Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 10:29 PM   #16  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

There's just more algebra stuff in the book. Nothing important. I talked to his "gifted" teacher who is his advocate in the schools and she talked to the algebra teacher and they feel that things will speed up and by the end of the semester, May 20, he'll learn whatever it is they usually cover.

Also, he tells me that on Monday in his Life Skills class, they will pass around some lungs then go outside and smoke a cigarette. Wooo doggies!

Now, here's what I hate:I know we're all accustomed to buying produce that is not lettuce and having the cashier wonder what the heck it is. Radishes? hmmm. Avocado? Is this price right? Spinach? Is that like collards? Well, yesterday was TOO much. I got leeks. The cashier can't find them on her list. The other cashier can't either. The teenager bag guy wants to help. They find them. Cashier says to her they're just big green onions. I say then she's never tasted them. Other cashier says he wouldn't eat them. Teenager thinks they're weird. They go on and on like idiots til I politely ask "What Do You People Eat?" The cashier looks hurt that I would say that to her. She says to the other cashier, not to me, she eats ham and cornbread. He says he eats fried corn bread. Teenager says he never ate leeks but he knew what they were. One in a while it ought to be ok to slap people who are just so annoying.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:51 PM   #17  
Member w/ messiest house

A reporter got fired for getting a scoop? That's a new one. Dilbert meets the news media.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:06 AM   #18  
The magic shrinking cow

Peaches, isn't it sad that our children have to have advocates in school?

Kiwi, I think he got too many scoops. Sad, isn't it?
Old 03-30-2003, 12:12 AM   #19  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches
Also, he tells me that on Monday in his Life Skills class, they will pass around some lungs then go outside and smoke a cigarette.
Okay, I see it right here in black and white, but I don't believe it. You're kidding, right? I suppose they'll be having a keg party the week after. Then maybe they'll learn some really important life skills, like back-roads drag racing or perhaps bank robbery? Why stop at smoking? Maybe they could all spit in each other's mouths and see who develops mono! Oo, I think I have the makings of a Life Skills Science Project!

I swear to god, Peaches, you live in the dumbest town on the planet. And I live in a really dumb town too, so I know whereof I speak! I think you should go to the grocery store and buy nothing but "unusual" produce one day just to aggravate these twits.

We went to the local free rock concert tonight. There were 4 acts -- a local rock band, a guitarist/singer, a singer songwriter who plays guitar for a well-known (?) country singer in Nashville, and a rock band from Portland. All of them had roots in the area; it was really quite good. Not earth-shattering, but good enough to stay for the whole thing.

Kiwi
Old 03-30-2003, 04:56 AM   #20  
fatter than U

Talking LOLOLOLOLOL!

Laughing too hard to post. Will try again later when I have calmed down
Old 03-30-2003, 11:17 AM   #21  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey Peachie, I think we made coffee come out of Sugar's nose!
Old 03-31-2003, 01:35 PM   #22  

Peaches, you don't really mean the students are going to go outside and try smoking????!!!!! For one thing, the teacher would get arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, right???? Explain further. This is too silly even for Dogpatch.

Cherry!!!! when you get to my age, and live in the same old town, and live in only the 2nd house since you got married, and are married to the same old guy, and spend your days pushing papers, well then my dear, can you say you've done nothing exciting with your life. And yet, boring as I am, (and lets not forget shallow) I still am basically pretty happy. So dearie, you should be ecstatic!!!

Quote:
There's just more algebra stuff in the book. Nothing important.
Yeah, anything beyond long division is kinda just fluff, anyway, right?

DH tells me that they had those drills at his elementary school, too, but I don't remember it. Maybe I was too traumatized and blocked it from my memory. Or I'm just getting old and can't remember that far back.

I'm actually making an effort to eat what I'm supposed to today, and I'm going to Curves after work. How about that?
Old 03-31-2003, 02:21 PM   #23  
The magic shrinking cow

We got a new digital cam and I took pictures today in my workout clothes.

Oh, my God.

First of all, I'm fatter than I thought I was. Second of all, how the heck am I going to lose all this weight! Third of all, whenever I get hungry, I'm going to look at one of these pictures.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:45 PM   #24  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey Wabbit, did you grow up in that same area too? Cuz other than that, you and I have nearly the same life. I had to cruise around with different jobs, moving here and there, for a while before I married DH. Since then, we moved once, 16 years ago, and everything else is same same same. Good thing kids change all the time, or I would have decayed right into my rotting house by now. Boy oh boy do I need a life, or what?

I have post-PMS. Or maybe that would be just MS, but those initials are already taken. I feel like and I'm depressed. Would you believe we got 3 inches of snow yesterday? It's pretty and fresh, but I know it's nothing but mud underneath, so it's depressing all the same.

Like this color? Kind of like a dark cloud, don't you think?

We sent out DD's application to the music camp with a CD she made for an "audition". Cool, huh?

I assume PeachBoy was being sarcastic. Right, Peaches? I wonder how long it takes to get a kid hooked on smoking? I'll bet you could hook a few of them with just one cig. Oh, there I go, more ideas for science projects!!

Good job on the digital camera, Cherry, I wish I had one. I'm sure these photos are discouraging as ****, but the good news is that every little bit of improvement will show as well.

I got an email from a cousin of mine with this horrible diatribe by some reactionary woman from Alabama. It was so full of hate, it made me sick -- and this was a public speech by a public official. Against peace protestors, of course. I mean, I am frankly on the fence on the whole thing, but this made me feel like she was screaming directly at me (not my cousin, the speaker). I can't believe my cousin, who I get along with very well, believes this crap (it's not the first time she has distributed such stuff). I guess I should just ignore it, but I actually couldn't sleep thinking about this! I'm afraid if I say anything to her, she will be so apologetic, I'll feel worse.

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 03-31-2003, 07:18 PM   #25  

Sigh. Yes, Kiwi, I moved about 10 miles south of where I grew up, so I would say that's within the same area.

I've been good all day as far as my eating goes. Do you think I can keep this up the rest of my life??

Kiwi, I order you to stop listening to the news and refuse to talk to anyone about the war. You'll feel better. It won't go away, but you'll feel better.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:47 PM   #26  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i am back and i am blue tooo kiwi----for me,i miss the musical and how it can take you to another world where all is happy and gay {like the old meaning of gay}-----the real world looks so Bleak!!!!----and the american ambassador to canada just told us off for not " helping out our family to the south"----doesn't he know we have no money and all our military are still in the gulf supporting the "war on terrorism"----we were told that americans are mad at us and disappointed in us----------------no wonder i want to live in Irving Berlin's world-----------whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 04-01-2003, 12:20 AM   #27  
The magic shrinking cow

Bagzie, I'm not mad at you. Or Sugar P.

But then again, I still love Paris, too, and eat French fries.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:14 AM   #28  
Member w/ messiest house

The American ambassador to Canada can bite me. We don't deserve such good neighbors as we have.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:52 AM   #29  

That ambassador forgot to consult me before he made that speech. I still love you.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:05 PM   #30  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I don't know if I'm mad at Bagzie or not. Everytime I think I have an opinion, I'm informed by someone (through the media) that if I don't agree with their opinion, i'm anti-American. I'll have to wait to see what most people think.

He hasn't a cigarette yet but they did pass around health sheep lungs and the lungs of a sheep who was forced to smoke. I guess that peer pressure is pervasive even in hooved critters.
Closed Thread