3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Absolutely Awesome August for the Worldly Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/239621-absolutely-awesome-august-worldly-chicks.html)

MELODY525 08-15-2011 06:49 AM

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE:coffee:

TODAY IS A WORK DAY. GUESS THE LOVE OF THE JOB WOKE ME BEFORE 5:30.
I AM WASHED, DRESSED AND READY TO GO BUT THE OFFICE DOESN'T OPEN TILL 9:00! :rofl:
YESTERDAY WAS QUIET WITH ONLY ONE MORE FALSE ALARM.
ANOTHER GRANDCHILD. THE COP TOLD HER TO TELL THE CHILD NO MORE!!
SOMETIMES I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A MEETING IN THE BLDG AND
LET THE TENANTS KNOW THAT THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR IS UNACCEPTABLE. BUT WHO AM I TO SAY.
AFTER ALL THEY'RE 100 VOTERS. GOD FORBID WE SHOULD ANGER THEM. :faint:

ALL IS WELL IN MY CORNER OF THE WORLD. HOPE IT IS IN YOURS.:moped:

HAPPY........AFTER I POSTED YESTERDAY AND SAW AOL'S HOMEPAGE IT WAS DEPRESSING. NO GOOD NEWS ANYMORE. ALL HORROR STORIES:cry:
GLAD DH MADE IT BACK AND YOU ARE TOGETHER AGAIN :love:
MAYBE YOU AND HE CAN HAVE A PETTING ZOO WITH THE TURKEYS!!:turkey:
IT CAN BE PART OF THE INCOME FOR THE COMMUNE!!!

CEEJAY.....THAT WAS GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE TIRE. RICHIE KEEPS PICKING UP NAILS ALL THE TIME.
TOLD HIM HE'S A MAGNET!!
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR WEEKEND WAS FILLED WITH COUSIN SIGHTINGS!!
HOW NICE AND EVEN IN THE RESTAURANT!! HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD TIME MEETING UP ALL OVER TOWN!!

happy2bme 08-15-2011 07:22 AM

Good morning kids,

Just having a quick coffee and checking in. It's 65 degrees and dark outside. Can't remember that in a long time. I opened some windows just to get fresh air into the house. At least for an hour or so. Mel you are up, washed, dressed, and posted before I even have both eyes opened! I guess you are the only one in the state if NJ looking forward to going to work today :rofl: I was checking out the weather last night and it seems that your area really got innundated with the rain this weekend. Are you boating or swimming? I think you ought to take some of these errant grandbrats and dump them in the Hudson :lol: No wonder they don't want kids in with the after 55 housing. I know what it's like being pushed around by the owners / voters. We got bullied like that at the Financial Exchange. Every time we tried to set rules the membership (EF Huttons, Merrill Lynches, etc) would be :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: if you don't let us have our way we are going to take our business to NYC. Ok, ok already so GO. Don't let the door crack you on the kiester on the way out! What can I say - we are still here and they are not so there :p :rofl:

Ok, if no one is here then that means I have time to fold the batch of clothes finishing up in the dryer. See y'all later.

ceejay52 08-15-2011 08:58 AM

Morning everyone

Mel
I was up by 5.30 also but I have to be at work by 7 a.m. It's going to be a long day.

Happy
I was shocked by the cooler temps this morning. We had some fog also. I'm hoping this means fall is around the corner.

My boss has brought some paper work so I guess I need to get started.

annie175 08-15-2011 10:28 AM

Good Monday Morning to Everyone...big Michigan bosses do not get here til Wednesday afternoon this week. Oh I can hardly wait...NOT.

The tragedy at the IN State Fair has us all saddened around here. There was a public memorial service at the free stage at the fair this morning at 9:00 am. 5 people killed and many in ICU. SO sad.

Finally got to see Harry Potter yesterday. I really liked it. Once it got going, it was pretty action packed. My brother's band once again ROCKED the house Saturday night. THey are on FB if you wanna listen to some of their jam under Six Figures Band. Took a 1 1/2 mile walk in a beautiful park yesterday, the weather was actually nice and it was mind refreshing.

No personals right now, gearing up for meetings end of week. Get wells to all those who need it physically and also those of us (me) who need it mentally. May the force of 10 women be with you all today....

Loves and Hugs

Laura705 08-15-2011 11:15 AM

Morning all.

Happy - Good to hear dh is safely home. Now you two can keep each other from getting too stressed out! Sorry you can't work it out with the stylist's schedule. What a nice problem for her to have!! Good luck finding a new person to handle your hair. Okay, that statement sounded sort of funny. Sort of like the radio ad I heard this morning for a dentist doing a new type of gum surgery - the patient extolling his virtues said she no longer had "deep pockets", LOL. Guess her dental insurance didn't cover all of the cost... :lol3: Enjoy your class today - or at least make sure you stay awake!! :coffee2:

Mel - Glad it was a quiet weekend for you. Don't the responders to these alarms charge a fee if it was a false alarm?? I guess that would really tick off the residents..er, voters... Have a good day!

Ceejay - Glad the tire wasn't damaged by the nail. So nice running into family members when you were out and about over the weekend. Fog huh?

Annie - Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Very sad about the state fair tragedy. :( The book club members are telling me the Harry Potter books are really good, even if wizardry and spells, etc aren't my thing. Maybe I'll read them someday. Followed by watching the movies, of course.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!

My weekend was fine. I took a zyrtec pill Friday afternoon and right after I walked the dog (several hours later) it finally seemed like it kicked in and I was sooo sleepy. :dz: So I postponed the brownies and fell asleep early in front of the tv.

Saturday morning I made the brownies and then I was off to book club. Four of us ended up making the drive together. We got stuck in heavy rain both ways, wouldn't you know it. Still better to go in warm weather than cold/snow/ice.

Since the author is a friend of the member/host, we couldn't just come out and say we absolutely loathed the book, but we definitely provided our "constructive criticism". :D We did get the background on the author and it's scary to think that writing a murder mystery novel was actually a cathartic process for her. What if she didn't have that outlet??!! :eek: I might be proposing a new rule for our book club - well, I guess this would be our first rule, hahaha - no one can personally know the author of the book they recommend. Or there has to be a "no holding back" understanding when it comes to discussing the book.

The rest of the weekend was ho-hum. Sunday morning & early afternoon was rather lazy, and then bf and I went to Ikea. He wanted to eat some Swedish meatballs. :rolleyes: Of course with the new catalog just coming out and kids going back to college, it was a zoo. But after we ate, we ended up in the area where they have the TV stands. We're still trying to find a replacement that will work with our TV and our chosen spot for the tv. That particular spot includes a heat/AC register that would be blocked by 99.99% of the tv stands/cabinets on the market, so we have to configure one to have an opening to allow the heat/ac to pass through. And while Ikea might not be known for its fine furniture, their stuff can be configured almost any way you want. We didn't buy anything yet, but I'd like to get back there soon and get this taken care of because the other alternative was having the tv mounted over the fireplace, and I HATE that idea.

I watched the dvd "Country Strong" w/ Gwineth Paltrow and Tim McGraw last night. It was just so-so. Predictable. My hamstring is still very sore, so my only exercise was dog walks Fri, Sat & Sun. Not sure about exercise tonight.

The new guy started today and our group will do lunch. I still miss the previous manager, but oh well, I'll get over it. I'm sure he'll bring a lot to the table. New dynamic, etc. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Other than that, it's nice that the weather has been cooler. :) Oh, meant to say that I opened the electric bill the other day and was pleasantly surprised that the bill was only $108. With all that heat and running AC 24/7, I thought it would be twice as much. It was fun faking out bf pretending it was so bad, haha. But I'm somewhat pessimistic and think this is short-lived. ComEd doesn't know what it's doing most of the time and even though the readings on the bill both state "actual" - who knows? But bf said they've been coming and physically doing the readings...we'll see what next month's bill shows. :crossed:

That's it for me! TTFN.

MELODY525 08-16-2011 07:17 AM

:cofdate: GOOD MORNING CHICKS

THESE DARK DAYS ARE KEEPING ME YAWNING. :faint:
ONE MINUTE IS FULL SUN AND THE OTHER NIGHT TIME.
WE'VE GOT PLENTY OF WATER FOR ALL THE DROUGHTS AROUND THE WORLD TOO.
YESTERDAY WENT BY FAST AND I LEFT EARLY. JUST TOO SLEEPY.
MAYBE TAKE TODAY OFF AND WORK TOMORROW.
2 BOSSES WON'T BE IN THEN. GOOD DAY TO GET STTUFF DONE UNINTERRUPTED.
THE GOVT IS TRYING TO FORCE ALL OF US POOR PEEPS INTO AN HMO.
THEY GAVE US 3 CHOICES. NONE OF WHICH MY DRS LIKE. :lol3:
THIS FIGURES. OVER THE WEEKEND I BETTER LOOK INTO IT. DECISIONS NEED TO BE MADE BY MID SEPT OR THEY CHOOSE ONE FOR YOU:yikes:
NOTHING ELSE IS NEW SO I AM OFF TO BEGIN THE DAY :moped:

HAPPY......I HAVE BEEN MORE VOCAL WITH THE SENIORS AND THINGS SEEM TO BE CHANGING FOR THE BETTER. BUT IT IS A PAINFULLY SLOW PROCESS DUE TO ME HAVING THE BE "MANNERLY" ABOUT IT:rofl: :rofl: AFTER ALL....THERE IS JUST SO MANY TIMES I CAN SAY FOOK IN ONE SENTENCE!!:devil: BETWEEN THEM AND THE LARGE CORPORATIONS, IT'S LIKE BEING HELD HOSTAGE OR FOREVER FEELING LIKE A FOOKING "CRUISE DIRECTOR". THAT'S WHAT JOHN CALLS ME. LOL
HOPE YOUR DAY WAS A GOOD ONE:hug:

CEEJAY....WE COULD HAVE HAD OUR MORNING COFFEE TOGETHER:coffee: HOPE THE PAPERWORK WAS LIGHT AND EASY!!:write:

ANNIE......THE IN TRAGEDY WAS SO TERRIBLE. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT. CAN IMAGINE WHAT A HORRIBLE SHOCK AND LOSS IT WAS. OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF YOU.:hug:
THE WALK SOUNDED NICE AND HOPE THE END OF WEEK MEETINGS GO WELL. MAY THE FORCE OF 20 WOMEN BE WITH YOU THIS WEEK AND GOOD THOUGHTS FOR THE HEAD MIND AS WELL :yoga:

LAURA......HOPE YOU DO GET THE RULE PASSED FOR THE BOOK CLUB. GOOD IDEA CAUSE IT MADE IT SO HARD ON YOU ALL TO CRITICIZE. WTF!!! SCARY THOUGHT INDEED ON THE CATHARTIC WRITING!!!:yikes: DANG!! JUST GLAD YOU GOTH THERE & BACK IN THE RAIN SAFE AND SOUND. HOPE THE HAMMY FEELS BETTER TOO:hug: NO JUMPING AROUND FOR YOU THIS WEEK AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW MANAGER!!!

happy2bme 08-16-2011 07:51 AM

Good morning chicks,

It's going to be an ugly day at work today I think. I am trying to keep things in perspective. I did not create this situation. *deep breaths* Class was good. It was nice to have the mind challenged for a change. Guess today is not the day to ask for the software that goes along with the class I took. :dunno: Poor DH is really sick from his new medicine. It's not really controlling the blood pressure - he actually went to the emergency room at the hospital yesterday. It was high but not in the 200's they usually hospitalize one for. They wanted to keep him over night to observe but he had driven me to the class and knew I had no way to get home. This morning I found him in the other bedroom. One of the things the b/p med helps control is terrible migraines for him. Any time they mess with his medicine he gets a bad one. I covered him with a blanket and got him some ice packs for his head. The grass hasn't been mowed in 2 weeks and needs to be tended to. No doubt that is on his mind and he will try and get up although I can help out when I get home tonight. I'm just worried about him...

Michelle - I saw your note on FB about how sick you and hubby are. Poor guys - wish I could send you some tea, toast and soup to feel better :grouphug: Just take care of each other and get your rest. I hope DH does not have to go to work :yikes: Be careful with that bronchitis yourself.

Mel - Captain Mellie - :lol: where are we sailing today? I can get used to saying take me away Captain Mel :D I giggle at the idea of you herding the seniors fooking under your breath :lol3: Thanks for the smile today. I am noticing the days getting shorter myself :cry:

Laura - you were up in Rockford the same time as my DH - he talked about the bad storms up that way. Seems like a rough ride just to discuss a book you had to tiptoe around. I agree it was rather cheezy of the host to discuss her friend's book - makes for an awkward situation. Next meeting perhaps you all write a composition in those black and white spotted books :write: How I Spend The Summer of 2011 and discuss :rofl:

It's getting late - guess I have to drag myself into work for my beating... :sigh: Will try and catch up with the rest later.

Love to the chicks...

ceejay52 08-16-2011 09:03 AM

Laura
I really hate driving in those hard rains. Hope the hamstring gets well soon
I've been thinking about watching some Harry Potter. I'm not fond of the witch craft etc, though.

Happy
Hope the dh feels better today. Don't you love drama at work. Sometimes we have to grin and bare it. You'll do fine.

Annie
Did you get that report done?

Mel
Are you going back to work today?
--------------------------------------------
I could get used to these cool mornings and low humidity in the afternoon, but the hot is suppose to return this week end.

Laura705 08-16-2011 11:21 AM

Morning all.

Mel - Maybe the shorter days are why I keep hitting the snooze button on the alarm! :lol: Sorry none of the insurance plan choices are any good.

Happy - Sorry dh continues to have the bp med problems and the side effects!! I hope today at work isn't ugly as you are predicting. Keep your eyes on the prize!

Ceejay - I'm not into the science fiction/fantasy category of books myself, but I'm told the Harry Potter series is good. I'm sure the movies are entertaining as well. Honestly, if it's well done, I could certainly get sucked into it. Bf has been trying to convince himself that the extreme heat & humidity are now gone for the summer, and as much as I like that thought, I'm not going to count on it.

Michelle - haven't been checking FB, but Happy says you and your dh are both sick now - you poor things! I hope you're both resting and starting to feel better. :hug: :getwell:

Hellos to Shad, Ellen and Annie. :wave:

Nothing much to report. No exercise, just took doggy for a walk last night. Watched part of Hawaii 5-0 last night - didn't care for it. Then we watched a dvr'd Rizzoli & Isles. It's sort of goofy, but I like it. I think it's based on a series of books, so I'll have to check that out. So many books, so little time...

Tonight we're seeing Captain America. I never read any Capt. America comic books, so we'll see. If nothing else, Chris Evans should at least make decent eye candy.

diyana 08-16-2011 12:58 PM

quick check in....I'm still alive. Still having a little trouble breathing. Trying to work from home for a couple hours today. I've got a doc appt that I need to leave for in an hour. MY doctor is FINALLY back from vacation, and I just want to see him to see if there's anything else I can do (or be on) to help me get over this faster.

DH has pneumonia. Poor guy. He was getting sick over the weekend, but couldn't rest because he had to put in a lot of extra hours for work. Seems to be how he and I roll lately. Lots of working leading to illness and forced rest.

Anyway, I'm sending healing :hug: :hug: and :getwell: to all those who need it physically or mentally or emotionally.

I love you all.

Shad 08-16-2011 08:13 PM

Morning all,

:hugs: and :grouphugs: for those suffering in one way or another. I've finally managed to get back into the site. Must have been down for maintenance or something.

Not much happening around here. We have a public holiday for Ekka as Mel so rightly came up with the other night. It's really the equivalent of a State fair although the Townsville show or the Cairns show might query that. I haven't been in years and don't feel like it again this year. Too many people with too many screaming kids - let me into the bullring! But I am going to do some garden work today - fix a few things, weed a few things - dig a few things - mow a few things. And sit around with coffee and a book a lot.

Work carries on. We were more or less told to take today off since it seems we have just about broken the budget. Never ending story that. I have one more week before I am due to travel again and I will be away for around 4 weeks (working days only) and home for the weekends. I'm going to a mine called Moolarben near a place called Mudgee which is somewhere in the middle of New South Wales. Still it is money coming in. I can't complain.

Anyway, I had better get on with today before it gets away on me. Coffee first and then some irrigation stuff.

MELODY525 08-17-2011 07:57 AM

:cofdate: GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES.
I WOKE UP LATE TODAY AND NEED TO GET A MOVE ON.
I HAD 2 ALARMS LAST NIGHT AND THE LAST ONE ENDED AT ALMOST 2am.
BOTH BOSSES OFF TODAY PLUS ANOTHER WOMAN.
I DID END UP WORKING A BIT YESTERDAY. THEY ARE SO SHORT HANDED. BUT THEN THEY BROUGHT IT ON THEMSELVES. :faint: TYPICAL.
GOT A $20 CASH GIFT YESTERDAY. TRIED TO GIVE IT BACK A FEW TIMES BUT NO DICE. SO THANK YOU MA'AM:hug: AND WITH THE SUN FINALLY COMING OUT IT WAS A GOOD DAY.
I BETTER GRAB SOMETHING TO EAT AND GET DRESSED. I HAVE TO OPEN THE OFFICED AND REMOVE ALARMS BEFORE THEY SET THEM OFF!
HAVE A SUPER DAY :moped:

HAPPY....I THOUGHT OF YOU ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SUN SET IN A DIFFERENT PLACE AND THEN CAME UP THIS MORNING AND MY BEDROOM WAS SO MUCH DARKER :cry: I AM SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DH. CAN THEY NOT PUT HIM BACK ON THE OLD MEDS?? JUST WHAT HE NEEDS NOW....MIGRAINES AND ER TRIPS:hug: SENDING HIM LOTS OF GOOD THOUGHTS. :getwell: DON'T FORGET TO KEEP YOUR "PATIENCE" UNDER CONTROL WITH THIS ADDED STRESS:hug: A HUG FOR YOU TOO.

CEEJAY.....IT'S FUNNY HOW OUR WEATHER IS JUST ABOUT THE SAME BUT A DAY APART. WE ARE FINALLY HAVING SOME SUN HERE:sunny: I LOVE THIS COOL TOO.

LAURA....HOPE YOU ENJOY THE MOVIE. IT WAS A HUGE BOX OFFICE HIT.
I HAVEN'T SEEN MANY TRAILERS FOR IT THOUGH WHEN IT OPENED.
EYE CANDY IS SUCH A GOOD THING :love:

MICHELLE.....NOT BEING A "MODERATION" KIND OF PERSON ENDED ME UP IN THE HOSPITAL. NEVER GOING BACK THERE!! SO I AM LEARNING QUICKLY :rofl: SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT DH NOW TOO. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS AND GET WELL WISHES TO YOU BOTH. HOPE THE DR APPT WENT OK ALSO :getwell:

http://www.yancoalaustralia.com.au/_...050608-071.jpg
SHAD......BELOW IS A PICTURE OF THE GUYS ALL LINED UP AND WAITING TO WELCOME YOU AT MOOLARBEN!!
I GOOGLED THE MINE AND FOUND THEM. :drool:
NOT BAD FOR BEING ONE OF THE ONLY WOMAN THERE!! :belly: HOPE YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD 4 WEEKS. GUESS IT WILL BE TIRING FLYING BACK AND FORTH THOUGH. STAY STRONG AND EAT HEALTHY FOODS. DON'T FORGET THE WATER TABLETS!!
http://www.yancoalaustralia.com.au/_...pc5500-048.jpg

happy2bme 08-17-2011 08:20 AM

Good morning ladies,

Hump day, garbage day as Annie would say. Wish it was sleep in day ;) A little gray this morning - but maybe it's just the day getting shorter too. Would have loved an extra hour of sleep but it's not to be. Gotta get up and get the trash out. I came home yesterday and helped DH with the lawn. I did several things wrong - our other mower we had in Chicago was much easier to use than this one. He said I helped but I'm not so sure he was just being kind. :^: I planted a couple of flowers I bought this weekend into pots - just trying to spruce the outside up a bit. Giant crash of thunder just now - guess we will get some rain after all. DH's blood pressure finally came down. Doctor said it's a combo of stuff going on in our lives and sleep apnea. He was pushing the sleep apnea for over a year now and DH wasn't having anything of it. He really is a fussy sleeper and we both know he won't be sleeping with any expensive CPAP mask. But I guess something got to him yesterday and he said what the heck, let's give it a try. I guess he had to decide between the cpap mask and the blood pressure medicine that worked but had a side effect of a red blotch that was slowly spreading across his face. Geez, it's really thundering out there now - shaking the house but no rain yet. I avoided a beat down at work - boss has more mood swings than anyone I have ever seen. :rolleyes: :D one minute to :rollpin: in less than 5 seconds. I also found out that someone whom I thought was friendly - we always got along great - is actually a little snitch. Goes running to the boss twisting every comment one makes into something it isn't. I guess she's really scared about her own lackluster performance (or perhaps it's a giant ego) and feels she has to throw the fireball at others to divert attention away from herself. Seeing as how she has quite the potty mouth, she draws enough attention without even trying. Anyway suffice to say that we have a strictly professional demeanor going forward. I will no doubt be rewarded for this by being talked about by my co-workers as being "cold", "stiff" and "hard to work with". That is for the few times they actually acknowledge my presence. My coworker sees that she's the next in line for this treatment so we are both making exit plans. It's really sad because once upon a time I remember working hard, having a good time and enjoying my team mates. The backstabbing and sniping was left to the executives. :dunno:

Shad - I love how the budget runs out always just as you have barely begun your piece of the work. I like the name Mudgee but I'm sure it's no tourist spa - will have to give us the run down...

Michelle - sending you and DH some good healing vibes. :hug: Seems like sinus season is starting early and in full force - I'm sure that doesn't help you either.

Laura - I think DH is right about the weather - you might get a day or two of heat left but the closer you get to September, the more the days cool down. Less sun, less time to heat up. Has been a crazy weather summer the last 3 years up your way.

Ceejay - hot to me is hot enough to warm the pool up and I don't think it's going to get that hot again. I have mixed feelings about it. Of course it's easier to say when you don't have to work in it.

Mel - you haven't posted yet. Hope all is well on your side of the slab.

Annie - sending you mental strength and the will power and fortitude to handle the bosses this afternoon.

Love to the chicks - time for me to get out and brave the storm :rain:

annie175 08-17-2011 08:25 AM

Good Morning All.....

MELLIE...I think I would unplug or take the batteries out of the alrams. lol....with all the false alarms and rarely need alarms...disarm the alarms woman!

CHELLE....you poor things...here is a huge hug for you and DH. Man, you two have had your share of colds and whatnot. Love yuns

SHADDIE....hi ho, hi ho, off to work we all go...and you are right...at least there will be $$ coming in.

HAPPY....I am sending you much need peace of mind and a stress free day! Hugs.

CEEJAY...We have been having wonderful weather for the past 5 or 6 days, but after today, the heat is supposed to return...blah.

LAURA....I agree with you on the book club rule...I mean stay in the truck if you can't take the heat..right.

Hey to Ellen..

Will try to get back later, this week is nuts here.

Loves and Hugs...get wells all the way around!!

annie175 08-17-2011 08:29 AM

HAPPY...you little sneaker inner you.....sometimes it's best just to keep to ourselves at work, cause you just never know about people. It is sad with the economy and job loss that the work environment has come to snitching and not a fun, friendly place to work. Hugs girlie