Old 06-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #46  
wsw

kaylets-so good to see you!! love that song too, and your wise words really struck a chord with me. "keep dancing"---think i will write this down where i can readily see it, in fact.

amarantha2-woot woot!! on that 2 hour mini hike, and hitting over 20,000
exercising minutes.

did well today with food plan and exercise. now it has been about 5 months of being fairly consitent on plan, after having gained back weight before that. working on being more realistic this time, and trying to learn from some of my mistakes last year so that i don't have to keep repeating them. i plan to keep building on my successes! i may be 110 years old when i actually reach goal weight at this rate (lol!), but i am not going to "sleep walk" through the journey. well, greetings to all our lovely royals. thinking of you all.

wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:22 AM   #47  
Empress/Queen

Wsw!!! Great to see you here. Thanks for the woots!

Woot right back at ye for five months of being consistent on plan. That is great.

I don't really care if I am 110 or 120 years old when I reach my goal, but absolutely I will get there and know you will reach yours. Hope we will still be posting as royal friends on some internet somewhere by then.

Posting helps me a lot in the journey and I so enjoy seeing old friends (old in length of time known, not in age, as we are ageless, I feel)!

Woot! Am so incredibly happy most days lately. When things bother moi I find it easier to throw them off more quickly and I worry less about what people think, say and do than I used to. I feel this will also be a factor in my getting through this difficult weight loss period as my weight is really influenced a lot by my emotions and feelings.

That said, lost a whopping .6 of a pound this week lol, but am truly happy with that as it is in the right direction and every week I am more and more primed for success in getting this now 17.4 pounds off. I am at Day 196 of the countdown to the goal and at Day 266 of the exercise streak and at Day 1 of the Consecutive Calorie Challenge (1595 today).

Thinking kind thoughts of all royals who wander hither and yon in the queendom. Wowza!

Did have a wee problem today in that was driving in desert with an older friend and the temp was 111 and smoke came out the bottom of car and A/C conked out. The rest of the day was verra hot indeed lol. Need to get fixed before Wednesday.

A very nice CSR with whom I chatted online about the need for a Monday appointment will help, I hope, as they seem booked.

Have been feeling really good about relationships lately, even those that are in the past. This is related to my weight and fitness aspirations as am just realizin' how much weight is impacted by how I feel about things.

Life is good, too short to bear grudges and fret over minor negativities so am just hocus pocus focus focusing on the weight journey that is important to me right now and recovering more quickly from slights, vexations and misunderstandings on all fronts and NOT using these as a reason to go over calorie.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #48  
Empress/Queen

Good evening to all royals who wander these palace hallways. Am2 be in status quo from yesterday except that she is MUCH poorer financially, or will be as soon as she picks up the car and pays the bill for the new A/C, which she finds does NOT come cheap, scary really.

Be that as it may, the consecutive calorie challenge o' Am2 is kind of cancelled. Found today that thinking about it made Am2 eat MORE, kind of a high eating day, no "bad" foods but just more calories.

Have a great Tuesday, all!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #49  
wsw

empress-i sure am sympathetic about how expensive it is to have car a/c fixed. hope it is working well now.

know what you mean about how life is just too short to hold grudges. i too find i can let go of things like that easier than i could before, and it definitely makes a difference in a more peaceful and happier existence.

have lots more to accomplish today, so must away and take care of some stuff. so far, op with food and exercise. hope all is well with royal dwellers. thinking of you all. take care.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:39 AM   #50  
Empress/Queen

Wsw, the vehicle is all fixed and cool as a cucumber with brand new A/C. Thank you for the support!

Captured by insomnia tonight so just flying by the palace to say hello to all denizens in residence or past, future or on vacation.

Making a number of changes in career direction and will be taking some classes to prepare for an exam that will help me in said new career, although am keeping the part-time job I am currently contracted for.

Sort of excited but sort of in a state of having nibbled on too many calories yesterday, so really need to get that back on track tomorrow.

Woot, all!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #51  
Empress/Queen

Wowsa, t'is shapin' up to be a great day for Moi (just me lol) and hope everyone else in the palace or out wanderin' in the glorious world also has a great day!

Starting a 10-day yoga challenge, just to do as little as 5 min daily to add to my streakity streak:

Going to post my streakity here today as a kick-off of my 10-day yoga challenge to do AT LEAST 5 minutes per day. THIS IS DAY 1 and I am STILL up early to work but stopped to do yoga! Woot!

THURSDAY, June 21, 2012, Day 270 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 15 min yoga, total streakity streak minutes so far 20,355 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Also doing a little personal challenge to eliminate negativity from my wee brain and life. This, to me, means distancing self from as many negative people, places and things as I can and from the negative forces inside my own head.

Also noting that my little career change challenge includes adding nine on site classroom hours per week of a course I need to take that can't be done on the internet. So need to keep up with my job better and SO lol I better get back to work.

Light beams from the palace window and so hope everyone comes back soon. Wootness!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #52  
wsw

so glad to hear a/c in royal vehicle is now keeping you cool as a cucumber, empress! again, you inspire me and remind me of some things which i need to do to take better care of myself regarding working on eliminating negative
self talk. well, i am a work in progress on this front, anyway. hope weekly class hours are going/will go well.

--and greetings to all our royal dwellers, both near and far.

stayed op today, food and exercise-wise. some days sure are harder than others to make myself do this, though. today was one of those harder days. also i have a wierd sense of body image. even after having lost weight now again consecutively for past 5 months, i feel bigger than when i started back on weight loss course. ah well. also, i know i need to be more consistent with listening to meditation cd's which are really helpful for me to de-stress a bit. ok, so speaking of needing to de-stress, i need to try a little of that right now. well, a good evening to one and all.

[/COLOR][/B]
Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #53  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs up Woot!

Wsw: Ye have always been one who inspires ME as I have noted how ye keep working at the journey and life in general and you do to me sound like a really positive person! Huzzah, congrats on having lost weight consecutively for the past five months, that is an awesome accomplishment. Keep on keepin' on! Woot!

As for Moi (Just Me), Wootness, this be Day 191 o' that intrepid march to MY GOAL DAY, which is actually December 23, the Sunday following the Winter Solstice, which is significant, of course, as I have stated to all persons I meet 'cause I talk and type a lot lol, because of the ancient Mayan calendar that some say predicts the world or time or a cycle of time, depending on how you look at it, could end. While this may be thought of as a gloomy prophecy (if, indeed, the ancient Mayans thought that, which I doubt), many people, including me are having a fun time with it and planning parties others believe it might refer to the end of a cycle of time and the beginning of a new one. SO PLEASE NO NEGATIVITY ABOUT MY HAVING FUN WITH THE SYMBOLISM OF THIS, WHICH MOTIVATES AND ENERGIZES MOI LOL. So my cycle of not being able to get this extra weight off is going to come to an end on OR BEFORE (way before, I hope) December 23!

In the meantime, I have classes starting in two weeks and I have to change my work schedule for the one contract job I have left in life so DO have to work today (following a trip to Wally for food, NO DONUTS)!

Wootness and salutations! Here is the rest of the streakity from yesterday:

THURSDAY, June 21, 2012, Day 270 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 2nd session, 30 min walk, 30 min strength, total streakity streak minutes so far 20,385 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

It. Is. Manifest.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 06-22-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #54  
Empress/Queen

Having a nice rest day, just wanted to wish everyone in the palace a lovely night.

Been enjoying posting my streakity streak here so ...

FRIDAY, June 22, 2012, Day 271 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 90 min walk, 15 min yoga, total streakity streak minutes so far 20,490 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)
Old 06-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #55  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Remembering what works

Good morning, Queenies! Cool and here but that's OK cuz I have a cold and will be content with lounging and reading/watching movies for most of the day.

I had been in quite the funk for the last couple of weeks. My sister was visiting yesterday and said there'd been solar flares that tend to make us sensitive petals anxious and depressed. So that's a theory. Whatever, though, I thought: What can I do to make myself feel better? And I remembered how much better I feel when I eat lowish carb. One day in and I was feeling like myself again. Thing for me to remember: Easy to get off track, way harder to get back on. Screw the carbs. (Pardon my French.)

In the "big news" category, four of my sisters and I are renting a cottage for the summer, straight through until Thanksgiving. We got a fantastic deal -- works out to $489 apiece. Small and rustic but a five minute walk through the woods to a beautiful beach. This is going to be good!

Empress Am, you are inspiring as always. You've done phenomenally well keeping the weight off. So many people gain most of it back.

You'd asked about the different kinds of yoga I do. Well, it's mostly the Moksha hot yoga variation. I've done hatha for many years but hot yoga is a vigorous style that has amazing results when done regularly. When I was averaging five times a week, my body -- even my skin -- was becoming transformed as I watched. Back to that again.

They also have a yin class that I've attended a couple of times -- two different instructors and very different styles. Gentler styles, longer holds, increasing flexibility in the joints and all the other benefits that they say go with the various poses (reclining hero, pigeon, etc. opening heart, getting all the emotional "gunk" out of our hips)

Kaylets, interesting about your premonition! What always strikes me is how these feel SO disturbing but oftentimes everything works out OK. When DH lost his job in Nfld., I'd spent four or five days extremely anxious, describing how I felt as "like I'm waiting for the axe to fall." Then, the following Monday he found his program had been cut and we were going to have to move. So, it was a big deal but not really catastrophic.

WSW, I'm so glad you've found a comfortable "in-between" nest!

Re: Not sleepwalking through the journey -- I'm with you, Sistah! The "eating for comfort" phase is that, exactly, isn't it. Like a psychic sleeping pill to keep us sedated. Not taking that medication any more! It's carbs, for me. Ptttui!

Anagram, are you around? We're missing you! (We've all gone walkabout from time to time and there is no rebuke intended, of course.)

I'm off to walk before the rains start again. Have a blessed weekend, my beloved Queenlies!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #56  
Empress/Queen

Smile Hullo!

Arabella!!! T'is so great to see ye! Sorry ye were in a funk! I am the same in that eating lower carb levels makes me feel better. When I am in sugar/carbish mode I am much less happy and I get more tired and have a hard time with appetite control. In fact, paleo eating of a sort agrees with me but I don't practice it strictly or anything. I like dairy and processed food too much, but I do toy with the idea of going full monte on that way of eating sometime. We'll see !!

Thank you for the info on what you are doing in yoga. I need to get my yoga practice back and deepen it. Haven't taken classes in years, just do it at home, but might like to try a hot yoga class when I get time.

Also would like to add my agreement with your huzzah to Anagram.

It has been way fun for me to be back in the palace, having had computer problems off and on that precluded my often coming here and on other sites I like. These seem to have disappeared on my new computer, yay.

Longing for a Mac lol ... not in the budget, though.

Anyhow, today is Day 190 on my countdown to My Goal Day! I got up way early to exercise and work some on the stuff I actually get paid for and traveled to another town to say good-bye to some old friends. Peaceful now. All pain from that is gone.

The streakity from this morning is thusly:

SATURDAY, June 23, 2012, Day 272 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 60 min walk, 15 min yoga, total streakity streak minutes so far 20,565 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Good night all!
Old 06-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #57  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah! At Day 189 o' the Goal Day Countdown! The TALE O' THE SCALE was neutral, no loss, no gain! Was happy as a clam with this as thought I had gained, although haven't peeked all week. Calories have been a little high for most of the seven days, although had a few low ones. I started a Gratitude Group support thread in this section of 3FC and THAT is one of the things I am grateful for today, that I had a NICE MAINTAIN instead of a MEANIE GAIN! Woot!

I'll get 'em next time.

SUNDAY, June 24, 2012, Day 273 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min walk, 15 min yoga, 15 min jog, total streakity streak minutes so far 20,565 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)
Old 06-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #58  
Empress/Queen

Wootness! T'is a glorious CLOUDY morn here in sunny central AZ and might rain, which is a good thing as the land is a tinderbox right now.

So happy to be alive and, as I posted in the Gratitude Group, to have a job, although really not in the mood to get to work right now, but will & must as my schedule is all messed up this week with changes people make to it!

This is Day 188 of my backward count to GOAL DAY! Yay!

Am very focused on GETTING SOMEWHERE with the weight loss! A new calorie budget has been set (by me and the phone app software lol) and I am not going to deviate by even one calorie as am on kind of SPRINT now to the 4th of July.

The streakity for today be thusly:

MONDAY, June 25, 2012, Day 274 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 60 min walk, 15 min yoga, 15 min jog, total streakity streak minutes so far 20,655 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

HOPE ALL WHO INHABITETH THIS ROYAL PALACE OR TRAVEL HITHER AND YON ON THE FAR REACHES OF THE CASTLE ESTATE HAVE AS GLORIOUS A DAY AS AM2 IS GOING TO HAVE!

Sorry to shout. Really feeling positive this morning.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #59  
Empress/Queen

Double wootness! Just found out that something that should be worryin' moi vis a vis family is not anything to worry about! Feeling great now!

Workin' tonight, hoping for some days of NOT working until next week when I start six weeks of classes. Still, life is good and am now hocus pocus focus focusin' on the calorie level today.

Making sandwiches for lunch and before the meeting!

Have been having a verra busy and worrisome week but now t'is better! Making sandwiches for lunch and dinner!

Too busy to think straight or post straight lol.

TUESDAY, June 26, 2012, Day 275 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 15 min yoga, total streakity streak minutes so far 20,670 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)
Old 06-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #60  
wsw

am2- so glad to hear you found out that what you were worried about regarding your family turned out to be o.k. after all!
and that your busy and worrisome week is getting better.

arabella- sorry to hear that you had been in a funk recently. renting a cottage for the summer with your sisters sounds so delightful.

hi anagram, kaylets, and all our dear royals---thinking of you.

stuck to food and exercise plan for today---yea!

feeling really disorganized of late, and need to
get more stuff taken care of on my to do list. the heat does enter into the equation but some of it is because i have not prioritized as well as i could have. ok, so need to work on this area with more vim and vigor. well, hope everyone has a good evening.