Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 11:09 AM   #91  
Connecticut

Morning Ladies!

Yea, Pam, so close!! Congrats on the weight loss!!

I am convinced too that journaling makes us think twice about what we choose to eat and how much. I really feel psyched this time around especially now that I see my clothes starting to fit better.

Seems like you are getting to know your friend all over again. Just enjoy the relationship as is and not the expectations. Getting older is good -- believe it or not, you do learn to accept so much more. You also learn to choose your battles and not go to war over everything. At least that was true for me -- I used to stand on principle all the time and do battle with everyone "just because" the situation called for it. Easier on my nerves this way!

Lord, we watched "Road to Perdition" last night with Tom Hanks and Paul Newman -- what a dark and depressing movie. Made "Godfather" seem like a comedy -- I kid you not! It was on DVD so we watched the "commentary" and "making of the movie" just to get a light after-taste. Give me movies like "Big Fat Greek Wedding" and "Legally Blonde" anytime!

Had pizza last night -- 3 pieces but saved points so it was OK. I was looking forward to it all day, but Russ ordered it with pineapple -- yuck. They hid it under the cheese so I couldn't even pick it off. Bums! But it was pizza nonetheless and I had planned on it and I ate it!

Not much planned for today -- going to play Scrabble and Boggle on the computer and cruise some web sites. Love "my" time on the computer!

So, Cathy, what are we making for "brekkie" (I learned a new word from your guys this week!) this morning?! I am having "Scottish Porridge" -- 6 points -- for brunch.

Morning Dahlia and Grandma ....

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

The sun is shinning bright and the temps are in the high 40s -- have not seen them that high in a long time! Bring on the robins -- Spring's a'coming!

Always, T
Old 03-08-2003, 12:28 PM   #92  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies..Pam..great job! is'nt it funny how people change? and yet my pal in England never does..it is like we have never been apart when i go back we never argue..never did..and we still laugh at the same things

Terry..don't know what i'm having for brekky but i only have to make my own this morning because hubby is out having his with friends..Yaaaayy! i'm free of the griddle

Our Jacqui called me yesterday afternoon and pic's of Olivia are in the mail i can't wait to see her..while i was on the phone i could hear Olivia crying in the background and i said 'i'd better let you go' Jacqui replied 'its alright Andy is with her and he's teasing her..he won't give her her dummy (pacifier)' i asked what she looks like and Jacqui said she looks like me when i was a baby, Andy piped up in the background "no she does'nt she's good looking she looks like me" i guess i'll be the of that!

I was bad yesterday and did'nt exercise...and although i started springcleaning the woodstove room i have'nt finished it so it looks like thats my saturday planned.
Old 03-08-2003, 12:57 PM   #93  
Connecticut

You're not the only one who can't wait to see pics of Olivia! Any idea when you will be going over??
Old 03-08-2003, 01:41 PM   #94  
Woman on a Mission

Oh Cathy how exciting to finally get to lay eyes on Little Miss Precious....promise you will post them! How is Jaqui doing? Is she handling things alright with her Dad and a new little one? I hope you get to go over soon...I can fairly imagine the suspense to hold Olivia is a killer.

Terry, great job on banking points for pizza! I'm like and don't much care for pineapple on mine either. I do however love one from Boston Pizza called the Boston Royale. Yum...making my mouth water so I better stop thinking of it

Well off to go do some laundry and make some lunch. Talk to you all later.

Pam

P.S. Good morning to Dahlia, Meg, Grandma G and Karie (wherever you may be lurking ) Pop in and say hi...I (we) miss you!
Old 03-08-2003, 02:12 PM   #95  
Gym'll fix it!!

Terry..i'm torn between going and not i want to go obviously because of the new addition not to mention seeing the kids again but i don't want to go because of my 'anxiety' problem and the sheer thought of spending 9+ hours on a plane i'll be so happy when they really can teleport people like they do on startrek i went to the travel agents the other day to pick up some brochures and apparently i just missed a big seat sale with british airways i don't mean that the seats are BIG but the sale was the travel agent said it is really difficult to find a seat at the moment..but i've been online to various sites and there does'nt seem to be a problem.
Pam..Jacqui is upset but as we all knew it was coming i don't think that the 'blow' was as bad as expected...i'll definitely be posting pic's of Olivia..just try and stop me
Old 03-08-2003, 02:43 PM   #96  
Ginny

Hello everyone,
I trip to England, sounds wonderful, but 9+ hrs in a plane..I'd be a bit nervous too..especially these days... but hope you find a good price and available seats and have a grand time...

Well, I couldn't wait till Monday to see how I have been doing.. so I stepped on the scale this morning and I am a definite 2 pounds lighter,, even after going out for fish last night and having cheese and crackers for an appetizer. I guess I was so good that the little indulgence was ok... made me feel good anyway..

Right now I just took a divine Chocolate cake out of the oven.. I have this great recipe for a very moist cake, called 5 min. chocolate cake.. I was telling the gals at work about it and they wanted the recipe so I decided to bake them one too... the whole house smells like chocolate, it smells so heavenly..but I cannot eat chocolate so I'll just have to enjoy the smell... (it bothers my tummy quite badly) though I love it. But I am getting my good will power back again, isn't it nice when you try something and it works and you can live with it.. so far so good anyway..

We are having a mini blizzard here. I live across the road from a lake but at the moment with the snow and blowing I can't even see the lake.. it is suppose to last till this evening, we are to get 3-5 inches of new snow and then it is to quit just like that.. it started around noon. I went to town this morning and it was lovely out.. first time all year they called it right. I went to Hallmark this morning, they have so many lovely pieces there, I could go hog wild shopping there.. for myself as well as others.. I did get myself a teapot candle burner that you put the tea lite on the bottom and the tart on the top.. lit it when I got home, with wild pansies.. whole house smelled like it, course now the chocolate has taken over...anyway in case you couldn't tell I am in a jolly good frame of mind and mood today.. have been all week, I think its cause I am so determined this time and it is co-operating.....

I am painting a sign for work, so better get back to it.. was letting the first coat dry. So will check in later...

Dahlia
Hope you're all having a super day too
Old 03-08-2003, 03:54 PM   #97  
Connecticut

Afternoon --

Watching a UCONN basketball game. Good game -- they are winning . Did two miles on the treadmill as we are going out to eat tonight which means wine -- I like to take it easy food-wise on the weekends. I'll never stick with it M-F if I have to be totally strict on the weekends. As long as the scale goes down on a monthly basis, I am OK with this.

Dahlia, wow, I would say you sound like you are in 7th heaven -- endorphins must be flying thru your system! Hmmm, my stomache loves chocolate -- in case you'd like to share the recipe, we're here. Kudos on the weight loss -- we do get in a good mood when that scale looks good!

I love Hallmark -- so many pretty things -- more than a card shop now. I bet your home smells so pretty!

Cathy, once you got to England the last time, you were so glad you went. Go to the doc, get some valium, stay up the night before, and sleep all the way there -- I know you'll go once you get those pics!!

Howdy Ms. Pam!

OK, time to check my WW site and journal my 2 pt activity -- means more wine!

I was going to say something else and it just blew out of my mind ...

Oh, now I remember, I started taking the new One-A-Day Vitamins for Weight Stress -- I don't know whether they work on your metabolism or not, but I am more energetic.

OK, back to basketball -- catch ya on the rebound!
Old 03-09-2003, 07:55 PM   #98  
Ginny

Hello ladies,

NOt much activity on the thread on weekends, hope all are just busy enjoying their families and friends. I had a good weekend.
I got a lot accomplished and even had some *ME* time.. I finally got to finish reading a book I started months ago. Went to see Chicago with dh this afternoon, then bought him supper for sitting thru it with me.. He just doesn't like musicals that much. But I thoroughly enjoyed it,, so I owe him one..

On weekends I decided to allow myself a desert if I wanted it or a special treat, so I won't feel deprived.. plus on Sundays I can eat a special breakfast of bacon or sausage and egg. The rest of the week its only a bowl of cereal, slice of toast and my pills. Yogurt for break, a lean cuisine for lunch, a cup of coffee or tea for afternoon break with some fruit, then a light supper. I eat a normal supper but am watching the portions... it is something I can live with, and I don't feel deprived plus the scale is moving in the downward direction...

It is still so cold, and the wind just won't quit. Well, going to go sit and snuggle with dh... hi to Pam, Miegg, coolmom, grandma G.
terry, and everyone else.. have a great evening. Catch ya all later,
Dahlia
Old 03-09-2003, 08:14 PM   #99  

Hi everyone! Sorry I couldn't check in earlier...very busy weekend. I am still working on my children's show (choreographing) and then running errands seems to fill the rest of the weekend.

I lost 1/2 pound this week. I even cheated and had alot of sugar and bread for 2 days this week. The atkins site I go to says that sometimes eating carbs does lead to weight loss. It must shock your system or something.

Looking forward to working out tomorrow morning. I made 100 cookies for the kids in the show and my co-workers. I am bringing them to celebrate st. pat's. I also am finishing another sweater this week.

I bought a case of san pelligrino at costco, i figured that would help me get my water intake up. I must say, i am really very happy right now - despite that fact that money is tight and my job is not the most fulfilling in the world. what i mean is that losing 19 pounds really has improved my attitude about myself, and my life. i am painting my nails again, wearing my jewelry again, wearing makeup again, dyed my hair red again, cut it even shorter - the list goes on and on.

the biggest change shocked even me. my favorite lunch for as long as i can remember was a grilled cheese and fries. i cheated and had one. you know what? it really wasn't that great. and it isn't like i even felt bad afterwards - it just really wasn't as good as i remembered it. it is like i don't need it anymore - my tastes have changed that much.

Dahlia - congrats on the two pound loss! good for you!

Pam - great job on the 1.2 pound loss!

Let's hope for an OP monday!!
Meg
Old 03-09-2003, 09:57 PM   #100  
Woman on a Mission

Hey all,

Hope you've had a great weekend. Mine wasn't too shabby at all. I went overboard on food today but did get my workout in so all was not lost. DH and I went to Church today for the first time ever. I'd attended a few times during my life but never felt comfortable there. We tried a new one today and we're both cautiously optimistic that we may have found a "fit".

Also heard news today that FIL may be released to go home in the next few days rather than going back to the rehab center. It will depend on his test results but his new Dr. seems to think he doesn't need the Glenrose Rehab program. His blood sugar levels are still pretty funky though so I'm not sure what to think. Dad was in good spirits today although he had nothing good to say about the hospital food

Dahlia, you are sounding so positive and I love to read about you feeling good. You are doing a very good think by recognizing that deprivation leads to failure and I applaud your efforts. Great job on the loss and great job on the Live-It (to quote our darling Grandma G)

Meg, you too are an inspiration. You sound all fired up and I'm so proud of your effort. Joining the gym and finding a plan that makes you feel better about yourself??? Awesome start to the new year. As you get happier with yourself you will find that other aspects will fall into place too.

Cathy, Terry...how are you girls doing today? Hope you two weren't wicked last night...maybe that's why you're so quiet today huh? Just kidding...I was in bed by 10:00 last night so no party animal here

Well off to get my stuff ready for work tomorrow. Will be a busy week so will hopefully find time to pop in tomorrow.

Hugs to you all,

Pam
Old 03-09-2003, 11:43 PM   #101  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Evening Ladies...i finished cleaning the woodstove room today and even polished hubby's 1963 Triumph motorbike that he keeps in there tomorrow i'm going to go through all the decorating/paint supplies that i keep under the stairs and have a good clean up there and then (if i feel like it) i'll do the laundry room..it needs de-fluffing i walked 4 miles today..forced myself to go an extra mile because i did'nt do anything yesterday i was watching Shaft while i was on the treadmill and its amazing what a good action filled film will do for my legs when the guns come out you would think they were after me because i go like the clappers
Meg and Dahlia..congrats on the weightloss
Pam..no mad night on the tiles for me just a wild night at the workshop with hubby a roaring woodstove and a few bud's (the bottled kind)
Terry..i guess thats what i'll do..get some 'happy' pills and just go
Old 03-10-2003, 07:23 AM   #102  
Connecticut

Morning!

D-Day is here -- translation: back to work day! You'd swear I was going back to school and it was the first day. Went to Staples and bought my favorite pens, post-its, a new calendar, got my tote all organized.

Nervous about fitting in WATP and staying OP -- the store is sandwiched between a Pizza Hut and a Dunkin Donuts. Pizza Hut is always sending over free pizzas. I figured I would just put them in the back room -- out of sight, out of mind! I am bringing my own lunch so I won't be tempted too. Planning right??!

Everyone's in such a good mood!

Meg, they say it takes 3 months to establish a new routine and new habits -- sounds like your body is adjusting very nicely to your new lifestyle. Amazing isn't it -- when you feel good about yourself, the whole world around you looks better. What children's show are you working on? Sorry to be so nosey but it sounds like you are a busy women despite work!

Cathy, I can just see you running on the treadmill during Shaft. I hope Olivia gets to know what a crazy grandma she has! 4 miles is awesome -- gave you a lot of energy for the workshop . Hubby must be smiling today -- now that his Triumph is nice and shiny, that is!

Pam, what denomination was the church? We're Catholic and I just remember our pastor telling Russ that it's really what's in your heart that counts. With Russ working 6 days a week, Sundays are his only day to sleep in late. And, when he's working 7 days a week, forget it. I really liked this priest -- did I ever tell you he was murdered a few years ago? Someone broke into the church and bludgeoned him to death. A very sad time.

Hey, good news that your FIL may be coming home -- must be feeling better if he knows the food is bad!

Sounds like you had a good weekend, too, Dahlia! Portion control is my biggest problem and I blame it on my mom -- she always had huge meals especially on Sundays. The Italian in her! Of course, I didn't have to eat it all either but she's a good cook . I swear, I can eat more than my DH especially if it's pasta and bread -- my weaknesses.

Well, better get a move on here -- make the beds, etc and then do my WATP. I know if I leave it for when I come home from work, I'll be too tired. Have a great Monday and I will see you all tonight -- if I don't fall asleep early that is!

Always, Terry
Old 03-10-2003, 09:55 AM   #103  

Good Morning!

Terry - where are you working? I must have missed this. Are you starting a new job? Good for you on bringing your lunch. It really does make a huge difference, because you aren't tempted to order something off-program. I brought in food for this week, and stock-piled my work fridge. I am buying alot of yarn lately, so I would rather spend the $ on that.

Pam, I think it is very cool about church. I feel out of sorts when it comes to religion. My parents moved 6 mos. after I was born into a bigger house (they still live there 33 years later). They never found a new church. My sister is a little over-the-top when it comes to religion (in my opinion), which is kind of a turn off. My husband and I are trying to figure out what to do, and if we should start investigating finding a church. I think what you are doing is just great! - and good news about your FIL being released.

I am working on Annie Get Your Gun. My mom founded Children's Theatre of Winnetka in like 1974. She has been directing a musical in the spring every year since. I have been choreographing for the past 10 years. My sister joined as co-choreographer last year, and her husband is musical director/piano player in the pit (he joined us this year). My husband and brother help build the sets, and my dad manages our website. You can take a look at our website (which I designed) - www.childrenstheatrewinnetka.com. On it you can see our shows thru the ages, as well as a lot of photos from our fall production of Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Check out "Current Happenings" and CTW Retrospective" for the photos. Let me know what you guys think if you go to the site.

Well, I worked out this morning. I feel great. It wasn't even hard getting up at 5:30. And yesterday we totally cleaned the house so it was nice to wake up and have everything spotless. I am taking some of my clothes to be tailored at lunch today. I think it will inspire me to keep going if I have clothes that really flatter me. They are so big in the waist, that I look heavier than I am. What is the point?

Hope everyone has a great day. I will check in soon.
Meg
Old 03-10-2003, 02:31 PM   #104  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies
Meg..i've just looked at your website and i'm really impressed it is so professional you should be proud of yourself and your family
the productions looked really professional too
I'm sure you will look great in the 'fitted' clothes..good for you for taking that step
Terry..stuck in the middle of a Dunkin Donuts and a Pizza Hut it reminds me of that 'ad' for Oreo's.."i'm squeezed in the middle..smack dab in the middle" don't know if you get that one..it's kinda cartoony with everyone singing on a bus
All i've achieved so far today is to feed hubby and take all the paint cans out from under the stairs..will go and vacuum..mop.. caulk around the trim and then re-organise everything in a minute...wonder if there are any 'action' movies on today? Y & R does'nt get very exciting
Old 03-10-2003, 02:34 PM   #105  
Gym'll fix it!!

that ad has just come on and its for 'chips ahoy' cookies not oreo's still funny tho' and will forever remind me of Terry
Closed Thread