Old 09-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #16  

Maggie -- Thanks for sharing the website; I will take a look and see what it is all about. No, we aren't practicing Christmas music yet. One year we presented a program between church services to raise money for sending all the bells off to be reconditioned, tuned, and polished. It took a lot of practice time, but it was fun and people were very generous with their donations. I haven't had corn nuts in forever! I always worried about breaking a tooth so would let them get soggy before I tried to chew them.

Susan -- I'm glad you had the spot on your leg checked; it's good to be safe. I've never heard of porokeratosis. I just found a jar of salve I got from the dermatologist for my finger eczema. The date was 10/08 when I was still in school. He suggested one of the causes could be stress and I guess it was because I haven't had any trouble since I retired that next spring. Do you think the stiffness will eventually be gone in your knee? I can tell mine get stiff when I sit too long in the car. I will mention to Bob about putting nitrogen in the car tires. I wonder if that is done up here.

Gail -- Hope all is well with you and yours.

It will be time for the news in a few minutes and then I am heading off to bed. I do have my doctor appt. in the morning, need to take books back to the library, and get a few groceries. See you tomorrow!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #17  

Good morning to you all! Thank you all for my lovely birthday wishes. I got tons on my facebook acct too and Jack gave me the lovliest card. Jay called and I talked to him and Kelly emailed me with a birthday wish and plans for us to all have dinner together for our birthdays. While I was typing my phone rang and I said hello and I heard "Hi, Nonny, Happy Birthday!" It was Jackson. Mom said it got late last night so she said they would call this morning. He was all excited he just finished his first "big boy" book, Captain Underpants. I think I bought him that book quite awhile ago. He was telling me all about it so it started my day off right. Had a lovely birthday dinner out with Jack last night. We had prime rib and a piece of cheesecake to share, though I only ate two bites. Jack is a cheesecake lover so I let him eat it besides I certainly don't need the calories.

I have to tackle that pantry today as my muscle in my arm was so sore yesterday I sat with a heating pad on it most of the day. Jack is a genius and figured out a way to keep it around my arm. He took one of the wide ace bandages they had on his knee when he had surgery and wrapped it around my arm to secure the heating pad. Kept it in place and I kept the heat on low so it didn't burn me. It is much better though still a bit sore this morning. At least I can move my arm.

Jean: No, had nothing to do with knitting. It is my right arm for one thing and my left shoulder is what gets to hurting if I knit too long. It was also in the muscle in the upper inner part of my arm so it had something to do with something I lifted or somehow put strain on it that way, but I have no clue. Hope bell practice went well for you. The week before I got married I had what the dr said was psoriasis all over my face from stress. It looked awful but nothing much I could do. It did go away before the wedding thankfully. Cotton is a very very hearty plant and so the government mandates crop rotation because it destroys the soil so badly. Like Susan

Susan: Jack's dr said that if his knee doesn't improve they are going to put gel into it. The left one was a lot more damaged than the right one ever did. I don't know if I ever said what happened with that one, but he got down on his knees to change a tire a few years back and he said something popped. He had trouble from then on. I am reading a novel where there is a lot of talk about quilting and quilting stories. It is a murder mystery, but the leading character runs a co-op of artists in California and has a lot of quilts. Have you come across quilters that recreate famous paintings? One of the characters liked Georgia O'Keeffe paintings and did quilts with her paintings on them. I don't think I have ever seen paintings done in quilting.

Maggie: Thanks for the website. I plan on buying the "eat this not that" book too. I always find his information so informative. Spooky truly what we put in our mouths sometimes and don't realize it is hundreds and hundreds of calories and fat.

Well gals, to work, to work I go. I am doing laundry and going to get that darn pantry cleaned today so want to get started. Have a grand Thursday all! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day here in the Heartland in the 70's. Sunshine and no wind. Love it. I got 8 hours of wonderful uninterupted sleep last night and feel wonderful. I sure hope that our garden next year doesn't get sun baked. We lost so many plants this year that were just budding. The plants got nice and big but they had lost their buds so didn't produce. We are thinking seriously about buying screening material and make a tent over the garden next time. I remember when we stayed in an RV park once when we had a travel trailer there was a couple that had a wonderful garden growing in pots and they had erected an awning as a cover and their garden flurished. Even at the nursery here they keep the plants inside an awning covered area. So living here we just need to do that also. Our last years garden flurished but it wasn't as hot then. We keep our bedroom door closed during the day to keep the dogs from frolicking on the bed and re-arranging our things on the night stands. Last night I was brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed in my bathroom and when I went to go to bed on my pillow was a surprise. Beanie had gotten my lip moisture tube and had destroyed it and left it on my pillow. He was sound asleep in his little bed pillow so cute so he didn't get scolded. Another reason to not let him in there unsupervised. He is a grazer. Every morning when I come into my office he walks around the whole room checking it out. Making sure I haven't changed anything I guess. They like to nap in Will's office because he still has carpet in there. I have got to make sure my tools and things are all in their proper place before we bring home the kitty. I don't want too many things to be dropped to the floor. If he is like most kittys ~ if it is up it needs to go down. I have a plastic three drawer chest under my table that I keep most of my tools in that aren't used most. But I have interesting things on my work station that could be bounced on the floor. I will re-arrange some of them and keep them in their stand on my glass table. I'll make this room as kitty friendly as I can. I just noticed I have a bruise on my arm the shape of a dog paw 3 inches above my wrist. Wonder how I got that.

DONNA FAYE That was a great idea to tape that heating pad in place. Heat will ease your pain. You will really like that book when you get it. I was amazed at the difference of points values in what looked like they would be the same. Hardee's for instance shows a Little Thick Cheeseburger fewer calories than the Charbroiled Chicken Sandwich. The "charbroiled" would have me confused. And at the Dairy Queen eat both the All-Beef Chili Cheese Dog and Grilled Chicken Wrap for 490 calories and not the Iron Grilled Chicken Quesadilla Basket for 1,200 Calories. Yep ~ I sure like this book for losing is all about intelligent choices.

JEAN Now that grosses me out! Soggy corn nuts sound awful. I never thought of my teeth cracking but guess it could happen. I eat them one at a time and a serving lasts a long time with me. I measured out the whole bag and put them in little baggies and away in the cupboard. I put all the little baggies in a bigger bag and they will stay fresh a long time. In the olden days I would have eaten the whole bag so you see my behavior has made some changes for the better Did you know that crushed (wacked with a rolling pin) corn nuts makes a good coating for chicken breasts that are then baked. I spray the breast tenders with canola spray and then roll them in crushed corn nuts and bake. I use panko mostly to bake chicken breasts though but when I do have some corn nuts I can use them. I don't have corn nuts very often. Which tone of a bell are you ringing now? And are they gauged suprano, alto, tiner and base? Or are they lettered? You see I don't know much at all about bells except that I love to hear them ring.

GAIL & SUSAN Hope you are doing well this day.

Type at y'all later. I am going now to start making this room as kitty friendly as I can.

PS: If you like V8 juice here you can get some coupons.
http://www.v8juice.com/Coupons.aspx

And if you know any children or adults that have trouble with learning math ~ check out this web site. It is amazing ~ http://www.khanmath.com/

Last edited by Maggie; 09-29-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #19  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a sunny day and 70 degrees in my corner of the world. We are in a wind advisory until tonight, and if it isn't nailed down outside it's long gone! Today was garbage day and there are plastic trash cans, and lids, flying all over. We don't use one so don't have to worry about finding our's. This morning I had my bp check and the doc was happy with the #s so don't have to see him again until February. Then I took library books back, renewed one book, and I stopped last at the shoe store planning to purchase at least 2 or 3 new pairs of shoes only to find ugly, ugly, and more ugly styles! I wanted simple black and navy "flats" to wear with dress/casual slacks, not clumpy heeled styles. I like Naturalizer and the clerk tried to tell me they have gone cheap so the store quit carrying them. Went to WW, and that wasn't pretty as I knew it wouldn't be. Kolby's class is selling lemonade before, at noon, and after school to raise money for a field trip to a dairy farm. Maddy is "helping" by purchasing drinks as often as she can. I sent each one a dollar and traveled west to a nearby town to mail them, so they will have their money tomorrow. Otherwise our mail goes east an hour to be sorted, then back 2 hours west to Sioux City with delivery 2 or 3 days later. DUMB! We have a board meeting at church tonight but not sure if Bob will be home in time from the farm.

"Gma" -- I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday! I'm sure Jackson's phone was the highlight. It's good that Jack came up with the idea for you to use the heating pad and that it helped. To me heat is always more welcome than ice. Today at WW we listed things that we consciously do now, that we didn't do before, to help our weight loss journey. One of the things mentioned, and we all agreed, was tracking so that we don't mindlessly eat and not be aware of what we are eating. I do well with that and then let it slide if we are gone or don't eat together at the same time.

Maggie -- Let me send you some wind -- I have more than enough! Think of a piano keyboard and that is how the bells are laid out, lower notes on the left and higher to the right. Each bell (white piano key) is a note by itself. There is a sharp and a flat combined on one bell -- for instance, my "white" notes are E and F. F# is the same at G flat so is one bell -- I play the F# and the gal to my right might need the G flat to go with her G. D# and E flat are the same so I sometimes have to share the bell with the gal to my left. The music looks exactly like piano music or a hymnal. We say that if you can count to 4, you can play bells! I do think it helps if you can read music or know the different rests, and music symbols but it's really not necessary because the director will talk us through any glitchy parts. I couldn't get the math link to work -- will try again though.

I'm washing farm clothes so have another load ready to go. I think Bob runs around the field in his socks from the looks of them! Enjoy the rest of terrific Thursday!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #20  

Good afternoon, ladies! 79 degrees today but Saturday and Sunday will hardly get to 60 - burr!

I had work and PT today. Tonight I'll be glued to the tv to see Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice.

Verizon is coming tomorrow to turn on their phone service. The Internet was supposed to be ready then, too, but it's been changed to October 5 so I don't know if I'll have internet or not until then so if you don't hear from me, I won't be because I'm sick! DirectTV comes on Monday so I'm going to rearrange furniture so I am ready for them - and make them give me a long cable so I can move the tv to various parts of the room from time to time.

Faye, I'm glad you had a good birthday. There are several Eat This Not Books out including a cookbook (all from the same author of course). What is the name of the book with quilting? Our guild challenge several years ago was to reproduce a painting. I did Van Gogh's Midnight Watchman. Around here they alternate cotton and soy beans.

Jean, I never heard of porokeratosis until yesterday either. Your explanation of the bells was interesting. I knew they were by letters but didn't know about sharps and flats.

Maggie, you will be a good kitty mama doing all that kitty proofing. I can't wait until I can get another one and then again I think maybe I shouldn't since I am gone over a lot of weekends.

Have a great evening!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #21  

Susan -- It's nice to see your post tonight. The wind is still blowing and cooler temperatures are moving into the area. The weatherman says we will have some 80 degree days next week. I hope your phone, tv, and internet hook-ups all go smoothly. I vote for you to get another cat! Even though you come and go a lot, you would have company; you are a good cat mom! I'm heading off to bed -- see you all tomorrow!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #22  

Good morning to you ladies. We are going to do the commissary run this morning instead of this weekend since Jack is home. I am hoping though today is military payday, since it is a weekday everyone will be at work! Spouses have to have jobs nowadays with their hubbies or wives in the military. Would have made our life easier too, though I really wanted to be home with my kids rather than them be with a sitter all the time and no dad home either.

Jack found his knee brace and put it on and said it made a world of difference so he is wearing it when he is up and about. I am thankful he found something to make himself more comfortable. He has so many ongoing aches and pains with arthritis that he just ignores that it is nice he has one that he doesn't have to deal with.

I paid all the bills yesterday, cleaned out the pantry so it is all ready for good stuff to be put back in, made a weeks worth of dog food until I get to the store and get supplies for it today, and did two loads of laundry. I will put them away when I go upstairs this morning to shower and get ready to go shopping. I am hoping to clean house this weekend unless something comes up. My downstairs is getting a little grubby. Unfortunately, it is leaf fall off the tree time so we are dragging in leaves on our shoes everytime we come in. It is impossible to keep them cleaned up constantly so we just do it all when the darn tree is bare.

Jean: I am reading the second in the series of books about a bassett hound who thinks he is Elvis reincarnated. Funny stuff since the setting is Tupelo and they talk a lot about Memphis of course. Anyhow, the main character is a shoe nut. She loves shoes so everytime she mentions a shoe designer, I go look them up. She made some mention of Juicy Couture so I went to Zappos.com and looked them up. Whoooeeee! They had a pair of animal print fleece flip flop style slippers and they wanted $98!!!!! I found a pair I liked that I knew Jack would hate and they were $250. I asked him if I could buy them and he said, "I don't care." To me that means, I am not paying any attention to you! Should buy them just to teach him a lesson except they have high heels so couldn't wear them until I lose all my weight. I sure do like these inexpensive danskin shoes I bought. I am going to get another pair if Walmart sells them here today.

Susan: The book is Fool's Puzzle by Earlene Fowler. I bet your painting quilt was just beautiful. All my favorite shows are done for the summer and won't be back until November so I don't even turn the tv on at night now. I just read. I have gone through a ton of ebooks lately. I just downloaded a book about an american man and a japanese girl who were separated when the war started when she and her parents were put in an interrment camp. Looks like it hsould be interesting. I have to finish up what ole Elvis is doing first as his owner is embroiled with her cousin Lovie in a big old murder mystery of Elvis impersonators being knocked off at the annual Elvis fesitval in Tupelo.

Maggie: Fortune doesn't get into anything. Marty gets into everything and we always forget that when he stays here so I find dumped over trash cans and snack bags pulled out of the pantry as we store them in one of the open areas at the bottom. Fortune noses around for food scraps in the kitchen when I am cooking though and if we are eating he sits under Jack because he is more likely to get something dropped from there as from me. He's no dummy!

Here is another sweater I am going to make for myself for the cruise next year and the yarn. The yarn is 90% cotton so it should be nice and cool. the swatch is the one that says blue lagoon or the one on the left side of it in the pink and green. I included two pictures of the shell, one a close up of the shell's pattern. I wanted the exact color that is on the mannequin, but it and the other color I really liked have been discontinued as this pattern is about 4 years old. I think I may make a shawl to wear with it for evening dinners.

Well gals, I need to scoot as I see it is 7 already. Have a grand weekend this weekend. I have my dr appt on Monday so hopefully we can get some things straightened out. We did get great news in an email from our Express Scripts yesterday. Starting Oct 1, our generic meds that we get 90 days through Express Scripts by mail will cost us nothing! They have gone up on the in town stuff though, making our generic $5 instead of $3 and $12 instead of $9 for brand name if we get 30 days suppply from like Walgreen or Kroger or something like that. We rarely get stuff in town almost all our drugs are generic so we will save some money there too. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taos-sampl-top.jpg (42.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg taos-sampl-top-collr.jpg (52.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg CtoTwirl-new11web.jpg (35.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #23  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendy Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day in the 70's here in the Heartland this Friday. We went out for breakfast at I-Hop and I ate from the lite side and left half of it. Then off to Wal*Mart to get some necessaries. Will had been there earlier and picked up lots of things for the kitten. A butt hut, big pale of sand, scooper set, carry case for when we pick him up or go to the vet, cute little eating set made of stainless bowls nestled in a wrot iron holder, play station modular which can be added to, food, treats and toys. I think he said he spent $200 on it all. The carry case is bright pink and it was all they had ~ they were all pink he said. Cat won't care but I sure don't like it. But it will serve the purpose for after we pick him up off to the vet we go. I have got liners in the but hut and it filled with sand and the play modular put to gether all ready for Monday when we bring him home. All this stuff is in my office for the time being. The dogs were sure interested in watching my every move. I keep telling them that we are getting them a kitty. I do believe that Ragg Mopp understands but Beanie is oblivious. We go to our second meeting of the Tea Party tonight and get our committe assignments. Last time was the first in this town and over 30 were in attendance. Once word gets out more it will grow. I have the strange feeling I will be put on the membership committee since I don't know a stranger and like to talk to folks out and about. At the restaurant today there was a young man in uniform with his wife or sweetie that I went over and shook his hand and thanked him. I love those service guys. They are lookin' out for us. I am not bashful but am not pushey either. Life is good and we need to not miss an opportunity to thank those who are fighting for our freedom.

DONNA FAYE Hope the commissary wasn't too crowded on this day and you were able to find what you had on your list to buy. I bet you have a good feeling getting your pantry all cleaned out now. That is so cute that Fortune sits at Jacks feet waiting for food to fall. Our dogs lay quietly under the table and don't bother us. Sometimes we give them some left overs but not often so they haven't gotten the idea that they will get scraps from the table. They just like being close to their people. When we do give them something it is put in their feeding dishes.

JEAN How are you this day? Thanks for the bell information.

SUSAN I vote that you get a kitty. They can survive a few days without a human. Dogs can't but cats can.

Type at y'all later.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #24  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! I decided on the spur of the moment to head off to Sioux City this morning. I had a list of things from multiple stores and figured a Friday would be much less congested than the weekend. It's been a beautiful sunny cool fall day with NO wind today. The fall colors throughout the countryside are gorgeous! There are UGLY shoes and clothes in the SC stores too! I did bring home a couple pair of shoes but may take them back after I try them on again.

"Gma" -- I hope your commissary run was a smooth one today. Glad the knee brace is helping Jack's knee. I strongly doubt there is anything grubby at your house! I like to look at the shoes on Zappos.com -- can't imagine anyone wearing some of them, but am assuming someone does or they wouldn't have them available. I really like the sweater! What color yarn are you going to use? I listened to talk radio on the way home and the host was saying that Obama wants to cut Social Security benefits in half. The host wanted to find out how many people only have that as a source of income. In this day and age it would be hard to save enough to retire on if the employers can't provide a savings plan to help. It's scary that's for sure.

Maggie -- Your new cat will have everything he could possibly need! Will must have had fun shopping for him. It will be interesting to see what the dogs think of the newest member of your family. Jason always thanks a person in military uniform, no matter where he is.

Bob is at the farm so I'm sure won't be here at suppertime. I should make a grocery list and head that direction. But then again, maybe I'll do that tomorrow morning. Enjoy the evening and I hope you all have a relaxing weekend!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #25  

Good morning to everybody! We got out early and did the commissary run then I went to Walmart and had to walk all over it to finish up everything. I wanted some ink pens which were at the far end of the store, the little pretzel twists I buy are in the very back of the store, the mashed potatoes I buy are clear to the far left in the meat cases and the waxing stuff and ww ice cream are in the middle. I bought some naval oranges and a couple things of their ham salad (part of which was expired by almost a week so I loaded up the whole shebang and tossed them on top of the deli counter and told the woman they were all expired and it would be nice is someone checked them once in awhile and walked away.) Burns me up! I got some lovely peaches at the commissary, some apples and bananas and bought some fresh frozen fruit at Walmart so have some nice snacking stuff besides my little cheddar pretzel twists. I can have 20 for only 2 pts which is nice. So, I came back home and was promptly sick most of the afternoon and evening with intestinal stuff. I kept asking Jack if he was sure he was ok and he was fine so who knows what it was. I know my joints were killing me and it felt like I had a fever so maybe just some little titch of something, who knows? Right as rain this morning.

I get done here I am going to tackle house chores, but only after getting rid of the darn hiccups I have right now. I am one of those people that hiccups aren't only a nuisance they are so hard they actually hurt. I usually get them to go away by holding my breath and swallowing three times! Sounds nuts, but it seems to always work and I just stopped and did it and no more hiccups. Jack will probably get the vacuuming detail downstairs today so I can get things done fairly quickly besides he doesn't mind and I hate to vacuum.

Jean: I am still deciding on the yarn. Either one of the two I posted with the picture of maybe one of these. It is a cotton/linen combo yarn and I like the soft colors in it too. It depends if I can find enough all in one place. The only place here in town that sells it, I can't stand to go in there as the owner is a real snob and online there are only a couple places and they seem to not have quantities of it. So, we shall see. It is a medium priced yarn so would probably cost about $75 for a sweater. Hope you enjoy your shoes. I am going to have to see if I can hunt up another pair of these I bought in Branson because Walmart didn't have any in big foot size!

Maggie: Sounds like you are all set for your new cat. Hope the boys enjoy it. Fortune got along well with Butterscotch, but then he is either afraid or mellow with other pets.

I guess I should get out of here and get going on chores so I can get them done and spaced out. Have a grand Saturday all. I think Jack has an appt to get the oil changed so he will be kept busy today. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6503.jpg (15.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6504.jpg (14.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6509.jpg (15.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #26  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another sunny cool day in my corner of the world. I've got laundry going and have made my grocery list for later when Bob heads to the farm. Bob just left to take the boat out to wherever he is storing it this year; he usually goes to a farm where the building is tight (no birds, bugs, nor critters) and clean.

"Gma" -- Our WM is always changing where they put things; my thought is while one is aroundthey will put more stuff in their cart. My gripe is that you can buy something there and the next time they don't carry it anymore. I just plain don't like that store and if I can buy it anywhere else I will. One of our grocery stores is bad about expiration dates so I always try to check. I've even taken a couple dairy things back that haven't expired but are moldy when I open them. I hope you continue to feel better. My stomach has been "off" for awhile and the doctor said there are different strains of stomach flu going around. I wish they would come up with a stomach flu shot! I like all of the different yarn colors. The sweater will be beautiful no matter which color you choose.

I need to change laundry loads so will keep moving. Have a super Saturday and enjoy!
Old 10-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #27  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Saturday First Day Of Roctober

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day here in the Heartland and a good day to start a new month which I call Roctober. It rocks. We have been busy being out and about running errands. Then I started making some business cards and time sure flies when I am busy doing publishing work. Now I need to put on my thinking cap and decide what I am fixing for dinner. I am sure glad that tomorrow isn't pot-luck day for I would be sunk not knowing what to take. The dogs are so cute coming in here and just looking at the kittys things and not bothering them at all. OH just wait. Monday is coming fast. Time has come for me to color my hair and so I will be doing that later this afternoon for sure.

DONNA FAYE Looks like you have some nice fruit for the week to munch on. I am so thankful all Wal*Marts aren't managed like the one that you go to is. Expired means EXPIRED on most food things. I hate it when it has expired before it's date though. Tells me it wasn't kept as cold as it should have been. Those yarn skeins are lovely. Hope you can get enough of one color to make what it is you are planning to make with it.

JEAN Sorry to hear you are getting a bug. Not pleasant. Nope don't get flu shots. My doc once said that the shot they give this year is for last years bug and this years bug is different. That is why so many folks get sick after having the shot. Since we have never started getting them we have been advised to not get them started. Now if they work for you by all means get them and do what your doc says. There are definitely different opinions on the subject. What a nice place Bob has found to store that boat. Clean is good.

All Y'all have a lovely afternoon.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #28  

Maggie -- Are you making business cards for Will, or just anyone who might want some? I'm not sick, just my innards haven't been "normal" for a few days. I blamed the diuretic pill I took for a couple weeks and have now quit. Everyone who "works" in the hospital is encouraged to get the flu shot, and they claim the older a person is the harder the flu is on ones system. There have been times when I have missed getting one and can't tell any difference. I think I became immune working with all the "crud" at school. I don't get a cold very often but when I do, it's a doozey! I am heading off to bed after I figure out what I'm wearing to church tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #29  

Good morning to you all! It is quite cool here this morning and Jack is already out to Firestone to get the oil changed in the SUV. I imagine it is time for an air filter too, who knows? I know we have been pricing tires for it and looks like with installation and all it is around $650!!! I think that is totally ridiculous. Our tire have this air pressure kit in them that connects with the suv to let you know when you are getting a flat, have low tire pressure and such, but that kit is only around $15. I think it is ridiculous you have to pay $140 apiece for a piece of rubber. You can buy cheaper ones, but then they have to be replaced more often so you end up spending just as much or more.

Tomorrow is dr day so we shall see what she says about the female stuff and getting me back on track that ways. I imagine we will have quite a talk so I hope she isn't busy! (she will be that place is always a zoo) I think before we started doing procedures, I am going to give hormones a try and stay on them a bit and see if that works. It all depends on what she suggests and my gyn too.

I took one of Jack's pain pills on Friday night because my joints hurt so bad when I had the icks. Well, I was dopey all day Saturday and kept falling asleep so gave up getting anything done. I am going to kick in and start work in a bit. I need to call my sister first and tell her thank you for my tshirt. She sent me this cute tshirt with balls of yarn on it saying "A hour a day of this will keep the dr away." Wish that were true!

Jean: I rarely get colds either, but I do try and get a flu shot even though I don't come in contact with a lot of people. I like you wish they could make a stomach flu shot. I don't like head and chest colds, but am not a fan of the stomach stuff either. I think though that stomach flu is viral and as such they can't make a vaccine for that. Maybe one day, but then we are sort of overloaded with medications as it is I guess.

Maggie: I did get some nice fruit, peaches, pears, bananas, oranges, apples and blueberries all fresh then cherries, pineapple and a mixed berry all fresh frozen. I am a real fruit lover for sure.

Well gals, I need to get hopping if I want to get things accomplished today. Have a lovely day all. Faye
Old 10-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #30  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a sunny cool 64 degrees in my neighborhood this morning. We've been to church, had breakfast at Hardee's, and Bob just left for the farm. He spilled some of the beans last night so was going to borrow a grain vac and clean it up this morning. The guys used to work after dark but needed to get in/on the top of the grain bin so waited for daylight today. The older they get the smarter they work which is good. I've got piles to put away and fur bunnies to vacuum.

"Gma" -- Tires are expensive that's for sure. We have the "smart" tire pressure thing too, and it has fits when the weather changes. Bob thinks he is smarter than the computer and likes either more or less air, can't remember which, for a better ride. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping you get a plan of action from you new doctor. Bob's secretary has been having some female issues; they found a mass either in or on the uterus. She meets with the surgeon on Tuesday. She is single so really has no local family support system. I may be doing dog walking again! Your t-shirt sounds cute and the thought is so appropriate!

I need to get started on my chore list so Bob will know I did accomplish something while he was gone. Enjoy your day!

Last edited by Jean; 10-02-2011 at 12:12 PM.