Old 04-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls and Aaron- quite slow on here lately!

WTG Holly that is great - you have been working your butt off and it is
showing

Well not much else going on around here-racing season has started so it takes up our weekends- DS (youngest) well he got mad because we wouldn't co-sign a loan for a motorcycle but he went to the bank and they gave him the loan without us signing - perfectly fine our oldest went through this a few years back ....... So he got a 2002 Yamaha R-6 he sure doesn't need to one of these with his driving -speeding record but insurance under us is $13.00 a month

Well I suppose I better get off - just wanted to check in
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Thanks you all for your encouragement!!!

Holly, Way to go on the jeans. I can relate to DH not commenting.... well not on the jeans but when I was working out so hard on the push ups he said he recognized my arms getting more defined.... which is not really what I wanted to get more defined.... but I guess it is better than him talking about a layer on me. HOWEVER, I am sure your DH realizes what a HAWT BIKER chick you are.

Reda, That was odd about the old flame contacting you.... and it is good to keep them a little jealous. Lol And, congrats to you for standing your grown and not signing on the dotted line for DS.... I know it is tough not to do things like that. But, it sounds like it all worked out.

Aaron, Hope you are doing well kicking the diet soda habit. I know it is hard.

Colleen, Dawn.... hope you are well.

Well, I have not talked about bikes for awhile.... I almost traded Ms. Dyna in yesterday for a Road King. It was SWEET.... 2011 with a little over 1k miles. Anyway, I was all for the idea, it was a good deal.... but I was going to have to ride Ms. Dyna to Memphis today..... as I put a pen and paper to the math, it just did not make sense for me to get it financially when there is nothing wrong with Ms. Dyna..... other than I thought I wanted a bigger bike with hard bags.... We still owe quite a bit on Ms. Dyna.... and in essense we would be paying them to take her..... and there is nothing wrong with her.... so, I am not getting the RK and I took Ms. Dyna out today for a ride (in the WIND)..... She is not going anywhere..... I have an emotional bond with her (VEGAS)... lol.

Ok, here is my funny riding story..... today DH passed a little garden snake, of course it balled up for me to hit and I had no choice. I picked my feet off the pegs so if I hit it I did not get it on me.... well, I did not see the hit.... but I noticed my right foot had something black and long hanging off my pants leg. So, get the visual..... very tall blonde riding bike..... with feet in the air..... screaming like a SISSY GIRL at the top of her lungs, trying to make herself not drop her bike .... only to find out what was hanging off her legs was her ding dang SHOE STRING........ not the snake she thought she hit. Yes, I was an idiot!!!! I literally made myself sick to my stomach thinking I had a snake on my leg.... even though it was just a baby non poison..... I don't do them AT ALL!

I hope you all have a good day....
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Wow! So much has happened since I posted!

Tammy, congrats on the pushups--sorry the sit-up were a bugger! Too funny about hitting the snake!

Holly, sorry to hear of Grandma. It's great that the "little middle" pants fit!

Reda--Vacations sound great! I'm ready to go too! No arrangements made, but I'M READY!

Aaron, staying off the diet road is tough! Been there, done that. Should do it again!

Hi Dawn.

More later.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #184  

OMG Tammy I am laughing so hard as I read your story to DH I have tears in my eyes crying like a baby from laughter not a baby snake!!!! To funny
TO FUNNY even though it wasn't funny for you at the time

I do also have to say Tammy I love my 2010 Roadking and the hard bags- I got a great deal on it under $14,000 and under 3000 miles- and since I am blinging it out I will be keeping it around for a long while

Well going to take Corbin the puppy out for a walk before it gets dark- have a great night
Old 04-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

The story about the snake is hilarious!!

I was talking to a friend of mine about wanting to upgrade my bike but kinda screwed since I need the money from my bike to buy a new one but yet don't want to sell it till I get a new one. I was trying not to trade it in cuz I think I can get more for it if I sell it then what I would as a trade in. He pretty much convinced me to at least go & check it out. So if I can drag my butt out of bed tomorow I will go look at the bike shop to see what they have. I'm not sure if I want or need another payment a month but a bigger bike would be nice
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #186  

Good Luck Dawn on motorcycle shopping- we have a motorcycle-atv consignment shop in Sioux Falls and can get really good deals most of the time hopefully you will find something that won"t break the bank but you will probably enjoy having alittle bigger bike

Tammy I had to post your story hope you don't mind on our Eagle Rider home page- it was so funny No names were attached

our temps got upper 80's even some 90's around the area as well
We will be riding tomorrow - whooo hoooo

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 04-26-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #187  

CC, no problem in posting the story. It is quite funny. Trust me, I don't think I am going to wear those shoes riding again. Lol

Holly, I am going to keep Ms. Dyna.... unless I get the RK (which does not make financial sense)...... but I am not going to give up riding until this little grey period goes away.

I have applied for a job at UAMS (medical college in Little Rock), but they have a branch here..... it is not police work..... but things happen for a reason and without getting too "churchy", maybe me not passing the test is a sign.... I am just trying to see which way I am supposed to go. Anyway, the job is more $, "normal"hours, and weekends and nights off.... as well as holidays. I could actually do bike rides and things on the weekend. Not to mention the job has AWESOME beneftis (it is a teaching hospital)..... but the posting is up until May 3.... so hopefully I will get an interview at least.

I hope everyone is doing well.... and enjoying the sunshine (if you are getting it).
Old 04-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #188  

Good Luck Tammy - you need to follow your heart and what you think may be the right thing to do- Awesome hours and if the benefits are good you can't ask for anything more than that Let us know if you get an interview

Weather is crappy today and tomorrow so I guess I will house clean Well we do take Corbin for his puppy training starting today and for the next 6 weeks- hope it works out- he is very smart so I think the training is really for us

Ok well I am off have a Great Weekend!

Holly if I remember right you are busy this weekend with a motorcycle raffle or get together....... Hope you have a Great Time
Old 04-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #189  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks, and Aaron

Tammy, gosh that position sounds FAB!! I sure hope you get an interview. And I'm so glad that you will just keep Ms. Dyna 'waiting patiently' for you when you are ready again

Reda, I hope puppy training goes well! Smart little guy.

Hi Dawn, Colleen, Aaron!

Yes Reda, last night we went to the Crossroads Calcutta/Raffle, their top prizes were cash, and we got very close to the end! but got pulled out. However, our consolation prize was an HD leather jacket, sized for a little kid I think if we keep it for a grandchild, it will be MANY years waiting, so we might e-bay it. I imagine they are pretty pricey, I know I paid about $300 for my HD jacket almost 10 years ago.

I did bring my Miss Crossroads 2011 sash and tiara, because I thought they might like it for promo purposes..you know, being a celebrity brings responsibilities And I got the chance to parade around wearing it, even got a music cd from the band, hah!

Well we are still totally cold here, today was bright and shiny, but it never got above 48 degrees. I want some warm weather, so I can ride again! I'ts been 9 days since I last rode. Oh well.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #190  

Default Hi

Hi all!

Diet is going okay. HAD to have some pasta today! 10 pounds a month has been my goal... so far so good! I've made the first couple months goal. Gal from work agreed to try a beginner Zumba class with me on Tuesday evenings. So if you never hear from me after next Tuesday, you will know that I died trying Zumba!!

Good luck on getting an interview Tammy! Hours should like they would be good!

Dawn, did you see any bikes you liked?

Reda, good luck on the puppy training. You are correct--the training is really not for the pup. It's the people that need to know what they are doing! Consistency... Darn puppies are smart lil' buggers, with big sad puppy dog eyes that make us forget the rules WE set!

Holly--you look great! Way to go! You are so right, that we just don't hear that often enough from the ones we WANT to say something!

Aaron, how's the pop plan? I moved all of our pop out of the house! Now I actually have to think how bad I want to go get one!! It really has helped me! I'm still bad about getting several refills when going to Subway for lunch though. Some control is better than no control I guess!

I have the Subway gals convinced to not sell me anything but salad and diet soda. Now when I go in, they start making my salad, and ask what meat I would like on it.

The new guy coming in to work isn't getting through his training as quickly as was planned for him. That is good news for me! 1 more month of employment! At least until September now. Customers are having a holy FIT that we have not been asked to stay yet. MANY policies lost due to new management coming! Mine too-- if I don't stay, my policies don't either!

Happy May Day! A new month, with another goal.

Weather should be getting better again soon too. We did plant a few flowers--hope they don't freeze! Waiting until this weekend to plant the peppers and tomatoes. I asked for NO potatoes this year. They were a pain in the rear last year! I don't have good luck keeping them from spoiling. I'd rather buy them 5-10 pounds at a time.

Hope your week is going good!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #191  

Holly, girl you always have looked great!!! Anyone who bakes and cooks as much as you do (especially at your summer job), and looks like you do should be shouting from the mountain tops that they are not bigger than the side of a barn!!! No one has the perfect diet.... and we eat extra cookies.... but we are human. I really want to do the "eat clean diet" but at the end of the day.... I am a real woman who used to ride her bike and go on poker runs.... where in God's green earth am I gonna get that stuff when I am on a ride..... but what I can do is watch what I eat as best that I can.

Colleen, you are doing soooo great!!! Keep it up girl. I am sooo glad you will be able to work another month. LMAO about the Subway girls. It is good they support you!

Dawn, have you found another bike you like yet?

Reda, How is the puppy training going?

Tammy
Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #192  

Hi girls and Aaron

Holly you sure do look Great - WTG seen your pictures on Facebook way to strut that sash

Tammy being a biker does make it hard to "eat clean" because the places that we stop at do not usually have or carry "clean eating foods"

puppy training went well I think- just getting DS to work with puppy like he is suppose to- I have been a couple times a day and we are suppose to 3-4 times a day----DH is still pissy about puppy being in teh house but I keep telling him just until Joey gets his dog house finished- and he needs to be in while we are still chilly and while we are having rainy weather- poor little guys is still scared of everything....

Have a Great Thursday Girls
Old 05-03-2012, 02:11 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone. Has anyone heard from Aaron or have I just missed his posts?

I went on the web to look at bikes & the voices in my head keep scream bills so unless I find one that is an great deal & I can get away with a very small loan a new bike is on the back burner. I need to pay for DS graduation/ going away party plus got notices that the pet licenses are due. I also got a few parking tickets that I have been putting off & think it's about time to pay them before they decide to try to tow it off.

My last Dr apt my weight was up to 131 or higher ( can't remember what it was) so I have trying to get it back down. I have been having trouble watching what I eat but it has been easier to cut back on what I have been drinking. I hopped on scale after I got up & I am back down to 125 hopefully I can stay at this point & not gain again. Not sure what will happen as I have less then a month before DS leaves. I also have an apt with a Dr. Cuz I if I'm having a hard time now I can just imagin what I'll be like when he leaves. Not that I want meds to take but at this moment I think it maybe for the best till I come to grips with it & get used to it being just me at home. I will either start pigging out or barely eat when the time comes.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #194  

Unable to sleep tonight. Might as well catch up with you guys!

Dawn, that's a whole other kind of willpower--not getting what you want because you know there are responsibilities for you to tend to! Good for you! I'm kind of an impulse buyer. Not so much at the little things. It's the BIG things...House, car, camper, furniture... I can stew for days contemplating the best detergent, paper plates, or butter to buy!! Not that it makes any sense--it's just me!

Aaron seem to be MIA. Hope all is okay. I'm just thinking he fell off the board for a while. Hope to see posts again. Hi Aaron! In case you're quietly lurking!

Reda, it's good that you are training the puppy. If you guys don't, he'll train YOU!! LOL! Been there and done that!

Tammy, you think we should start a biker bar that serves salads, and fresh fruit?! Ha! Bet that wouldn't last too long!

Holly, did you sell off the little HD jacket? What size is it? (New grandma here...always looking ahead!) So many cute clothes and cool toys for kids now!!

Hope you all have a great weekend! We are going to plant a few peppers and tomatoes. Maybe uncover the camper for the season, if we don't get too much more rain. No idea what else is in store for us. Something a little more exciting than last week would be nice!!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #195  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks! and Aaron!

Reda - glad the puppy training went well. Maybe DH will start loving the little fella soon Have you been able to ride lately? what are your temps like.

Tammy - you know, so many times I've wanted to just get out on the bike, and thought of a place for a destination, but food-wise it is just diet-killer! Yes...salad bars for bikers And I'm still laughing (sympathetically!) about the snake story

Colleen - your posts always are such a fun read but I am indignant with you about the employment situation. and I surely would not keep my policies with the company that kicks me out!
regarding the kid's leather jacket...I still have it. I actually tried to go online and get cost ideas, but I have turned up nothing similar. It is a genuine Harley Davidson jacket, it is not marked "youth" or "child" but of course you can tell it is a child's jacket because visually it is small, but the label has an "L" so it must be a Large youth/child. Are you interested? let's talk I'll send photos for comparision if you like.

Dawn - you are TINY at 125!! congrats Sorry that a new-to-you bike is not in the budget, but good for you for the $ensible thinking.

We did ride to our monthly MRO meeting on Wednesday...total cloud cover when I rode the 40 miles to DH's work to meet him, it was 60 but I was chilled!! then to meeting, and the ride home was in teh mid 40's but my core had warmed so it wasn't too bad. If we waited for warm and sunny, we'd never ride in Vermont, hah!

well gotta get ready for work. have a great day!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote