3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Absolutely Awesome August for the Worldly Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/239621-absolutely-awesome-august-worldly-chicks.html)

annie175 08-04-2011 07:52 PM

and the **** 3FC blanked out was H*ll not f*ck

Shad 08-04-2011 11:18 PM

Ha Ha - blanks out some things and not others. Interesting.

MELODY525 08-05-2011 06:51 AM

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...ishes/morn.jpg

GOTTA LOVE WHAT A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP WILL DO FOR A BODY.
I WENT TO BED & WATCH TV AT ABOUT 9PM AND FELL ASLEEP AT 9:01!!! GOOD THING I TURNED THE TV OFF RIGHT AWAY.
I DIDN'T WAKE UP TILL 6 AM.
READY TO EAT MY BIG GIRL CEREAL NOW AND GIVE THAT A SHOT.
I DID HAVE A VERY HARD TIME EATING A SMALL PORTION OF ZITI. KEPT TELLING MYSELF....REMEMBER THE PAIN!!
THAT MANTRA KEPT ME OUT OF THE KITCHEN :rofl: :rofl:
I WANT TO POST THIS AND GET OUT WHILE THE SUN SHINES.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.:moped:

SHAD... :cheers: HERE'S TO YOUR NEW DO & I HOPE IT LASTED THRU THE NIGHT.
WISHING HER A LONG & PROSPEROUS BUSINESS. LATER HOURS MIGHT JUST GET A LOT OF ATTENTION AND $$$$$.
HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND!!:hug:

HAPPY....I WAS SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE JOBS NOT COMING THRU FOR YOU.
MAYBE THE LESSON FOR BOTH OF US THIS YEAR IS "PATIENCE'. IN THE HOSPITAL, I DID EVERYTHING I HAD TO DO
AND THEN GAVE IT TO GOD. NOT TO BE A PREACHER, CAUSE YOU KNOW ME...LOL.....BUT SOMETIMES
YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE FAITH WHILE YOU'RE DOING YOUR BEST. I NEVER PRAYED SO MUCH FOR A HOUSE!!
HOPING IT WORKS. SENDING LOVE AND HUGS YOUR WAY:hug:

LAURA..... SENDING GOOD WORKING THOUGHTS YOUR WAY TOO!! SOME OF OUR VENDORS HAVE BEEN
FORCED BY THE GOVT TO LOWER THEIR BIDS....IF NOT WE PICK THE LOWEST BID AND WILL LOSE THEM.
CRAP KEEPS HITTING THE FAN ACROSS THE USA. HOPE YOU HAVE A "HEAD-FREE" WEEKEND.

ANNIE.....DANG...1043 DEGREES IS FOOKING HOT WOMAN :flame: I HAVE TO GO BACK AND RE-READ.....
SOMEHOW I MISSED THE PART ABOUT YOU QUITTING CVS. BUT I AM GLAD YOU DID. ;cheer3:
IT ISN'T MY BIRTHDAY MONTH....MARCH IS. BUT WE CAN CELEBRATE CEEJAY'S TOWARDS THE END OF THE MONTH:hb:
UNLESS YOU WANT TO START MINE NOW AND CONTINUE ON THRU THE YEAR!!!:cheers: JUST LET ME KNOW!:lol3: :lol3:
HOPE THE A/C WON'T BE MUCH....SEE IF HE WILL TAKE IT OUT IN TRADE:belly: I'LL PRAY FOR A CUTE REPAIRMAN FOR YOU!!

CEEJAY......HOPE YOU ARE STAYING AS COOL AS POSSIBLE AT THE JOB. HOW WAS THE DR APPT???
I MIGHT HAVE MISSED YOUR POST ALSO LAST NIGHT.

MICHELLE....THE EXERCISING IS GOING GREAT AND I WAVED GOODBYE TO THE DEAR MOTHER IN LAW:wave:
DECEMBER WILL BE HERE BEFORE YOU KNOW IT:hohoho: TRY AS SHE MIGHT....OUR SHAD CANNOT KEEP SANTA AWAY :rudolph:

i had to come back to edit....i thought laura lost her boss not annie. guess i got mixed up last night....that will teach me not to take notes!!! :lol3:

happy2bme 08-05-2011 08:29 AM

Good morning peeps of the World,

Geez, on top of everything else the stock market is crashing. Dear God, how much more can we take???? Poor DH is having a rough go of things too. Trouble and worry are our best friends lately. I guess this is a good opportunity to learn how to live on pennies a day. 'nuff said about that. Glad it's Friday.

Mel - I loved the graphic. Thanks for the prayers - I totally understand what you mean about giving it up to God. Sometimes you have to just quit fretting and trust that things will resolve themselves :hug: I didn't realize until you posted about the baby food - you are recovering nicely with the tummy - just remember to lay off the booze and the BBQ :rofl: Annie had me 3 ways to :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: about the birthday month too because I THOUGHT you were right before me and Shad. Oh that Annie :nono: :D She just wants to see if we are on our toes. I'm glad the people helped you out at TJ's. Why wouldn't they? I'm sure you are a welcome friendly face there.

Shad - DH tried the temp agency route with about 4 of them - they are only interested in you if they can immediately place you and make money off of you. Companies are sitting on their cash right now and cutting way back on spending so the agencies are filled with candidates and no jobs. Might have to check out being a check out chick once again. (My first job ever at Sears - check out chick extroardinaire - could have had a long and illustrious career if I could have survived on $1.05 a hour wages :lol: ) But thanks for the suggestion anyhow... Glad you hair came out good. You need one of those wash, shake, go styles. Or just pull it back in a ponytail like some people do in the office. Except one should not wear a pony tail after the age of 40. Enjoy your weekend - you got a head start on the rest of us.

Annie - I am blowing really hard in your direction (and turned the fan on high too) to blow those dark clouds away from you. I'm so sorry about the extra house expenses. Wishing you some extra cash from somewhere... I had to laugh about the dropped cupcakes - it's not that it's funny - just some days you have to :dunno: and say WHAT ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did look up Gigi's and darn if they don't have a storefront right by my grocery store down the street. Good thing I am not a fan of icing. But the cake flavors looked heavenly. Maybe I will try one the day before we move out of here :lol: I hope things go better for you - saying some extra prayers for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Laura - what can I say about the vendor rep other than they always get rid of the good people. I think the schmoozers and schemers are the only ones who get to hang around anymore. We are top heavy with management in our place and there are several shining examples of "how the heck did they get a job?????". I hope you can get in enough classes to make your passport worthwhile. Did you find anything you want to stick with going forward?

Michelle - hope you had a productive and restful day off yesterday. Shame you had to take it mid week and work today and this weekend. That's right - I forgot about vacation and having to place the pups. Boarding costs as much as a nice room for us! I hope your work gets over quickly and you have some relax time. I'm glad you clarified that you have a rider mower. Here I was thinking you were doing a push one - even a power mower and I was wondering HOW your back tolerated it!

Ok girls - I am giggling over the price wars of the Worldlies for Rotisserie chicken. Waiting on your bid Michelle... Ceejay - did you run to the store yet????

Ok, I have to go feed Mr. Feral, check the pool filter pressure and get on with the day. Have a good one chickies. :wave:

diyana 08-05-2011 08:55 AM

Happy Friday/Saturday ladies -

I'm so very glad it's Friday, though it will be a busy one for me. Work, then meet with website client, then working this evening and early tomorrow morning as my reports are being implemented. The rest of tomorrow will be at the fair enjoying all the animals and summer fun. Then Sunday it's website work...finishing up on the big website redesign so I can invoice it and then move on to other clients' work. Don't worry ladies, I am making time to eat right, exercise and enjoy the lovely summer weather we're finally getting!!

Laura - Yesterday was gorgeous weather up here too. Hopefully it will be like that all weekend. :) Glad your boss is working from home today. I really, really, really need to get my hair colored soon. Maybe later this month or early next month. Time and $$ are at a premium right now. I wish I could workout in the morning before work every day...but I wake up at 4 and don't really like the idea of getting up even earlier, so morning workouts only happen on days off. What exercise class did you get to last night?

Shad - I love having those productive days...doesn't happen as often as I'd like unfortunately. So nice that you brought champagne to celebrate your stylist opening her new business. Any good weekend plans?

Annie - I wish I lived closer. You and Hella could've stayed at my house. I'm definitely praying the Megamillions and Powerball prayer too. Walking the lazy river is fun...and very refreshing. I wish I could do it today...but my website client needs to meet with me. :tantrum: :tantrum:

Mel - Glad you got a good night's sleep! Maybe I should use the "remember the pain" mantra to keep me out of the kitchen! I really believe that the lesson for me this year is "patience" as well. I'm learning to be patient with my body, with my weight loss, with nearly everything. Patience has never been my strong suit.

Ceejay - Hope you had a great time at the concert!

Happy - I hope DH feels better soon. What's this about not wearing a pony tail after the age of 40? I don't know if I've ever heard that one. I wear a pony tail nearly all the time when I'm not at work. Just makes it easier to run errands or go places when I don't feel like curling my hair.

Gotta get some work done...talk to ya' later, my friends!

Lots of love and hugs,

Laura705 08-05-2011 11:11 AM

Morning all. TGIF!!

Shad - That sounds like a fun hair appointment! Best wishes for the success of your friend's new business.

Annie - Hoping the $$$ for the AC repair find you somehow. :crossed: Or - whose idea was a trade/barter? Mel, I think it was you. Good idea - make some of your meals, offer up gardening help, etc. :D In the meantime - don't you have a basement where you can cool off?

Mel - With the exercise and no storms I've been sleeping well the past few days too - it's what a body needs!! Love the graphic this morning - very cute. :)

Happy - You hit the nail on the head with the termination of the vendor person - she wasn't a good-looking schmoozer. And the way they did the termination was sneaky too... This company has good people, and we use people from both the Chi office as well as their other offices, but I really hate the way the Chi office is run... No ponytails after 40? Again I'm a fashion scofflaw - that's my usual 'do in this hot weather - and espec. right now, since I'm not liking this haircut much. :no:

Michelle - Busy weekend coming up for you!! Hope everything goes smoothly with your report implementation & the website work and you enjoy your time at the fair. :moo: :ink: :chicken: I went to the Freemotion Circuit class last night. There were no newbies in class, so the instructor kept more tightly to the 30-second circuit intervals. Surprise - we finished early, lol. Oh, I don't have a terry headband anymore, but I have two terry wristbands, so I wore those. Not that great. I'll continue w/ the hand towels.

Hellos to Ceejay and Ellen!! :wave:

Nothing much to report. Just doing the math re the circuit class - 16 intervals @ 30 seconds each - 8 minutes, x 3 complete circuits=24 min, plus about 5 min track time, 5 min warmup, 10 min cooldown... about 45 min, but have to build in cushion for the extra bits between each interval, etc ...guess that brings us to the usual hour.

This weekend is a dental appt on Sat morning and a 50th b-day party for a friend's gf on Sat. evening. That party has a tropical theme, but the dress I'm wearing isn't very tropical, so I will wear either my parrot earrings or my tropical fish earrings - or one of each, lol. Sun. is bf's b-day and we're finally going to use a gift card we have for a nice Italian restaurant. Happy - it's Francesca's Tavola in Arl. Hts. Never been there. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy bf a gift card to "The Art of Shaving" which sells shaving products and also has a "barber spa". He's always wanted one of those fancy shaves w/ the hot towel, etc. There's one in Woodfield Mall, so it'll be very convenient.

With the install of my new handlebars, bf has determined the cables have to be changed out because they are too short for these handlebars. May not be cycling this weekend. :( :bike:

Okay, enough rambling. :blah: Have a good weekend everyone!
:flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

annie175 08-05-2011 02:36 PM

Afternoon.

Took Linda to Seasons 52 for lunch as this was her last day-she got caught up in the RIF (reduction in force)...YUM....all the entrees are 475 cals or less. I had scallops, grilled aspargas and baby spinach salad. Carrot cake for dessert which came in a double shot glass. Perfect size...you can bet it wasn't 475 or less calories.

Laura...this sounds like a math story problem to me....lol...."Nothing much to report. Just doing the math re the circuit class - 16 intervals @ 30 seconds each - 8 minutes, x 3 complete circuits=24 min, plus about 5 min track time, 5 min warmup, 10 min cooldown... about 45 min, but have to build in cushion for the extra bits between each interval, etc ...guess that brings us to the usual hour." I do not have a basement....used to when I was married, but not now.

MELLIE....I know just the trade of which you speak on the AC...he would end up owing me...hahahaha ;) AC repair coming on Monday...yikes scares the H out of me on cost, don't know what it is yet, but you can bet your sweet arse it won't be cheap. Glad you got your TJs goodies and all in. Oh h*ll, I know your BD is in March, my eyes jumped a line on my list and I picked up Ceejay's date....see there you go...blonde.

Chelle...you have a busy weekend coming up but also some play time...that is good for the soul. Remember to be careful with your back and don't over do it. Don't eat the crazy crap at the fair, just think of the weightloss rewards of next week when you do so well.

Happy...just a few more days of fan blowing my way...repairman is coming on Monday. If it is too expensive I hope he will work out a payment plan for me. dang it anyway. I think Gigi's cupcakes are more pretty than tasty. Remember girl...one day at a time...do not worry for tomorrow as it may never come.

Oh and Shaddlet...no curling up with the cat, I am allergic to cats. My eyes would be swollen shut, head pounding and sneezing my arse off. Thing is, every time I am around cats, they just want to love on me. Won't leave me alone. Little boogers. Have a marvelous Saturday!!

Hey to Ellen and Ceejay.

Last day at CVS tomorrow....whew who...that was a fast 2 years, yep, August 8 will be two years I have worked there.

Loves and hugs

annie175 08-05-2011 04:53 PM

Good News Girls...the house was only 500 degrees tonight when I got home. Could actually breath and stand it. Getting ready to head to sissy's house to get my mop chopped!! I look like a rag-a-muffin.

Did I mention tomorrow is my LAST day at CVS? Oh yeah, I did....so happy....altho will actually miss it. I am so screwed up about a lot of things....

Later gaters....

Shad 08-06-2011 06:29 AM

Good day today,

Housework done, friends dropped, gardening done, washing in and folded up.
NZ All Blacks beat the Australian Wallabies in footy. Life is sweet.

However, I have a cold in the nose and I need to go to bed. I'll be back in the morning.

MELODY525 08-06-2011 06:33 AM

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/97795783...weekend457.gif

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

I CAN'T SEEM TO TYPE THIS MORNING. MY FINGERS ARE ALL THUMBS.
ONE ALARM AT 11 PM AND THEN I WENT BACK TO SLEEP FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT.
:rain: ALREADY LOOKS LIKE RAIN. THINK THE POOR WEATHERMAN MIGHT BE WRONG.
THE SAD THING IS THAT THE OTHER MORNING I REALIZED THE SUN IS ALREADY MOVING
AND NOT REFLECTING INTO MY BEDROOM VIA THE WINDOWS OF THE NEW BLDG NEXT DOOR.
ALREADY A SIGN OF FALL IS NOT FAR OFF.
I KEPT GOING OUTSIDE YESTERDAY EVERY CHANCE I GOT. GOTTA SOAK UP THOSE RAYS:sunny:
YESTERDAY WAS A BIT OF OFFICE WORK, LAUNDRY AND SUNTANNING:beach:
ALL IN ALL A GREAT DAY:moped:

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND Everyone :ENCORE:

HAPPY.....ANNIE AND I ARE GOOD AT LIVING ON PENNIES A DAY:rofl:
WE'LL BE HAPPY TO SHARE SOME TIPS & TRICKS:lol3: NO MATTER WHAT....KEEP THE FAITH AND THE HUMOR.
EVERY DAY JEN & I TRY TO FIND SOMETHING TO LAUGH ABOUT TILL THE BLACK CLOUD PASSES OVER US.
HANG IN THERE KNOWING WE ARE ALL SENDING GOOD VIBES FOR A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL:hug:

MICHELLE....IN THE MIDST OF ALL THE WORK STUFF....HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE FAIR.
I CAN SMELL THE ANIMAL DO DO NOW:rofl: :rofl: AND HEAR ALL THE PEEPS AND RIDES!! ENJOY!!

LAURA...:hb: TO YOUR DBF:gift: HE WILL LOVE THE SPA SHAVE. WHAT A GREAT IDEA.
:hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE FRIEND TOO. LOTS TO CELEBRATE THIS WEEKEND!!!
GOOD THING I POSTED THE MARGUERITA!! :rofl: :rofl: I MUST BE PSYCHIC!!:crazy:
I LOVED THE GRAPHIC YESTERDAY TOO:hug: HAVE A GOOD TIME AT THE PARTY.

ANNIE....LUNCH SOUNDED GREAT:hun: STILL SO SORRY SHE GOT THE AXE AT WORK.
SAD TIMES FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE RIGHT NOW. IT WAS GOOD OF YOU TO TAKE HER OUT.
PRAYING FOR YOUR A/C BILL TO BE SMALL. MAYBE HE WILL SEE YOU'RE A NICE PERSON IN NEED OF A BREAK:hug:
SENDING ALL THE "LOW-COST" THOUGHTS I CAN MUSTER UP THIS WEEKEND!
HAD A LAUGH AT HIM "OWING" YOU! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: YOU BET YOUR BUTT HE WOULD!!
SO GLAD THE HOUSE WAS ONLY 500 DEGREES LAST NIGHT :faint:

SHAD.......G' DAY TO YOU TOO :wave:
A COLD!!!! :yikes: HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON :getwell:
YOU CAN'T BE SICK ON THE NEW JOB!!! WHOEVER WILL DO ALL THE ORGANIZING!!!:cry:
JUST REST & READ A GOOD BOOK ALL WEEKEND :book2:

diyana 08-06-2011 11:03 AM

No time for personals today....we're getting ready to go to State Fair. It's going to be a long, but fun day. :) I had a great weigh in today....229.0 !! I'm out of the 230's!!!

That alone has given me incentive enough to avoid ALL the fattening fair foods, including the cream puff that the Wisconsin State Fair is so famous for! And they ARE sooo good. But I'm not going back to the 230s, not even for a cream puff.

Wishing y'all a fabulous weekend!!!

Luvya,

Shad 08-06-2011 05:13 PM

Just read through yesterdays post. Friends dropped!!!!:yikes: Haven't got enough of them to drop any. I really meant friends dropped in.

Up early this morning. Truth is that I really did not sleep too well at all and was awake at various stages of the night. Some very strange noises during the night and the wee dog next door barked several time and he never usually barks. Nothing seems amiss from around my yard, so hopefully everything is still where it was. It seems gates and locks are no deterents to the low life we breed here.

Weather looks like rain today which might figure since yesterday I spent a lot of time watering the yard. I'd better get to digging the area for the block wall before it does decide to precipitate.

Laura - hope you had a nice time wining and dining the birthday boy and that he enjoys his 'close shave'.

Michelle - enjoy the fair and congratulations on the weight loss. Good stuff.

Annie - I've been looking for you on face book lately but haven't seen you there while I've been there there. Hope the a/c is fixable and you come down from 1000 degrees to a sultry 40.

Happy - guess you are head down and a%% up in the closets. Hope you get all stuff done and packed this weekend. I guess the DH is away on his trip north.

Mellie - enjoy those last rays of summer. This is officially our last month of winter and then into Spring. Not that one notices too much difference here. It's either nice and warm with cool nights or bloody hot all of the time.

Well the news is out and the stock market has fallen yet again in various parts of the world. Guess my superannuation is going backwards again. I may have to take it over from the banks and insurance companies. I'd have done better over the past ten years to have it in term deposits. It would have at least grown.

So today is what...... more digging, more cleaning of bathroom and bedroom and the ironing of pants for work next week. I'm planning on a weekend off at the end of August just to do nothing but whatever I decide to do for the weekend and then in November, I'd like to take a couple of weeks back in NZ to catch up with family and friends and so some touristy stuff. I think my friend from Melbourne wants to come with me. I'd better think of places to go. Inspiration to be had etc.

Okay, better go get on with the coffee and breakfast and get my a into gear. See ya

ceejay52 08-06-2011 09:06 PM

I've been back home since around 10 a.m. Took a different route and had to follow my nose. The girls from down the street wanted me to take them across town to their brother's. Went to lunch with my friend Brenda. Then went to the grocery and spent 40 dollars for food this week. I've fixed some of my lunches for the next four days.

The concert was great. Johnny Cash's children and his brother was there.His brother and Johnny's voice's were similar but I have to say that Johnny's voice is a deepr bass. Along with Kris Kristopherson(sp) and George Jones. George Jones could still belt out those songs but Kris's voice was about gone. It was Geroge Jones birthday also and we got to sing happy birthday to him. It's going to be an annual event. The proceed's were going to go toward restoration of the family home in Dyess, AR. which is the next community over from where I live. I'm planning on finding out where it's located and go for a tour.

I'll be back tomorrow to post personal's.

ceejay52 08-06-2011 09:10 PM

Oh and by way, my weigh in at the doctor's office was the same as my scale so that means I've lost 7 pounds from last visit. Most of those pounds are probably fluid pounds but I'll take the lost. July OV was 202, August's visit was 195--woo hoo. :dance:

happy2bme 08-07-2011 01:32 AM

Hi there ladies,

Yes, DH took a harrowing trip up north to take a load up. Said he was a nervous wreck and generally nothing bothers him. The trailer was bouncing up and down and he was afraid he was going to lose it or worse, damage my car severely. He made it up to the house ok, worn out and tired as all get out. I feel so badly for him. It's taking it's toll on him already. I think it's good that he has decided that trying to empty this house out in bits and travelling 1500 miles a trip is not a good idea. When he gets back we will have a discussion and decide what we can reasonably get out and into a decent sized truck and that's all that will go out until we sell and move for good. The realtors want the best of everything but it isn't practical. We will definitely get rid of the clutter and whatever extra furniture we can, but I will take their advice with a grain of salt. When we bought this house it was cluttered to the max with antiques as the owner was an avid collector. Every square inch of floor and wall space was covered in stuff. And she had the most horrid taste in paint and garish wallpaper. We over looked that and bought the house for the beauty and features we saw in it and will hope that with all the work we've put into it, someone else will see the same. Did I mention that one of the realtors we interviewed is the same one who represented the sellers when we bought this home :dizzy: She pointed out some of the remodelling they did and it really surprised me with all they put into it. I guess everyone has their own troubles lately - my sister had a flood in her basement a few weeks ago when the sump pump in the basement shorted out and their basement flooded. They lost a brand new treadmill, an exercise bike, lots of boxes of winter clothes and things in storage. I talked to my SIL today and she noticed a tiny damp spot in the basement ceiling near the window. Turns out the entire front of her home has to be torn off and fixed as well as replacing 13 windows. They aren't sure how the damage happened but insurance will not cover it and they cannot tell her the exact cost although it could be between one hundred and two hundred thousand dollars - of which she has to pay out of pocket :yikes: Annie has her air going out, Shad had to deal with flooding damage too and I :crossed: that the rest of you escape any misfortune. So I suppose we all have our crosses to bear as they say... I was hoping to get more done then I actually did today, although I made some good headway. The day just raced by. Although I did have 3 rather long phone calls talking with various family members.

DH and my cousin were rebuilding the steps on the new house today. He said the deck needs alot of work as they were not maintaining it as well as they should. He left his cell phone on the deck (we can receive calls but don't have the signal strength to make outbound). They got some good storms up that way and it started to pour so they went in the house and he forgot about the phone. It got wet. It died. He also killed his other cellphone right before he left by leaving it in the hot car and that one fried. So now he needs to find some "pay as you go" cell phone in a tiny town that doesn't have much more than the basics. :dunno: Lord give us strength.

In other news :congrats: to Ceejay and Michelle on the fabulous weight loss! :yay: for you. Keep up the good work. Michelle it was the cream puffs that I remember you saying you'd save WW points for just to have that one treat once a year. How funny that now you say it's not worth it. So proud of you guys!!!!! :hug:

Annie - I hope you are not suffering in the heat yet another day. I think it is ironic that you quit CVS and things break down - but there is always something to sap the money out of the wallet. Hope you can work out a payment plan with the service company. I'm praying you find a money tree sprouting out in the back yard next time you are cleaning back there - just don't pull it out!!! Get a good night's rest.

Ceejay - it's good to hear that the concert went over so well. I thought I saw Kris on tv a while back and thought he had lost his voice too but if they all harmonize together maybe one won't notice. Lost voice and all, they can all probably out sing us! :rofl: Nice to have an evening out. I hope the girls down the street didn't con you into something you didn't want to do. $40 for groceries for a whole week??? I have to have you do my shopping :lol:

Shad - sounds like you had your usual busy weekend. So you have the buggers in the neighborhood too? Sounds like no one is immune. I would never sleep with the windows open on the first floor here. I'm glad it's hot, I have the alarm on, the phone on the night table and the gun right next to it. I figure the alarm will wake me if anyone tries anything funny. I have never liked staying home alone - even as a kid. And the cat is no help either. How nice that you will be able to plan a trip back home (providing the markets don't wipe out all your cash). Your friend is lucky - there's no better tour guide I'd rather have than you. I daresay you could probably do a better job than we could touring the States here :lol: I guess all the worlds' markets are affecting everyone. Makes one wonder where it will end.

Mel - I kind of notice the sun changing positions too and it's a bit sad knowing that summer is marching away even though it is still blazing hot here. So get outside and enjoy it while you can. I'm glad you got outside for a bit to get your vitamin D fix. I love your frosty cool drink graphic. Cheers to you :cheers:

Laura - what a great idea for the BF's gift. I hope he really enjoys it. Happy birthday BF :hb: I have not heard of that restaurant but it looks quite yummy. Hope you guys had a great dinner. No pasta comas either :rofl:

It's after midnight - the last load of wash finished so I can toss that in the dryer and head to bed. Have a good night everyone. Good afternoon to you Shad who is halfway through the work day. :wave: