Old 10-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #181  
Empress/Queen

Wootness! Fall hath fallen here, nice & cool out now but don't know how long that'll last.

Hello, all queenlies!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #182  
Empress/Queen

Have run out of creative, interesting things to say or colorful symbolic ways to describe the weight loss journey, but woot, have lost another .8 this week and huzzah am I HAPPY about it?

YES!

Right on schedule to reach 132 by October 28, which is the goal for the months.

Measurements are exactly the same as last week.

This is all kind of exciting as my exercise was fairly gentle AND I ate more carbs and more natural sugar this week AND slept a lot due to depression and sinus problems.

The only thing I focused on was calorie control and as most know about me, I do calorie cycle, so was up and down some on that but stayed within a good range.

Was hoping for a WHOLE POUND lol but happy as a clam with the result!

Huzzah!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #183  
wsw

hello am2- congrats on your weight loss for this week!! you are doing so great! it sure is exciting. your consistent hard work at it inspires me to no end, empress.

hi kaylets-when you wrote: "More than ironic, more than coincidence how so many of these moments are as big as billboards saying " You're OKAY!" "You're DOING as Well as Can Be Expected"..........................

Wow." wow is right. it is amazing to me also how we get such messages from the universe. dealing with grief certainly is a teacher of many things human, though it is so incredibly difficult to deal with. sending a big, virtual hug your way.

hanging in there on my diet and exercise path. take care, dear queenlies both hither and yon.

wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #184  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for the congrats, Wsw! Your consistency in the hanging in on your diet and exercise path also inspires me! Woot!

Kaylets, I also like that thought about the billboard saying: "You're OKAY! You're doing as well as can be expected ..."

Sometimes in the midst of our personal struggles that are not always discernable to others or even are misunderstood by others we get discouraged and confused and it is true, a message comes through from the universe that we really are okay.

My brother has a saying: "I'm always okay." He says that when I am worrying about him and over the years I have also assumed it as a personal motto for myself, because, well, I always am.

Take care, all.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #185  
wsw

am2-hearing (well, reading) what you said about your motto calmed me right down after i was feeling a bit anxious after a somewhat stressful day. i love the little cheerleader icon too--makes me smile.

did remain op, food and exercise-wise, so feeling good about that. in the past 9 months now, i have lost 38 lbs which also feels very good. still have a lot more to go, since this was mostly re-tread weight, but i know that if i can do this, i can and will keep going! i did go ahead and shake up my exercise routine also which helps to keep things a tad more interesting.

well, to all our lovely queenlies, i hope a good evening will be had by one and all.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #186  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, Wsw! Congratulations on that 38 pounds in 9 months, that is fabulous whether retread or not.

My weight in the ticker (and some before I made the latest ticker) was some retread weight too ... we gotta deal with it, and it is all good!

Congrats on how great you are doing and on the exercise front, too.

I was reading a blog on another site about how studies are showing that it is better to be heavier and fit, than thinner and not fit.

I believe fitness is the most important thing, although I personally want to be fit AND at the scale weight I want.

Lol, I want it all.

I did well with calories today at 1585, right where I like to be and did 30 min weights. My streakity is still intact but have been going through some changes lately that are making it harder to get up and move and I am determined NOT to stop the daily exercise streak.

My big plan tomorrow is to hike with some out-of-town friends and then we plan on eating at a Peruvian restaurant. I have researched what I will eat (Peruvian chicken with some rice) and will hocus pocus focus focus on that and not on any other experimental eating.

Good night to all royals who inhabit this thread.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #187  
Empress/Queen

Well, a series of NOT SO FORTUNATE EVENTS occurred in which Amarantha hath gained 1.4 pounds this week lol.

Not really worried or unhappy about that, did well, increased exercise, calories a little up but not by much, so t'is just a blip on the radar. Happy with my weight but working towards a goal so we'll get 'em next time! Woot!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #188  
Empress/Queen

Happy Monday, everyone! Woot!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #189  
wsw

happy monday to you, amarantha2! woot! i had a little blip of my own today, as i ate more cals than usual, but not serious, and did my exercise plus a bit more than usual. love your line ---"we'll get em next time." it was a good reminder for me that this is a journey, not a sprint--but then you always inspire me, empress!

had fun the other night at a party with some folks i had not gotten to see in a long time. it was nice getting to catch up. it has been absolutely gorgeous here the past couple of days, and loving every minute of it. well, queenlies one and all, have a good evening.

Last edited by wsw; 10-22-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #190  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, yea, Wsw ... t'is not a sprint at all, and we WILL get 'em next time.

Glad you had fun seeing people you haven't seen in a long time. Old friends are golden, we should cherish them.

Well, I am pooped ... been really absorbed in knitting for the past two days, it is special to me because I thought that was something I wasn't going to be able to do again but it is going well and soothing me after some upsets I had last week.

Going to eat beloved cottage cheese with chives now and lie down. Also had a big day getting a quote on some insulation work I need at the house lol, takes a lot outta moi! Woot!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #191  
wsw

glad knitting is soothing for you, and doable. sorry you had some upsets last week. hope this week is more calming and going better, all the way around.
hope quote on home insulation work was not too scary, at least.

yesterday was another gorgeous day here. the weather has been incredibly beautiful. big storm coming soon, though. i am glad i was able to enjoy this past week of great weather. the fall leaves looked so pretty too. i have an earache today, and my ear is stuffed up. that always makes me feel vulnerable. well, need to get a few errands done, but then plan to take it easy for the rest of the day. well, take care, empress, and all our dear queenlies, in around the palace walls.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #192  
Empress/Queen

Hope your earache is better soon, dear wsw! Woot! Also hope that storm passes and does not touch your area. That is scary. Glad you are enjoying the fall leaves.

The insulation work is done and it was a big surprise when a neighbor from the next street happened to be the person supervising the crew. I see him walking with his family often and my dog always barks at them lol. All was pleasant and quick and they also put a nice new "door" opening in the attic for me. That was a relief.

Enjoying a fitness toy I recently bought, the Fitbit Zip! I had a big issue with the customer service end of getting it shipped and was quite irate but honestly I love the thing and it tracks with My Net Diary, which is the app and web site I use for tracking my food and exercise.

Lol, now I want to buy all their products, but will hold on.

Greetings to all the faithful here on the palace thread and hope all are well.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #193  
Empress/Queen

I lost .2 from last week and am REALLY happy about that as t'was not my best week.

But it WAS my goal day to weight 132 and I am three pounds off of that. So I have added another week to my schedule of goals to reach 125. Looks like this now:

November 25 Goal Date: Be at 130 pounds.

December 30 Goal Date: Be at 126 pounds.

And now, January 6 Goal Date: BE AT IDEAL WEIGHT OF 125.

Reserving option to look at that ideal weight again at that time, may want to go lower or higher.

Have a great day, all!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 10-28-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #194  
wsw

glad to hear all your insulation work is done, and that it went well! congrats on your weight loss for this past week, amarantha2!! woot! woot!

i am still feeling crummy (cold, cough, blah, blah, blah), and have had to lay low all weekend. i really do hate it when i have an earache, plus being all stuffed up. when my ears are stuffed up like this, it really makes me feel vulnerable (well, on top of the just feeling lousy physically part.) ok, now that i have whined and whined, i will shut up. it's back in to bed for me. i have a few good movies which i watched this weekend, plus am reading a couple of good books, so in between napping i haven't even been too bored. i have stayed op, but since haven't been too hungry, that hasn't exactly been a challenge. my not being very hungry is a very rare occurrence,believe me( lol), so when it happens, it actually is a plus. hopefully, will be feeling better tomorrow, so can get back to regular excercise routine, or at least a portion of it, anyway. take care, all.

Last edited by wsw; 10-28-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #195  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for the congrats, wsw! Hope you feel much better tomorrow, congrats though on staying op with food!

Huzzah to all!