View Poll Results: What Is Your Skin Type?
Oily 1 8.33%
Dry 3 25.00%
Some Parts Oily......Some Parts Dry 4 33.33%
Normal 3 25.00%
It Varies With Seasonal Changes 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 01:31 PM   #16  
Losing it!

What kind of little "woofer" did ya get Ramona??????
Old 03-03-2003, 03:27 PM   #17  

Actually, Gayle, she just showed up at our house about a week ago. She is so sweet.....probably about 5 months old. She is a great big ball of honey colored fur. She has a chow face, but I haven't figured out what the body is! LOL
My other two dogs are not very happy with the attention she is getting, but they'll get over it.
Right now, my leading name is Maizie with Sheba running second. She joins our other two "children" Reuben and Belle Starr
Old 03-03-2003, 06:18 PM   #18  
Losing it!

MAIZIE get's my vote!!!! Sounds exactly like how we ended up with our chow mix, Kodiak, Kodie for short. Such a cute, furry black fuzz ball has now grown into 75 pounds of "don't mess with me" look!!! Sweet as a baby, but no one knows that. Makes me feel more secure with Steve out of town so much.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:16 PM   #19  

I'm with Gayle....Maizie is cute

Sun came out today

Sherry ---you know me to well I am a little down but you know me I will be back to my old self soon.

A Friendship circle is a group of wonderful friends.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:30 PM   #20  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi girls

Hope everyone is having a great OP day. I went in this morning with tons of paperwork on my desk {some I left there Friday}. I didn't get everything done, even had to bring some home which I haven't done in years.

Carol... So glad you posted and are starting back on Adkins. The Bahamas!!! I'm so jealous!! I have always wanted to go, maybe I'll go when I'm old and retired. I can see me now, sitting in the shade with kneehigh pantyhose on and the big hat sipping on a coconut drink...LOL. Your vacation is 9 months away, you can easily lose 60 pounds. We are here for you!!!

Sherry.... Hope you are feeling better today. Take it easy and don't overdue so you will get completely well. Gayle thought we played volleyball in the snow...what a hoot!!

Gayle.... You would have kicked my b*tt if I let Sherry play volleyball in the snow. My couisin has the neatest house with a full gym on the lower level of his house.

Vicki.... Glad to hear from you! Sorry to hear you are alittle down. Just know we are here for you!

Love to all my floozie friends

Deb
Old 03-03-2003, 10:34 PM   #21  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Girls...

Read this news article and tell me what you think:

http://content.health.msn.com/conten...e/61/67538.htm
Old 03-03-2003, 11:19 PM   #22  
Losing it!

In my opinion, this is how TV already is with alot of the reality shows. Most of the women have boobs so big & perfect that you know they can't be real. Also, check out the teeth!!!! Straight, perfect and vibrant white, not in todays world for the average man or woman unless you just happen to have big bucks. Just watched a new show tonight where the telivision audience matches couples to marry....almost everyone on the show I would consider to be above average in appearance. BTW: No heavy people either...

Sher & deb: i could just see you two little snow bunnies out hitting the volleyball!!!! Nice the past few days here, but they say we are heading towards more winter weather...YUCK!

Vickster: Thank you for checking in every so often. I hope things turn around for you soon. It seems that you spend so much time helping others that you forget yourself.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:38 AM   #23  

Hi Floozies,

Well I have to say that I am basically in a state of shock. One week ago today I started Atkins and I can't believe I'm here to say that I have been totally on with this program. I can't remember the last time I stayed with something for this long (probably about 5 years ago doing WW). I hate to sound like a commercial, but I feel great and I'm really not that hungry. I lost 5 lbs. in my first week and each day that passes it seems to get easier. WOW!

Carol--Good luck on Atkins. My motivation is also a trip (Maui in June) so I can relate. I haven't figured out my goal yet, it varies in my head my day to day. I'll wait and see how I feel just dropping some of the excess baggage!

Ramona--your new pup sounds adorable... Let us know what you decide for a name. We have a almost 13 year old yellow lab named Lili, so I'm kind of partial to that name!

Hi to everyone else. Chat with you later.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:29 AM   #24  

Personally, I am sick of all the reality shows!! Enough is enough as far as I'm concerned!!

Jeanne-Wow!! 5lbs. is awesome!! Keep up the great work!

Carol-You CAN do it!! You know you can, just stick with us and we will keep you motivated!!

Ramona-I like Maizie, too!! The dog sounds too cute!!

Sherry-I am glad you are feeling a bit better.

Debbie-We are already planning for next year at school. Today I meet about the budget for next year. It's hard to believe that school will be out in a little over 3 months!!

Vicki-Feel better. We all have our down times. That's what we are all here for---to help each other!!

Dee-I hope you and Dez are getting along okay. I am really worried about all of you!!
Old 03-04-2003, 12:59 PM   #25  

I didn't run away.... although I feel like I should. LOL

OK no whining......... after all that great news my mom got about her breast cancer it turned out to be not true at all. She had her lumpectomy, and the surgeon ended up taking more breast tissue than he anticipated. He also took the lymph nodes (that was the plan tho). She was called back a couple of days later and told that she will have to have a masectomy. She got an infection around the suture site, because she's allergic to the the tape they used (actually I think it's the adhesive) and because she itched and scratche.... blah blah blah infection. So she sees the surgeon again tomorrow, and if she's cleared up then the masectomy will proceed asap. Her condition is considered grave, she will have the surgery and then start radiation. I don't know about more chemo, I will find out. My sister left right after moms surgery to go to Australia and New Zealand for work. She's been "taking care" of mom. As soon as I hear from my mother I will travel back down to Indiana to be with her. My aunts are there also but mom specifically asked that I be there. I've been there lots.... also working.

Work: it's going well and so's school. We started "live sticks" in class and we're all walking around looking like junkies lol. Both my hands are bruised from where I had iv's started. I was not able to start an IV on my partner, and after bursting into tears on Thursday night my one boss took pity upon me and let me start one on him. That made 4 for him, lol, and bless his soul he said my start hurt like ****! but he let me do it and I only have to get one more done before I can start working in the hospital. We lost our internet connection at work because of a virus so I was unable to check in because I was basically commuting into work from Indiana (6 hours away).

Thank God for my husband who held it together for me. I was able to come home this weekend and get caught up on house work and laundry and all that good stuff. I took a day off yesterday just went wandering around. It was a good day. I did a little bit of shopping, even picked up this awesome software to turn pictures into cross stitch patterns. I decided I need to do some cross stitch to help with my relaxation.

The virus at work has cleared up and I can check in while I'm there now. Work has been really cool and has limited my schedule this month, which is good, but bad .... the paychecks show it. OH and btw. Jimmy has gone back on the road as an over the road truckdriver. He started back yesterday. MY gf has offered to take my girls when I need to get back to Indiana if Jimmy isn't home.

I just skimmed the posts and will go back to read them later. I did want to check in lol and let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Now it's on to doing taxes....yay fun! lol
Old 03-04-2003, 01:47 PM   #26  
Losing it!

{{{HUGS}}}} Go out to you Lisa, it sounds like you need a few extra. You said that you're Mothers condition is considered grave, will the radiation be more for her comfort level? I have a friend that started with breat cancer, then it progressed to liver, lungs and brain...she was doing rounds of chemo and radiation, now the doctor are giving her an experimental drug in shot form. She has one I think about once or twice a month. You can not believe the difference in her! She is more energetic and told me that she actually has an appetite now. If your interested in the name of the drug, I can check with her, she might know, then your mom could mention it to her doc? Of course, what will work for one patient, may not work for another. Do know that your family is in my prayers. Check in whenever you have a chance. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 12:38 PM   #27  

Hello all,

Lisa--I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sending my thoughts and prayers your way.

I just have to brag now--I'm down 7 lbs. since a week ago Monday. I can't believe it. Gotta love that Dr. Atkins.

X&O
Old 03-05-2003, 01:12 PM   #28  
Losing it!

FANTASTIC Jeanne!!!! You are doing SUPER!!!!!!
I'm not a big fan of ground turkey, but I picked up some & mixed it half & half with extra lean ground beef. Last night I made a patty fixed on the grill with a sprinkling of worshire sauce then topped with a slice of pepper jack cheese....YUMMY!

Can you give a sample or two of your daily menu???
Old 03-05-2003, 02:49 PM   #29  

Lisa, I'm so sorry about the trouble your mother is having. I'll be sending good thoughts her way and yours!

Dee, how is everything going. I think about you everyday.

Jeanne, way to go! You are doing great. I'm back on Atkins myself as of Monday. So far so good. I just had to laugh about your dog named Lili. Since that is my parent's housekeeper's name, I don't think that would go over very well! LOLOLOL

Now, about the new puppy. Even though I'm a sucker for strays that come up, I really am not home enough to give a puppy much attention. But, I was going to keep her anyway. Well, yesterday, a man that works on our lawn equipment came to the house and saw her. He wanted to know if he could buy her for his son.(He is a single dad raising a young boy by himself) Well, of course we couldn't "sell" him a stray dog, but we gladly let him take the pup home. His son was ecstatic which made me feel better than keeping the pup myself. So.......that is my dog story for the day. I know she will have a great home and receive tons of love.

Hello to all the other floozies. I've decided it's time to get over the winter slump and get serious about this weightloss....I hope you are all OP as well. The main thing is to be healthy and happy with who we are. We are wonderful, strong, beautiful women who aren't defined by images in fashion magazines. We are who we are, and we are unstoppable. I challange each of you to make this your own personal year to shine!!! OK, rah rah is over for today! LOL

ta ta for now,
Ramona
Old 03-05-2003, 07:58 PM   #30  

Hi

Just wanted to pop-in for a quick hi.I'm feeling MUCH better but I now have a very bad yeast infection from taking 875 mg. of Augmentin TWICE a day!! I can't get that little pill to get rid of it until ALL my antibotics are taken, which will be Monday.

So needless to say, if I'm not coughing or blowing my nose, I'm SCRATCHING!! Reckon I should go buy BRILLO pads?!

Also....my hormones are messed up! My hot flashes are unreal!! But atleast I can laugh about it all! LOL Gosh... It's wonderful to be a woman huh??!

I've got a lot to do tonight....sorry I can't post to everyone right now.But please know I'm thinking of you all!!

I'll post more tomorrow night.
Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Closed Thread