Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #31  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I'll tell you Jo and Kristiina, I thought of you the MOMENT I saw this commercial last night & My friends thought I was INSANE!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #32  
~Krystal~

So, the party was a BIG success. A couple friends of DH and my 2 nephews came over. We had such fun & with it being Spike Day…made it even better.
I was also celebrating 305 days of commitment to MFP and my goals, so I ran 4.6 miles. It was supposed to be 3.5, but I managed another mile I was supposed to eat the cals back from that run (500+), but I was so flippin stuffed with 2530 cals, I couldn't force another bite.

Larry
: Once again, you're diuresing quite nicely. I hope some of it is true "fat loss" this time!

Gina: Hope you had fun last night! The game was exciting to me & Madonna ROCKED it in her heels! OMG, what a bod at 50+!!!

JO: Man, I got back into daily weighing Not today though. I RARELY weigh after SD. It's just too much on my psyche. I did the 1st couple of times, just to see where I was…uhm, BAD choice!! What was on your SD menu? Mine was healthy save the game meal (baked potato casserole, 2 servings of rocky road ice cream and 2 servings of strawberry pudding cake). I had to FORCE the 2nd serving @ a whopping 420 cals!

Kristiina
: I love Mexican food. I may use that next week for SD. I haven't had it in forever. What do you like? My fave is chicken nachos, bean dip (of course), and chicken/veggie fajitas!
for size 8. I haven't had jeans on since December. weird! But I haven't been anywhere to wear them. I've been in workout clothes and scrubs for a month. (Perk of being a RN, one of the few ) I hope you all have a great time skiing. I LOVE to ski, but haven't been for the past couple of yrs. I'm due to return. I'd like to go to Vail or Jackson Hole, WY. I had a cousin who lived in Denver for a few yrs. We went to visit her in the summer while she lived there. I should have made it a point to visit her in the winter to go skiing. She always tried to get us to come, but we never did. Now, she has returned to Atlanta

I'm considering joining a gym today.RARE. I know. The one who banned the gym in an effort to buy better food. But, the one I am considering is called ATC Fitness and the fee is $15/month without a contract.($25/month for unlimited tanning) I'm ALL about getting my tan on, just poolside The one I had been a member of was like $65/month, which was ridiculous! I want to start really lifting and sculpting my glutes and arms, and I don't want to purchase a house full of free weights! I'll keep you all posted
Have a fabulaire day!!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #33  

Hi everyone, just checking in to say I survived the superbowl and got right back into routine today.
Walk is done, weight lifting is done. I am following "New Rules of Lifting for Women" and am just starting week 2.

Must have taken in my fair share of sodium yesterday because I sure felt puffy this morning! I guess I still do, but getting better. I know, drink drink drink.
I did not log my food yesterday, but it went something like this:
breakfast casserole (eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, cheese)
a little leftover spaghetti with meatsauce
pizza rolls, probably about 10
meat/cheese dip with tortilla chips (small bowl of this)
spinach/artichoke dip with tortilla chips (two spoons of this)
buffalo chicken dip with tortilla chips (two spoons of this)
unbreaded wings (about 5 tiny ones)
some peanut butter m&ms

I think that is it. That looks really awful now that I am writing it down. Talk about carb overload!!! I was calculating calories in my head until the game. I think I was around 3000, probably a little more. I still have a hard time not feeling guilty about spike days. I had a lot of guilt last night and still this morning. I had a fantastic sleep though and a great workout today, so my body seems happy.

Gotta run, back later. . .
Old 02-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone, Larry, Princessg Cheers to great successess!

K9O, I'm glad you had a nice Super Bowl party. I watched intermittently. Yeah Giants!

Sum, mmm, yummy Mexican food!

Jo, I know how you feel about the carb overload, it was the same for me yesterday as all I wanted to eat was Wasa and cream cheese. or wheat toast and cream cheese, and if the health store had had it on Saturday, it would have added Ezeikel bread( at least those are good carbs). I did have some yogurt and stir fry veggies though. Still feeling puffy as well, but it is amazing how much more energised I feel when I'm not so out of sorts!

My IBS is begining to resolve since I started on the Probiotics/muliti enzymes two days ago. Things are finally moving along, and though I still have pain, it is a bit better. So that is encouraging. It will help make me more mindfull and not mindless of what I eat.

Only by doing my own research a couple of years ago I learnt that when one has their gall bladder removed, that it causes belly fat and additonal stomach discomfort, and that any fat, even the good kind needs to be processed by the action of the enzymes and bile salts lost when one no longer has a gall bladder! Arrgh! Then their are also issues with the stomach from fibro.
My gall bladder was removed 5 years ago, and things have gotten progressively worse, more so than when I had to take steroids for a short time years ago. I am hopeful that better times are ahead.

Walked Sunday and today. I will do the hand weights later.
Cals so far 1060. I will do stir fry later for dinner, 300-400 cals

'Bye for now

Last edited by forloveofself; 02-06-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #35  

Hey, where is everyone???

I meant to get back here yesterday but got gobbled up by the world wide web and never made it back to this spot. I saw a quote the other day that said "a clean house is the sign of a broken computer" haha, that is sooo me.

So anyways, yesterday was good. Had to make it my 1600 day, which is alright because it was weight lifting day, gotta fuel those muscles.

Today I am shooting for 1200, but we will see if I make it.
Today is also fat burning day. After my walk, I will do my running intervals. Looking forward to them.

Good news is that I am not as sore today as I was last week after the workout that had the lunges in it, and I upped my weights so yay me!

I still have not weighed myself which feels sort of weird to me. I did almost hop on right before my shower mid morning yesterday out of habit, but I caught myself. I may weigh in before Sunday though, I don't know if I can make it.

Mmmmmm mexican food, don't get me started. I have one son that dislikes it, otherwise I would make half our meals mexican. When I go out, I usually get a beef chimichanga in all it's fried cheesy goodness. I only like it if it is chunks of beef from a roast though, not ground.
I am looking online for a recipe for the white cheese sauce (queso blanco) they serve around here, I love that stuff. I have a few that look promising, but haven't tried them yet. If anyone knows how to make it, let me know.

Have a good day everyone
Old 02-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #36  
~Krystal~

I didn't have an opportunity to post last night.
I joined another local gym for lifting and sculpting. here's to a more muscular me!!
I am having terrible bouts of insomnia lately. I will go to bed around 11pm, get up at 2 or 2:30am, stay up til like 0630, then catnap--not really resting. My circadian rhythm is O*F*F!

I also have another issue. Approx 3 weeks ago, maybe 4, I went to bed fine & woke up with the right side of my upper lip HUGE! I iced it, took a Motrin and a Prednisone & in a few hours, it was down.

This morning, I woke up at 2, stayed up til 0530. I was fine--no issues. And I woke up at 0630 with my right lower lip beginning to swell up, just as the right upper one had done 4 weeks ago!!
This is extremely strange to me. IDK why this is happening!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I didn't have an opportunity to post last night.
I joined another local gym for lifting and sculpting. here's to a more muscular me!!
I am having terrible bouts of insomnia lately. I will go to bed around 11pm, get up at 2 or 2:30am, stay up til like 0630, then catnap--not really resting. My circadian rhythm is O*F*F!

I also have another issue. Approx 3 weeks ago, maybe 4, I went to bed fine & woke up with the right side of my upper lip HUGE! I iced it, took a Motrin and a Prednisone & in a few hours, it was down.

This morning, I woke up at 2, stayed up til 0530. I was fine--no issues. And I woke up at 0630 with my right lower lip beginning to swell up, just as the right upper one had done 4 weeks ago!!
This is extremely strange to me. IDK why this is happening!
Weird!!!
Anything different? New foods? New chapstick or lipgloss? New detergent? Any new supplements?
Old 02-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #38  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

krystal i noticed you hadnt been on facebook in awhile...that's where i usually hang out...and talk to most of my friends...also my dear friend in the village only has internet access, no phone at his cabin, no long distance at his sister's house etc...so really to visit we get on facebook

ive been doing the harder routine on the treadmill still and it's still tough LOL but at the end of the month, it will be do-able and i can make it harder again

weighed in at 195.8 after my workout this morning...lowest weight i think i've ever seen!!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #39  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
weighed in at 195.8 after my workout this morning...lowest weight i think i've ever seen!!
This is the BEST news I've heard all day!
Go Alaskan!!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #40  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Weird!!!
Anything different? New foods? New chapstick or lipgloss? New detergent? Any new supplements?
Negative on the chapstick/gloss, detergent, and supplements.
I don't remember eating anything new & the last time this happened, I know for sure I hadn't had any new foods. The first time, I looked like this Pic of Upper Lip (not me).
Today, it was on the right side ONLY of my lower lip.

So weird!!

Luckily for me, I had some Prednisone and took it with an NSAID and both times, the swelling was gone within a couple hours (not days) as has been reported by some people online!

Last edited by K9Owner; 02-08-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #41  
~Krystal~

So today was another beautifully OP day for me (1400 cal day with plenty of fruit and a salad for dinner)
I did a circuit fit test at the gym and it nearly wiped me out--yes me, the one who has been die hard BodyRock/runner/you name it! It was that dang stair-stepper the 1st 15 min of the circuit that
Check out this convo between me and the fit test girl/trainer at the gym:

Her: Do you know what this is?
Me: Unfortunately! I DESPISE this machine.
Her: Well, I want you to warm up on it for 15 min. You don't have to kill it. You can kill it the last 30 min of the circuit on the if you want. I just want you to get your heart rate up.
Me: ok
Her: You know, they designed this machine to keep people's glutes tight and up where they ought to be. No one likes to see anyone walking around with a saggy @$$!!
Me: (seriously, I couldn't stop laughing at her commie!!)

Another convo we had at the beginning of this "Fit Test" was this:
Her: We are going to do your measurements first.
Her: (walking towards a manual body scale) How tall are you? And do you know about how much you weigh?
Me: 5'3.5" and I weighed 145.6 before I left the house. (before clothes and drinking a protein shake)
Her: Well, our scales run a little higher than people's at home.
*I get up on the scale..She goes past 145 to 147 then 149.
Me: If you EVEN think about STOPPING this scale on 148, I will throw it through the front door!!!
Her: (moving it to 147.5) Well, you're 147.5 according to this one. Why do you say that?
Me: (shaking my head) Do you know HOW LONG I've been working to get off of this plateau of 148?? 6 MONTHS!!! I finally broke it, and you're telling me I'm STILL there!!! NO FRIGGIN WAY!!

If I hadn't just downed a 16 oz protein shake and had on clothes, I would have felt so defeated. But I gave that the benefit of the doubt for the extra 2 lbs.

@ the end of the circuit--before I left--she said, "Do me this one thing and make me a promise." I'm like. "What is it?" She said, "Do not weigh yourself everyday. The tape is much more effective."
LADY!!! Do you realize what you're asking me?? (that's what I'm thinking, right!)
I said, "Well, my weigh in day is Friday. I weigh EVERY Friday. & since I've been spiking, I weigh on Wednesday's b/c that's when I see the drop from my Spike Day. Before spike, I had stopped weighing every day. But since I am seeing movement on the scale again, it's nice to see even a 0.4 lb loss"

I think she seriously thought she was talking to a NEWBIE! It's NOT St. Patrick's Day, and I WAS NOT wearing GREEN!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
So today was another beautifully OP day for me (1400 cal day with plenty of fruit and a salad for dinner)
I did a circuit fit test at the gym and it nearly wiped me out--yes me, the one who has been die hard BodyRock/runner/you name it! It was that dang stair-stepper the 1st 15 min of the circuit that
Check out this convo between me and the fit test girl/trainer at the gym:

Her: Do you know what this is?
Me: Unfortunately! I DESPISE this machine.
Her: Well, I want you to warm up on it for 15 min. You don't have to kill it. You can kill it the last 30 min of the circuit on the if you want. I just want you to get your heart rate up.
Her: You know, they designed this machine to keep people's glutes tight and up where they ought to be. No one likes to see anyone walking around with a saggy @$$!!
Me: (seriously, I couldn't stop laughing at her commie!!)

Another convo we had at the beginning of this "Fit Test" was this:
Her: We are going to do your measurements first.
Her: (walking towards a manual body scale) How tall are you? And do you know about how much you weigh?
Me: 5'3.5" and I weighed 145.6 before I left the house. (before clothes and drinking a protein shake)
Her: Well, our scales run a little higher than people's at home.
*I get up on the scale..She goes past 145 to 147 then 149.
Me: If you EVEN think about STOPPING this scale on 148, I will throw it through the front door!!!
Her: (moving it to 147.5) Well, you're 147.5 according to this one. Why do you say that?
Me: (shaking my head) Do you know HOW LONG I've been working to get off of this plateau of 148?? 6 MONTHS!!! I finally broke it, and you're telling me I'm STILL there!!! NO FRIGGIN WAY!!

If I hadn't just downed a 16 oz protein shake and had on clothes, I would have felt so defeated. But I gave that the benefit of the doubt for the extra 2 lbs.

@ the end of the circuit--before I left--she said, "Do me this one thing and make me a promise." I'm like. "What is it?" She said, "Do not weigh yourself everyday. The tape is much more effective."
LADY!!! Do you realize what you're asking me?? (that's what I'm thinking, right!)
I said, "Well, my weigh in day is Friday. I weigh EVERY Friday. & since I've been spiking, I weigh on Wednesday's b/c that's when I see the drop from my Spike Day. Before spike, I had stopped weighing every day. But since I am seeing movement on the scale again, it's nice to see even a 0.4 lb loss"

I think she seriously thought she was talking to a NEWBIE! It's NOT St. Patrick's Day, and I WAS NOT wearing GREEN!

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall! I am assuming she had the perfect uplifted behind and was at the perfect weight and had never struggled with her weight before, right?
btw, have to confess I weighed myself this morning Can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post

This is fantastic! WTG!

Last edited by jomatho; 02-08-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #44  

Morning!

Had a great day yesterday although, my calories came in at 1400 instead of 1200, but it's all good, still a good deficit. The running intervals felt great. Nothing like a good sweat. Nothing like running really.

Today is walking and then weight lifting. Plan to up all my weights again.

And yes, I confess, I stepped on the scale today. I am at break even from before spiking, so I hope to lose some poundage in the next few days. Trying to decide whether to spike on Sunday again which would be 7 days, or switch it back to Saturday which I prefer, but that would only be 6 days, hmmm.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #45  
~Krystal~

Morning all
I went to bed at 0130, no issues. Slept fine. Woke up--BIG right lower lip!!
I can't live on Prednisone!
Closed Thread