3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Absolutely Awesome August for the Worldly Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/239621-absolutely-awesome-august-worldly-chicks.html)

MELODY525 08-07-2011 07:14 AM

http://glitterimage.info/graphics/im...g-29-68797.gif
SO......HOW IS YOUR WEEKEND GOING?
HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH THE WORLDLY CHICKS AND WORLDLY FATCHICK.

PEOPLE HERE ARE RUNNING BACK AND FORTH TO THE HOSPITAL LIKE IT'S A RACE TO SEE HOW MANY WE CAN SEND THERE IN ONE WEEKEND.
ONE OF THE COPS ASKED ME "WHAT THE H E L L IS GOING ON HERE?":dizzy:
I TOLD HIM THEY'RE GETTING OLDER AND IT'S FREAKING HOT OUTSIDE.
HE TOLD ME TO KEEP THEM INSIDE!!:rollpin: ONLY WISH I COULD.

NOTHING NEW WITH ME. RESTED IN BETWEEN ALARMS.
DID LITTLE THINGS LIKE ONLINE BILL PAYING, SHREDDING ETC.
I ALMOST HAVE MT. WASHMORE UNDER CONTROL. I KNOW I'VE BEEN SAYING THAT FOR YEARS BUT I JUST MIGHT ACCOMPLISH IT THIS TIME!

TICKETS FOR THE YOUNG KIDS TO GO BACK HOME ARE FOR THE 20th I BELIEVE.
JEN & I TRIED TO TALK THE OTHER NIGHT BUT THE CONNECTIONS ARE HORRIBLE UP THERE THIS YEAR.
PLUS MY NEWER PHONE SUCKS BIG TIME.

OFF TO BREAKFAST. :rain: RAIN & MORE RAIN SO NO GOING OUTSIDE TODAY.
MAYBE THE SENIORS WILL STAY PUT NOW.:beach:

HAPPY.....POOR DH. HOPE YOU GUYS USE A SMALLER TRUCK INSTEAD. TRAILERS ARE SUCH A PAIN IN WIND ETC.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE PHONES. JEN'S FEL INTO THE BBQ PIT:flame: NOW SHE'S ON A PAY AS YOU GO TOO.
SAFE TRAVELS TO THE DH AND HOPE YOU GUYS GET LUCKY!!!:hug:

CEEJAY.....:encore: CONGRATULATIONS:cheer2: NICE LOSS!!! YOU MUST BE SO HAPPY AND I AM HAPPY FOR YOU!
YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDS GREAT SO FAR AND I AM GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME AT THE CONCERT.
KRIS MUST BE GETTING UP THERE IN AGE TOO. HOPE THE AUNT ENJOYED HERSELF.
COME MAKE ME SOME LUNCHES!!! I SPENT $344!!! LOT OF FOOD HERE!!
BUT THAT WAS FOR A MONTH PLUS SOME.

SHAD......WHEN I SAW THE STOCK MARKET TAKING A SWAN DIVE I THOUGHT OF ALL YOU CHICKS.
THIS IS THE NEVENDING STORY GOING ON. VERY SAD.
JEN IS FREAKING OUT WITH ALL THE DRAMA ON THE NEWS CHANNELS BUT IT WILL BE WHAT IT WILL BE.
NOT LIKE THEY CAN THROW US OUT OF HERE FOR LACK OF RENT! :rofl:
I AM WONDERING IF THE DOG NEXT DOOR WAS A DETERRENT FOR THE NOISE YOU HEARD??
MAYBE FRIGHTENED SOMEONE OFF. HOPE IT WAS NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE NOT IN THE "DROPPING FRIENDS" MODE!!!

MICHELLE........:cheer: CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING OUT OF THE 230'S!!!:cheer3:!!!
GOOD THAT YOU HAD SUCH GREAT MOTIVATION TO TAKE TO THE FAIR!!

diyana 08-07-2011 08:53 AM

quick post as I have to get started on website work. I overslept! I'd hoped to be started by 5 or 6 am. Had a great time at the fair....got to pet A LOT of cows and horses. I managed to eat fairly healthy while at the fair...baked potato with chili on it, fruit smoothie, water and diet soda. As we were getting close to leaving I was hungry for dinner...but couldn't find anything that appealed to me. So after we got home, I had a Weight Watchers chicken teriyaki and rice dinner. High in sodium I know...but overall a better choice than deep fried s'mores.

Ceejay - Glad you enjoyed the concert!! Sounds like a lot of good music. Congrats on the weight loss! That's great!

Shad - I hope you found a little relaxing time after getting all the digging, cleaning, and ironing done.

Happy - I'm so sorry that DH's trip north was so stressful for him. That's a long drive to go solo...especially towing a trailer.

Mel - Sorry to hear about all the residents going back and forth to the hospital. Bummer that you and Jen weren't able to talk on the phone due to bad phone connection. :( We're having a cloudy day today too...and I'm hearing thunder...but so far, no rain. I'd like to get a nice, gentle soaking rain so I don't have to water the flower and veggie beds.

Annie, Laura, Ellen - Hope you're all enjoying the weekend!!!

Love and hugs to all,

happy2bme 08-07-2011 10:41 AM

Good morning all,

Just peeking in to admire Mel's bunny graphic :D

Another hot day for us. I've got a full day ahead of me. One realtor is coming by to give me the full marketing plan she intends to use if we decide to go with her. I think we will. Her company has access to more resources than the other person although they have both been in this business about the same time (a LONG time). I think person number one will give away the farm, our clothes, our wedding rings and our souls to sell this house. I don't think we are ready to go that far yet. :lol: And that strategy doesn't seem to be working for the house they have listed down the street at a bargain price. One thing that is different with selling now is that they don't recommend accepting a buyer on contingency that they sell their home before the deal goes through. I suppose that really thins out the buying pool substantially. I am not sleeping well. Keep waking up thoughout the night with dreams of work issues and the house. Like DH said yesterday, I am SO ready for this to be over already. :(

Michelle - glad you had a good time at the fair. Kudos to you for having the will power to resist the tempting foods at the fair. That's the way you lose weight.

Mel - I think the weather will break soon - at least I hope so for your sake. Don't the police know that it's easier to corral a bunch of skittish cats easier than it is to contain the seniors???? :lol3: Apparently his grandma is not old enough yet for him to understand.

Oh well - the buzzer just went off on the dryer and I need to get vacumning the floors. Happy Sunday.

You doing ok Annie???? :hug:

ceejay52 08-07-2011 12:05 PM

Morning
Happy
You remind me of the HGTV shows. On HGTV the sellers always have to take a drop in price. Hope things go well in that area.

Mel
Bless those seniors. Maybe they go outside to get warm like I do at times.
Yikes on the $344 spent on groceries for the month. Maybe the rain will cool things off. Sure wish we could get a good soaking rain. My cousin looked up Kris K's age and he is 75.

Michelle
The fair in Paragould starts in September. My aunt wants to go so if I am not working I will take her. Glad you had a good time.

Annie
Have you melted???

--------
I hate early morning power outages. Of course the plant was in operation so I hurried downstairs to close the valves while the phone was steady ringing and that makes for a good case of nerves. I had to call my super because I couldn't get the valves closed fast enough. Yep water coming out of the clear well. They're gonna have to remember my age and that I can purge these filters by myself. I have this weird feeling that I'll get a warning but if I do I'm gonna remind them that other operator's do not close the filter's at all. and one senior in the past did not even try. So they better not descriminate (sp)
On with the day of work.

annie175 08-07-2011 04:53 PM

geez oh pete, it is hotter than 3 kinds of **** in this house...Thank GOD the repairman is coming tomorrow....only hope he will take payments instead of a goldmine payment when services rendered.

Saw the movie "Horrible Bosses" last night...omgoodness it was so freakin hilarious...if you do not get to the theaters to see it...rent it...I laughed my arse off. It has vulgar language, but heck it is too funny.....

Not much else going one...me tired...gonna take a nap....

Love and hugs.

MELODY525 08-08-2011 06:28 AM

http://glitterimage.info/graphics/im...o-37-85820.gif

MORNING ALL.
I HAVE SOME WORK TO DO TODAY AND A LOAD OF REPORTS.
COMPARED TO SATURDAY, YESTERDAY WAS A BREEZE.
LOTS TO GET DONE AND THEN MAYBE A WASHLOAD.
IT'S BLACK AS NIGHT OUTSIDE AND TWICE AS HOT & HUMID.
THE RAIN HAS MADE IT WORSE THIS TIME. :cry;
EVEN THE LOBBY FLOOR IS TERRIBLE HOT.
I SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN....POOR ANNIE HAS NO A/C. :hug:
NOTHING NEW WITH ME. S.O.S. JUST A DIFFERENT DAY!:lol3:
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEK. STAY STRONG!:moped:

HAPPY....HOPING FOR YOUR & DH'S SAKE THAT THIS WILL ALL BE OVER SOONER RATHER THAN LATER:hug; WHEN YOU GO TO SLEEP....JUST KEEP TELLING YOURSELF THAT GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE. HOLD ON TO THAT THOUGHT. :yoga:

MICHELLE....EATING AT THE FAIR SOUNDED GOOD. I THINK I SMELLED THE HORSES & COWS:lol3: GLAD YOU STAYED STRONG WHILE YOU WERE OUT. GREAT JOB!!

CEEJAY....YOU DID A GREAT JOB DOING THE VALVES. LOOK HOW OTHERS DO IT...OR DON'T DO IT WAS A BETTER DESCRIPTION!!! I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT:hug: I HATE POWER OUTAGES TOO. WE'RE HOPING WE DON'T HAVE ON THIS WEEK WITH THE EXCESSIVE HEAT & RAIN COMBINATION. GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK!! SOME OF THE GROCERIES ALWAYS FIND THEIR WAY UPSTAIRS TO JEN'S APARTMENT AND THE TOTAL INCLUDES ALL WATER AND PAPERGOODS. THE FREEZER IS JAMMED WITH STUFF AND THE CLOSETS FILLED UP. I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE SINCE MARCH!! LOL

ANNIE.....I COULD USE A NAP *& A GOOD MOVIE TO LAUGH AT!! LOL GLAD YOU GOT OUT TO SEE IT AND HAVE FUN. HOPE THE A/C MAN ACCEPTS PAYMENTS TOO. KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT:crossed; GOOD LUCK.

annie175 08-08-2011 08:07 AM

Good Morning Girls..............

I cannot express loudly enough how FN hot it was last night trying to sleep. FINALLY fell asleep around 2, woke up at 4, couldn't sleep so I got up and got ready for work, was here by 6:45 am. I am tired, cranky, and just plain beeee aaaaccchhhyyy. Thank God the repairman comes this afternoon. Not much else going on other than hot hot hot, humid humid humid.

Have a great day ladies, I have to leave at 1 to meet the repairman, so best get at it.

Loves and Hugs.

happy2bme 08-08-2011 08:34 AM

Good morning ladies,

Quick post for me today. With DH away I have to take on his duties one of which is checking on the pool each morning - this morning I found a dead mouse swirling in the skimmer :yikes: No one there to help me but me so I found a cup and scooped it out. No way was I risking touching it. :no: The lawn needs mowing too but I'm not sure I can get the lawnmower started. It's a push style power mower and in the 115 degree heat index I might just leave it for a week - heck the house is not up for sale yet :lol:

I did meet with the realtor we decided to go with on Sunday. She recommended very strongly that we get rid of the wallpaper. Even if we didn't do granite counter tops (which people EXPECT - lah dee dah :snooty: ) she said to take the money and get rid of the wallpaper. She even gave us the name of someone reliable (she says). It sure would help DH if he didn't have to paint 5 rooms by himself and climb scaffolding and rip paper and paint 2 floors high. I know he's concerned about the cost but like Annie, we will find a way to pay for it.

Annie - if you are having the heat we do and the stiffling humidity I can't imagine how you could even get 1 hour of sleep. You'd be better off coming in to the cooler office and sacking out at your desk! I hope you can get through the day without falling asleep and that the repairs are not too costly.

I'm late - forgot to set the clock radio alarm back on over the weekend so I will have to catch up with the rest of the crew later. Here's a hug to hold you till then :hug: :lol: See yahs...

ceejay52 08-08-2011 08:56 AM

Annie
Here's to hopeing that the a.c. needs a good cleaning and some freon. I don't know how you stayed in the house at all. I went to a hotel room when my a.c. went out last summer. I've asked the land lord to come and check mine.

Mel
I do hope that the power stays on for you and the building. And yes the rain only messes with the heat and humidity--making it worse. The last rain Paragould had you could see the steam coming up from the ground.

Happy
eww a dead mouse!!!! I think I'd hire a crew to come and finish the painting and taking down the wall paper. Have a good day at work.

Laura and Shad :wave:
Nothing was said about

me not getting the valves closed all the way this morning. But I did ask the supervisor if I could take the phone off the hook long enough to get them closed. He said yes.
My co-worker was upset this morning with her grown kids. And I couldn't blame her.

Laura705 08-08-2011 11:18 AM

Morning all. Monday already.

Shad – The news with the debt crisis and the market reaction is so troubling. It makes me just want to bury my head in the sand. :yes:

Mel – More adorable graphics – very cute bunny and monkey. :) Sorry you had so many alarms over the weekend – and now the reports to file. :write: I like what you said about you and Jen trying to find something to laugh about every day. Words to live by, given the state of the world today. Stay cool today.

Michelle – Sounds like you had a nice time at the fair on Saturday. Congrats on getting out of the 230’s – great motivation to have going into an event with a number of temptations (with the exception of the deep-fried whatevers)!! Sounds like you handled it wonderfully.

Ceejay – Congrats on the weight loss! I doubt it’s all fluid. :goodscale: Yeh, how do you get a week of groceries for $40?? Glad you enjoyed the concert. Good that nothing came re closing/not closing the valves.

Annie – Today is finally the day for the AC repairman – yay!! Hope you can work out a payment plan for the cost of the repair. Maybe all the money you’ve saved in electricity while the AC’s been out will help with it, hahaha. I hope you have operational AC tonight and can catch up on your sleep!!! :dz: :yawn: I have to start a list of all the movies I’ve wanted to see but have been missing this summer. Horrible Bosses is one of them.

Happy – So sorry to hear dh had such a horrible drive up north with the trailer. And then to have his cell phone meet its death - not a great trip. :( Hope you work out a plan to remove enough furniture, etc from the house to make the staging more effective – and get it to the other house safely. Like you, bf and I also had to look beyond dated décor and oodles of furniture to see the good points of the house we eventually bought, but things sure are different now… Good luck with the wallpaper, whoever ends up removing it. There was a lot of that in our house, and removing it is the first thing we had done (worth every penny, LOL). Sorry this is such a stressful time for you. :hug: Mouse in the pool!! :eek:

Hello Ellen! Hope you and the family are doing well and enjoying the last bit of summer break before your kids go off to school.

My weekend was fine. Dentist now has digitized x-rays – he showed me mine on the laptop – thankfully everything’s good in there, bone is holding everything together, no cavities, etc. We talked about how it’s more important than ever to keep our teeth & gums healthy – they have to last a lot longer now that we’re living so much longer! More good news is that he thinks my night guard will last another 10 years. Good to know – Insurance doesn’t cover them and I’ll have time to save up the $$$ for a new one, LOL.

After that, went to the mall to buy bf’s gift card, then back home to do some laundry. The 50th b-day party Sat. eve. was nice. Outdoors, so thank goodness they thought to rent a giant fan to a) keep us comfortable and b) keep the bugs away. :D There was a dj and karaoke and the police were called about the noise - and it wasn't even 8:30 pm??!! Glad they aren't my neighbors...

The party, however, put bf in a funk – as of yesterday, he is one year away from a big milestone bday and not happy about it. Other than that, he commented yesterday on the fact that the b-day girl from the party is getting heavier and had batwings. But what can we do? Women get batwings, guys go bald. Women get cellulite, men get manb00bs... Among other unpleasant results of aging... :dunno: :shrug:

Anyway, we got home around midnight – not too late - and I woke up at 8:36 am Sunday and managed to make it to a 9 am Zumba toning class. Different instructor (two instructors alternate the Sunday class) and this one didn’t know the routines as well as she could have. I have mixed feelings about that – she should know her stuff, but then again, it lets me off the hook because how can I get it right when she doesn’t, LOL. Doesn’t matter – my heart was pumping and I was sweating like crazy, so I know I got a good workout. :exercise:

More laundry, puttering, a nice b-day dinner, and some reading rounded out the weekend. Bf liked his gift and has already decided he will build up a 3-day beard growth prior to his barber spa shave.

Today has started with the weird TOM headache. :headach: Going to pop some ibuprofen after I post this. That’s enough (well, probably more than enough) for now. TTYL.

diyana 08-08-2011 01:29 PM

Definitely having a MONDAY! I just hope I survive long enough to make it to physical therapy at 2:30...and then Zumba after that. I definitely need to sweat away some stress.

Sorry no personals today.

Love and hugs to all,

annie175 08-08-2011 02:03 PM

Stay Strong Chelle.....AC man where are you...waiting and waiting and waiting................................

annie175 08-08-2011 04:16 PM

SO FREAKIN EXCITED.......IT WAS ONLY A CAPACITOR FOR THE AC...TOTAL COST...45 FOR PART...68 FOR LABOR..WHICH IS REDICULOUS IN MY OPINION.....113.00 TOTAL....YEAH....PARTY OVER HERE...JOIN ME!!! GOING TO DINNER WITH 9 OTHER WOMEN FRIENDS...TO MELTING POT...GOOGLE IT...IT IS A FONDUE PLACE....CHEERS!!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer::kickbutt: :kickbutt::cheers::cheers::encore::encore::dancer: :dancer::bravo::bravo:

Laura705 08-08-2011 04:50 PM

Woohooo Annie!!! :woohoo: So glad it wasn't big bucks to fix the AC!!! :lucky:

:carrot: :cb: :cp: :yay:

Enjoy the fondue tonight!!! Have a great night's sleep in your AC'd house!!!

Shad 08-08-2011 05:09 PM

Morning all,
Short post, on the run, busy as.

Annie - glad it didn't cost too much and that you are enjoying your cool air. Times were that the parts cost more than the labour, but that was a long time ago. With rising transport costs and a rising cost of living, they have to do what they have to do.

Happy - hang in there. Strangely enough, wallpaper is back in vogue over here especially for feature walls etc. Don't mind a bit of wallpaper myself and have been known to do the odd spot of wallpaper hanging over the years even on split level cathedral ceiling houses.

Mel - been on a spree I see, got everything filled up again. Now you will have to eat or declutter. Which will it be?

Michelle - Sounds abit strange, hope everything is okay for you.

Ceejay - Good for you doing the job properly. Good maintenance that.

Laura - glad to hear that all went well with the dentist and that you won't have to replace the night guard for a good while.
I have great difficulty understanding the huge number of people who bemoan their fate just because they reach a certain number in a chronological age. Embrace it all, lets face it, no one has ever managed to get younger yet, only older and sometimes wearier. That's life. As for people getting batwings and baldness etc., have we tried looking in a mirror lately?

Better go and get on with the perplexities of strategy planning and measurement reading lists - another day, another dollar.