3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Absolutely Awesome August for the Worldly Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/239621-absolutely-awesome-august-worldly-chicks.html)

ceejay52 08-19-2011 03:45 PM

Even though it's Friday I've been busy. Decided that I was going to clean the house. Wasn't that dirty, but I found spots that hasn't been cleaned by the house keeper. I'm really wanting to do it myself again since I'm getting my mo jo back. Only cleaned the living room, kitchen and bathroom. Tomorrow it will be the bedroom and office. Even getting in the mood to cook again.

The West Memphis three was set free today in Jonesboro. I still have mixed feelings about this case.

Actually have a window open today. I probably don't need the allergens coming inside but the air is nice for a change. We had a brief shower.

Mel
The ISP hasn't shown up today but they are supposed to. I called this morning to verfiy. So hopefully before 5 p.m. Didn't realize that burning Sandlewood in the corners would bring good vibes and bring in good thoughts. May have to try that. I've heard of people having their houses etc
blessed.

Happy,
As Mel said people like this will get their payback's. Hope the other job to be yours. Stress brings on a nover load of hormanl activity. Hang in there. :hug:

Shad
:hug: to you also.

Laura
How did your doctor's visit go?

Hello's to Annie and Michelle. :wave: Sending Michelle get well wishes.

Laura705 08-19-2011 04:15 PM

Afternoon all.

Ceejay - Can't say I thought a water district meeting would be exciting, so no surprise it was boring. I never read the part of the village newsletter when they report on our water quality... :swim: I need to get back in the mood to do some cooking! Both bf and I have been just horrible about that this summer. :chef:

Mel - How did the meeting w/ the Indian gent go? Pleasant enough I hope. Gosh, I don't have a hamper that's 24 years old, but I do have one that's been duct-taped because the handle/rim cracked when I tossed it down the basement stairs, LOL. Hey, it's still perfectly functional! Re the bikes, they're all in the "beater, but restorable" category, so they won't bring much money, but I've seen ads for the walmart bikes for under $100, so the net outlay wouldn't be too much. :bike:

Shad - I hope you are out of powerpoint he!! by now. Heck, your weekend's already begun, so I hope you've forgotten about ppt by now. :)

Happy - Sounds like your work situation is seriously sucky right now. :( Good to hear there's a position that's right up your alley. Sending you positive thoughts and will do some praying that this job can be yours.

So if that were to happen...how long would you be waiting for the housing market to recover? It just seems like it's gonna be a while and you know I'm excited about experiencing your retirement vicariously through you and your dh, LOL. :D You must be fading by now after having to get out of the house early for that meeting. :yawn:

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies! Missing you all and hoping all is well or quickly getting better!!!

My doc appt was okay - we are going another 6 weeks to check my bp again - which will be 8 weeks because my vacay falls in there. It's not awful, so my doc is on the fence, but no changes to the med for now. I will be trying to sit and relax for a few minutes before taking my bp at home to see if that makes a difference in my readings. On this water pill, it seems like the upper number is lower, but the lower one is the same. My AM readings are better than the PM ones. I'll also bring my home bp machine in to the office and see how it compares to what the doc reads. She said "calibration", but I don't think anything will actually be done to the machine. It might just be that if the machine is consistently reading x points higher than she does, we just have to recognize that and take it into account....or maybe she just wants to see me using it to make sure I'm doing it right, hahaha. I also plan to conduct my own test to see what effect there would be on my bp if I restrict my sodium for, say, three days. It'll be a good exercise for me to map out a meal plan for those days, actually FOLLOW it, and see what happens.

I lost my exercise motivation after my doc appt, so I slacked off and didn't go to an exercise class last night. Boo on me, but my muscles were fatigued and I was tired. And that's why I don't like back-to-back workout days. :no: Happy, I'm trying to focus on cardio classes at the recplex, but the body blast class was an exception. I would skip cardio completely if I could...but the heart muscle is a pretty important muscle and the lungs are sort of important too, LOL. If I could get away with it, I'd stick solely with strength training - the idea of my muscles burning calories while not even exercising is awesome! Means I could eat more, hahaha.

Speaking of eating - dinner was tacos. We tried a different brand tortilla shells (Mission) and they didn't work out. They shrunk significantly when heated and the opening for the fillings was way too narrow! Back to Ortega brand.

Picked up the next book club book from the library and 3 other books - all mysteries. I read part of the prologue of the book club book and it seems readable. Hopefully it'll be enjoyable too. :book2:

Met w/ the financial guy (from the retirement sessions) today. I'm doing alright, but have to keep saving. He didn't try to sell me anything! Having had a good conversation w/ him about finances and markets and investments, I think I need to broaden my horizons re how I get my personal finance info. Suze Orman is just one woman's viewpoint. Not saying anything bad, just that multiple perspectives are not a bad thing.

Okay, tonight we might go to Ikea and pick up the pieces for the tv stand we configured. Hope it's not busy. It's got to be less busy on a Friday night than on a Sat. or Sun. ---- right???

Hoping to finally get out for a bike ride this weekend. I hope all the logistics don't drive me crazy. We will be putting our two bikes on our new car rack and driving to a bike path. I hope bf's fancy bike fits on the rack okay...mine should be okay.

Okay, I better get some more work done. This week hasn't felt all that productive even though I've been busy. Hate that.

Have a great weekend everyone!! :flow1:

ceejay52 08-19-2011 06:47 PM

Have my new internet hooked up and the land lord let the put a jack in the office. Yeah.

Shad 08-19-2011 07:25 PM

Morning all,
Better get this done while I drink my coffee otherwise it will never get done. It's like my exercising - doesn't get done first thing, doesn't get done. There is always something to do before I get to it.

I have a list of things to do as long as your arm. I am trying to find a cleaner I can trust so I don't have to come home to the dust and grit. Have any of you had any experience with those robot vacuum cleaners? Friend of mine (male - techno geek) loves his and keeps telling me to buy one. I need to know a bit more about them first.

CeeJay - glad the landlord came to the party. I guess maybe he values a good tenant or maybe he just thinks it will give him more resale value if he wants to sell at some time. Sorry, did not mean to worry you about that.

Laura - I am out of PPt ****, but it awaits me still on Monday. I do wish people would use it to train with. It should be used to make points to which people should refer or use as yardsticks. It's a powerful tool, but too easy to overuse and overuse it we are. Hope the bike ride goes well and you get the exercise in and enjoy your day out.

Mel - they all sound demanding, and they are. I do wish they would actually learn from the mistakes made but they are too proud or arrogant to say I don't know. I don't feel too much sympathy for them any more. Hope it all goes well with the lunch.
I know the feeling about Mt Washmore and the laundry basket. Mine is relatively new but already I had to through the lid away since it won't sit on the basket when the basket is full. And they only seem to last five minutes if you leave them out in the sun.

Seems that Michelle and Annie are either out kicking up their heels or are not well or not happy. Or a combination

Happy, I have fingers, toes and any other thing I can cross, crossed for jobs to come and places to move to and things to happen with the neighbours friends. Whichever way it goes, I hope you get some relief from the pressure.
Hope DH is feeling better now. You may have to put him on a diet as well. A loss of weight often works for sleep apnea (or however you spell it)

Better go. Coffee done and the washing mountains await - yep mountainS. Mount Whitestuff is next to Mount Blackstuff which adjoins Mt WorkingGear and Mt Towel and sheets

MELODY525 08-20-2011 07:55 AM

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/t...1a530d5c21.gif Have a great weekend!

:devil: FRIDAY WAS THE DEVIL'S SPAWN:devil: ENUFF SAID.
THANK THE GOOD LORD I WAS SAVED AND MADE IT THRU THE DAY.
THANK GOD MONDAY JOHN IS COMING BACK.
THANK GOD TOO FOR WEEKENDS WHEN THE OFFICE IS CLOSED.:encore:
IT WAS LIKE I WAS SECRETLY DUMPED INTO A LUNATIC'S ASYLUM AND COULDN'T ESCAPE.
JUST FOR SPITE, I STOLE A BRIGHT BLUE TALL PAPER RECYCLE BIN.
THAT'S NOW SCRUBBED AND WILL BE THE NEW HAMPER:dancer:

TODAY I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR WASHING MY GRANDMOTHER'S CHINA...OR WHAT'S LEFT OF IT...AND DECIDING IF IT'S WORTH PUTTING ON EBAY.
A NEW WOMAN IN THE OFFICE OFFERED TO HELP ME BUT IT SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF WORK.

THEN I NEED TO GET THE APT TIDIED UP AND NOT LET THE LITTLE STUFF MOUNT UP.
I AM ON A ROLL AGAIN FOR THE SIMPLE LIFE.:beach:
I THINK I MIGHT ACTUALLY ACHIEVE THIS LONG AWAITED GOAL.
GOD KNOWS I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET THERE FOR LIKE THE LAST MANY YEARS:rofl: :rofl:
HAVE A GREAT DAY WORLDLY FRIENDS :moped:

HAPPY........WISH IT WAS A BAMBOO HAMPER...BUT IT WAS AN OLD RUBBERMAID THING I BOUGHT WHEN I MOVED IN HERE. :lol3:
HOPE THE JOB WASN'T TOO MUCH AND YOU HAVE A CALMER WEEKEND.
HOW'S THE DH AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW PLANS IF YOU GET THE JOB. :crossed:

CEEJAY....A BUDDHIST FRIEND OF MINE USED TO COME TO MY APARTMENT AND "CLEANSE" IT FROM TIME TO TIME WHEN I FELT THE NEED.
MAYBE IT WAS ALL PSYCHOLOGICAL BUT I SOMEHOW I AND THE HOUSE FELT CALMER. :yoga:
I READ ABOUT THE RELEASE OF THOSE KIDS. I FEEL THE SAME AS YOU.
I JUST HOPE TO GOD THEY ARE INNOCENT AND THAT REVENGE ISN'T ON THEIR MINDS NOW.
GLAD TO HEAR YOU GOT YOUR MOJO BACK AND HOPE IT GETS STRONGER WITH EACH DAY:hug:
GREAT NEWS THAT YOU GOT THE LANDLORD'S PERMISSION TO PUT IT THRU THE WINDOW:cheer3:

LAURA....YOUR HAMPER STORY MADE ME LAUGH....MIND HAD DUCT TAPE
ALL OVER IT. THINK THERE WAS MORE TAPE THAN HAMPER:rofl: :rofl:
SPEAKING OF FINANCES AND OUR FUTURES:
I HAD A NICE CHAT WITH MY PIGGY BANK AND HE SAID NOT TO OPEN HIM UP ANYMORE!!!:rollpin:
THE SALT FREE OR LOOWER DIET SHOULD WORK AND SHOW A BETTER LOWER NUMBER.
A LOT OF THE SENIORS HERE HAVE HAD THAT HAPPEN AND ME TOO.
SO I WISH YOU LUCK ON THAT....LOWERING SALT IS GOOD FOR ANYONE! BUT JUST WATCH IT WITH EXERCISING. DON'T GO TOO FAR ELIMINATING IT.
HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE A GREAT RIDE!!:ebike:

SHAD......YOU HAVE A LOT OF FOOKING MOUNTS IN YOUR LAUNDRY AREA:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW.
NOT ONLY DO I FEEL BETTER LOOKING AT MY EMPTY SPACE BUT I AM CRACKING UP OVER HERE.
GOOD WAY TO BEGIN THE DAY :hug:
WHILE PRAYING FOR HAPPY'S HOUSE & JOB,
I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU SANITY TILL YOU GET THIS MINING JOB OVER WITH.
I WOULD LOVE TO GO WITH YOU AND MEET THE MEN WHO DRIVE ALL THOSE GIGANTIC TRUCKS.
I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE THERE AND ACTUALLY "FEEL" THEIR SIZE.
THE TRUCKS ....NOT THE MEN:lol3: :lol3:

happy2bme 08-20-2011 10:29 AM

Good Saturday morning chickies,

Took my blood pressure this morning. It was 167 / 102. Has been consistently that high. I guess I have to call the doc and get this looked at. I know it is temporary - I just saw her right before my vacation just before all this baloney started and it was in it's typical low normal state. Sitting at home here quietly I guess I have to accept it's running high all the time, not here and there in spurts. I just hope they don't give me a diuretic, I already go to the loo 1,000 times a day. I think part of this is that things are in such a state of flux. If I am fortunate enough to get this other job, I told DH I am making a committment to stay here for possibly 2 years. What should we do with the house? Sell and get rid of it or wait the market out a while? It seems like housing will still be in the toilet for years to come although homes are selling in the area albeit at a reduced price. DH thinks we should try and sell and if we do, we can just rent for the duration of our stay. We would be saving money even if the rent equalled our mortgage payment since we would not have to pay property taxes and our insurance would go way down - less to cover and no extra policy for the swimming pool. We admit this will be stressful for our cat who is used to being outside most of the day. During the few weeks of winter when it gets near freezing and she spends the days in the house she does get stir crazy cabin fever :dizzy: (we also know this is going to be a problem with her up north too where she will have to become an indoor cat just because of the wildlife predators up there). And then, if we are going to stay is there a hurry to pack and empty the house? But as DH says - don't know if I would be considered for the job (although I am very well qualified for a job not many would want) so we need to maintain our primary focus which is selling this house. He rented a truck to take a big load up in a couple of weeks and we already purchased the plane ticket home for him so we are committed to boxing up stuff and getting things ready for him to pack up in a couple of weeks. I think this "not sure of what path to follow" has a lot to do with the internal distress. Maybe the doc will give me some happy pills. I will share with the chicks as we all have our stressors right now. :hug: DH came home yesterday morning not #(@#*%# about the cpap mask which was a relief. He said he got a decent sleep too. I guess the hospital will contact the manufacturer and they will order him a unit based on the specs they gathered from his last stay. So today I am going on the 3rd floor storage and box some things up. Tomorrow I will go through our office furniture as we need to take that down and apart and move it out of here. Monday the realtor is coming over with her friend the interior decorator. She will take a look around and suggest some neutral colors for the 5 rooms we have to get painted. Then I suppose we can hire the painter to tear the wallpaper down and start painting some if not all of the rooms. Geez, I'd better get this job - we surely could use the money. :rolleyes:

Mel - I like your good morning Froggy. :lol: Sorry you had such a day with the crazies. Maybe they will settle down for the weekend. I think you need more craft times and some exercise sessions to tire them out - or maybe just a party with Mogan David wine to make them sleepy :hat: Good luck with washing the china. I'm sure there is a market for selling it. I am afraid of newborns and old china - makes me feel like a clumsy oaf :lol: One person at work says that burning sage gets rid of the evil things in the house. I don't think that would be a good option for you tho. I'd rather clean things with Pine-sol :rofl: I've seen those gigantic rigs they use in the mines. Can just see you there looking all petite and tiny funning with the miners. They would probably give you and honorary hard hat with your name on it :twirly: (sorry not a good selection of smilies with hats on) :D

Shad - I have no experience with a Rhoomba cleaner as I have a mix of tile, hardwood and carpet - mostly carpet. I guess it would be ok if you have all flat hardwood floors although it will probably scare the bejeezus out of poor Sunday :yikes: They say it covers the entire length of the floor in a given time span but if it's anything like the "crawler" cleaner we have in our pool, the thing gets about 80 percent of the bottom and consistently leaves certain areas untouched. I have a nice stick vacumn I love for quick cleaning of the floors - takes me about 10 minutes. I think the key to cleaning is the fly lady method. Keep it as neat as it can be and then do 20 minutes of cleaning a night. I know, much easier said than done eh - especially with a long haired cat in the house. Hope you find a reliable cleaning crew.

Ceejay - glad they let you put a jack in the office area - what good is an office if you can't use your phone and computer in it? Are you travelling this weekend?

Laura - I'm glad you are planning to live vicariously through me but maybe we both will have to wait a bit :lol: All I can suggest to you as far as retirement goes is to save save save as much as you possibly can. Invest wisely so that your money can grow but not more aggressively than you can stand to lose in a market dip such as we have now. I have mixed feelings about financial planners advice to wait out the markets. We lost a substantial amount in '98 when we were too heavily invested in tech stocks and the tech boom bottomed out. We dumped Apple or was it Microsoft??? after losing half it's value. Now if we would have just sat on the shares we would have had a nice bundle now - expecially with Apple over $300 per share. But when you watch a price go from 150 to 35 - you wonder how long do you wait - especially as each day it goes down you kick yourself for not selling. Anyway my point is that you have time to ride out market dips. And you won't have social security to depend on. Most people I know are cutting spending drastically and saving as much as they can. If not for retirement alone, also the uncertainty of having a long term job. :(

Geez I am pontificating here and I beleive I have written a book. Best get off the computer, DH is giving me the stink eye as I need to get busy here.

Love to the rest of the chicks, I'll be back to say hi later tonight. Enjoy your weekend.

ceejay52 08-20-2011 11:47 AM

Happy
Stress and pain both can make the bp rise. I've had to admit to myself that I have the bp problem and allergies. I'm dealing with those daily by taking my meds. I had an allergy attack earlier this week but the meds have kicked in. I've told myself I can't do with out them.
I agree with the Fly Lady method of cleaning.

Mel
Hope you have a peaceful day.

Shad
I'm going to dismiss my house cleaner. I thought she would be trust worthy but I think she is spending to much time on the phone.

Laura, Annie and Michelle :wave:

My major chore has been completed. I've rearranged the living room back to where I had it before. This arrangement is more for conversation. I don't have that many over night guest.
Sometime during my sleeping hours the power went off or blinked. The ADT recorder was telling me it needed to be reset.
I'd like to go get groceries. I don't need that many. I want to make sure I have enough food for work to last four day's.
I had turned out all the lights except my bedroom light last night as I was gettinig ready for bed. The door bell rings. The camera shows that it's the girls down the street. I'm not going to the door after dark. It was 8.45 p.m. They know that. I was riding the bike, but after that I turned out the bedroom light also. They left.

annie175 08-20-2011 12:59 PM

Hey girls...I am here and happy...not actually kicking my heels up (Shaddie), but ok. Work was a major b*tch this week and couldn't post as often as I like.

Got the house spic and span. Cut the grass...well around the edges that were high, the rest is brown, dead and burnt. lol. Got the garden watered, it's all good. Getting ready to go visit dad before he disowns me....lol.

Happy watch that BP.....we don't want you strokin out on us. hugs.

Mellie...I love ya crazy onery sista of mine. ...keep those seniors in line....

Chelle...I hope your silence doesn't mean you are sick in bed. Get well hugs coming your way sweetie.

Laura....here is the bright side of losing your motivation of exercising...at least you were doing it in the first place....I have yet to start....lol

Ceejay..stay the course sista....hugs

Hey to Ellen

Lots to do and little time to do it.

Much love and many hugs....

Laura705 08-20-2011 04:08 PM

Quick post. Bought the tv stand parts last nite, then dinner @ Chili's. This morning went to zumba. Really tough, espec the last third of it. Now I recall I had taken a Zyrtec tab before bed. Stuff lvs me groggy hours & hours later!

Being lazy now ,but now that the rain is over I'll pick some tomatoes.

Ttfn.

diyana 08-20-2011 08:40 PM

Hi ladies,

I've been sick in bed for most of the last 2 weeks with bad bronchitis, and even though I'm still very weak and tired I am getting better. DH has had pneumonia for a week too. Both he and I are planning on returning back to work on Monday.

Happy - please get to the doc about your bp. With all the stress you're under, it's no wonder it's so high...but please do take care of yourself. I'm keeping you in my prayers that you get the job you want soon.

Laura- good for you on the exercising.

Shad - I hope work gets better for you.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I just took a nyquil and I'm going back to bed. I'm hoping to be up a little more tomorrow....but I'm not going to push it.

Love and hugs,
Michelle

MELODY525 08-21-2011 07:33 AM

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...nest/Hello.gif:coffee: MORNING ALL

LAST NIGHT EVERYONE CAME TO SAY THEIR GOODBYES. KIDS CRYING NOT WANTING TO LEAVE NOW. LOOKING AT ME LIKE I CAN CHANGE THIS SITUATION. I SAID CHRISTMAS ISN'T FAR AWAY GO HOME AND GET GOOD GRADES IN THE MEANTIME:hohoho:

WE HAVE 99 APARTMENTS. EACH ONE HAS 2 BATTERIES IN IT. NOW WE HAVE 2 APTS THAT NEED NEW BATTERIES. THE COMPANY CALLS ONCE FOR EACH APARTMENT. EVERY 12 HRS I AM GETTING CALLED TWICE!!!
YOU BET YOUR SWEET BUTTS I AM GOING DOWNSTAIRS AND FIXING THIS SOMEHOW OR THEY CAN REMOVE ME FROM THE LIST OF PEOPLE TO CALL.

LETTING THIS FEELING "GO" AND I AM HEADING OUTSIDE.
ANOTHER STORM IS ON IT'S WAY AND I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE
EVEN IF IT'S ONLY A FEW MINUTES:moped:

YESTERDAY WAS GOOD. GOT SOME ORGANIZING DONE.
I DON'T THINK THERE ARE ENOUGH DISHES IN GOOD CONDITION TO WARRANT AN EBAY SALE.
PLUS THE HASSLE THAT GOES WITH IT. EMAILS, MORE PC TIME, BUYING PACKAGING, AND THEN PACKING & MAILING :nono:
BESIDES I FELT BAD JUST THINKING OF IT. :cry:

OK.......I AM OUTTA HERE....HAVE A SUPER DAY :moped:

HAPPY....GOD I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU AND DH ARE GOING THRU SO MUCH.
I KNOW THE STATE OF THE NATION ISN'T HELPING AT ALL AND
I HOPE YOU BOTH MAKE IT THRU ALL THIS CRAPOLA. GEEZ!!!
YOUR PLAN SOUNDS GOOD AND PRAYING IT WORKS OUT. :crossed:
FRIDAY'S LUNACY WAS MORE OF THE EMPLOYEES THAN THE SENIORS I AM SORRY TO SAY. :rofl: :rofl:
STAY CALM TODAY AND TRY TO THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS.
I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT YOU NEED TO BRING THAT PRESSURE DOWN. :yoga:
I THINK YOUR FRIEND WAS RIGHT AND IT WAS SAGE INCENSE
AND THEN SHE BOUGHT ME A BUNDLE OF SANDALWOOD TO USE LATER ON. THANKS!!

CEEJAY.....GOOD ON YOU FOR NOT OPENING THE DOOR.
THEY PROBABLY NEEDED MONEY OR SOME KIND OF FAVOR!!
WE'VE BEEN HAVING BLINKING OR SOMETHING OVER HERE TOO AT NIGHT.
WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING, THE CABLE TV'S SET VOLUME IS DOWN AND HAS TO BE RESET. MUST BE WHILE I AM SLEEPING. NOW YOUR LIVINGROOM IS BACK TO NORMAL. YOU'RE GETTING A LOT OF WORK DONE.

ANNIE....WAS JUST GOING TO SEND THE HOUNDS OUT TO FIND YOU!
GLAD EVERYTHING IS OK AND DAD IS ON THE TO DO LIST:lol3: :lol3: BETTER MAKE THE PINEAPPLE CAKE!!:hb:
HOPE THIS WEEK IS LESS STRESSFUL:hug: STAY WELL!!!

LAURA....ARE YOU TAKING THE ZYRTEC IN THE GREEN OR BLUE LABELED BOTTLE?
THE GREEN ONE HAS A DECONGESTANT IN IT THAT PEOPLE DON'T NEED IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. JUST THINKING OUTLOUD.
I AM THE QUEEN OF ZYRTEC LAND:queen: BUT I TAKE MINE AT NIGHT ABOUT 6 ISH SO MOST OF THE EFFECTS ARE WORN OFF:dizzy:
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER:hug:

MICHELLE....FIGURED YOU WERE BOTH IN BED.
HOPE YOU AND DH WILL BE FEELING GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE IT BACK TO WORK ON MONDAY. :getwell:

ceejay52 08-21-2011 11:33 AM

Back to work this morning and so far so good. Praying it stay's this way.
I switched from Allegra to ClaritinD yesterday as the Allergra wasn't doing any thing for me. I'm much better though last night. I felt like I didn't sleep well. It could have been that the a.c. wasn't coming on as much to keep the house cooled down.
My neighbor came over yesterday, the one that has been cleaning my house. I've been waiting for a good time to tell her that I didn't want/need her. She claims she went to the ER yesterday with a stiff neck and hurting back, claiming it to be a ruptured disc. The doctor wanted to do an MRI to make sure but she doesn't have the money to do it. Was thinking to myself that I surely don't want her in my house and claim an injury, so I told her that I've been working on my finances and was cutting it short each month. She noticed that I'd cleaned the house. I'm thanking the good Lord above for this intervention.

Happy
That was a wise choice on renting a truck and letting the dh fly back home.
Is he takinig his cpap machine with him?

Mel
I kept having a similar problem concerning a company call a wo-worker about an overdue bill. It was every 8 hours. I got to where I recognized the people on the other end. It was very annoying.

Michelle
Glad you are on the mend, but please don't push yourself.

Annie
I was going to help Mel in sending a search party for you. My lawn is brown too. As mom used to say I need to get the crow's feet off and that's about it. We got some rain yesterday but I don't think it will be enough to bring the lawn back to life.

Laura
Hope you are feeling better. I've also noticed that when i take any of the allergy med's with a d in them that my bp goes up.

Shad
Are you back to work today? Hope you enjoyed your week end.

MELODY525 08-21-2011 12:12 PM

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2011...a_s4x3_med.jpg

Cajun Jambalaya

Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Serves:4 servings.

Ingredients
12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
4 ounces chicken, diced
1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, recipe follows
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
3/4 cup rice
3 cups chicken stock
5 ounces Andouille sausage, sliced
Salt and pepper

Directions
In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well. In a large saucepan heat oil over high heat with onion, pepper and celery, 3 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces. Stir in rice and slowly add broth. Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. When rice is just tender add shrimp and chicken mixture and sausage. Cook until meat is done, about 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.

Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup:store in air-tight container.

MELODY525 08-21-2011 12:20 PM

:hun: I JUST MAD A HUGE POT OF THIS JAMBALAYA.....BUT A LOT LESS SEASONINGS:flame:
NONE OF US NEEDS TO COOK FOR 2 DAYS AT LEAST.
I'LL GET THE RICE STEAMED AND CALL THE KIDS.
JEN IS SLEEPING IN TODAY AND A GOOD RAINY DAY FOR IT TOO.
LOTS OF RAIN AND THUNDER AND SUNSHINE.
VERY CONFUSING WEATHER.
I KEEP LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW IN HOPES OF SEEING A RAINBOW:dance:

CEEJAY.....WOW THAT WAS A STROKE OF GOOD LUCK YOU HAD!!
SO GLAD IT WORKED OUT SO WELL AND ALSO WITHOUT A LOT OF DRAMA.
GOOD THING SHE DIDN'T GET HURT IN YOUR HOME!!
THIS WAS PERFECT TIMING!!!:dancer:
ENJOY YOUR OWN SPACE AND MAKING IT COZY & CLEAN YOURSELF.

happy2bme 08-21-2011 12:41 PM

Morning chicks,

I see your light on Miss Mel :idea: Looks like that jumbalaya is more up Annie's alley than mine. But add a bottle of hot sauce instead of 3 drops :lol: Isn't it funny how the kids give Jen a hard time until they have to leave? Crocodile tears? I'm sure she will appreciate the rest - here - let me HELP YOU get on the plane - pronto :lol: I think you need a special hotline number for the batteries that goes right to voicemail in the office. :rolleyes:

Michelle- sorry you are so down and out with the bronchitis. It really is knocking the stuffing out of you. All you can do is rest and get it over with. Allergy season is starting early it seems, not helping your case any. Sending you some healing love in a cup :coffee: Just be a good girl and take your rest. Hope you and DH can get back to a bit of more normal life come Monday. :hug:

Ceejay - whoa - I think you were wise to send the neighbor with the bad back packing. I'd be suspicious too. Bummer on the girls pestering you also. I think you need to move :lol: Looks like the heat and humidity are back again. Be cool. And give the lawn a little water.

Laura - how were the tomatoes? I didn't realize until you mentioned it that you were bigger on the strength stuff than the cardio - you are right about exercising the heart. Got to find something you like doing - seems like you enjoy the step classes alot. Do you go biking in the Busse Woods trails? Guess they get kind of busy. We used to love walking the paths in the fall - there's a spot by the Elk herd that have the most beautiful Golden Apple colored leaves - it literally glowed. Makes me sort of homesick for the fall colors.

Annie - glad to see you back again and sorry work was so bad next week. Hopefully this week will be better for you. :hug: How's the garden doing? Did it peter out along with the lawn? :( Sounds like you are more busy than when you were working 2 jobs. Did you make a nice supper for Dad?

Shad - seems like your weekend is flying by. Did you get to enjoy the "glorious day" after the rain moved on? At least you won't have to water the garden.

Half the day is gone already better get to the laundry and cleaning. I hope I have enough food not to have to go to the grocery store this week. Have a good rest of your Sunday chicks.