Old 02-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #91  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Aaron, I am happy for your loss!! and jealous that you really seem to be able to drop a few pretty quickly but I know it takes work so congrats!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Aaron awsume job on the weightloss!

I am now back on nite shift at work. Today is the end of my 1st week. Its been a very LONG week as I had to work days Sunday & Monday had Tuesday off then started nites Wednesday. I had 1 day off this week. The good thing is I now have the next 4 days off before going back to work. Adjusting to nites is hard but I do enjoy them more as its more laid back & not all the BS drama stuff as days.

My 1 yr at IBM was Jan. Afew weeks ago my Team lead pulled me aside & told me he is trying to create a postition that he wants to put me in, plus told me he wants me to write up the dispatchers documentation. I have only been a true dispatcher since September (I think) He told me that he wanted me to do it since it looks like I seem to do more then the other dispatchers in my group. Its kinda funny cuz when I started at IBM I was talking to another new hire & told them Id like to be like my husband & be in a manager role with in 5 yrs. I am now not real sure I want the manager position after being here for a yr but am on my way. I know I will upset a few people in the process. Just the new position will upset afew. They all say its the yes man that moves forward & yes I do what I am told but at the same time I have gave my imput on different things in the department & continue to learn more about the job.

I have been amazed that I have not gained any weight this winter as I have mentioned before I had been eating more then usual but think I got that under control again. I have been going from 126 - 128. I have been very stressed lately & not just with my D that I am going threw. Not sure I can say that yet as we have not filed yet. But my sister needs to have a heart moniter surgicaly installed & kept for the next 2 yrs, not sure when it will be installed yet. I have another friend that will be having surgery on the 20 if its not postponed again. He has a tumer that is cancer in his stomach & while they did some of the tests to make sure he can handle the surgery they found out that he has issues with a ventrical in his heart. A different friend may have Hodgkin decease. On top of that DS father has a spot in his lung that he doesnt want to go have checked out farther.

I would LOVE to go on vacation again! How far in advance do you need to know? If I can find a good deal on airline tickets (& actuelly have money in the account) I would love to take you up on that deal. If you cant tell by my post I need another vacation

Well better go it getting close to the end of my shift. Plus I am sure you all have had enough of my crazy spelling cuz I am pretty much seeing cross eyed at the moment. I am still adjusting to to the nite thing & not sleeping the best during days quite yet.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

Well- Good morning everyone!
Been busy the last week or so, haven't been on the puker.(fiance's name for computer). I have lost a 3 more pounds. Yippee! Really noticing the muffin top reduce! I had to run a short, I mean SHORT, distance yesterday to get to my car fast and my butt barely bounced. Man did that feel cool! Kinda dumb to notice that, but noticing it at all was great! I laughed at myself in the car! It's a start to getting my motorcycle butt back. No candy for me on V day! Having steak and veggies at a resturant tuesday night. I want to send you all a flower for valentines day!---- Hang in there Bikers, we can do anything we put pur minds to. Remember if you are hungry drink 2 glasses of water walk out of the room and do a quick chore- sweep the floor, take the shredding to the shredder etc... and the feeling will go away. Food is to nuorish, not to give us something to do when we're board. This thinking has helped me a bunch! Blessed day everyone!
wyo1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Happy Valentines Day tomorrow

Dawn--you do have lot's of people with troubles around you! Best wishes to them. Good that you are there for them all. Just don't forget YOU! Good job at IBM.

Vacation though Royal Holiday isn't any trouble. Just need to pay the all inclusive fee up front. Winter holidays are the busiest for them and the most difficult to schedule. Should be good now. I would be happy to check on availability any time. Just need to know when and where you would like to go, and with how many people. No limit.

Anyone doing fun stuff for Valentine's Day?

Last edited by 2times2much; 02-14-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #95  
Biker Chick!

good evening! wyo, you are such a lively-sounding person congrats on your losses already, hooray for less jiggling!! I am looking forward to less jiggling in my tummy. thanks for our Valentine's flowers!

Colleen - no plans for us for Valentine's Day. Unfortunately I have a fire dept. aux. meeting at 7. DH is acting pouty about that ,but we had NO plans, he hadn't said that he was going to cook anything special, so whatever. I did buy him and our two sons each a little box of chocolates (four pieces) , cards, and a rose for him.

I hope there are no chocolates for me!! as much as I LOVE them, I want to resist.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #96  

Default News from the Doctor

I got the lab results from my last doctor visit, when I had bronchitis. I asked for a FSH test to see where I fit in the whole scheme of things regarding menopause. As with the last doctor, he laughed at me, and told me I was too young (46) to worry about it. I wanted the test ANYWAY I insisted. Hmmmm...seems as though I DO know me better than THEY do! The test indicateds I am POST-menopausal! Good thing, or I really feel sorry for anyone that would have to live with me for anything worse than what I have been through already! Now I'm just kind of ticked that for the last 2 years, as I've been struggling with all this BS, if a doctor would have listened to me there may have been some relief available! I also got the results that I could have told them too...cholesterol is high, and glucose high too. Glucose bothered me a little. Diabetes runs in the family...I'll have to look into that a little further. Being I sit in front of a computer all day long, I've done some research. I'm not really loving my options. Exercise?! That is almost like a foreign language to me! Guess I better get to thinking a little harder about getting to know "it"!

I took the kids each a DQ frozen cake today for a belated Valentine's day gift. They seemed to welcomed! It was customer appreciation day--everything was 1/2 off!

It sure seems that it should be FRIDAY, not Wednesday! Too long of a week! With too grumpy of customers!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #97  
Biker Chick!

Colleen, gosh wtf that the doctors did not want to listen to you?? and then you were right. I hope the glucose condition is not serious.

I have off today, but I'm letting DH have my car, as his is in the shop for brakes (pads only we hope, not rotors. He just started noticing noise in the past day or so, hopefully not long enough for rotor damage) It's good for me to be stuck in the house forces me to do things (I hope, instead of computer/napping )

Still doing great on South Beach diet. By this time I'm supposed to be incorporating previously restricted foods, but I'm still doing OK on the first phase. The only sugar I've had is a bad cookie at work a couple days ago.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Colleen My diet may help you. I gave my package of information to a coworker of mine but I can sorta give you a run down on what I do that I remember is in the info. I dont follow it to a T but what I do does help me not have any more episodes. I know being hypoglycemic is a bit different then being diabetic but it does help keep the level where they need to be.

Carb servings are 15 per 1 serving. 2 carb servings is 30.

If I remember correctly I am aloud 1 carb serving for breakfast.
2 carb servings for lunch & dinner.

Snack between breakfast & lunch. Preferably fruit but can have up to 1 carb serving. Same for the snack between lunch & dinner. My Dr suggested a couple crackers as a snack right before bed. 4 saltines or half of a large piece of graham cracker. Peanut butter is Ok on the crackers.

Dr told me to stay away from juice even if it says 100% juice due to the way it ends up breaking down that fresh fruit is better- breaks down differently then juice. Stay away from pop or anything that has sugar added.

Dr has even told me that I am better to use the fake sugar then real sugar.

There are dfferent types of carbs (good & bad carbs) Sweet potatoes are better then white potatoes. When you can eat sweet potatoes over white. Sorry I dont remember the other good carbs. she did mention that if you eat pasta eat the whole grain/ wheat pasta.

Pay close attention to serving size for everything. If you try to stick to what the serving size is you eat alot less then just cutting back your normal serving that you take.

I eat alot of protien cuz it helps keep me fuller longer. I also crave less carbs when I eat alot of protien.

Most Veggies are good there are a few that is suggested that we stay away from or just eat a few. Sorry dont remember which.

Snack wise I got tired of eating same fruit all the time so I buy nutts, & found sweetpotato chips. There are also other stuff in the healthy isle of grocery store that I have tried but forget what I had bought & have trouble finding them again after returning to store.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #99  

Default serving size...

Dawn, you hit the nail right on the head, when you mentioned serving sizes! I have this crazy idea that if it fits in my bowl/plate--it's a serving! Like a BOX of mac and cheese will fit in 1 big shallow bowl. 1 serving right?! I SEE the problem. Correcting the problem is a whole different ball game! Thanks for your efforts in trying to explain stuff!

Holly, glad the SB diet is working for you!

I'm a big diet pop drinker. Anyone have thoughts on that? My Dad (who died) insisted that diet sodas were going to kill me--that I should just drink regular Coke if I had to have it. Somehow I think his advise was skewed, but his intentions were good.

Hi to everyone!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hello ladies and Aaron

Great job sticking teh SB diet Holly-

My week has been horrible- we did go out to eat (Asian buffet) for Valentines but other than that we don't do much
I haven't been to the gym all week either tomorrow either but hopefully Saturday I will get back on track! I really need a kick in the asssssss

WYO great job on the weightloss and sticking to plan on V Day!
Dawn great job on maintaining and 1 year at your IBM job -hope the newly created job comes your way and you enjoy it!!!

Well I am off to bed haven't been to bed before midnight all week then I am up at 5am to get DS off to work -I am beat and just need to quality sleep hours

Met with some gas companies today to go branded in the stores- which now mean I am going to Indiana in 2 weeks then if all goes well and I sign the paperwork I will then be off to San Antonio TX 3rd week in March
Very exciting stuff I am hoping to do in all the stores but need to totally
check everything out and thoroughly investigate all aspects first..... lots of work with 8 stores but will be all worth it in the end

which brings me to TGIF - whooo hoooo
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #101  
Biker Chick!

Wow reda that is a huge business deal!!

I hope you get some sleep.

(I typed this with my kindlefire in bed!!)
Old 02-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Welcome back Colleen!!!! I have missed your funny posts. I agree with you, we have a great friendship here and it is not only weight loss related. Don't beat yourself up so much about eating.... just try little things. It will happen with time.
I have slowed down quite a bit. I am working 6 days a week, but only 8 hours a day as opposed to me 14-16 for the past year and a half. I am almost done at the doctor's office though, so I will have my 2 days off a week back.
I don't blame you a bit about not working for minimum wage. Do they know what minimum wage gets them???? It gets them a minimum employee with minimum knowledge (just starting out). I am a firm believer you get what you pay for. There are some circumstances where this does not apply (a seasonal job) but NOT for a FT worker.
Also, congrats on the upcoming grandbaby!

Holly, you are doing awesome on SB. You know, my hardest thing is stopping at "one". So, when it comes to "junk", I have to do without all together.

Reda, how is your job going?

Well, I hate to be so short, (not that I could at almost 6 foot tall for a woman), but I am fighting a head cold and all that junk. I am moving slow, so I need to get my few chores done. DS1 is home from Alabama and he will be here in just a little bit.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

Good morning ladies and Aaron- (whom I haven't seen on here since I started coming???)Is Aaron our dream biker man or is he just a figment of our imagination? ha ha Does he rrrrealllly exist? ha ha Well, washed windows inside and out today- it's 40 degrees! Going for a shorty ride at noon, while it's NICE then back home to watch some NASCAR YAHOOOOOOOOO! So glad it finally started again. I am a Tony nut!! DF is a Jimmy boy. ha ha Well, having some MIO sweet tea and watching DF tear a small kitchen wall out. I have learned so many new words from him. (i already knew them, just faking it to get him to quit cussing while he works on it!) lmaf!!! Have a great day what every you are doing and smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to!

Last edited by wyo1963; 02-18-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: shitty typer
wyo1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #104  
Biker Chick!

Good morning, and I lol's at wyo's post, she is a firecracker isn't she

Yes Aaron does exist, I think we all kinda hibernate a bit during winter but are more active on here when its warm and we are on our bikes.

It is so kewl that you got out for a ride!!!!

I am psyched because I see the 140 range on the scale, haven't been in that range for a few years!! 142 was my lowest adult weight, and I can't believe I am less than 10 pounds from that goal.

Crazy busy at work because of President's Day Week. Heard that the Mountain Co. sold 10,000 advance lift tickets. The town I work in has a year round population of a little over 4000 so that is quite the increase.

Have a great day!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hello ladies and Aaron

That is great Holly in the 140's - me well I have been maintaining my weight with all this eating and no exercising this last week at all but tomorrow I am back on track - heading to the gym at 545 after I get DS off to work- at least I know I can maintain once I get to goal!!!!

Tammy glad to hear your schedule is getting back to somewhat normal
Work is great but very busy - got alot of changes coming in the future hopefully

WYO - we don't have any Stewart or Johnson fans in our house - But Nascar is huge in our household but DH started racing dirt track back in 87 and my boys race dirt track so when summer comes around we are pretty much gone every weekend unless it rains- we do plan everything around the races but do take a couple weekend vacations and do miss but boy am I a wreck and wait for the phone call on how it all went!!!!

Well today I started watching Season 3 of True Blood got halfway through it - but now Amazing Race is about to start so I better get off here and get a few things done before it actually starts

Have a Great Week!
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote