FOR THAT. NOT ONLY THE NEWS BUT ALL THE BLOOD & GUTS STUFF. TERRIBLE. GOOD ADVICE FOR CEEJAY AND ALL OF US

ANNIE...I AM VERY GLAD TO HEAR YOUR DB IS DOING SO WELL. STILL SENDING HEALING THOUGHTS HIS WAY. DINNER ALWAYS SOUNDS GOOD AT YOUR PLACE. HAPPY'S TOO. YOU GALS COULD RUN A RESTAURANT WITH ALL THE CREATIONS YOU MAKE.

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-29-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #245  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Last night they had a thank you picnic for the volunteers at the Natural History Museum. We went and had a really nice time. People here are so much nicer - there are some who stick together but many others will sit and talk to you and be friendly. DH was mentioned specifically for his contributions which was nice. When he first started he got a little frustrated but I told him that he was really doing something positive and to stick with it. The museum does nice stuff to recognize and thank the volunteers. They are having an art exhibit of local artists and I fell in love with a painting. (I really want to buy it). It's colorful autumn leaves. I love autumn Looked up the artist and it turns out she does alot of stuff I really like. I bought a refrigerator magnet of these gorgeous birch trees at the last craft show in town. (A compromise on the magnet as I really wanted an art print of these trees and DH feels we already have an overabundance of pictures and not enough wall space). Problem is, we have paintings that don't fit in up here, except oddly enough a set of landscapes we bought 20 years ago at a starving artist sale Oh well.

Today and tomorrow it's heating up outside - last push of summer I think. Most of the hummingbirds have flown down to Ceejay and the hurricane. It's too hot to do much outside so I'll focus on some laundry and I need to reoganize my freezers.

Mel - glad you nipped the problem with the lady in the bud and showed her that games WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. She should have known better than to mess with you. Some people are so dumb. Dutch milk maid Darn if you aren't right about that. Better sock those pennies away, can't have you running out of battery money. That would be like running out of gas

Ceejay - looks like you are going to get some big time rain in a few days. Hope this does not cause problems at the plant for you. And it's still hot down there - add lots of water makes for hot, buggy and muggy

Ellen - how neat that you find time in your busy day to take DD on a nature walk. You sure do run, run all day long. We will give you the award Funny that you forgot you were working.

Shad - I LOVE your Serenity Prayer. Could make good use of that down south Glad the outside project is near done, on with the next one. Good that you have a steady stream of work tho working on your own, never seems like you can take quite as much time as you'd like / need between contracts. Do we get photos of the new yard?

Guess I will wait on personals for the others to check in. I need to get moving before it gets too hot outside. Have a good humper day chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #246  

Morning all. Just a quick check in today. Had a status meeting re the "new" software (yes, dragging on an on), and at 1:30 is the auditor wrap-up meeting. Can't wait til that's over. I've been very fortunate that I haven't been sucked into much of that drama. The boss had drinks with them yesterday after work, so hopefully that smoothed the relations a bit and the meeting today goes well.

Feels like it should be Friday by now, sheesh.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #247  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Afternoon....was busy this morning getting my personal stuff done here at work...wink wink.

LAURA...bout time for you to come up for air when the auditor leaves. I agree about Friday as I have been thinking it was Thursday all day long. Bummer it is not as it would be a 3 day weekend due to Labor day Monday.

HAPPY...sounds like a nice time at the museum picnic. It is so nice that DH likes doing things with you. You two love birds!! We just got our burn ban cancelled so C and I are looking forward to fire pit nights. Your pix made me want a fire even more.

MELLIE...yeah you tell em girl and don't forget we chickies have your back. Do not mess with the worldlie girls. DB is sitting in the chair and walking a bit.

CEEG...hope Isaac doesn't bother you too much. We are supposed the feel the rath this weekend sometime. Blah

ELLEN...oops on missing work...too bad they missed you and found you....lol

SHADDIE...need to post some pix when get all your reconstruction done.

CHELLE....staying above water and decluttering?

Better get to work...I have goofed off enough for one day.

Loves and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #248  

Good afternoon all. The audit wrap-up meeting went fine, the auditors are gone, and the boss has already left for the day - she needed to de-stress after all that.

Annie - When's there ever time to do some of that personal stuff at home anyway? If I waited until I were outside office hours to make appts, etc. it would never happen because so many places don't have evening hours.

Happy - So nice the museum recognizes the efforts of its volunteers that way. So who's the artist you like? Nice firepit - yeh, you're right, the one flame looks like a preggo gal with a 60's flip hairdo. I suppose the head part could look like a dutch girl hat, but it doesn't go with the preggo belly. I started - and have sort of fallen off - dumping the change out of my wallet into a jar. It was more out of curiosity to see how quickly it would accumulate, but it's a good idea to use that for savings - retirement and whatever else. I'm putting away my money for retirement like a good girl, just seems like the necessary amount will grow more than the saved amount by the time I start to seriously contemplate retiring. Okay, maybe the Canon does a lot of the work in taking good photos, but you have obviously spent some time learning about the features that help it take those nice photos! Yes, I'm still in book club. Next gathering is end of Sept. The book is What Alice Forgot. What Laura forgot is the author's name. It's about a woman who wakes up on the gym floor thinking it is years earlier than it really is. I like amnesia stories, so it should be good. I take my current exercise classes at the Rec Plex in MP, part of the MP park district. I'm thinking of taking some classes through school distr. 214, at a facility near Golf & Goebbert in AH.

Mel - Well, that woman sure got your dander up this morning. I hope the BP is back to normal by now. Season 6 of Doc Martin is going to be filmed in spring of 2013 and aired in the fall of 2013. I actually liked the Doc Martin character in those movies, just different - certainly less extreme - than the tv series character. Glad the bbq went well.

Ceejay - Hope Isaac doesn't cause you much trouble.

Ellen - I think a work schedule that changed a lot would drive me nuts. Glad you didn't miss too much time that day.

Shad - Hope the music made the housework go by more pleasantly.

Hi Michelle!!
===
Nothing much to report. Tonight will be a spin class I guess. Not too excited about it at the moment. Just have to get into my clothes and get myself there. I didn't get sore the last couple times, so I think I'll step it up a bit this time. The classes really seem to go by quickly. For one thing, they're 45 min. (vs. an hour for most other classes), and for another, the warmups and cooldowns are pretty short. I'll be interested to see if the instructor marks off the wrong spot on my combo pass this time. So far it's happened twice. That was okay, with the fitness center closed for 10 days, the circuit classes were cancelled, so the spin classes were my preferred option. But circuit resumes Saturday, so I want to make sure that I do have one punch left on the group fitness section of the pass so I can take it without a lot of explanation.

TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #249  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Not much going on round here today. I am about to go do the grocery shopping and to Shad Heaven store (hardware megashop) and then work on the bathroom again. Tomorrow I will get back to the hole in the ground and put in some retaining boards, weed mat etc and then plan out where the pavers will go and the stones will fit in and around them. Still some trimming of roots to do as well, but it should all be done by this time next week - all things being equal and it doesn't rain. We haven't had rain for 40 days. What's the odds that it will rain over the weekend when I want to get on with the 'hole'?

Laura hope you manage to get the spin class and the circuit done. You really have been working hard on the exercise. Now if only you had taken Karate or Tai Kwon Do - you could with a flick of the wrist, turn the auditor out of the window.

Annie - I thought that the office was where you went to do your personal stuff do you mean that all these years I have been WRONG? All these years I thought the office was really the place where you went Off-Ice and got to be YOU? Devastated.

Happy - how nice that DH got mentioned in dispatches. He must have impressed. Maybe his reward will be more unpaid work. Pictures of my slice of heaven (and hard work) will be available when I finish, which should be next week. The big tapestry I bought while in Adelaide is of Autumn trees and a shady path.

Mel - Shame, someone thinking they could pull themselves up on your bootstraps. Go get 'em girl. There are ways and means of getting ahead but that's not one of them. She should be aware that the butt she kicks on the way up may well be the same arse she has to lick on the way down.
Keep calm and get on with the washing. Bet you could wring it dry by hand today!

Ceejay - obviously your mind is on the job. First thought for Mel's emergency is a burst water pipe. Hope you are feeling better today

Ellen - ha ha. Forgot to go to work. What a nice thought.

Better go get on with the shopping before the crowds get too big. Love to just be able to browse my way through the supermarket and shops.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #250  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
SO GLAD IT'S A NEW BRIGHT & SUNNY DAY HERE.
LETTING YESTERDAY DIE A NATURAL DEATH WAS HARD TO DO.
I SO MUCH WANTED TO THROW A TEMPER TANTRUM BEFORE IT WAS OVER.GOOD THING I DON'T HAVE THE FEAR OF LOSING A JOB HANGING OVER MY HEAD

JEN CAME DOWN LAST NIGHT. THIS POOR KID CANNOT GET A BREAK.
I THINK SHE'S GETTING ANOTHER KIDNEY STONE. SIGH.
WE'LL SEE HOW SHE FEELS TODAY.
THEY HAVE A LAST HURRAY BBQ SCHEDULED FOR 1/2 OF SA,SU, MO & TUES.
HOPE SHE CAN GO NAND NOT BE GETTING AN IV DRIP IN THE ER.

SAT OUTSIDE IN THE AFTERNOON WITH 2 OLD GENTS.
ONE WE'VE KNOWN FOR MANY YEARS IN OUR OLD ADDRESS.
I LISTENED TO THEM DISCUSS THE OLD DAYS.
GEORGE ASKED FOR MY CELL NUMBER.
SINCE HIS WIFE DIED HE'S BEEN FALLING A LOT.
NOW HE'S SCARED. TOLD HIM TO GET HIS SON TO PUT IT ON SPEED DIAL.
HE AND LUCY WERE LIKE THE GRANDPARENTS JEN NEVER HAD.

I AM OFF TO EAT BREAKFAST AND THEN TURN A WASHLOAD AROUND.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

HAPPY....I READ YOUR POST LAST NIGHT IN MY MAILBOX.
I FELT SO MUCH CALMER AND THEN WENT TO BED.
I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW HAPOPY I AM THAT YOU & DH HAVE FOUND NICER PEOPLE.
THEY ARE TRULY HARD TO COME BY LATELY.
HOPE THE DH SEES THAT THE THINGS HE DOES ARE REALLY APPRECIATED.
IT'S A GOOD FEELING INSIDE TO KNOW YOUR DID SOMETHING GOOD.
HUGS TO BOTH OF YOU FOR THE WORK YOU DID

LAURA....I HEAR YA ON FEELING LIKE IT'S FRIDAY ALREADY!!
I SO WISH IT WAS!!!!
HOPE THE END OF THE AUDIT & SOFTWARE GOES OK.
THE OFFICE DOES THE SAME WITH DRINKS HERE WHEN THEY COME.
I KEEP SAYING IF THEY BUY THEM ENOUGH WE'LL BE HOME FREE!!
YOU'RE REALLY DOING GREAT WITH THOSE EXERCISE CLASSES.
HOPE THE CARD GOT MARKED RIGHT THIS TIME.

ANNIE....THAT IS THE BEST NEWS AND THANKS FOR THE DB UPDATE.
SITTING UP IS A GOOD THING. SENDING HIM LOVE & GOOD THOUGHTS
HOPE YOU ARE HOLDING UP DURING THE STRAIN MISS WORYY WART!!

SHAD....WHILE YOU'RE DOING THE PAVERS THERE WILL PROBABLY BE A MONSOON!!
WHAT'S WITH THE 40 DAYS WITH NO RAIN. ANOTHER DROUGHT COMING TO PASS??
YES I COULD HAVE DR5IED THE CLOTHES BY HAND WRINGING THEIR NECKS...I MEAN THE MATERIAL
HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME IN THE HEAVENLY HARDWARE STORE.
HOW IS MISS SOPHIA DOING?? DID HER MOM SURVIVE YOUR VISIT?
INQUIRING MINDS HAVE LOTS OF QUESTIONS HERE. ROFLMAO
Old 08-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #251  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Chicklets....

Well wouldn't you know it...all that praying for rain is going to hit tomorrow afternoon and run clear through the holiday weekend. Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. Thank you hurricane Isaac. NOT. Now we are going from one end of the spectrum to the other. Drought, barely drought, almost normal, this weekend the news is telling us to be aware of flash flooding. Holy Cow. Hope my gardens hold up and don't drown out.

SHADDIE...I am jealous of all your yard work, wish I lived closer to you so I could help. I love hardware stores also. I sometimes go to Lowes or Menards and just walk around the place.

LAURA...Good for you and all the exercising. I just do not have the motivation to exercise and I know I feel better when its done. Thank God the auditors are gone. Relax a bit.

Hidee Ho to all the rest of the worldlies.

Loves and hugs.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
So glad that you defended yourself.

Hello's to every one else. I'm not awake yet. I was supposed to take my bff to pain management today but she's getting her step daughter to take her. Didn't want to be on the road in all this rain.

I've made up my mind that when I retire I'm going to live with my sister in Mo.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #253  
Annie - Indiana

Really Mellie....you Are My Sneaker Inner....hope You Have A Nice Holiday Weekend And Sending Jen Some Special Feel Better Hugs. I Have Had Kidney Stones Twice And Believe You, Me...it Is Worse Than Having A Baby. Xoxo
Old 08-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #254  
Annie - Indiana

Ceeg...now you are also a sneaker inner....glad you came to the decision to live with your sis in Missouri. It is a nice place...where at in Missouri?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #255  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning, my wonderful Worldly chicks!

Last night was rough...I had a fight with one of DH's sisters...thankfully, it wasn't about DMIL. Anyway, I said my piece. I'm sure she's pissed at me, but DH, DMIL and the other sisters support me and agree with my opinion and what I said. And I've decided that I can't let the animosity ruin my day/week or mood. I have so many wonderful things in my life to be grateful for and happy about. I'm going to focus on all my blessings.

Yesterday at work was crazy busy. And today will be busier, but I'm working on a fun project. I'm so looking forward to Labor Day weekend, even if it does mean decluttering. I'm getting my hair trimmed and colored (with a little more strawberry in the strawberry blonde) on Saturday.

=================
Happy - I love the new avatar! Such an adorable little birdie. Great photos of the firepit, and a cool one of the flames! You've got a gorgeous yard! So sorry to hear that Bambi has been coming to the yard alone. Good for you for taking care of it. As for the craft supplies, I'm either going to donate or sell them because I just don't see me getting to use them in the next couple years. Between work and all the other things I do, I just don't see where I'll have the time. My town's Farmer's Market is on Saturday mornings (which reminds me I should try and go this Saturday), and the gym classes are Monday - Friday days and evenings, and Saturday mornings. I'm so glad you had a nice time at the picnic! I find as a general rule, that people in Wisconsin are very friendly - way more friendly than in California. Today and tomorrow will be hot down here too, but then nice temps for the weekend.

Annie - I'm glad to hear your brother's doing better and recovering nicely! Do you and C have fun plans for the long weekend? Can't wait to see you next weekend!!

Shad - I like your serenity prayer better!! It reminds me of a saying I heard, "Friends help you move. Good friends help you move the dead bodies." Good advice to Ceejay about riding away the tummy troubles. It's an excellent stress reliever, better than any pill or meditation. I'm not sure I'd get much cleaning done to Blue Danube or Schwissingfer or Lagunawaltz. I prefer to clean to either rock music or heavy metal. I need a good fast beat to keep me moving. To each her own, I guess. We have a hardware megashop called Menards that you would just LOVE! DH likes to go once a week and I can't get him out in under an hour. I'd love to see photos of the tapestry you bought.

Ellen - With your crazy schedule, it's no wonder you forgot you had to work. I don't know what makes me more tired, reading about Shad's heavy digging and landscaping or you constant go-go-go schedule. Meatloaf does sound good. I think I'll make one this weekend. The grocery store has ground chuck on sale this week. Maybe I can also get DH to grill out. Yumm!

Mel - Seriously? Someone used your comment and your name to make a political move?! What a beotch! Good for you for setting things right and showing her that her BS is unacceptable. I hope your BP came down. Another kidney stone for Jen? That poor girl! I do hope she feels better soon. She's had such a rough summer.

Laura - Glad to hear the auditors are gone and all went well. Hard to believe that a week from Saturday, you, Annie and I (and maybe my friend) will be having a wonderful afternoon!! I can't wait!!

Ceejay - I hope Isaac behaves himself and doesn't cause too much trouble for you. Stay safe, sista.

Time to get started on my fun project. I promised I'd have it finished today.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote