Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #136  

Morning all.

Annie - Sounds like a busy weekend. So you took the whole tasty dinner to the future in-laws! Good to get off to a good start with them. Good job getting your education credits. I know it's new to your area, but were they giving the food away at that new JITBox??!! Yeh, I had thought to just completely quit the movie and book clubs, but I'll probably just go from a "regular" to "infrequent" participant...

Shad - Yay for you with the exercise!

Mel - Gosh I hope the current alarms are still working while they look for some sort of compatible replacement!!! Good job on a successful day 3. No, no negative talk from the neighbor. Actually, she's the last one to say a mean word to anyone, and I guess that's why I wanted her to come back to the movies, trying to hark back to old times a bit I guess. But she took a pass on the movie, but at least we (me and another movie club member) have managed to communicate with her for the first time in a long time. After going back and forth a bit with texts, she said she was taking a pass because she was cleaning out the hamster cage!! Great excuse, and the funniest part is that I didn't even know they had a hamster!!!
---
The movie "Mirror Mirror" was entertaining and funny, a snarky kind of re-telling of the Snow White story. Julia Roberts was funny, and I also enjoyed Nathan Lane, and the 7 dwarfs. Armie Hammer played the prince and he was pretty good too, especially when he was shirtless, lol.

Nothing much else to report. Final Pilates class of the session tonight. The book club book, "State of Wonder" got worse with a snake incident (on top of all the bugs!), but it also got more interesting re developments in the research project part of the story. I was assured by a couple movie/book club gals at the movie last night that the ending will put me in a state of wonder. Good to hear, as long as I'm not left wondering why I bothered to read the book!!

Okay, back to my e-mail. Toodles!

Last edited by Laura705; 04-18-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #137  

Wow, Ceejay - that's a lot of hours! It's still 12 hours, but with the classroom time, I'm sure it just feels like more! Don't worry about personals, just get your rest and "me" time when you can.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #138  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

It's raining to beat the band out there. Which is good - we need the rain. Bad thing is, we have to go out in it soon. DH has been volunteering his computer expertise at the Natural History Museum. Last time I was there I met the office manager and told her if they needed extra help with something to let me know. She called and they have a data entry project they asked if I'd help out with so we'll head over there today to get the details. The rain got rid of the last of the snow. We thought the bear was a one day deal - were hoping I should say because we can't have him hanging around the house and we didn't want to resort to scaring him off. We didn't see any sign of him Monday and then yesterday afternoon at sunset DH looked in the front yard and there he was parked under a pile of sunflower seeds. We thought it was safe to put food out again. Monday we had a herd of at least 12 hungry deer out here so we thought for sure he was gone. We were told the bears will tolerate a female because she's mating material but if the cub was a male they'd run it off because it's competition. We had all sorts of animals here when it snowed so I'm not sure what schedule this guy is keeping We have some wild turkeys that come every day to eat. DH put out some shelled sunflower seeds that we feed the birds and those turkeys were in turkey heaven when they found that pile. The deer like it too and apparently so does the bear I told DH that's too pricey to be feeding the critters! Actually we're just feeding them for the next month until my Mom and sister come up to visit. By June all the berry bushes and grasses will be going strong and they will have plenty to feast on without our help. Most folks here only feed them in the winter.

So I did get some things done including making a delicious chicken and wild rice soup. Except the rice absorbed all the liquid and now I have more of a pilaf instead of a soup!

Laura - I hope the shot works for Coal to get him some relief. I guess they feel the aches just like we do. Thanks for the review on Mirror, Mirror. I think I'd wait for that to at least come out on PPV. I want to see Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp. Was surprised that DH said he'd go see it too since he is not a fan of Johnny Depp's wierd taste in movie roles. But this looks campy funny - I heard that the Dark Shadows fans are really annoyed that this movie was made on the funny side. Can't please everyone.

Holy Cow Ceejay - that's an awfully long day(s) you have to put in. I would lose the ability to retain anything from the class after a full day's work. Hope you do well.

Mel - 85 degrees the other day??? Blow up the pool and crank up the frozen margaritas Hope you enjoyed it while it was there. I don't like bumps like that because then when the seasonal weather comes back it feels so much colder. So you are teaching Jen how to take over dealing with the G-men? Poor Jen! I would REALLY hate it having to deal with people that acted snooty and rude. Like you said you have to keep in mind that they hold all the cards in their hands. Jerko's.

Shad - good going woman on the up and moving. 3 days of good exercise - proud of you! The bear has put a crimp in my walking program - I'm thinking that walking with a 9mm pistol in one hand will sort of affect my walking gait DH did offer to walk with me on the paths in town so we'll have to give that a go when the rain moves on out. Welcome to the club of trying to figure out when your use by date is up. Best time to go is when you only have 10 bucks left in the bank It really is a game - don't want to have too little money so that you can't live decently but then again why leave a bunch of money to people who have the means to make their own? I'm still leaning to leaving our estate to some worthy animal rescue organizations although my Mom nearly popped a vein when I told her that. I'm assuming if you are exercising for an hour you are past the worst part of that awful cold you had!

Annie - I barely remember Jack in the Box and what I do remember I didn't like it and I've eaten alot of fast food in my life. Probably what happened was it was the last one standing and was probably going downhill before it closed so not a fair comparison. My sister loved a place called Chicken Unlimited when we were growing up. Supposedly the last one left in the country is in Eau Claire WI on the way up to our house. She said she wants to stop in and try it either on the way up or the way back. We are both sure it's not not the same thing she remembers and is probably located in the worst part of town Sounds like you had a fun on the run kind of weekend. Glad you got to meet Curtis' folks and had a nice dinner. As for the cash registers - my very first job in 1971 was working at the Sears Roebuck store in downtown Chicago. At the time we had the old fashioned cash registers when you'd hit keys like 1 dollar 50 and 25 and 3 to total a sale of $1.78. That and manual typewriters meant I had some seriously strong fingers Anyway while I was there they put in electronic cash registers with 2 great features - it transmitted the credit card info so we no longer had to call credit for every single sale no matter how small and it also tallied up the individual items (yes in the old days we had to add up all the items too which was a bummer working in the toys and records departments where there were often several items on a purchase). It came up with the amount, you put in the cash tendered and it TOLD YOU HOW MUCH CHANGE to give back. I told my co-workers this would be the end of human intelligence as most people would no longer be able to give correct change. Sure did come true. It's the same thing like going to the deli department at the grocery store and asking for 1/3 of a pound of cheese - they can figure out 1 pound, a half pound but don't know any other fractions. That's a really funny story about mistaking the llamas for bears. I'd be right there with you - without binoculars I can't see much details although I'd think the llamas would stand a bit taller than bears. You probably won't hear the end of that teasing for a while - a new Annie story is born

Michelle - I tend to agree with the others about something "off" in not changing your review rating in the light of some pretty substantial inconsistencies - I'd probably refuse to sign it under the circumstances but it's a fine line you run kind of like Mel where they hold the cards and you are an unwilling participant. Hope you are not running yourself ragged. We are sending you good thoughts.

Hi Patty and Turtle

I need to get some food in me and grab a shower although I should just step outside
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #139  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Afternoon all....I must of miscommunicated...I had met Curtis's parents before they left for Florida for the winter then we stayed with them for a couple of days while we were in Florida. Anyway, forgot to tell you that his mom broke her arm and thumb last week. She was trying to pull a dead limb out of a tree that she thought was stuck. It was not and it sent her sailing across the yard. She landed on her arm that broke. She is 70 years old and looks about 60 acts 50. Anyway 6 weeks in a cast for her. She said it was a good thing she did not sign up for swimming....lmao.

The speakers at the health conference were Dr. Pam Popper and Dr. Pam Peeke. Google both. They did an excellent job. Dr. Popper spoke on what you eat can cause problems. Her website is www.wellnessforum.com. Well worth a looksee. Dr. Pam Peeke spoke on the importance of moving your body. All things we all know... I am really more interested in Dr. Popper and her proven wellness forum. Check it out.

Oh HAPPY....in my defense the Llama's were babies and not too far off the ground yet and a very furry mess...lol. Who knows it could of been one of those mixed marriages....a LlamaBear! You may have to take out a loan to feed all those pets you have inherited at the new place.

CEEJAY...Good Giggly Wiggly...you will have to take a vacation to recuperate from all that working. I do know how you feel from the old CVS days. May the force be with you sista!.

LAURA...thanks for the movie review...Mirror mirror sounds pretty good, I may go see it this weekend, but only if it is raining outside. If it is halfway decent out, I will of course, have to work in my yard, gardening, building a small in-ground fire pit which I am sure is against the homeowners regulations....oh well.

MELLIE...seems like even when the govt is wrong and you let it go, eventually at some time later they FINALLY see it the right way. No since in arguing. Hope Jen catches on to your tactics.

SHADDIE...what is body balance? Is it like Yoga or something? I heard on the news the other day about hot yoga, where they turn the heat up so hot you actually melt the fat off while doing yoga.

CHELLE...keep your head down and do the normal splendid job you always do. How is DH's lungs and breathing?

Better get back at it.

Have a wonder day/night.

Love hugs and prayers.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #140  
Annie - Indiana

Rest in Peace Dick Clark...what a wonderful contribution you have made to my life and the world. You will be sadly missed.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #141  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Exercise done for today.

Back tomorrow - time for bed
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #142  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKLETTES

WE GOT A NOTICE THAT NO NEW ALARMS TILL THE SOFTWARE PROB IS FIXED.
NO SURPRISE THERE BUT LOTS OF ANGRY TENANTS CAUSE FURNITURE HAD BEEN MOVED.
SENIORS DO NOT ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES....THEY PUNCH BACK

LOTS OF CLOUDY, COOLER WEATHER. CAN'T BELIEVE THE HEAT IS BACK ON
JUST A HEADS UP....I WILL BE WORKING 3 DAYS NEXT WEEK AND THERE ARE 2 NIGHTS OF MEETINGS SCHEDULED FOR THE NEW BUILDING IN PROGRESS. SO I MIGHT BE A LITTLE SCARCE IF I'M TIRED. IT COVERS TUESDAY THRU FRIDAY.
NOTHING ELSE IS REALLY NEW HERE. HAVE A GREAT DAY.

CEEJAY......BUSY BEE! GOOD LUCK WITH THE CLASSES AND ALL THE HOURS YOU'RE PUTTING IN
EAT WELL & STAY STRONG. WE'LL SEE YA WHEN YOU'RE DONE!!

LAURA....THE HAMSTER CAGE CLEANING CRACKED ME UP.
I SHOULD HAVE USED THE BIRD AS AN EXCUSE WHILE HE WAS ALIVE!! TOO FRASSING FUNNY!!
GLAD YOU LIKED THE MOVIE. I WASN'T SURE WITH THEONE PREVIEW I SAW. IT WAS VERY SHORT.
BUT I'LL TAKE A PASS ON THAT BOOK!

HAPPY....OMG!! THE FRASSING BEAR AGAIN!! GUESS HE KNOWS DH'S DINER IS ALWAYS OPENED!!
SMART CRITTER TO STAY AWAY LONG ENOUGH FOR DH TO FEEL COMFPORTABLE PUTTING FOOD OUT AGAIN
WHEN I VISIT, I WANT BARS AROUND THE MAN CAVE

ANNIE...YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE MISCOMMUNICATED...IT COULD BE MY MIND
I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT HIS MOM. AND 6 WEEKS
GLAD SHE HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR ABOUT THE SWIMMING!!

SHAD......GOOD THING YOU POSTED THAT!
I WAS READY WITH THE TASER....IT WAS ALL FIRED UP!
NOW WHO CAN I GO AFTER??????

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-19-2012 at 08:28 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #143  

Morning all.

Shad - Looks like you're in the exercise groove! Keep up the good work.

Happy - Hey, the bear's hungry after his hibernation all winter, can't blame him. Are you all set for the data entry work at the museum? As for Dark Shadows, I'm not sure I'd be able to appreciate the remake having never seen the originals. The fans of the original need to chill out! Whenever there's a remake or adaptation of something there's always a bunch of people who whine and complain. And I suppose I'm one of those people sometimes, lol! There used to be a Chicken Unlimited around Lawrence & Elston way up northwest (where I grew up), and my brother loved it. He worked nearby at Bankers Life.

Annie - I think you probably did mention staying w/ C's parents when you went on vacay...I just don't retain all that much of anything. I'm glad you enjoyed the speakers at the conference. Attending things like that and hearing interesting speakers can be so invigorating...or you just go back to work and forget about it, lol. Bf also wants to install an in-ground fire pit in the yard and I told him we better check the local regs. Honestly, whenever I happen to think about enjoying an evening sitting by our portable fire pit, it never fails that it's too windy! And with the asthma, the smoke would probably just irritate my lungs anyway. Can you tell I'm not so keen on the idea for our own yard??

Mel - Sounds like next week will be a busy one for you. Don't worry about posting, just get your rest and keep your lungs happy! Yeh, we're having a mix of cool and mild weather, and now some rain. The heat is back on due to the chilly evenings. I finished the book and it had a decent ending, but mostly I'm glad I'm done with it. Couldn't take much more of that Amazonian jungle!!

Hellos to the rest of my Worldly pals. Hey Michelle - how's your hubby feeling these days??
----
Nothing much to report. I've been a big grump all week. My busy time at work is cranking up and I'm still working on the software project too, though it's not the time sucker it was earlier in the year. I guess I just need some time off.

By the way, I told my mom how expensive the airfare was to get to her place and she told me to just enjoy my vacation time and not come to her boring town, LOL. She said she should make plans to come visit Chicago, but it was a very vague sort of comment, so we'll see how that plays out. In the meantime, I'll try and keep checking the fares to see if they come down or are more reasonable if booked further in advance.

Last night was the last Pilates class. On to other things. If I can't get bf to take me to the gym tonight, I'll do a BE workout at home. Doggy has another injection today. Hoping to see some improvement in the next week or two.

That's about it for me, so I'll get this posted and get back to work. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 04-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #144  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Cool and overcast today. I'm going to be digging in closets and doing laundry. I have decided to focus on one thing at a time - start to finish. Trying to decide what to eat - I have a taste for eggs benedict but who wants to make me some hollandaise sauce for just 2 eggs?

The bear has not come back since DH scared it off. We both hope he goes north into the woods where he belongs. Today it's just squirrels, turkeys and birds.

Laura - bummer that you can't find an air fare that works for visiting your Mom. I heard they were going to stay on the high side this year. But if you keep looking - I think it's Tuesday is the good day to shop for fares - perhaps you can find something that will work. Try to find something good to get you out of the grumpy mood. How about you go see the Botanical Gardens and tell me if there's enough blooming to make a trip there? I miss that place - definitely on the list for a summer visit although I am not looking forward to the city summer traffic.

Mel - the mancave is secure. You can peek out the steel security door window at Mr. Bear but otherwise there's not much access for him to bother you. Hope you don't work too hard the next few days. I think you need a fairy wand to direct people - point and say "do this, and do this and do this..." Thanks for letting us know if you are taking a break from here.

Michelle - to you - hope you are ok.

Annie - thanks for the tip on the doctors - I will look them up. We were surprised to hear about Dick Clark also. I know his health was not the greatest after his stroke but being the eternal teenager you just don't think he'd ever leave. Heaven now has a Bandstand to party on!

Ceejay - hope you're able to keep awake during those long workdays ahead of you. Thinking of you

Shad - sounds like you are back in the groove. Are you doing your autumn gardening? I need to get my plans together for mine or it won't be happening. It's about 4th on the list of must-do's.

Breakfast ain't making itself so I'd better get rolling before breakfast turns into brunch. Have a good one all
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #145  
Annie - Indiana

Good GOD...my belly hurts...cut the grass, pulled weeds, fixed dinner, did dishes and laundry...cannot fathom even posting anymore or doing personals...love you all....
Old 04-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
You make me even more tired.

Happy
I envy your surroundings, except for the bear of course. I like your strategy of doing one thing at a time. How did your volunteering go? I worked my regular 12 hour day's, just had class for a couple of hours during that time.

Laura
Wish you were closer you could ride with me to Missouri. Hope you can find some decent tickets soon.

Mel
Don't wear yourself down.

Patty
I'm meeting my sis that lives in Carrollton in the Smokey MTs this summer.
-----
My classes are finished until next month.
Getting ready for my trip to MO tomorrow. My sis called me tonight to ask what time I was coming. They are having a bedroom suit delivered at the condo in Branson. Then they will be home in Ash Grove around 5 p.m. Therefore, I don't have to leave as early as I thought I would.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #147  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING ALL

LOOKS LIKE A VERY WET AND WINDY WEEKEND FOR THE EAST COAST.
JEN'S GOING OUT LATER TO PICK UP A FEW THINGS.
BUT FOR NOW THE SUN IS SHINING.
THERE IS NOTHING MUCH TO REPORT HERE EITHER LAURA
THE MOST EXCITING THING I DID YESTERDAY WAS GO DOWN FOR THE MAIL
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE.

LAURA....SORRY THE PLANS AREN'T WORKINGOUT FOR A VISIT TO MOM.
AND I HOPE THE SHOT WORKS FOR COAL
DID YA DRAG THE BF TO THE GYM?????
I HAD A LAUGH YESTERDAY.....I WENT TO AMAZON.COM AND ALL I COULD THINK OF WAS THAT DANG BOOK.
JUST THE NAME WAS MAKING ME LAUGH THE WHOLE TIME I WAS LOOKING INTO THE MAYO CLINIC DIET BOOK.
I FINALLY HAD TO LEAVE....COULDN'T STOP THINKING OF THE CREEPY CRAWLIES

HAPPY......A STEEL DOOR IS A GOOD THING!
GLAD THE BEAR TOOK OFF AGAIN. HE'D BE A PRETTY BIG HOUSE PET!!
AFTER ALL MY FIASCOS, I WOULD FEEL BADLY IF I JUST FELL OFF THE THREAD WITH NO NOTICE.
I CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT YOU GALS WOULD THINK
I PLEDGED TIME FOR NEXT WEEK BEFORE THE MEETINGS WERE ARRANGED.
NOW NEITHER ONE CAN BE CHANGED BUT I HAVE PLANS. COOKING AHEAD AND THE KIDS TOO.
I GOT EVERYTHING READY FREDDY!!

CEEJAY......I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME WITH THE FAMILY.
ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THE VISIT
WE'LL MISS YOUR FACE!!! SAFE TRAVELS

ANNIE....... WAVING HOWDY BACK TO YA.

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-20-2012 at 07:23 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #148  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I'm so swamped at work and come home exhausted...I haven't been able to keep up with your posts, much less post myself.

Today, DH is having a GI procedure done. He's had a hard time swallowing certain foods, and when he had the CT scan for his lungs, they showed a stricture in his esophagus. So he'll just be under light anesthesia, and they go down his throat with a tube and stretch his esophagus. The procedure only takes 30 minutes at most...but he'll be at the hospital for a few hours (pre-op and recovery). I have to be at work due to the project I'm on...so I dropped him off at the hospital this morning, and I'm taking a slightly longer lunch to pick him up and take him home...then head back to work. I'm sure he'll be okay. DMIL had this procedure done when she was in her 70s, and she was fine right after. DH decided to have this taken care of since he's already off work due to his lungs, and he's reached the out of pocket maximum for the year...so the insurance will cover this 100%.

Work is still work...I haven't gotten my "plan" yet...but the meeting with HR and the directors is next Tuesday to discuss the inconsistencies between my review and what "actually happened" during the year. Then I'll have another meeting after that to get the "plan", unless by some stroke of luck they decide not to put me on a plan. I'm already taking steps to improve my performance and also cover my bases if you know what I mean.

Tonight, will be spent implementing reports for work from roughly 6 to 10 or 11 pm (but I can do this from home). This weekend and next weekend will be spent cleaning and getting ready for DMIL's arrival on May 2, and also spending time online researching various websites.

Well, I'd better get back to it.

I love you all and feel your virtual hugs and support. Thank you!!

Much love and many hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 04-20-2012 at 08:11 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Getting ready to go to MO. I may hit some rain on the way but right now the sun is shining and cool. I love this type of weather.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #150  
Annie - Indiana

TGIF FOR SHOOOOOO

Be safe CEEG.

Let us know about your DH CHELLE.

Quiet day at home is always good MELLIE.

Breakfast with the bears..hmm sounds like a money maker HAPPY.

Fire pits are not for everyone LAURA, I just like playing in the fire.

Is it a play or working weekend for you SHAD?

Have a marvelous day out there!

Love and Hugs