Old 01-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #16  

Afternoon to you gals! Ct scan is over now but that was something. For one thing, I get really dizzy laying flat on my back so when I got up, boy was I lightheaded. I am really glad Jack went with me because I may still be sitting in the waiting room waiting for my head to clear! I have a huge bruised area on my hand where they put in the IV. I have deep tiny veins and it is always an issue getting one in me. On top of that, you can't have anything to drink for hours before so from what I understand lack of water in the system can cause problems too. I have arthritis in my right shoulder, more than likely from knitting and it was very uncomfortable lying with my arms above my head because the right shoulder ached like mad the whole time and you have to lie so still. All in all, they took me in on time and I didn't have to sit a long time so it is done and moving on to the next thing, which is the dr appt. Since I just had a physical in September and the gyn did a pap smear while I was at the appt on the 12th, I imagine this will go pretty quickly then on to the procedure the 6th. I am so glad the gyn dr went forward quickly with this.

It is rainy and warm here today around upper 60's for the most part. If it were sunny it would be gorgeous. I even wore capri pants to the drs.

Maggie: Are cannellini similary to navy beans? I have seen them and they kind of look like it, but they must be an italian bean with the name. I am surprised cowboy beans don't have pinto beans in them. You know, I can't find any Krusteaz mixes except for the blueberry muffins. Disappointing as I would like to try the cornbread. I just use Jiffy mix with egg beaters and ff milk in them and it cuts down on pts. Using the egg beaters and skim milk doesn't seem to make any difference in the taste or the rising ability of the cornbread.

Jean: If Bob has Flexeril for a muscle relaxant tell him to be careful because they can make you really, really sleepy. Jack can only take them when he has absolutely nothing to do as they knock him out pretty much. Last time he took one he slept all day and all night! Jack pretty much has a permanent limp from the left knee as it didn't do as well as the right one did, but then the damage was worse too. He says it is pretty much as good as it is going to get even though he is in pain all the time and it stiffens up a lot. A knee replacement for him is the only answer and that will happen some time down the road I am sure.

Susan: Too bad you didn't find any shopping deals. I am hoping to get a little cruis shopping done while in Chattanooga. Mainly tshirt type things as I have a lot of capris I will be able to wear. I am going to get a new swimsuit, but closer to the time we leave so it fits properly and looking at getting some walking shoes since there is a lot of walking on the ship as well as on the excursions. St Thomas is all hills too so I have to start getting on the treadmill and building up my strength in my legs and such. I have to ignore the cruise ship stories or I definitely wouldn't go. In this case, looks the like captain was at fault and the jerk actually left the ship ahead of passengers. I read the transcript of the Italian coast guard telling him to get out of the lifeboat and get back on the ship even cursing at him when he kept making excuses for not getting back on the ship and giving them the information they needed. Sad people had to lose their lives over something like this when it wasn't really a freak accident.

Well gals, I need to go. I hope you all have a great day today! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #17  

We just got home from having supper with our travel friends. It's a very cold, "crisp" night out with lots of stars shining brightly.

Maggie -- What kind of a Jell-o salad are you going to make? I thought I had the Cowboy Bean recipe but I either didn't print it off or didn't write it on a recipe card because I can't find it. Would you send it again please? Bob's x-ray showed there was no damage and the nurse said to wait on the pt if the meds will make it feel so much better. The reason I can't sign the gift shop checks has something to do with the shop not charging tax on our sales. We have to use the hospital tax id #, so the higher ups both have to sign all the checks.

"Gma" -- I'm glad your CT scan is over for you. I think I would have a hard time laying still. I don't do IVs well either. Bob isn't taking Flexeril, but I'm too lazy to go down and find out what he is taking. He takes them with food and 12 hours apart.

I'm thinking about heading to bed and read for awhile. See you all tomorrow!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #18  

Good morning to you all! It went from lovely and warm to freezing cold this morning. The temp dropped about 20 degrees yesterday afternoon then got below freezing last night. Hopefully it won't last long. I want spring!!!

I am bound and determined to get my house clean today so pain or no pain, shaking or no shaking I am going to do one job at a time and if I have to, sit between each thing I do for awhile. I am tired of my dirty house and you know I can't stand clutter either. Fortune has made a mess with his dogfood in the kitchen so I have that to clean up as well.

I hope it doesn't take long for the scan results to get back. I am a bit anxious about them and hoping they find nothing. Since I have to take Fortune into the vets on Friday for his heart worm shot, I will go to the hospital early that morning as soon as I take Jack to work and do my pre-admin work and get it over with. I figure the hospital parking lot won't be full at 7 AM, which is when pre-admin opens. Then next week I have the regular dr appt. Once I get this stuff all done, I won't have to go back for awhile.

I am reading the new John Grisham book, The Litigators. It is pretty good and I noticed on the library website there are 17 people waiting for me to finish it! I am in no hurry though as I have it for three weeks. I have it about 1/3 done, usually reading it when I have to put down the knitting for a bit. I have the 5th square almost complete so hopefully I can sew it on and start the next one than it will be half done. It isn't as big as I'd hope, more like a stroller blanket or receiving blanket, but it will work for naps and such and in a stroller.

Jean: Hopefully, Bob just strained his knee a bit. Glad he has no damage as it is hard for them to get back to normal when they are older, that's for sure. It isn't easy when you are older to lay still on those beds with your arms over your head. My right shoulder was screaming by the time I was finished. Because you can't be wearing any metal into the machine, I had to remove my bra so I was flopping around in the hallway.... Of course, when I walked out, there is this guy standing there waiting for his scan. I am glad it is over and just hope they don't find anything.

I guess I have wasted enough time so it is time to hit the bricks. Have a good middle of the week gals. This week is going fast with Jack home Monday and Tuesday. Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-18-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #19  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining brightly but it's windy and cold outside again today. I've been to tan, the grocery store, and the post office. Postage goes up the 22nd -- I wonder what po is open on Sunday? We are going to Sioux City this afternoon to do some last minute trip shopping, eat supper with Beth and family, and pick up cookies from Maddy.

"Gma" -- You know what cleaning you don't get done today will be there tomorrow. Ernie will scatter his dry food if the bowl is too full. His are little round balls so he bats them around the floor for us to step on. I will find them all over the house. I hope the parking lot isn't too full, but that's when ours seems be full because people come in early for surgeries, scopes, etc. Do you have valet parking? We do, no charge, and that's nice. I hope you hear the scan results soon.

Guess I will see what leftovers there are for lunch and set the table. Bob should be home soon. Enjoy the rest of your day and stay warm!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #20  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Good morning Magnolias. It is currently 30º here in the ♥-Land and said to get to a high of 48º before the day is done which started out at 16º. Burrr is the best I can say. I don’t have much on my plate this day except glass work and doing my pre-work for dinner tomorrow evening. My first meal of this day consists of jerky and Cuties. Yummy. I have some good green grapes to eat later in the day for a “snack.” I also have some of that pemmican still in the freezer that makes a real “good for you” snack. I would much rather work fruit and veggies into my day as snacks instead of sweet things. I have some dried corn that I need to make Parched Corn AKA: Corn Nuts out of ~ sitting on a shelf below the kitchen window above my sink. Every time I am at the sink I see that ziplock bag of dried corn and tell myself I need to make those corn nuts. One day soon, maybe.

JEAN Have a safe trip and enjoy your visit with Beth and family. Cookies? Must be Girl Scout cookies. We didn't bring any of those into this house this year. Just that cookie dough that we dumped. The jello salad is the one with lime & lemon jello, crushed pineapple, cottage cheese and canned milk in it. So simple to make and yummy with dishes like beans. Or grilled chicken. Or just about any meal.

Here is that recipe you requested which is rather high in points+ but I feel worth it if you eat it with salad and other low point items for a meal:
”ONE POT” DINNER
Serves 16; 1 Cup serving is 7 P+
1 pound lean ground beef
¾ pound bacon, cut in small pieces
1 pound Italian Sausage
1 cup chopped onion
2 cans (1# 15 oz size) pork and beans
1 can (1#) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (1#) butter limas, drained and rinsed
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Brown the ground beef in skillet; drain off fat and put beef in Crock Pot.
Brown the Italian sausage: and put in Crock Pot.
Brown bacon and onions and put in Crock Pot.
Add the remaining ingredients to the Crock Pot and stir well.
Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
(If using a 2-quart Crock Pot, reduce the recipe by half.)

DONNA FAYE To answer your question: cannelloni beans are white Kidney beans. Take it easy with your house work. If they don't find anything with your tests then how will they treat what is going on with you. Don't you just want them to find something that is treatable? That is my hope for you that they can figure out what it is going on with your system and make it back to exact my dear friend. I will look for that book for John Grisham is one of my favorites. Please do post a picture of that baby blanket ~ it sounds so cute. I love those little throws.

DISTRACT YOURSELF
Try distracting yourself for 20 minutes (the usual length of a craving) by chatting on the phone or taking a walk around the block.

ANALYZE THIS!
If distraction doesn't do the trick, you might have an emotional hunger. Identify the food you're yearning for: is it chewy/ crunchy or smooth/creamy? If it's chewy/crunchy, there's a good chance you're hungry, anxious, frustrated, stressed or resentful. Ask yourself, What do I want to chew on in life right now? If you yearn for smooth/creamy foods, ask this question: What am I missing in my life at this moment? Whatever the answer, follow up with the bigger question: will food get me what I need? Once your realize that eating won't solve your problem, you can focus on what's really eating you.

Have a wonderful day Magnolias. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-18-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #21  
Thin Within

Talking Back For A Bit

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I am so happy with myself and I will tell you why even if you don't want to hear it. If I could jump I would be jumping with joy. I had the burger and sausage all rolled in small balls and the bacon cut up for that Cowboy Bean recipe so it would be easier to cook today. What trips my trigger is that usually I "have to have" a nice sandwich out of some of the meat all mixed together when I make this dish. Well today I didn't even have one little morsel pass my lips. I cooked it all and it is now in the fridge waiting to be put in the crock-pot tomorrow. I know I could have had some of the meat and counted the points and fit it into my day but I didn't even want to get started on it. And a good thing it isn't even calling my name now. So you see why it is, that I am so very happy. And Will, bless his heart, he only ate one little piece of burger meat and a sausage ball. I mentally rehearsed that cooking today and the sipping of some broth and it worked. And tonight we will be having Colonel Clucks grilled and I'll have some points left over. Life is good.

PS: How are the rest of you Magnolias doing with your tracking what you bite? So far this year I have written down everything I have eaten. I hope to make this a real good habit. It is day 18 and I have 2 more days to make it a habit for "they" say it takes 20 days.

Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-18-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #22  

Maggie -- Yup, we picked up Girl Scout cookies tonight . . . 7 boxes of 'em. Grandpa Bob got a little carried away when Maddy called and wanted to know what kind he wanted. Thanks for sharing your recipe again. I know I had it and now I'm thinking that my "saved" recipes got dumped when my computer died. I know I had the salad recipe but can't find it either. You just make the Jell-o with 2 c. of boiling water, add pineapple and cottage cheese, then stir in the milk, right? . . . what kind of milk? You did GOOD when you passed up the taste test today. I'm sure Will would have told you if it wasn't up to snuff. I have been lax in writing food down this week and I know the scale will show that. I did well last week and had good intentions for this week. I need to do some picking up on the kitchen island before I head to bed. Btw . . . I go for "crunchy" rather than smooth every time! See you all tomorrow!

Last edited by Jean; 01-18-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #23  
Thin Within

Talking Back For A Bit

GOOD LATE EVENING MAGNOLIAS

JEAN That's a lot of cookies ~ do you and Bob plan on eating them all? Remember they do freeze well. don't use 2 cups of water in this recipe.

COTTAGE CHEESE JELLO
Mix and stir until dissolved:
1 small package of lime Jell-O, sugar free
1 small package of lemon Jell-O, sugar free
1 cup boiling water
Add and stir well:
1 can of evaporated low fat milk, fat free
1 medium can crushed pineapple, drained
1 pint 2% low fat cottage cheese
Pour into a bowl and chill ~ Sets in one hour
SERVES: 8; 2 Points+ per serving

If you want any more of my recipes don't hesitate to ask.

Type at y'all later.
S
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #24  

Good morning gals. I am about to go upstairs and do some cleaning after having paid the bills, but remembered I hadn't been in here to post. It is chilly again this morning and the furnace keeps coming on and off. Not looking forward to that utility bill. They are really high this year so I imagine they have upped the bills all the way around.

Jack keeps getting a rejection on his efile, something about the employer's ID number being wrong. He fixed it this morning and it came back again rejected and he hasn't been able to call me back to give me the log in info so I can fix it so he will have to do it when he gets home. They said it doesn't match what is in their database. Well maybe their database is wrong! He takes it right off the 1099's.

I am not happy this morning I just got a call from that nitwit nurse of the gyn and she asked if I went for the test. I told her yes, then she said my appt being 1:40 on Wed and I said, "NO, it is 11 AM." She goofed it up and went back and looked and now it isn't in the database at all. She tried to give me an afternoon appt, which I can't go to because of going and getting Jack so my new appt is the Friday before surgery. Sheesh, how close can you cut it?

Maggie: Glad you were able to stay out of your bean business! I had apricots yesterday and they were pretty good. They were canned, but you can't get them fresh now anyway. I haven't had them in quite awhile and it was nice to have something different.

Jean: Jack loved Girl Scout cookies, but I told him no buying cookies this year. They are so expensive for one thing, but mainly if he buys them we will eat them and we don't need them. I am not a huge cookie gal unless they are soft chocolate chip type. We have a sandwich place that makes these huge homemade ones and boy it is hard to resist them. I am more of a pie kind of gal. If I had to choose, it would be pie and cheesecake over other desserts I think. The valet parking they have is on the far side of the hospital and you might as well park in the lot as the walk through the medical building and then through the hospital is as far as walking from the parking lot. If you get there early it isn't too bad. I guess I will have to keep the car whether I want to or not next week again and go since I can't go tomorrow because it is too far away from the surgery and since she moved my appt that is too close. They don't make it easy for you that's for sure and if people would do their jobs correctly maybe you wouldn't have all this nonsense to deal with. I told her that the dr already had me do my blood tests last Friday and she said that was too far out. Sheesh, the dr doesn't know how close to make the blood tests. I told her I was concerned about the insurance not paying and she was all flighty saying they would pay. Like she has a clue about it. grrrr!

Well gals, I need to get going. I want to get upstairs cleaning done this morning before it gets away from me I am waiting for laundry to finish now too. Have a good Thursday! Faye
Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #25  

Good Morning, Flowers! It has warmed up to -1! The sun is shining and the wind is blowing; we're in a "watch" but from the map it looks like we are on the southern edge so maybe won't get anything. I've been doing lots of little puttery things this morning after Ernie and I took a nap in front of the tv. I don't know why I'm tired because I slept good last night.

Maggie -- Thanks for the recipe . . . again. I get when I know I've saved something and then can't find it. I freeze the cookies and dole them out after I've figured the points.

"Gma" -- Good luck getting the tax information straightened out. Our account does ours online and so far it's been working ok. We rarely have kids stopping by to sell things any more. I always figure people bought from our kids so we do try to buy from others. I do think it's a rip-off when the girls do the work and only get a pittance in return. I haven't met a nurse, or doctor, who knows exactly what insurance is all about. I would be as frustrated as you are with the appointment mix-up. Are you going to report the incident to the office manager or even the doctor?

I need to put together a stove top type macaroni -hamburger lunch so better get moving! Enjoy your day and stay warm!

Last edited by Jean; 01-19-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #26  
Thin Within

Talking Titalating Thursday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Good morning Magnolias. It is rather chilly today in the ♥-Land. It is 12º and “feels like” it is -1º and said not to get any higher than 28º this day. You can bet your sweet booties I am staying inside where I have plenty to keep me busy. I am sitting here in my office drinking my morning cup of waking up to the world. I slept in and it sure felt good.

Cecil was just in Will’s office giving Will “what for.” Beanie wasn’t in there and he was upset about it. Will called “Beanie” and he meandered down the hallway looking sleepy. Must have been on the couch in the front room asleep. Now Cecil is all happy. The sleeping arrangements have settled in this week. Ragg Mopp has always slept on the bed down at the foot. Beanie sleeps on a doggie pillow on the floor and Cecil didn’t exactly know where he belonged until I pat a small towel on top of the covers at the foot of the bed and that is his bed now. It’s a King sized bed so Cecil and Ragg Mopp don’t have to be too close. Ragg Mopp gets cranky if Cecil snuggles next to him when he is sleeping but Beanie and Cecil snuggle sometimes. Animals. What fun they can be.

I will make my cottage cheese Jell-O salad after I get off here so it will be nice and cold come dinner time. I’ll make the cornbread closer to dinner time, which will be 7 pm, so it will still be warm so the butter will melt that the fellows will smear on it. I won’t be doing that for I like it plain with my beans. I put a fresh cube in my little keeper so they can use nice soft butter that way. I might even make some Krusteaz muffins to eat with fruit for dessert. If no one wants dessert than we can have them for later. Will said he will have a 3 course meal ~ beans, beans, & beans. These muffins are so good with a boiled egg and some fruit for a nice brunch or breakfast. I am going to add 2 teaspoons of freshly grated lemon peel to the batter for this batch of muffins.

DONNA FAYE They sound so inept at that hospital I would be scared to go there. If the clerical do that shoddy work what are the folks doing that run the place. I sure hope the doctors that treat you are a better class of workers, surely they are. The reputation of a hospital starts with the folks at the front desk. Once I had to go back for a mameogram and was charged for the second one because my insurance wouldn’t pay for two so closely performed together. This last time I told the gal if she didn’t get it right that time she wouldn’t get a second chance. No second chances. Is this procedure you are going for supposed to tell them what is wrong with you like an exploratory event. Or are they actually going to fix your problems. I hope they fix your problems for you have been going through this long enough.

JEAN You are quite welcome for the recipe. If you ever want more just let me know and I will be happy to ablige. Great idea to freeze those yummie s. I can just see in my minds eye you and your cat sleeping in the recliner. AW such a life.

GET A BETTER RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR FOOD
Look at food like it’s a relationship. Either it’s working for you or you need to break up. You can eat a chocolate chip cookie, but you shouldn’t eat a dozen. If you need to eat a dozen, it’s time to break up with cookies.

EAT CHOCOLATE!
If you’re craving chocolate, there’s no reason to give up. You can eat three Hershey’s kisses to satisfy your sweet-tooth – they add up to just 100 calories.

Everybody have a wonderful afternoon. Type at y’all later.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #27  

Maggie -- It never did warm up today, I think it was 4 late this afternoon. We're back down to -1 right now and in a "watch" all day tomorrow. The map shows a possibility of 6" so we'll see how much lands; with the wind it could be blizzardly out. Bob tells Maddy that beans are the musical food . . . "the more you eat, the more you toot!" She loves baked beans and he always teases her whenever I fix them. I'm sure your meal tonight was a hit! I like the tips for today -- moderation is the key and no deprivation on WW! I'm off to watch the news!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #28  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's snowing and enough so that area schools are starting 2 hours late and/or have cancelled. I'm glad I don't have to think about that any more. The superintendent we have now makes the call very early unlike the previous goofus who waited until after some of us were in the building. I was going to run a couple errands but may wait and see what the weather does. I don't have to go anywhere.

Guess I will do some laundry and start my packing list. I hope you all have a fantastic Friday, enjoy your day, and stay warm!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #29  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Oh Magnolias it is cold here. Just 10º and not expected to get over 32º this partly sunny day in the Heartland but not snowing. I am up earlier than usually but I woke up and felt like I had enough sleep so got up before the dogs and cat were awake. Now, that’s a happening for sure. Dinner was wonderful last evening and I only had to use 4 of my weekly plus points. That is what they are there for. I had mixed up a Devils Food Cake mix using 1 cup of water and 1 cup of fat free vanilla flavored Greek yogurt instead of the other ingredients called for, plus my box mix was a sugar free mix sweetened with Splenda®. The men raved at how nice and moist the cake was. I had never done that before and the experiment turned out well for sure. There wasn’t any yogurt taste at all. It was just velvety and super moist. I baked it in a bundt pan and gave it a thin wash of sour cream frosting. Our guest took a big piece with him when he left along with a large bowl of the beans and a request for a copy of my Cowboy Bean recipe. The fat free cornbread I made by Krusteaz was also a big hit. I love it when a plan comes together. Will has requested that I make meatloaf for our next Thursday evening meal get together. That will be easy and I’ll serve baked potatoes and green beans and corn and a nice fresh salad. I may even bake some Rhodes rolls. For dessert, to enjoy with coffee later I do believe I’ll serve some sugar free~ fat free pudding.

Yikes I just realized that it is already the 20th of the month and it is more than half over. We will be in February before we know it. I have been so busy trying to keep my FOCUS that time marched on but not without me. For here I am still aware and writing each morsel that I bite. I am doing this one day at a time and it seems to be working to help me to stay aware.

JEAN You will be in Hawaii soon and leave all that snow behind. I can just see you wading through that snow to the tanning salon. I imagine you have some color by now don’t you. How many more sessions do you have before you go? Where we get our hair cut they also have a tanning salon and some of those folks that use it are nice looking ~ not a bit pale. They have made those tanning beds so much safer now even for sensitive skin folks.

TRY AN AROMATHERAPY FIX
Aromatherapy is used to change moods through scent. To curb craving for sweet treats, aromatherapy aficionados place two drops of grapefruit essential oil onto a handkerchief and inhale to halt a sweets craving.

EAT UP!
To stay satiated, eat three similarly caloric meals and one or more planned snacks daily.

Have a great day Magnolias. Type at y'all later

Last edited by Maggie; 01-20-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #30  

Good morning gals! Woweee, Maggie and Jean sure are having some cold weather. It is cool here, but not really cold. It is an ugly overcast with no sun though and that is so depressing.

I never did get upstairs yesterday. I am just going to wait until Sunday and do it then. We have commissary shopping tomorrow and we need to go tomorrow as I am running out of all kinds of stuff.

I just finished a great medical mystery book and am back to the Grisham book. It is a well written book, but it is about sort of sleazy ambulance chasers and that's not my thing, but he writes so well I will definitely finish it.

Maggie: The nurse that is a noodlehead isn't at the hospital, but at the clinic. She is the gyn's nurse and scheduling nurse. The hospital called yesterday for my pre registration stuff and it was a little difficult because he kept cutting out on my and I kept having to have him repeat everything. I don't think it was my phone, but their system. I am now registered and next Thursday will go and get pre admitted, which includes the blood tests and all my insurance info and such as copay and whatever. We actually like this hospital even though it is old. Jack had both surgeries and I had both my surgeries at this hospital and my mammograms are always done at this hospital. The clinic, not so much for the most part though I love my new doctor and the gyn is ok, not as great as the other one, but she is ok too. The practice has a huge medicaid, medicare, government patients, which is of course why we have our drs here. Tricare has limited big practice options and Jack and I like where you can get your blood tests and such all done and not have to go one place for regular dr, another place for test, another for a gyn, etc. This is kind of a combination thing. She is going to use a scope to look at the inside of my uterus before she does the procedure then she inserts this sort of hand fan looking thing that then expands in the uterus and cauterizes the whole inside of the uterus, causing scarring which should solve the problem of my symptoms. I haven't heard anything from anyone at the ct scan place or the gyn or her nurse and the nurse said she was going to call and get the results so I would have thought if they found something they would call and have me come in. That is a good thing because it means all the organs and everything in my abdomen and pelvis along with my kidneys and bladder are in good shape for the procedure.

Jean: I think the whole rhyming is "Beans, beans the magical fruit, the more you eat, the better you toot, the better you toot, the better you feel, so let's have beans for every meal!" I am sure Maddie would giggle at that or roll her eyes! I like good baked beans myself and around here with all the bbq, there is every kind of baked bean there is. One place makes fabulous beans that have bell pepper and pieces of pulled pork in them. They are really yummy. Husbands are so scatter brained I think. Jack said he checked the Employee ID numbers and they were correct and he resubmitted and they rejected it again so I went upstairs and got the 1099R which is the Navy one and the W-2 which is the city one, he kept putting the wrong number in. Of course the instructions told him to look in "box B" but he's a man and thinks he knows everything so didn't pay any attention and put the number from box D on the city in not once but twice. I saw the booboo right away and redid it and the thing was accepted and it said we should have our money by the 3rd.

Well gals, it is lunch time so I guess I better find something. You all have a wonderful fun weekend! Faye

Jean