Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Sum38 and K9O, I'm going to try the psyllium fibre. Do you find it to be less harsh on your system?
Musical Austronaut and Mylifeswork I'm hoping against recent results that I start losing again. I know how frustrating it is that only weeks before one is losing 2lbs a week, and then it suddenly comes to a halt, no matter what one does.

Last edited by forloveofself; 11-26-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #77  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

LoS: yes! No bloating, no cramping with psyllium. I sometimes take it in the a.m & another at bedtime. But mostly, just in the a.m.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #78  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Sat Nov 26
B= 2 c mik, vits, 2 slices Cinnamon bread French Toast {made by Hubby}, maple syrup
L= Chickfila grilled wrap, Honey Mustard sauce, small Peppermint Choc milkshake {TOM related}
D= chicken and veggies, pumpkin pie, 3 cookies
E= 50 or so 'swings' with my new kbell to break it in.

Musical, welcome, glad to have you join us.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
We had a nice time at dinner. My SIL just found the 'lost' recipe for Gma Maedell's {MIL's Mom} pecan pie. Madell died before I started dating Hubby but she was apparently a great cook! I had made a pecan pie for Hubby but it wasn't as good as the one SIL made from the recipe.

Today we did some Christmas shopping and then the groc shopping. We didn't buy many presents but had fun looking around. The groc shopping wore us out; we went to a different store than usual, and I didn't know where anything was so we had to backtrack a lot.

I bought myself a 10lb kettlebell at Marshall's for $17. I have a 5,15, 25# but thought the 10 would be a good transition between the 5 and 15.
PP, how do you like the kettlebells? It is one thing that I don't have in my "gym" and have considered adding some on many occasions. Do you follow a particular workout? Maybe that would be a good Christmas idea for someone. I do have one 8# medicine ball that I use once in a while, but that is different.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #80  

I splurged again yesterday . Totally not in the plans, but oh well, it is the past and today is a new day. On plan all week.
I am starting P90X today , I just installed a pullup bar in my basement "gym", I cannot even do one whole pullup! How sad. I am motivated and will do an unassisted pullup someday. Maybe that will be one of my New Year's resolutions. I watched my boys horse around on in and was totally jealous! I always wanted to everything the boys did when I was younger, such a tomboy. Now I am part tomboy and part girly-girl
I am nervous to start because I know it is going to be intense, but most of you know I am pretty stubborn, I will stick with it no matter how many modifications I need to make (right now). I thought the whole family was going to do it with me, but now I think it is going to be just me Oldest DS is starting winter weight lifting at school this week, youngest isn't interested in spending the time at it and DH has other (more cardio) plans. Boo.
So thats my plan, just focusing on getting through each week.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #81  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Weight 158

Plan:

Walk 3 miles

72-80 oz of water

Bfast
Bob Evans - Original Pork Sausage Patties, 1 patties
Cream - Half and half, 1 tbsp
Tomato - Small 100g - Tomato - Small 100g, 200 g
Dairy - Egg Over-Easy, 2 egg

Lunch
Dole - Bag Lettuce, 1 1/2 cup
Cucumber - With peel, raw, 200 g
Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average, 1 medium whole (2-3/5" dia)
Salad dressing - Italian dressing, 2 tbsp
Generic - Large Grilled Shrimp, 6 oz
Onions - Raw, 40 g

Dinner
Kraft - Mexican Style Four Cheese - Shredded , 1/4 cup
Homemade - Taco Meat - 15 Ounces of Lean Ground Beef and 1 Taco Seasoning Packet, 4 ounces
Onions - Sweet, raw, 100 g
Dole - Bag Lettuce, 1 1/2 cup
Fresh Gourmet - Tortilla Strips Tri-Color, 2 Tbsp (7 g)
Great Value (Wal-Mart) - Black Beans (Canned), 1/2 cup
Generic - Roma Tomato, Small, 1 plum tomato (62g) small

Snacks
TBD

Calories 1113 (+250 cal for snacks) Carbs 72 Fat 43 Protein 97

Last edited by Sum38; 11-27-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #82  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Jo I can't do any I have always had very weak wrists -- Knowing you; at the end of 2012, you will do 50 at a time

forloveofself this is my 3 rd day...I was quite bloated last night...but I read it was a normal reaction, at first, and would go away in a few days. I woke up this morning and I feel good and not bloated. I was able to use the potty right upon wakening as well So i will give it a go and see what happens. I will report back

mylifeswork Welcome! Remember we dance slow here

MusicalAstronaut Jo has been excellent what comes to working through her obstacles...she is the queen of tricking her system and is a wealth of good info. -- Welcome and stick with us!

PP I told you this before, I love your avi! It looks just like my Shadow

Krystal I hope you had fun with kiddies!

Last edited by Sum38; 11-27-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #83  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I always fall of the water wagon...and each time I climb back on; takes me days to to start losing the water I am drinking. -- I "feel" thinner this am, but I think I am hanging onto the 80 oz of water.... weight is the same as yesterday and day before...
Old 11-27-2011, 08:56 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I always fall of the water wagon...and each time I climb back on; takes me days to to start losing the water I am drinking. -- I "feel" thinner this am, but I think I am hanging onto the 80 oz of water.... weight is the same as yesterday and day before...
I know what you mean. They say the more you drink, the more water you lose, but I don't know if it works that way for me. I have been bad with my water lately. Need to work on that. For a while, I kept a 16 ounce cup on top of the fridge above the water dispenser and every time I pulled together a meal, I drank one of those. Helped with hunger and getting the water in, but I got away from it as soon as the cup went into the dishwasher I think I will get that cup back up there!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalAstronaut View Post
I'll share. I feel like I've been stuck around 192 forever. I trained for & ran a 10K to try to boost my weightloss (doubling my time/distance I ran) and at most I barely made it down to 188 in 2 months. And that was only on a couple lucky days. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! ((
We have very similar stats! I will try to help. I am curious, how much are you eating and how much are you burning a day? I would be willing to bet you are not eating enough and your body is holding onto every morsel to support all that running. We all think the less we eat and the more exercise we do, the faster we will lose, but the body doesn't work that way, as I have found out the hard way.
Go to this site
http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
plug in your info to see what your BMR is. Once you find this out, you need to eat at least this much every day. Your BMR is what you would burn if you were lying in bed in a coma, just to support your bodily processes. Most of us trying to lose weight eat below that which is craziness. That site believes you should eat what your goal weight self will eat. It will give you a recommendation according to your stats and your activity level (read all the way down the results page). Compare that to what you have been eating and go from there. I did get off a long plateau by eating more!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #86  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Jo I bought one of these from Starbucks

http://www.starbucksstore.com/Holida...cgid=drinkware

It holds 24 oz and I keep it on kitchen counter. I refill it 3 times.... It is my reminded
Old 11-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Jo I bought one of these from Starbucks

http://www.starbucksstore.com/Holida...cgid=drinkware

It holds 24 oz and I keep it on kitchen counter. I refill it 3 times.... It is my reminded
Oh, that is too cute!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Well, I weighed in at 193 today, which means that I have officially lost all of the weight (7 lbs) I "gained" from Thanksgiving. Yay! Hopefully, tomorrow at my official weekly weigh-in I can get down to 192 and post a net loss for the week of Thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #89  
~Krystal~

Good late morning all

to all of the new faces that have joined us.
It is great to have each of you on this journey with us.
Our goal is to stay accountable & share our experiences, so that we may become more informed and educated through each other.

We did not get to go bowling last night.
We went, but when we got there, they were starting neon bowling.
It was going to cost us $60 for 4 people (w/a 6 yr old) for 1 hr!!
I knew he would be to tired to stay for the allotted 3 hrs!
So, we rented Zookeeper & Fast 5.
We still ended up having a TON of fun (& no the 6 yr old wasn't allowed to watch the latter show)
I ate waaaaay to much after 6pm, including popcorn & Almond Joy Bites!

This is one of the reasons why I take my cooler everywhere!
But, I hadn't packed it tonight

I know some people have scheduled cheat days, but I find it too hard for me to get back OP after 1 of these! I realize I just have to do it, but cravings after high amounts of processed carbs are killer!
It also doesn't help that TOM is here

Cals Saturday: ~1700 (Home made Shrimp Egg Rolls, Protein Shake, Strawberry Cottage cheese, cake, sweet potatoes, forementioned junk, coffee)
Exercise Rest Day
80 oz Water

Work tonight!
Have a lovely Sunday!

No weigh in today
I am starting to NOT do this everday! Yaaaa

Last edited by K9Owner; 11-27-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #90  
~Krystal~

Jo: I know you want a lovely variation for using that pull-up bar ((giggles))
And you know I have JUST the workout tutorial for you!
2 vids actually, so enjoy! Vid 1 Vid 2
1/2 way through Vid 2 is a very nice tutorial on how to use that bar with a chair!!
Closed Thread