Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Woot! 143.5 pounds this am. I was at 146.5 yesterday
Old 06-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Wow, you called that didn't you? Congrats!

Are you having a grad party? I am sure you are very busy!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #33  
Fat to Fab and Fit

K does not want one I think I may do a kid party sometime in August. My kids are so different. Once C graduates next year, it will be a party of the century. K is shy and does not like attention like that.

I was thinking...I can't believe I am only 15+ pounds away from goal. -- I am actually feeling really good and I think I am looking pretty good too So each pound from now on is just icing on the cake. ~ Last 5 pounds made a HUGE difference. It is coming off my belly now, and I am able to fit into flattering looking things. I feel happy

Jo How is your son's arm healing? ETA; shoulder

Last edited by Sum38; 06-07-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #34  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning

ive been having a horrible stomach upset the last two days...i think i just picked up a bug at work...been running to the bathroom all yesterday n today...

am deciding to change up my workout a little bit...not sure yet quite what to do but my weight loss is going far too slow for my liking...today at the gym i had them show me some of the ab weight workout machines and so i did some of the ab crunch machine things and then got on the treadmill and ran a mile total but did it in intervals, about 2 miles total on the treadmill

when people talk about doing weights, are they talking about strictly lifting dumbbells? or do the machines with weights attached count as the same thing? i enjoyed the ab machines this morning but have absolutely zero interest in dumbbells

i was careful not to overdo it because i'm finding that, especially as my stamina has increased, i'm CAPABLE of doing something pretty hard or long...BUT my body doesn't like it and/or isn't ready for it...for example, i ran a mile and a half about 10 days ago and hurt so bad that i could hardly move for about 5 days however when i was doing it, i felt fine, no worse than a regular workout, and i used to run like that before i hurt my knee...my stamina was there, no problem...BUT my body didn't like it

so today i just did one mile in intervals...i could have totally done more, but i was too afraid of re-hurting myself...it wasn't an injury-hurt last week, just so incredibly stiff and sore that i didnt want to move

im finding that i like my early morning workouts...it's not too hard to get up and i like being up in the early mornings...this might be a really good summer routine

by the way, it's only 7:30 a.m. and i've already worked out, made coffee, let the dog out and put the garbage can on the street lol
Old 06-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #35  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:

This is AweSOME!!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #36  
~Krystal~

Ladies, I do apologize for my absence, but I have literally been so busy with work and VBS this week, it is UNREAL!
I get up at 0630 and sometimes haven't made it back home until after midnight!!

I had a dentist appt this afternoon for a broken portion of one of my back teeth. I've been having issues with this one tooth for like 4 yrs.
On June 18, I will have a crown put on it! I love my dentist! He and his staff are the BEST!! All the horror stories you typically hear from the dentist, I have never experienced at this office!

Still no weigh in for me. I've been eating 1700-2000 cals/day and lots of carbs--what's the point??

Last day of the kiddos tomorrow. It will be bittersweet! I have had such a great time this week, & I always feel like I have learned way more than they have, but I am EXHAUSTED!
Basically, because I have been going into work for 5 yr shifts afterwards!
It is what it is!

Hope you all are having a successful week
Old 06-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #37  
Fat to Fab and Fit

You need some R&R Krystal! --AND stay away from carbs! Maybe stepping on scale would help? It usually kicks my butt, and makes me want to undo the damage.

Maybe this will..... 142.5 this am for me.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #38  
Fat to Fab and Fit

OMG; I just realized...because I am actually 5'3.5" ~ not 5'3" as I thought originally, I have just entered into NORMAL BMI range. -- I want to cry! I was in obese category 2 years ago. -- I stopped weigh-in myself at 165-166, and I know I went over 170 pounds; my guess 171-173 range.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #39  

Quote:
OMG; I just realized...because I am actually 5'3.5" ~ not 5'3" as I thought originally, I have just entered into NORMAL BMI range. -- I want to cry! I was in obese category 2 years ago. -- I stopped weigh-in myself at 165-166, and I know I went over 170 pounds; my guess 171-173 range.
THIS is a reason to celebrate!

Woot Woot, I am so proud of you my little chickling. At least you are offering this thread a little excitement right now

Btw, I have to get to 159 to be normal. That isn't going to happen too soon since I am doing body recomp, not just scale loss. I will just live vicariously through you!

I didn't have a grad party either, my parents offered me a trip or a party, I took the trip

I will prob do something similar for my kids.

Oh, and DS just went back yesterday for his post op appt., got his stitches out. He is still in an immobilizer for 2 more weeks and then starts therapy. He feels great. He feels like he should be able to go out and shoot hoops, ride his bike and play summer ball

Last edited by jomatho; 06-08-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
good morning

ive been having a horrible stomach upset the last two days...i think i just picked up a bug at work...been running to the bathroom all yesterday n today...

am deciding to change up my workout a little bit...not sure yet quite what to do but my weight loss is going far too slow for my liking...today at the gym i had them show me some of the ab weight workout machines and so i did some of the ab crunch machine things and then got on the treadmill and ran a mile total but did it in intervals, about 2 miles total on the treadmill

when people talk about doing weights, are they talking about strictly lifting dumbbells? or do the machines with weights attached count as the same thing? i enjoyed the ab machines this morning but have absolutely zero interest in dumbbells

i was careful not to overdo it because i'm finding that, especially as my stamina has increased, i'm CAPABLE of doing something pretty hard or long...BUT my body doesn't like it and/or isn't ready for it...for example, i ran a mile and a half about 10 days ago and hurt so bad that i could hardly move for about 5 days however when i was doing it, i felt fine, no worse than a regular workout, and i used to run like that before i hurt my knee...my stamina was there, no problem...BUT my body didn't like it

so today i just did one mile in intervals...i could have totally done more, but i was too afraid of re-hurting myself...it wasn't an injury-hurt last week, just so incredibly stiff and sore that i didnt want to move

im finding that i like my early morning workouts...it's not too hard to get up and i like being up in the early mornings...this might be a really good summer routine

by the way, it's only 7:30 a.m. and i've already worked out, made coffee, let the dog out and put the garbage can on the street lol
You can do the machines. I think dumbells/barbells are more preferrable when really trying to grow muscles because you have to stabilize the dumbells and use more muscle to do so, but when just learning to do weights, learning on the machines is a good way to learn form and play with how much you can do, etc. My advice for you is to try to increase your weights as much as you can, so that you can only do 10-12 reps or less and then do that 2-3 times each exercise. Add some leg exercises to your abs ones, those will give you a good bang for your buck and then at least try some bench presses to work the chest and arms. Go for it, you will not be sorry! Truly a wonderful way to reshape your body.
Watch out with abs exercises, when I do too many, I end up losing my waist (on the sides). I don't know why, just the way I am built, but I am not the only one, lots of body builders (female) avoid abs because of this. If you engage your core during exercises, you will work your abs. Have fun!

Last edited by jomatho; 06-08-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Ladies, I do apologize for my absence, but I have literally been so busy with work and VBS this week, it is UNREAL!
I get up at 0630 and sometimes haven't made it back home until after midnight!!

I had a dentist appt this afternoon for a broken portion of one of my back teeth. I've been having issues with this one tooth for like 4 yrs.
On June 18, I will have a crown put on it! I love my dentist! He and his staff are the BEST!! All the horror stories you typically hear from the dentist, I have never experienced at this office!

Still no weigh in for me. I've been eating 1700-2000 cals/day and lots of carbs--what's the point??

Last day of the kiddos tomorrow. It will be bittersweet! I have had such a great time this week, & I always feel like I have learned way more than they have, but I am EXHAUSTED!
Basically, because I have been going into work for 5 yr shifts afterwards!
It is what it is!

Hope you all are having a successful week
Ugh on the tooth, but glad it will be fixed for good. Glad vbs is winding down so you can catch a bit of a break.
Why don't you just keep eating where you are, and focus on hitting your protein macros and heavy lifting next week. Give it a month at that and see how your pants fit. I promise you won't be disappointed! Don't even look at the scale. I dare you.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #42  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Ugh on the tooth, but glad it will be fixed for good. Glad vbs is winding down so you can catch a bit of a break.
Why don't you just keep eating where you are, and focus on hitting your protein macros and heavy lifting next week. Give it a month at that and see how your pants fit. I promise you won't be disappointed! Don't even look at the scale. I dare you.
I was going to weigh this morning until I saw this!!
I totally am NOT weighing!

I have been eating lots and lots of almonds & yogurt covered raisins, along with putting almonds in SF chocolate ice cream!!
Where did THIS come from??????
Old 06-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #43  

Quote:

I have been eating lots and lots of almonds & yogurt covered raisins, along with putting almonds in SF chocolate ice cream!!
haha, I go on food kicks too. Hmmm, this week for me it has to be bacon. I don't eat it very often, maybe once every couple months, but for some reason this week, I have had a couple slices every day. And then the last 2 days, 3 slices. Wth? I am out of my Ezekial bread and I guess I am subbing bacon for that, I think I am done with it now though, didn't taste as good this morning.
Last week mini snickers bars, bad!
The week before that, uh maybe cheese.
Always something I shouldn't be eating of course.
Maybe next week I can get hooked on something healthy, At least almonds are healthy!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #44  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

ive been working out my legs alot over the last few months with climbing hills on the treadmill, walking inclines, lots of resistance there etc...did some more work on the machines this morning and then some running...ran a mile plus some walking for the intervals...the last time i did alot of ab work, i had alot of good results so i'm going to stick with it for awhile and see what develops from it

off to work now...pouring rain in my rainforest had to move my vegetables out off the deck because they got water logged last night
Old 06-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #45  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Quote:

Hehe, and I am urging you to step on it. -- I wish I could go without scale, but I am so addicted.

I went clothing shopping today and YUP I am officially size 8 now. And small tops. Mediums were big
Closed Thread