Old 02-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #226  

wvuchick, that sounds great! There are definitely some health benefits to doing this. My mood was so great yesterday and I even had less fibro pain. I was able to turn my neck farther around while driving yesterday too. I've read that it can help inflammation. I believe it is for me! I'm down another pound from yesterday too
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

I felt so much better since that first fast. I'm sure part of it is in my head. But hey if I feel better I don't care what the reason is!
wvuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #228  

I'm sure it isn't in your head, or actually it may be but not in the way you think! studies show that IF causes the brain to function better
Old 02-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #229  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Mind if I pop back in? I need some accountability. I taped a calendar on the back of my closet door to keep track of my eating and weight. I need to get this done before bathing suit season!!! No more excuses.

I feed from 5-9 M-F, eat "normally" on Saturday and usually fast on Sunday. I'm open to tweaking and/or suggestions. It just happens to be how my body wants to eat!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #230  

Hi Val,
Just wanted to say that you look great! How did you do it? All IF (I hope)?

I can't really suggest anything, since i'm so new, just wanted to say HI!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #231  
I can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuchick View Post
Hi Val,
Just wanted to say that you look great! How did you do it? All IF (I hope)?

I can't really suggest anything, since i'm so new, just wanted to say HI!
Thank you! Unfortunately I didn't discover IF until last year. I've used it mostly for maintenance. I wish I'd known about it sooner, would have made my journey a lot easier!! I get sick thinking about all the times I force fed myself when I wasn't hungry .

Hello!!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #232  

I've lost 31 lbs pre-IF. Since you are in maintenance, what do you typically eat on your non-fasting days?
Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #233  
I can do anything!

Quote:
I've lost 31 lbs pre-IF. Since you are in maintenance, what do you typically eat on your non-fasting days?
Was on maintenance... I'm done making excuses. Time to get back in it to win it!

You mean like Saturday? I'm not proud of my Saturday food choices but that will change.

Breakfast - Fruit and yogurt, Lunch... soup and salad and or sandwich/out with friends, Dinner... Pizza or something awful. . It was bad... but at least I didn't regain!

Back off starch and back on whole foods for a while. I don't want to scare everyone at the pool this summer.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:13 AM   #234  
Wife and Mother :)

S/C/G: bf 30%/16.5%/15%

Height: 5f 6

Hi ladies!

Okay, my weigh in went great! I have finally managed to break through the weight loss plateau and lost 2lbs in 2 weeks! My body fat went from 17.5% to 16.7% which is a record for me!

My stubborn lower body fat also seems to be finally coming off my thighs and bum, although my lower legs are REALLY stubborn, I think they hol the fat the longest (I blames cr@p genes!).

Anyway, just to make you aware there is an Eat Stop Eat forum on here which is very busy atm if you ladies are wanting to post there too? Some do ESE or Fast Five or IF in other windows.

I have benn doing ESE Mon and Frid and Fast 5 during the week! I take Saturdays off the plan. I will continue this until maintenance (end of April) all things going to plan and then maybe drop ESE an just use Fast 5 as a lifestyle plan!

Have a fantastic day!
gamesmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #235  

Gamesmaster, that's great on the weight loss and inches lost! I'm going to search for the other thread! thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #236  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

@gamesmaster1 I've been doing Fast 5 for maintenance for one year this month and it is fantastic for that!

@Valrock Like you, I eat as I please on Saturdays and still maintain with ease. I don't have to struggle during the week either. I'm sure I COULD regain some weight, but I'd have to work at it I think. One thing about all the years of dieting, you learn to almost instinctively avoid eating certain foods on a regular basis. That probably contributes to the ease of my maintenance because during the week, I still avoid overdoing. It is GREAT to be able to eat as I wish on Saturday though without having to worry. That gives me the motivation I need to stay on track during the week. I seldom eat before noon on Saturday which is my preference and helps too.
KTucke7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #237  

Well I weighed in this morning. Lost 2.2 lbs in one week. The last month before this weigh in, I had lost 1.2 lbs in total. So I am thrilled. I am hoping to be able to keep this pace up!

Good work gamesmaster.

I'm going to check out the ESE forum too.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #238  

Quote:
Well I weighed in this morning. Lost 2.2 lbs in one week. The last month before this weigh in, I had lost 1.2 lbs in total. So I am thrilled. I am hoping to be able to keep this pace up!

Good work gamesmaster.

I'm going to check out the ESE forum too.
Well done wvuchick! what a result See you over on ese!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTucke7 View Post
@gamesmaster1 I've been doing Fast 5 for maintenance for one year this month and it is fantastic for that!
That's encouraging! thankyou It change my eating window sometimes when i feel hungry - like today 1pm-6pm, as I got hungry earlier in the day! Means I can eat lunch at lunch time and dinner with the family!

Yesterday my 5 hour window was later in the day and I felt really bloated at bedtime with all the late night eating?!

I guess it just takes a while to find out what suits your own body/lifestyle best!
Old 02-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #240  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

It is absolutely an individual thing. My sister doesn't want to eat anything within 4 hours of bedtime. I sleep best when I eat right before bed. Whatever works!
KTucke7 is offline   Reply With Quote