Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 01:51 PM   #61  

As a green thumbed genius, I only know my own zone number. We're an 8 here. Bagzie is something like a minus 7. You're probably somewhere in between, Sugar. Actually if you're past the time of year when you get freezes, you could probably put them both out by now. I usually wait until April 15 to plant my annuals.

A guy just came into the shop that I used to know from 25 years ago. He was old, but pretty much the same. I bet that's what ppl think when they see me. Old, but the same.

Geez, Kiwi, are you irish or somethin'???? You're so chipper!!!! I bet you were waiting all year to use that little irish guy smiley.

Cherry you found the secret to weight loss - illness w/ no exercise. Hope you feel better.

I hate watching those old rock n' rollers. They're old. But the same. Actually I like watching them if they've grown up. Like I like to watch Billy Joel, but Mick Jagger makes me ill.

I don't care if the dog's mouth is supposedly cleaner than a boys. I still don't want to kiss a critter that goes around sniffing other dog's you knows.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:55 PM   #62  
Member w/ messiest house

Caught me, Wabbit. Not personally Irish, but married into it. Had to use the smiley.

You're in Zone 8??????? How's that possible? I'm only in 3. Yes, 3. Where nothing grows until June. No fair. I thought zone 8 was in the tropics. Did you move? Oh, how depressing.

Don't know where you are Sugar. But there must be a European map of it somewhere. You are probably in 4, or maybe 3, like me. Last frost is in May here, generally.

Oh Peaches, you are so young. And thin! You get younger and thinner every day! How do you do it?

We're having Boiled Dinner tonight. Gotta go peel veggies. Bye. Yeah, I know it's a day late.

Kiwi
Old 03-18-2003, 03:28 PM   #63  

I told you, Kiwi, we're in gardener's paradise here. You didn't really think I had a green thumb did you? Anything you plunk in the ground grows. I don't think we even had freezing weather here this winter. If we did, it thawed out before I got out of bed.

Did I tell you both my younger sister (by 9 years) and older sister (by 6 years) are thinner than I am???? They both exercise daily. I'm the fat, short one in the middle.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:30 PM   #64  

I forgot my book today and I have all my bookkeeping caught up. I'm just going to have to annoy you by posting a zillion times.

I'm eating Mike and Ike's. They're made by the same company as Peeps. We're heading into prime Peep season, ya know.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:43 PM   #65  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Kiwi it's called clean living. That's something you've probably read about but doesn't seem to exist in the snowy part of the world you and Bagz inhabit where margaritas are sold by corner vendors from pushcarts.

The house is progressing and expected to close June 1. That's what they said anyhow.

I just ate yogurt. 100 calories. Delicious. If you get hungry enough food tastes REALLY GOOD. And for dinner ... yummmmm. hamburger helper. I don't have much time for cooking. Gotta go out. I'm just saying this so you'll know I am eating normal stuff.

Old 03-18-2003, 08:04 PM   #66  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches
where margaritas are sold by corner vendors from pushcarts.
Silly Peachie, don't you mean "from iceboats"??

And I never saw a frozen daiquiri store until I spent a week in New Orleans and Northern Florida.

MMM Hamburger Helper, right out of the box. Or did you have it on top of the yogurt?

Hmph. Things growing in the middle of March. In Oregon, no less. Ridiculous. In our yard, we are growing glaciers. I almost killed myself walking to and from the car today. It's getting above freezing most days now, so snow is melting and flowing down the driveway and pooling in front of the house, where it freezes.

Has anyone ever heard of "letterboxing"? Very odd, I just came across the concept last night while surfing vast uncharted areas of the internet. It appears to be a strange combination of hiking/orienteering and rubber stamping. Now is that odd, or what? Appears to be catching on all over the world. I did happen across zippygirl on my travels, listed in "aorta.com" or whatever it was. You do travel far and wide, Cherry.

Kiwi
Old 03-18-2003, 10:07 PM   #67  
The magic shrinking cow

It is weird where Zippygirl pops up. I haven't been doing my part for AORTAL. No time to search.

Sugar, when I was in Kaiserslautern area, I figured I was about a zone 5. I'll bet you're a four. I'm in zone 5 here, too, after that short excursion in zone 8.

Still maintaining at 181. Today I was able to run 3 minutes in a row at 5.7mph 4 times! Woo!

Kiwi, I've never heard of that letterboxing thing. Interesting.

Must go! I should be asleep now! Still have some research to do for my paper. One of my papers.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:16 AM   #68  
fatter than U

Default Zone 4 sounds good to me! Thanks!

I have no idea what latitude we are. I suppose it also matters if you live by the sea or not or up a mountain or something. There are three days in early May called the "Eisheiligen" (ice saints) and if there's no frost on those days, it's supposed to be safe to plant after that.

Is letterboxing similar to geocaching?

My stomach is acting up *again*. Seems I can't eat anything anymore. Sticking to water and dry toast today.

Cut my finger last night. Put a bandaid on it. Went shopping this morning and after I paid and loaded all the stuff into my cart again (NO bag boys here, can you believe it??) I noticed the bandaid was gone. Eeeeeeeeeeeew. Someone's going to get a nice surprise.

A frozen daiquiri store?????? I live such a sheltered life.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:11 AM   #69  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

144.4 ... I am learning that one may not have chocolate chip cookies and expect to be thinner

Last edited by Darling_Peaches; 03-19-2003 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:01 AM   #70  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i heard about the margie stores from my brother who was in New Orleans in the fall----looks like a pile of slushie machines-----i am still fat and have decided to put off weighing myself this week---old fat people should stay off scales---computer was down for a day----enjoyed reading your posts---you seem like a lovely bunch of fat cows.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:01 PM   #71  

Quote:
where margaritas are sold by corner vendors from pushcarts.
Actually I think that's a place I was at in Vegas.

The only time I've ever eaten yogurt and liked it was when I was in one of my dieting induced trances. Back in my Weight Watcher days. My friend wants me to go with her to WW's this evening. Do I go? Do I continue on my path of gluttony? I've been trying to remember when I actually felt good about myself. I think it was back when I ate healthy and exercised. Maybe I should try it again. Eating until I'm in a stupor and being a couch potato isn't the path to happiness, otherwise I'd be ecstatic right now.

June 1st, Peach? Are we invited to the housewarming party? Pictures???
Old 03-19-2003, 02:18 PM   #72  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Yup

I looked geocaching up, Sugar, and it appears to be the same idea, except they provide GPS coordinates along with a little hint. I looked one up for my area, and boy, if you didn't know the area I don't know how you'd pinpoint the box with GPS. Sorry to hear about your tummy, Sug. And your bandaid

Bagz, you're a card.

Peaches, I weighed what you weigh when I was 30 years old.

Wabbit, go to WW -- think of it as doing a favor to your friend. She needs your help keeping up her enthusiasm.

Love,
Bossy Cow
Old 03-19-2003, 03:51 PM   #73  

Kiwi, my friend has lost the same 14 pounds that I've gained since she started going to WW in November. Coincidence? I think not.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:55 PM   #74  
Member w/ messiest house

Clearly you need to pass those pounds on to someone else.

Not It.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:19 PM   #75  

I'm thinking that skinny little southern peach is the only one around here that can afford a few extra pounds. Shall I pass them on to her???
Closed Thread