Old 04-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Feel better soon Shad. I've had the headaches but they are due to the allergies.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #77  

My nephew is featured in this news report on Fox5 news in Atlanta after Thomas Kincaid's death --kincaid inspired atlanta painter---not sure how to link it here.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #78  

Afternoon all.

Shad – Hope you’re feeling better soon. Ginger chocolate ice cream – is that a common combination in Aus?

Annie – Glad you enjoyed your Easter. I won’t say that I didn’t eat too much, but thankfully, there wasn’t a crazy amount of different foods around to tempt me. I’d say I the desserts were my downfall, but they were mostly smallish portions, nothing large, but it all adds up. I’m sure I made up for what you didn’t have!

Ceejay – Sorry your Easter wasn’t the happiest. Another headache!?!? You poor thing. I hope you’re taking some good drugs to deal with the pain and get the allergies under control so you don’t continue to get these headaches!! I'll have to check out the link.

Mel – Your weekend sounded good except for Jen’s foot injury (hope it’s feeling better today)!! Your dinner sounded fantastic! Darn it, no leftovers to send my way! I wish I’d had time to check cable and see a little bit of “Easter Parade”. I like that one, especially when Judy G. walks down the street making funny faces so she can prove to Fred Astaire that she has the ability to turn heads!! Sorry “they” are trying to make you a stand-in for John!! Good for you that you’re not going to let that happen!!!

Michelle – I’m sorry to hear your back is giving you problems. Exercise is so important!! I’m honestly not feeling as fit these days with only taking the Pilates classes. Good for my core, but the rest of my body is not getting worked enough, including my heart and lungs. I’m wondering if my neck and upper back aches and pains are partially resulting from this lack of exercise. I need to get back to cardio and strength training. So nice that DMIL will be back with you before you know it!! I'll have to check out the link re the book.

Happy – Hope the doc appt went well. Yeh, it always seemed a bit too chilly to wear those pretty spring clothes. The winter coat worn over them sort of ruins the effect… It occurred to me Sunday morning to spread some mulch over the garden bed we weeded on Saturday, but it didn’t seem right to be doing that on Easter Sunday, so we didn’t. Hope bf got that done today!!! I don’t want to have done all that weeding only to have the weeds pop back up before we got the mulch down.

Mary – Did you have a good Easter??

Hi Patty!!
---
Nothing much to report. Monday, Monday, glad it’s almost over. Pilates class tonight.

Did I mention I’m again thinking of joining the new gym close to home? Yes, I think I did. So I always say I do better taking exercise classes, and this gym doesn’t have them. It’s a Planet Fitness and it’s a “bare bones” kind of gym, nothing fancy, just all the cardio and strength training equipment, plus areas set up for a 30-minute circuit workout, and a 12 minute ab workout. The convenience and affordability are good. But would I really get there regularly, on my own schedule - I'm not known for my self-discipline. The gym doesn’t require a contract/time commitment, but it does have a start-up fee and an annual fee, and factoring that into the $10 monthly fee, it works out to about $17 per month over 12 months. I suppose I can give myself a few months and if I’m just not using it, I can just cancel and do something else. I might need to be talked out of this ladies.

TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #79  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNINGCHICKS.

I AM FALLING BEHIND IN MY READING. SORRY ABOUT THAT.
THERE IS A LOCAL ELECTION COMING UP AND THE HEAT IS ON.

WE ALSO HAVE HOT WATER AGAIN. I HAVE A MEETING OF SORTS WITH 2 PEOPLE TO REPORT THE EXACT PROBLEM.

I'LL BE BACK LATER. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #80  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chickers....

MELLIE...sooooo glad you all have hot water again...let's hope the fix lasts longer than the last time! Our primaries are next month for presidentual races. Blah on every one of them. Demo and Repub.

CHELLE...I don't even know why I asked if you and DH were taking supplements, I should of known you were. WIth all of us trying to get healthy, it is just part of our lives. I will go on Amazon later and check out the book...I love to read.

SHADDIE....bah humbug on the cold and feeling badly. You do not get that way very often but boy when you do...you do. Hope you feel much better soon. Hugs my sister!

CEEG...how are you feeling today...headache any better. Curtis and I have been fighting allergies a lot the past few months. Seems like every morning I wake up with a head full.

LAURA...We have a gym similar to the new one you speak. No fees to join and only 10 bucks a month, no contracts to sign, just a month to month thing. I keep thinking about doing it, but you know me and exercise..blah. I have so many outside projects this year I many not get anything else done but outside work. I have to move my garden area this year as we put the shed where the garden was, so that will be a major project since most of my dirt is 15% rocks.

HAPPY...what's shakin' babe? What did the fine doc have to say?

Not much else going on here, just work work and more work.

Have a Terrific Tuesday all.

Loves hugs and prayers.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #81  

Morning

Popping in to say hello back later.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #82  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good Tuesday morning kids,

We have a mostly cloudy day here with a few holes in the clouds and bright sunshine popping through and snow flurries in the air. It's gotten quite chilly - probably appropriate for what it should be at this time of year but we got so spoiled (even DH) with that unseasonal bout of warm air a few weeks back. DH wants it warm so he can go out in the yard and start clearing and cleaning and building. I want it warm because I'm tired of my hands being cold We cannot seem to come to an agreement as to where to put the garden - thought we found a good spot but it doesn't get enough morning sun so we will have to look again. My doctor's appointment went well. I was having second thoughts about her but it turned out that the problem was with her nurse (who has since moved on). The doctor and I had a good talk. I am off the blood pressure medicine for good It was a struggle to get off the Nexium after all these years and I still have issues (Pepcid is my new friend). I don't have bad reflux but I do get a stirring in the stomach several times a week. She gave me a new medication for that to try but said the Pepcid was good too. That annoying choking cough I had constantly has all but disappeared since being off the Nexium and blood pressure meds. I might get a cough once or twice a week but it's allergy related which is more what I'm used to and I can deal with that. She said to work on getting my cholesterol down - DH and I found some nice walking and bike paths through town which I will try when it warms up a little more. They are paved paths which I'd rather do than tromping through the woods with the ticks. My A1C blood sugar is only a tenth of a point into the prediabetic range which I'm thrilled about. I'm hoping with some exercise, weight loss and working harder on saying goodbye to my friend white sugar, perhaps I can get rid of the expensive metformin meds too. A lot to be said for getting away from a horridly stressful place in my life.

Ceejay - I did find the story about your nephew on Fox News Atlanta but I'm not sure 3FC will allow me to post the link. He looks very talented. I see that there is a rush of people running to buy Kinkade painting now that he died - I have a couple I'd love to sell if I could - they don't really fit into our decor now. Not that I want a house full of moose, bear and deer although every wall in here has a wallpaper border and more than half of them have big, furry animals on them

Annie - I'm kind of with you on the politics. It's gotten so goofy I am disappointed in everyone - almost to the point of supporting the let's vote everyone out and start all over again with kids who can play together! Thanks for the offer of the fried rice recipe - I think you posted it once before and I'm thinking it was perhaps a bit too spicy for me - you like fire more than my tummy does Glad you had a nice Easter sounds like a nice array of foods. I wouldn't worry about the gym - you are such a busy girl that you have many ways to be active, especially if you and Curtis like to walk alot. Stick with that.

Geez Mel at this point I'm thinking you'd be better off if you just got your own water heater in your place. If only it were for that little glitch called plumbing I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling back to your old self again. And kudos to you for staying on guard and not letting the office suck you into yet another thing that is THEIR responsibility not yours to deal with. Maybe you need to send them a box of big girl pants. I will be happy to donate them if you need them. I have been meaning to ask you - isn't the Spanish food you get from the bakery have more spice or acid than agrees with you? Your Easter dinner sounded delicious - especially the flourless chocolate cake How is Jen's foot doing?

Laura - you could be right with your neck and back issues complaining about not being jostled around in a sturdy cardio session Did your new pillow seem to make any sort of a difference? Is it loud and crunchy sounding? It's kind of funny with the whole gym thing. A few years ago they were building the mega resort super gym from Lifetime Fitness which was like a city in itself. They put a new one in the next town over from us - just a short car ride but I didn't care for those as they seemed to appeal to the body beautiful young folks and families who flocked to the pools there with all the little kids which killed any ability to do laps or a water workout. And you paid for all that fancy equipment too in high monthly fees. Then they went to the no frills concept for those who wanted to get in, do their work out and get out. A few treadmills, some elipticals, weight racks and a few machines - nothing fancy and they were generally open 24 hours a day so you could come and do your thing whenever it suited you. We still have a Curves up here but all the ones down south close to us shut down - never seemed to have anyone in them. I think there is a niche group of people who use the clubs but like so many industries lately, alot of places have just lost revenue and customers. Since you are a bigger fan of the classes, hopefully you can find something that works with your needs and budget. If this new gym is just do your own thing I think for what you seem to enjoy you might be better off investing in another fitness pass for classes. Just my opinion which isn't worth much since my "gym" is still full of cardboard boxes and bits and pieces of my equipment strewn about the various garage bays

Shad - hey - no talk of a funeral there although I know that sometimes when the cold is that bad you'd just like to pass out for a good long time until it's over. Sounds like this was a sneak attack as in - who the heck was I around that got me this sick? Hope you are feeling better but if you have it that bad you can just write off the first 4 days. If you could spend the day in a sauna you'd probably feel good but that would require DS finishing the castle, wouldn't it? I tend to agree with you about keeping the sex of the baby a surprise. I'm sure people want to be able to plan ahead (and are not fans of green or yellow sex neutral colored clothes ) but on the other hand, as a society we have gotten too much into the instant gratification thing - some things are worth waiting for.

Michelle - thanks for the book recommendation - I just put a hold on a copy at the library - should come in the end of the month. I think that both DH and I will enjoy it. I'm sorry to hear that DH is still having no luck feeling better. This whatever it is sure knocked the stuffing out of the poor guy. It really is quite scary when you think about it. As for you young lady, can you get that lady to help you clean up in prep for DMIL's arrival? YOu are putting in such long and crazy hours at work, don't know how you will find time for everything and you certainly don't need the stress at this point. Just be sure to take care of yourself there girlie

Hi to Mary and Patty

The outside flurries look somewhat like ash flying in the air - helps me to deny that it's really SNOW.

I need to get off my duff here - have some housework, laundry and a chicken and wild rice soup I want to try. Later chicks...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #83  
Happy September

LAST NIGHT'S SLEEP WAS A BUST. TOO MUCH ON MY MIND.
THE MEETING WITH THE BOSS WENT WELL. SHE DIDN'T STOP TILL EVERY ANGLE WAS COVERED, ALL CALLS WERE MADE AND THE NECESSARY PARTS WE'RE LOW ON WERE RE-ORDERED.
AND I DIDN'T LEAVE THERE TILL IT WAS ALL TAKEN CARE OF
SHE AND THE PLUMBER TOUCHED BASE ALSO AND NOW WE AWAIT THE WATER SAMPLE'S TEST RESULTS. THEY SAY IT TAKES "TIME".
I AM INCREDIBLY SLEEPY AND FILLED WITH SINUS MEDS.
JEN'S FOOT IS MUCH IMPROVED AND SHE IS FINE TO WALK NOW.
I LUCKED OUT WITH THE TJ GIFT CARDS...THEY TOTALED $200.
SO I JUST SENDT THAT MUCH MORE OUT ON BILLS. 2012 IS GOING WELL SO FAR. :dancer

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON & EVENING.
GOOD MORNING MIS SUNSHINE

CEEJAY....VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE AUNT AND EASTER.
HOLIDAYS CAN BE A BUMMER WHEN ONE IN THE FAMILY ISN'T HAPPY!
HOPE YOUR HEAD FEELS BETTER AND YOUR SINUSES ARE BEHAVING.
THIS REALLY IS A BAD YEAR FOR SINUSES & EARS!! YIKES!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEPHEW!! FAME & FORTUNE HERE HE COMES!!

ANNIE....EASTER SOUNDED GREAT AND JAKE'S BASKET SOUNDED EVEN BETTER....AND HIS OUTFIT!! TIME IS FLYING AWAY WHILE HE IS HAVING FUN WITH BEING PASSED AROUND./ HIS FIRST LITTLE EASTER LOVE IT.

MICHELLE....THE BOOK SOUNDS NICE AND I'LL CHECK OUT THE SITES OVER THE WEEKEND. THANKS FOR THE LINKS. MAYBE I CAN BORROW IT FROM THE LIBRARY.

SHAD.....LET ME KNOW THE DATE AND TIME YOU DECIDE ON
HOPE YOUR HEAD IS FEELING A BIT BETTER TODAY. JUST WHAT YOU NEEDED....A BLODDY COLD!!! HANG IN THERE LIL' SIS
PLEASE REMIND ME TO WRITE DOWN THE NAME OF THE KIDDIE STORES OVER THRE. I THINK I LOST THE E-MAIL!!! I AM HOPELESS!!!
DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOU AND DS NOT EATING YOUR SHARE OF CHOCOLATE.
I MORE THAN MADE UP FOR YOUR LACK OF INTEREST

LAURA......DECIDE ON THE GY MEMBERSHIP YET> AT LEAST IT'S CLOSE TO HOM,E AND NOT A BIG COMMITMENT (SP). monday monday can't end soon enough for me right about now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oops....LOST MY CAPS.....I WAS THINKINGOF YOUR BIKE TODAY WHEN A WOMAN CAME HERE ON ONE AND PAID HER GRANDMOTHER'S RENT!!:roffl:

HELLO HAPPY & PATTY...
Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #84  
Happy September

HAPPY.....WE WERE TYPING AT THE SAME TIME....BUT I AM SLOWER!! ROFLMAO
CONGRATS ON THE BP MEDS!! YAY YOU!! BEST NEWS I HEARD TODAY ONE OF THE MAINT MEN USES LIBRAX FOR THE OCCASIONAL BELLY/BOWEL PROBS. HE LOVES IT. I USED TO USE THEM YEARS AGO. LIKE A SEDATIVE...SIMILAR TO LIBRIUM(TRANQ).
HOPE THE TUMMY PROBBS ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN. MAYBE THE LONGER YOU LIVE AWAY FROM STRESS CITY, THE BETTER EVERYTHING WILL BE!!! I WOULD LIKE HIGHER TEMPS TOO. TIRED OF FEELING "CHIKLKED" ON AND OFF. STAY WARM MY SOUTHERN BLOODED NEW NORTHERN FRIEND!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-10-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #85  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday -

Such a crazy busy morning...both projects I'm on want/need me full time for the next two weeks. I am NOT complaining though....not with my review tomorrow (unless it gets postponed again).

We dropped DH's SUV off to get the issue causing the Check Engine light fixed so that we can register it. My car also has a check engine light issue...we'll drop it off later this week. Luckily, we had a reimbursement from our house escrow that will more than cover these repairs.

Laura - Here's my thoughts on you joining a Planet Fitness. You're not a big cardio fan anyway from what I remember. You like the cardio classes, but not really the machines...and you prefer Pilates and strength training (like Margaret Richard). Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see you as a treadmill or eliptical fan. And it doesn't sound like bf would want to go as often as you would. Is it that much more $ than the fitness passports you get for classes? Or just more convenient since it's close to home? I've thought about switching gyms before to a bare bones gym with a lower monthly fee...but I'm a class junkie. I think I'd prefer to do exercise videos than go to a bare bones gym...that's just me of course. If you decide to, as you mentioned, try it for a few months and then cancel, would they refund part of your start up fee or annual fee? I'm 100% behind you if you do decide to try it...but you've got to know that you would use the cardio machines...even if they aren't your fave type of cardio. Personally, I'm looking forward to my DH feeling better so he can tune up my bicycle and then for warmer weather to ride it.

Mel - Glad you have hot water! We had our presidential primary last week. And we have a recall election for our governor coming up (not sure if it's May or June). I'm so glad to hear Jen's foot is getting better and that you had so much in TJ's gift cards to help you stock up.

Shad - I hope you can get some good rest and that you feel much better very soon.

Ceejay - I hate headaches...I hope yours has eased up. Here's the link for the story about your nephew: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news...er-20120407-tm

Annie - Wow! You do have a lot of landscaping work coming up! Thanks again for the supplements and the Humana care package.

Happy - We aren't having snow flurries (knock on wood), but we are missing the warm weather of a few weeks ago. Congrats on kicking the bp meds to the curb!! I hope your new reflux med helps. I'm so glad that the choking cough has gone away, and great job on getting the A1C down!! You're right...I probably should bring in the cleaning lady to help prep for DMIL's arrival. The problem now is mostly clutter - DMIL's room is a cluttered mess. I need to be cloned a few times...one clone to earn money, one to do the cooking and cleaning, and that would leave me to just have fun!

Since I don't have clones to do my work for me, it's time to get back to earning money.

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #86  

Just a quick fly-by right now. A couple meetings ate up a major part of the day and now I have to submit my input for our monthly report. This is just the stuff each of us in our department worked on last month. I go through my calendar and my e-mail for the past month. The report goes to my boss's boss, and he doesn't want the minutiae (sp??), so bullet points are fine, thankfully.

Tomorrow is training on the new software all day for me and a couple other users, and a 2-hour session for 2 other users. I won't be able to get here 'til late afternoon, if at all.

TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #87  

Michelle
Thanks for inserting the link. I'm proud of him. When is your dmil expected to come.

Happy
wow, great results on the doc's visit. We haven't had any flurries but a bit of frost this past week end. It was and is still cool enough for a sweater or light jacket in the mornings. I'm loving it.

Laura
I hate training sessions/meetings. It's scheduled for us to have class room hours next week. I have free access to the Community Center which has a gym but have not been going. I don't have the stamina after work and to busy during my time off.

Mel
I hate sleepless nights. I don't think I've made up for the one I had on Thursday night. Keep dozing at work which is not good.

Annie
Old 04-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #88  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello all...

Sounds like everyone is busy with cr*p.

So tonite...I English oiled our cherry wood kitchen cabinets since I have not done it since around January. They needed it badly....also did our entertainment cabinet that Curtis built...it needed a LOT of oil and help...it has NEVER had any attention until me. Also did the antique panio stool that I inherited from my grandparents...it was in desparate need. Curtis has a cherry wood grandfather clock that I also oil and looks beautiful, it is on our living room wall. They all look brand new now....so beautiful!!! Me tired, no more work for me tonite....pooped.

CEEG....you have someone to be so proud of...your nephew...that is awesome...and such recognition.....too cool!!

LAURA....you are working too dang hard cause I am tired from all your work posts. Time to take a break and maybe take ANOTHER MELLIDAY!!! Wow, so deserved.

CHELLE...you sound so busy at work...please do not forget to take time for you. Get your rest and take care of you. You have control of you...no one else..and don't forget that!..love ya sista.

MELLIE...sounds like the boss covered all aspects of the problems....but really...YOU SHOULD NOT be doing as much as you do. Sorry you had so much on your mind and couldn't sleep...Maybe a tylonel PM is in store for you....do it and get the extra sleep you need. Don't let it all get to you and get you sick....IT IS NOT WORTH IT!...hugs sweet sista.

HAPPY...so glad your reports from the doc went so well....off all the meds and living the life of a retired worldlie chick. You have enough to keep you busy too!

CEEJ...Hi ya right back to you..Hope your aches of the head are gone and you are enjoying life again.

SHADDIE...working from home is probably the best choice for now....traveling does nothing but cause extra pressure and aches of the head. No need to pass it along to co-workers, unless of course, you would like tooo!!!! LOL...

Not much else going on in my world...didn't feel like cooking or going out to dinner tonite so I picked up TACO BELL for dinner...I just love their chicken taco salads....Curtis was a bit of a pig and wanted a mexican pizza, two soft tacos, and a potato burrito....he ate it all....then a couple of hours later he ate TWO bowls of Frosted Flakes with rice milk. He AIN'T right.

Well best I get off of here and wrap up the cleaning.

Love, hugs, and prayers...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #89  

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter. Went to my parents and enjoyed the day. I'm trying to stop and smell the roses... Work has been so busy, it's stress I put on myself. On saturday I had a massage. It was one of those hurt so bad as she was massaging then all of a sudden it felt good. I don't know if you all saw the tornadoes we have here in Texas. They hit about 20 miles from here. So scary, they were just poping up everywhere. I think they confirmed 15 in one day.

Michellez - so sorry to hear your hubby not feeling better. Please take care of you too. When is your MIL coming in town?

Annie - I have never tried Taco Bell's salad, I just might have to. Curtis has a good appetite, but I know he is on his feet all day. He better watch out, or you just might oil him up

Laura - did you joing the gym? As far as time, If it's important to you you will find the time. We'll that's what people always tell me...What are the hours? Would you be able to go after work, or before?

Shad - I hope your feeling better.

Mel - I hate those sleepless nights. I've had a few of those lately. I have a CD that is suppose to help me relax at night... every so often I have to get up and play it again. My mind is still running..

Happy - Snow flurries... The temp today was 78.. What are you going to plant in your garden? I haven't even started on mine. Luckily I can buy some plants that are already growing.

Ceejay - I will have to go read the article about your nephew.

Hello to anyone I have missed.. I promise to post more often.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 04-10-2012 at 10:35 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #90  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all

Patty - good to see you calling in. Glad you didn't get hit by the tornados.

Annie - there's the odd person I would like to strangle in the office, but I try hard not to pass on bugs. That cold was a weapon of mass destruction.

Ceejay - must go and check out that link. Didn't know Kincaide had passed away. Must pass that bit of news onto my sister. She is very fond of his village sculptures. I think she has most of the village.

Yes, I am feeling much better. Still coughing but it comes in fits and starts now and isn't constant - which is good because my stomach muscles are very tender and my nose is sore and gummed up still. Time for some more drugs I guess. I'm still working from home and probably will for the rest of the week.
The house needs a good clean. Guess I might need to spend some time on it this weekend. Where's Annie when you need her??

Anyway, think it is time for a drink and some mindless tv before bed. Catch you all tomorrow

Laura - too many meetings ruin a day.

Michelle - hope work settles down for you somewhat in the next week or so. I second the thought that you should get a cleaner in. It would probably do a lot of goods for both of your lungs. Then you can send her (or him) over here and I will make good use of them.

Mel - I'll get back to you re the phone call. It's a holiday over here so it will be that weekend sometime. We'll talk about the stores then

Happy - good to hear that you are off some of the meds. That will be a relief for the wallet I am sure.

Ceejay -
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote