Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #46  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Happy Thanksgiving to my new and "old" on line friends.

I hope your day will be filled with love!

I appreciate you so much!!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #47  
Fat to Fab and Fit

So what's on your menu?

Mine;
Turkey
Turkey Gravy; it is amazing!
Garlic and chive mashed potatoes
Cornbread and caramelized onion dressing
Christmas salad; spinach with avocado, pomegranate seeds and orange as a star
Colorful fruit salad
Baguettes

I am serving as game snacks

mini swedish meatballs
Variety of crackers topped with
- smoked salmon
- caviar
- crab spread
- beef tenderloin ans horse radish
- apple and blueberry cheese

Desert;
pumpkin cheesecake

I think I will gain 10 pounds

Last edited by Sum38; 11-24-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Princess, are you having pot pies? If so, I love those buggers, I still buy them once in a while. If not, please tell me what popeyes are. Like k9 said, no judgements here!
Popeyes is a delicious chicken fast food restaurant franchise in the U.S. Today, I will be having:

Spicy Popeyes chicken
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Macaroni and cheese
Biscuits
Apple pie and Cool Whip (if I decide to visit the store today, which is looking highly doubtful as the minutes tick away)
Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #49  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

We had a nice time at my parents. I went to church with them this morning, then we came back to the house, picked up the food I had made and the dog, and headed out. Hubby joined us when he got off work. Since my parents live out in the country April had a great time sniffing around, but she overdid it and was favoring her surgery leg {again} so she's back in the crate for the night! Poor dog!

I felt I did very well, I had more sweets than a normal day but a lot less than I did last year. I didn't overeat and feel good about my choices.

Menu
Turkey and gravy
sweet potato casserole
green bean casserole
stuffing made from my homemade bread {that was really good!}
cranberry sauce
pumpkin pie for us girls; pecan for the guys
cranberry white choc blondies {not as good as they sounded}
Old 11-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #50  

I am so full and my fingers already feel swollen!!! This feeling is why I like to be on plan!

What I ate: (all homemade by me, the way I like it)
Turkey
Turkey gravy
Mashed potates
Stuffing
Green bean casserole
Deviled eggs
Lite mousse
Brownie
Vanilla ice cream
One glass Chardonnay

Oh, and during football earlier in the day, cheesy nacho dip and chips

I fell asleep in my recliner after it was all cleaned up, and woke up to the sound of kids up to something, they were getting ready to go out shopping with dad! Seriously is he crazy? Trying to hit some midnight deals tonight.

I am looking forward to my workout in the morning, I am meeting my friend for our hour walk at 9, but I may get a run in before or after that.

Princess, okay, that pop eyes sounds good, have never eaten at one of those, hope you enjoyed it!
Old 11-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #51  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Thanksgiving Damage Report
Turkey (1st time making one with brine. I cooked it for 6 hrs--too long, but DH loved it)
Chicken and Dressing (about 1.5 cups in 2 meals)
Sweet Potato Souffle'
Potato Salad (Mom's Home made)
Ham
Cranberry-Pear Relish
Green Beans

I had a regular size plate of food for lunch and a salad plate size for dinner. I had maybe 6 pieces of Almond Joy candy that looked like M&Ms (my sis bought these for game snacks).

Now for the BEST part.

Usually, I would eat dessert before our meal. Then, afterwards, I would get a salad plate of my fave ones and eat them right after lunch. NOT TODAY!

I waited four hours after lunch to have dessert, and I had only ONE thing!
A small piece of home made double layer coconut cake that my mom made! I can ALWAYS count on her to fix something I DON"T need to eat!
I also had 1.5 cups of coffee after lunch with a divine Pumpkin Spice Liqueur--better than S''bux PS latte! It was NOT like Tortuga Rum Liqueur--not nearly as smooth, and I couldn't shoot it.

Now for a list of food I neglected:
Chocolate Pie
Pecan Pie
Carrot Cake--Home made by my sis
Grape Salad--took 2 TBS bites for lunch and 2 for dinner ( I could have devoured the entire salad)
Mountain Coffee Rum Cake--took a small bite of this and said it defo was NOT worth the cals! I wanted to LOVE this flavor like I did the coconut and banana.
Greens
Yeast Rolls--BIG success here! My fam NEVER eats a meal without bread!
Biscuits--home made y my brother
Deer Steak and Gravy
Butter Beans
Greens
Nutter Butter Acorns--I made these for game snacks
Cherry Salad
Merlot!--You heard right!! When I wanted a glass, we were going to watch a movie, and I needed to take a Tagamet and had water instead.
Fried Chicken
Deviled Eggs
Butternut Squash Apple Cranberry Bake

I think that is the complete list. I may be missing something. But seriously, considering--I think I ate probably 2500 cals.

I did get 64 + oz of water in today AND for the FIRST time ever--I ran/walked on my for 250 cals worth! I managed a 2 hr nap during the movie and ended the night around 11pm CST.

On our way home, DH and I had to drive past Kohl's to get home--it's about 0.5 miles from our house & the line was wrapped around the building to get inside. NO THANKS! (it's mostly a clothing/linen/kitchenware shop) There is NOTHING I need nor want for that type of wait! UGH!

Side Note: For the first time ALL yr, I watched Dr. Phil with Chelsey--my only niece. The show was about the heaviest lady living--700 lbs!!! I was almost in tears viewing it. I identified her only son as her enabler! WoW is all I kept saying.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #52  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Krystal - Thank you so much for the invite... This has so become my normal!

I have caught up reading the other posts...and all I have to say is: I feel ya! Fortunately some of you I have on MFP so we all know each other's struggles to see any movement in the right direction on the scale

I did good yesterday with my eating, and then burned a bunch of calories doing Black Friday shopping throughout the night... so, even without "seeing" results, I am still proud of myself for doing it right
Old 11-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #53  
~Krystal~

I HATE being off plan!
I actually did more damage with the pre-T'giving than I did yesterday!

TOM is right around the bend for me as well. So, it's pretty much certain to say water will be sticking to my abs like glue!
I don't care! As long as I'm not crampy & having massive back pain, I will continue to do my ab routine!

Today is lunch with my MIL & FIL
Not as heavy as yesterday with food ((whew))!!
I am going to do my routine @ their house.
She has a "barely used" eliptical!

I forgot to mention in my post last nite an important point.
I did NOT bring any leftovers home! Not even coconut cake for today. I did bring DH 2 slices of fudge pie my mom made for him, but all of you who know me realize I wouldn't eat that!

Hope you are all enjoying your time off, decorating, playing with your babies, spending precious time with your families, making lasting memories, and enjoying a little sleep--like ME!!

Star: I'm so so glad you joined us!!

Have an awesome weekend!
Shop (online) til you drop!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #54  

Krystal, I was just thinking today, I have got to get this water weight off before TOM decides to keep it around for a while!!! Not a good combination! Good for you for all of your good choices of what you ate and did not eat, and keeping up with your exercises.

ItsMyTurn, glad you are finding the time to get back on the boards, we missed you. I was just telling Mamakat that her body is just re-adjusting, getting ready to lose again. Our bodies do that once in a while when the scale is not moving and generally you will see some inches go bye-bye during that time even when the scale is not moving. Now, for some of us the readjustment period just lasts a little longer than for others

PP, great job on your choices too and not going overboard!

AFM, got in an hour long walk with my friend and then came home and got on my dreadmill (as K9 calls it) and knocked off a long run. Burned over 1,000 calories, so that should take care of the damage from yesterday, now I just need to stay at a good deficit today.

I have to get the brownies off the cupboard! There is pumpkin pie there too, but I don't like pumpkin. So I thought, maybe I will make little dump desserts in individual containers with a little bit of brownie and a little bit of pudding mousse so that it comes out to 150-200 calorie treat that I can throw in the freezer and take out when I have room in my calorie budget and have a little sweet tooth. That would solve that issue. The rest of the leftovers are easy to work into my food budget. Mostly just turkey, potatoes and gr. beans. Feels good to not have to cook today.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I want to join this dance/thread!

I'm so slow, I think I average 10 lbs per year.

Seriously.

I blame it on the PCOS, I blame it on the calories I consume, I blame it on everything, but bottom line is that I am so slow there's no rhyme or reason to my weight loss.

I am rarely, if ever "offplan" because I've made some major life changes about why I eat certain things and not others (health, PCOS and IR) so for me it's never a temptation to just give up and eat whatever I want.

I also wonder if my lack of weight loss is at all related to the amount of exercise I'm doing (can I do too much? Yes, I think so) and I have trying to figure out if that's the case and really, how do I figure that out?!

Lastly, I'm super busy, so I probably won't check back in for a few days (it took me this long to find the thread!) but I'm so happy that everyone is writing in it. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

My own Thanksgivings report:

Super healthy except for the pear/cranberry crumble that I made. I'm not a big fan of turkey and everything else I ate was whole foods -- fresh green beans (no butter, just salt), corn on the cob (fresh) no butter or salt, homemade cranberry sauce with no added sugars, and the crumble.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #56  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Well..I certainly did not watch what I ate I kept snacking all day long.... Now I look like I am 7 months preggo

Jo; I have a wireless keyboard for my iPad plus a docking station, I love it! -- The keyboard would work with iPhone as well for texting etc...but I have a droid.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #57  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Okee Krystal.... here is my plan. -- I am a planner and if I write things down as a road map, I tend to stick to it. If I "wing" it, not so well....

So I am starting my (modified) South Beach diet tomorrow.

Menu:
Bfast 243 cal
1 Sausage patty
2 over easy eggs
tomato slices

Lunch 510 cal
Bagged lettuce
salmon (left overs) 4 oz. Cooked in dry heat.
cucumber
sweet pepper
tomato
onion
salad dressing

Dinner 503 cal
Taco salad;
- ground beef with seasoning 4 oz
- canned black beans
- Shredded cheese
- lettuce
- tomato
- 2 tbls tortilla strips

Total cal 1256. I will add two snack... maybe Chobani yogurt, plain. And apple with pb or celery with laughing cow cheese... snack allowance max 250 cal.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #58  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Hi Rana... I lost 10 pounds this year.... so I hear you
Old 11-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #59  
~Krystal~

Rana: Glad to know we are not alone in this quest. Just check in when you can. Most of us lead busy lives & have weird schedules I have found!
Maybe there is a connection b/t being so busy & losing so slowly despite being OP

Kristiina: Stick to that plan like crazy glue!
Old 11-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #60  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did 32min of cardio/weights. We go to my InLaws for dinner tonight, so the celebration isn't quite over!

Rana, welcome, glad to have you join us. I admire that you stay on-plan with such dedication.

K9, I hate to blow your theory but I"m about the least 'busy' person I know and I've always thought that contributed to why I lose weight slowly, since everyone else is running around while I stay at home.

Sum, I like your plan! I think you have the right idea to plan ahead. If you don't know what the rules are you can't play by them.

Jo, I like your idea of freezing the desserts! I like to bake 'treats' and then freeze them to get them out if sight. I volunteered to make cookies for a luncheon next week so I'm trying to plan what to make and when to make them for the least temptation. I know should make something I don't like but rarely do.

MyTurn, I like your name! I have to keep reminding myself that e3en if I don't see the results of weightloss, making the right choices is still important to my overall health.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 11-25-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Closed Thread