Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #121  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post

starting friday, i have a whole week of having to be downtown to work by 7:30 a.m....which means i need to get up even earlier for the gym, like 5 a.m., work out 530-630, come home and shower and dress by 7 so i can get my coffee and be to work at 730...phew!! lol
You are so busy; you make me tired just reading about your day!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #122  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
What are you doing to try to keep your sugars up? That sux when your mind wants to do something and your body doesn't agree.
Last week, I went to do some weight lifting and didn't eat dinner. I had had plenty of food that particular day. But when I got off of the stairs to go lift, I became very symptomatic with hypoglycemia--shaky, nervous, a little diaphoretic, and had to sit down. I carry snacks with me, so I had an apple on the way home, which made me feel better. But I couldn't lift like that. I was a wobbly mess!!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #123  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Krystal; Pool Day, yay!! You deserve it. I think I am the same as you. I can maintain 147-148. I am concentrating getting rid of this flab. P ordered some new weights for me, and he is "writing" a lifting regime for me. I am looking good in dresses and shorts, but mid section needs still a ton of work....

I gave up my job 7/8 months ago and the honeymoon has worn off. I feel like I can only clean so much, hehe. I am seriously considering the dance teaching job or going back to school. I don't want to go back to my old field, because it usually requires so much travel, but teaching young adults ballet sounds like a fun option.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #124  
Fat to Fab and Fit

well...144 this am. I think my added elliptical workout is working TOM arrived as well, therefore I may see a pound or two drop within the next few days.

I was able to get cancellation appointment for dysport. So I did not have time to change my mind. It has been injected on my forehead and around the eyes....now we shall see if my face rots and falls off No workout today for me. I am kinda glad of a day break anyways.

100 F here today. I will be thinking of you Krystal today; all cool and
Old 06-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #125  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning back home from the gym this morning...my ankle is hurting a little, like achy, probably just too much impact from running...so very glad that i have NOTHING to do this evening after work...it's been a killer week

what's considered heavy lifting? does it have to be free weights or do machines count? i do NOT want to do free weights because i run the risk of rupturing discs in my back again.....right now i can pull down 70 pounds in an ab crunch and i can do 4 sets of 10, then come back later for 3 more sets of 10...i can push out 55 pounds in a sitting position, like with arms up and bent at an angle, i can do 3 sets of 10, then another 2 sets...is this considered heavy lifting? does the term just apply on a personal level, like what's hard for me compared to someone else?

im really enjoying the weight machines but i know that i wont be transitioning to free weights....i CANNOT rupture any more discs in my back, it would mean surgery for me
Old 06-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I don't care what I weigh at this point.
The questions are
"What do i look like naked?"
"Does 'that' jiggle when I walk?"
"How does that pair of Miss Me jeans make my derriere' look?"
"How does that top make the girls look in contrast to my waist?"
"Am I rockin this swimsuit or should I put my cover up back on?"

Muscle is going to weigh more than the adipose tissue surrounding my midline, so I may as well embrace the fact that I may never get to 130. I want to look muscular and fit, not like the princess barbie. And that means I have to accept that I will weigh more. I'm perfectly ok with that
This is exactly where I am at!
Love this.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #127  

I am just sitting here waiting for a plumber on a gorgeous hot day that I should spending be floating in the pool, and now that I see Krystal is floating in the pool I am really mad !!!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
good morning back home from the gym this morning...my ankle is hurting a little, like achy, probably just too much impact from running...so very glad that i have NOTHING to do this evening after work...it's been a killer week

what's considered heavy lifting? does it have to be free weights or do machines count? i do NOT want to do free weights because i run the risk of rupturing discs in my back again.....right now i can pull down 70 pounds in an ab crunch and i can do 4 sets of 10, then come back later for 3 more sets of 10...i can push out 55 pounds in a sitting position, like with arms up and bent at an angle, i can do 3 sets of 10, then another 2 sets...is this considered heavy lifting? does the term just apply on a personal level, like what's hard for me compared to someone else?

im really enjoying the weight machines but i know that i wont be transitioning to free weights....i CANNOT rupture any more discs in my back, it would mean surgery for me
Yes, heavy lifting means hard for you. Always trying to increase your weights when possible and lift at or just below your max.
I try to lift a weight that has me pretty exhausted and barely able to complete 8-10 reps, usually 10. Once I can get to 10 fairly easily, I up them on the next set or session.
There are some exercises that I don't do at my max for joint protection reasons, I don't want an injury either! I have finicky elbows and I am very careful with my right shoulder (old volleyball player here).
Old 06-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #129  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Is your pool broken Jo? Or just other plumbing issues?

You two are my heros. I wish I did not stare at that scale so much, but I am not ready to cut that addiction out yet.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #130  
Lifelong Alaskan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Yes, heavy lifting means hard for you. Always trying to increase your weights when possible and lift at or just below your max.
I try to lift a weight that has me pretty exhausted and barely able to complete 8-10 reps, usually 10. Once I can get to 10 fairly easily, I up them on the next set or session.
There are some exercises that I don't do at my max for joint protection reasons, I don't want an injury either! I have finicky elbows and I am very careful with my right shoulder (old volleyball player here).
i wonder if this is why my right shoulder has been bothering me from weight training....i played volleyball for years...loved it!

thanks for the explanation...that makes more sense now...sounds like i'm doing too many sets and need to increase the weight and only do maybe one set of 10 as hard as i can get it(?)
Old 06-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #131  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Alaskan - You are doing great keeping up with fitness while still maintaining your busy life Did the loss stick?

Kristiina - I think you have done and do an amazing job at this! You don't need a scale for validation when you KNOW you do well Addiction be gone!

Krystal - I am glad you got a pool day and a bit of R&R after working so much

Jo - Did the plumber show on time? Hope you didn't miss your whole day?

I know I have so been slacking on my posting here and I apologize for that. Catch up time: Schooling is going well, I scored the highest of all my student advisor's students for the first 3 wks Car broke down Saturday, so had to have it towed to dealer... got that fixed and now in hospital with Amber. I am actually sitting in her ICU room as we speak from her knee replacement surgery. I was managing to keep up with workouts and even put in a double workout before we came into hospital today... errr... yesterday (it's 2am now). I won't be able to workout again until she is out though, but that's ok... life has to be allowed to happen Have a super night all.... errr...morning, that is
Old 06-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #132  
Lifelong Alaskan!

the loss on the scale, down to 190, didnt' stick...i didnt expect it to...i always hit my lowest weight right after TOM and then it goes up again...as long as i keep weighing less each month after TOM than the previous month, than we're good lol...

it's been an insanely busy day..i got up at 5 a.m. and did my workout...it's raining BUCKETS today i worked straight through from 730 a.m. to 130 p.m. without a break or lunch...there was 54 kids at work today and very little staff...but i'm home now and going to clean up the house and take my friend to the store with me....i'm exhausted!!
Old 06-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #133  
~Krystal~

Work for me tonight.

Anyone doing anything fun for the 4th??
With temps hovering 104-110F, I think I'll be at the pool!

Summer is officially HERE
Old 06-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #134  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Alaskan - 54 kids with little staff is not a good combo but sure you all did great

Krystal - Hanging by the pool sounds good, hope you have fun. Here's hoping your work night goes smoothly!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #135  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I have decided to join "I am no slave of my scale club" once I hit 130 pounds. I have about 13 pounds worth flab; belly, arms and back. I think around 130 pounds I will feel confident enough to wear all clothes and even start thinking about wearing a bikini.

I am quite small built, therefore, still at 143 pounds, I look heavy set.

Today;

1) I do not like how I look naked
2) I would not wear a bikini -- I measure 35-36 inches around my belly button and that is all goo.

So 130 pounds sound like a good goal. -- Ideally I would like to see 120-125, but I promise, once that 130 hits, I will concentrate on strength and feeling muscular and fit. -- I am built like a princess tho with my small bones; but I do have wide hip bones

So I am going to work my hardest to shed another 13 pounds of fat. I am lifting and doing core, therefore I hope to feel confident enough then.

You gals are the best

Last edited by Sum38; 07-01-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Closed Thread