Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #16  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

maybe this will let me post today....its weird like that

ive been doing my running intervals all January and have held right about 200 lbs the whole time....finally got my ear infection cleared up and my hearing is back...have a tiny head cold right now but sudafed helps...since we've hit February i've upped the running distance again on intervals and also increased walking speed at the 15% incline, since that's the highest incline it will go...so i increased speed to make it harder again

have been eating well, keeping calories between 1200-1500 with a few days a little over that...i dont eat back my calories burned during working out...ive hit the gym most days of the week, with a 2-3 day break during the most painful part of my ear infection...right now the scale is at 197, hoping for 190 as my next goal

ive been getting alot of compliments lately...ppl at work telling me i look great...ppl at the gym telling me that i had a great workout...and several random ppl looking very shocked that i'm really 34 and have a teenager LOL apparently i look younger(?)

when i was in the emergency room with grandma and cousin adam, who is 18, (gramma was medivaced out, whole other story) the doctor thought i was adam's WIFE! lol nooo i'm old enough to be his mom almost

so grandma was medivaced out with a fractured leg (DH's mom) and is doing well, on the mend, at a physical rehab place in another city nearby

then MY mom was medivaced off the homestead up to the big city because of what doctors thought were kidney problems...after running her through the entire spectrum of testing, it turns out that there is nothing wrong with her (she is in her early 70s) and does not have kidney problems and eventually sent her back home to the homestead (a 7 hour drive from the big city through the mountains of alaska)

NSVs: my size 8-10 yoga pants are getting loose, my sweatpants are getting WAY too loose, and i bought tees in size 15/17 Juniors which i couldnt fit before, and i bought hoodies size XL instead of 2X which i wore last year....

hope the internet will let me on here again soon
Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Larry, hoping this will soon be resolved. You are doing so well. Congrats.

Hi Jo

princessgina you look great! Congratulations on your BMI goal.

NSV lost .5 inches from waist and .25 from underbust. Only 1.5 inches to go. I can feel and count individual ribs! Hoorah! I don't need to measure hips usually, as that's where I lose from first. I can feel hip bones at femur and inner thigh pelvic bones. I will not weigh until I get stomach issues resolved, I feel less puffy and therefore "feel" thin.

alaskan, congrats on your NSV

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #18  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

forloveofself and princessgina00 Awesome!!!

I am glad you are doing better alaskan

Larry, I am being your dance partner; I lost 3 pounds yesterday. I knew I was retaining water.

I can't believe I really lost 3 pounds! -- 150 My lowest since i started this journey. -- I think I need to change my official weigh in date -- I tend to pig out on Tuesday and/or Wednesday and then hang on to sodium for a few days, and Friday has been my worst weigh in date during the whole month. Plus I seem to have ovulation and TOM weight issues on Fridays as well....oh well, it will all even out at the end

I am just SUPER happy about the new low.... I can't wait to see 140's...almost there

So...I accidentally had a spike day this week... maybe it did the trick.

Plan for today;

~ eat OP
~ walk 7 miles

Everyone have a happy Saturday!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Larry, I am being your dance partner; I lost 3 pounds yesterday. I knew I was retaining water.

I can't believe I really lost 3 pounds! -- 150 My lowest since i started this journey. -- I think I need to change my official weigh in date -- I tend to pig out on Tuesday and/or Wednesday and then hang on to sodium for a few days, and Friday has been my worst weigh in date during the whole month. Plus I seem to have ovulation and TOM weight issues on Fridays as well....oh well, it will all even out at the end

I am just SUPER happy about the new low.... I can't wait to see 140's...almost there

So...I accidentally had a spike day this week... maybe it did the trick.
Amazing!! Let's dance Sum

I lost another 2 pounds today bringing me down to 210

This makes 15 pounds lost in four days!

Color me very happy. Now I need to find out what the Spike Diet is. I have never heard of this one before.

Larry
Old 02-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #20  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Larry that is awesome!!!

Last time I lost a significant amount of weight was when I let myself eat what ever I wanted one day out of the week. -- Krystal can tell you more about the real Spike Day diet.

I think the point is to trick your system. This way your body never goes into starvation mode.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #21  

Morning everyone!

I got my running intervals in this morning followed by some steady state jogging. About 45 minutes worth for 600 calories, woohoo!
Tomorrow is my day off from working out and I am really looking forward to it!

Sum, I commented on MFP, but for you! I am so happy for you. Seeing a new low is so reinvigorating, makes you feel like you can conquer the world! Did you get some running in today like you planned?

Larry, for you too! You sure are on a roll. I am happy for you!

Hi to everyone else, gotta go get a hot shower, I have the post workout shivers
Old 02-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #22  
Fat to Fab and Fit

After our walk I was 149 pounds ...I love when TOM leaves !!

Jo I tried running, again, yesterday, but the hardware on my ankle was hurting me. I really need to have the plate taken out They have to rebreak the bone and I would have to be placed in cast for 8 weeks...BUT we walked fast for 5 miles and incorporated some lunges in, 100 of them...now I am SORE!! So for now I will stick to walking. -- Hubby is so excited over my determination that he is coming up with different routines. He will start weight training me again....just wait, tomorrow i will be crying how sore my arms and abs are

So Jo doesn't it feel great to be back? By summer, all of should meet up and sun bathe in our tiny bikinis! (no thong for Larry , not that you could not wear one, but men just don't look the same in skimpy things as we women do )
Old 02-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
After our walk I was 149 pounds ...I love when TOM leaves !!

Jo I tried running, again, yesterday, but the hardware on my ankle was hurting me. I really need to have the plate taken out They have to rebreak the bone and I would have to be placed in cast for 8 weeks...BUT we walked fast for 5 miles and incorporated some lunges in, 100 of them...now I am SORE!! So for now I will stick to walking. -- Hubby is so excited over my determination that he is coming up with different routines. He will start weight training me again....just wait, tomorrow i will be crying how sore my arms and abs are

So Jo doesn't it feel great to be back? By summer, all of should meet up and sun bathe in our tiny bikinis! (no thong for Larry , not that you could not wear one, but men just don't look the same in skimpy things as we women do )
Sorry about your bum ankle, but good for you for finding other ways! I did 30 lunges each leg as part of my program this week. I think I did them on Wednesday and my @ss is still sore today!!! I had DH give me a massage Thursday night, but I woke up in the middle of the night with it aching, I had to get out of bed to take an advil! Talk about a weak @ss! I would never survive 100 of them. I'm already worried because I have to do that program again on Monday.
Oh, and on the 149

YES! It feels amazing to be back in the swing of things and on plan this week! Thanks for asking.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Sum, Forlove, and Larry on your victories. I love losing weight (149! Awesome! 15 pounds in 4 days! Insane!), but I think I love losing inches even more. Alaskan, welcome back to health and I hope it continues. I'm currently gearing up for the Superbowl ( Go Big Blue! Go Big Blue! ) even though I'm celebrating alone. But, I will be munching on hot wings, pork rinds and cheese dip. Go Big Blue! What are your plans for tomorrow's national holiday?

And to everyone else! Good luck and...GO BIG BLUE!!!

Last edited by princessgina00; 02-05-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #25  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

No one invited me to the party

You guys ROCK! Seriously!! You are no longer "slow dancing". Good thing we're Freestylin for a while, otherwise, we may have a problem, Houston!!

SO, I FINALLY had a 1200 cal day this week and at WORK, of all places. For those of you that know me well, you'll appreciate the amount of growth there.
This was what compiled that 1200...

Peaches, Pineapple, Honeydew, Strawberries: 131
Grapes, NOW Green Monster, honeydew: 500
Fried Catfish (2 strips) Cottage Cheese w/peaches, TFM Trail Mix, Diet Coke, Russell Stover chocolate (1): 564
Total: 1195

When you have no loss on the scale, sometimes you have to take growth as a reward! This is one of those times. I was sooo tempted with junk food, (my FAVE), and 3 boxes of chocolates--patients are soooooo nice to us sometimes (grrrrrr)

ALASKAN
: I'm so glad to see you check in with us. I haven't been on FB to much. I'm too addicted to MFP. Glad to hear your infections are over and you can hear. That is marvelous!

LARRY
: Our dear, sweet JOMATHO can tell us ALL about how SD works I only have the cliffnotes

Tomorrow, DH wants to have a mini party for SB at our house. I am giving them a WHOLE bag of On the Border chips and the remaining 16oz of cheese dip Next time he sabotages my efforts, I WILL flush it down the disposal! I don't care who wins, the Broncos aren't there, so it makes me no difference. Have fun everyone!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 02-04-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #26  

Just dropping by because I UPdated my ticker and I wanted to see how it looked.
I guess almost 6 pounds of the gain is true weight (I am up a little today from the other day of course). I am grateful some of it has come off and I am determined to get back down where I belong and below.
I also am very proud of my efforts this week and know they will pay off in the long run.
Spike Day today and rest day from working out
ETA:, oh yeah, and I have decided I will not weigh again until next Sunday as long as I am on plan.

Last edited by jomatho; 02-05-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #27  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am so happy you are back here Jo.

We went out to dinner last night, Mexican of course out of all places. I love Mexican food! -- My daughter had music competition about an hour away, I did not have lunch before we left and I was starving by the time we got back... I ate so much that my stomach hurt and I was feeling nauseous. -- BUT even after that heavy, sodium rich meal, which prompted me to keep drinking a ton of water all evening long; scale was only 151.5 this morning. I think I am truly heading under 150 pounds. Thank goodness!!

No walk today; rest day
We will do a little bit of weight training and abs today. My already informed me so -- I love how my DH is motivating and supporting me....and he keeps telling me all the time what great progress I am making and how good I am looking.

I am pulling out all 8's today. My 10's are getting way too big. All jeans need belts to stay up.

We are staying home for SB. Parties always mess me up. I will keep thinking about you Krystal and sending you some

Have a fab day!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Good morning all

My weight loss is continuing??? I have no idea why but I am down another 2 pounds today!! No Sum I am not trying to fit into a thong. That sight would scare everyone including the dog

I have now lost 17 pounds in the last 5 days

I am worrying that maybe I am getting dehydrated. However I am drinking lots of water and coffee so dehydration should not be the case.

I am very happy about my loss but I am getting very puzzled also.

Larry
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #29  
Fat to Fab and Fit

My scale was at 150.5 this morning...this is the week, I just know it!

I had perfect OP day yesterday.

Plan for today:

Walk 5-7 miles, no lunges!! My butt is SORE....I keep moaning each time i bend over or sit down. But it remains to be seen what my will make me do.

Bfast:
Coffee w/cream
Purefit bar

Lunch:
Big salad w/3/4 pound of veggies,feta, chicken and dressing.

Dinner:
Left over tilapia w/rice and veggies

Calorie goal 1400-1500 with snacks

I cleaned downstairs yesterday and today I need to attack upstairs. We are leaving on Thursday afternoon and house sitter will be here for 10 days. ~ The bathrooms always give me a great workout.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #30  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Larry: I am so happy for you!! You must react to sodium like crazy. -- Nice to know that most of the weight was just "fake weight"! Keep hydrated tho! just stick with us, and that speedo thong is not that far off

Krystal How did your party go? -- I have to admit I did not watch the game My son's team won and he was happy.
Closed Thread