Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 10:52 AM   #61  

Everone!

Lisa, I am thinking of you! I know you are probably checking in right now, so I send you spiritual hugs...

Ladies,
I have to say, yesterday was horrible for me. I tried so hard not to think of food, but for some reason, I kept feeling as if I was hungry. When I would get up to get something, I would have to stop myself and see if I really am hungry, and to be honest, I wasn't. I just needed to eat something.....

Cyan, I totally understand how you can eat yourself into oblivian! I do that sometimes. No one said we were cured from Emotional Eating. That is one of our biggest stuggles in this group and together we will fight it. You have the right attitude about going forward and not dwelling in the past. I think I ate about 1700 calories yesterday in total, and walked about 35 minutes and that was it. So I am right up there with you.

Lady, A motorcycle ride in 45 degree weather, you are one brave cookie. My son wanted Wendy's yesterday so we stopped to get him a chicken meal, and of course, I had to sneak 2 nuggets and a couple of fries

Taiwan, I really like Taebo, it keeps my hearrate up and I feel it working the muscles.. I haven't figured out when I am weighing in, I am afraid if I do it on Friday, and I do good, I will sabotage it by eating bad on the weekend. How does Mondays or Wednesdays sound????

Everyone have a HEADSTRONG DAY, WE ALL DESERVE THAT!
Old 01-07-2003, 02:37 PM   #62  

Default Just had to post!

I am sorry, but I just had to post, with this current accomplishment.

I went to Subway today for everyone here at work and we took advantage of the footlong deal, so I bought a footlong, thinking that I would eat half of it later for dinner.

Well, as I said earlier, it is hard for me to stop thinking about food. Especially when it is right in front of me. As I was eating my half of sandwich, I should have just put the other half away right away, but I left it on the wrapper, now my stomach was telling me it was full, but because the sandwich tasted so good I was so temped to eat at least part of the other half.

WELL GUESS WHAT! WILLPOWER KICKED IN

Can you believe it, the very thing that I lack and it kicked it and I didn't touch the other half of the sandwich! I am so proud of myself! See what you all have done for me! With all your help, you have made me find the willpower to keep stong and keep going!

Earlier I posted that I ate about 1700 calories last night, well that was a guess!
After loading all my food info into Fitday, I only had 1510 cals for the day and 33gms of fat. Wow, so much for guessing. Next time don't be so hard on yourself until you do the math!

I also didn't eat after 9pm, so that was day one for the week!
Can we see what day 2 brings!

Have a blessed day!
Old 01-07-2003, 07:42 PM   #63  

Great job Reina! Doesn't it make you feel great when you win control over the eating beast? We all know that somedays that beast will win but remember those are only day to day battles we will win the war!

Cyan, please don't despair. I think we all fight the urge to binge. You must get the chocolate out of the house. If you binge, binge on low fat snacks, popcorn, carrot sticks, ect....Stop that party in your mouth! Investigate what triggered the binge--what stressed you out, what time of day did you binge, how could you have avoided it (maybe a SOS to us ) Don't beat yourself up. Every day we will get stronger and our willpower will get stronger. Replace the habit of binging with the habit of exercise, mediation, yoga or journaling. I guess I am writing this as much for me as for you because this is a problem I face everyday.

Ladyrider I just hope I can be as cool as you are when I grow up. I think it is great you ride motorcycles. I have always been such a chicken to ride even a moped.

taiwan, I love green tea. I even read somewhere that green tea helps you lose weight. Why are you limiting it to 3 times a week?

Lisa, hope all went well and you are resting and recovering.

Miki, I am signing Jake my youngest up for t-ball tonight so I can relate with the games.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:19 PM   #64  

Angry yesterday was ok, today starting out good

Well ladies, yesterday went ok, except for the McDonald's but the for dinner I just had a whole grain steamed bread and a serving of soup (total of about250calories ). Didn't exercise yesterday either. Such is life

Cyan, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and say, oh well try again. Seriously, it's probably not the first time this has happened and probably won't be the last time it will happen either. Don't beat yourself up about it, learn from it. And occassional slip up isn't going to be detrimental to your losing weight. You have already gone through alot since Christmas, so really don't be so hard on yourself.

Reina--great job about not eating the other half. If it was me I'd probably say, well, it's just sitting there. I know what you mean about your mouth just needing something. I think I am going to try sugar free gum instead. And you exercised too, that is so important. You keep going girl!!

Debee-- well, if green tea doesn't have any sugar in it and it made full strength (very bitter) then it's good things come out. Here in Taiwan, little stands are all over the place where you can buy just about any kind of drink, taste like homemade tea, but with sugar. So that's why I am limiting myself, to the stuff with sugar. Actually I am trying at night/before bed to have a cup of herbal tea--I love lavendar tea and I also have green tea/jasmine combo and rose tea. DH started drinking coffee. It smells good, but to me just rips up my stomach--weird isn't it?

Lisa-hope you are feeeling ok. Praying for you.

MikiG--how did your son's game go tonight? I saw your name on msn and thought it was you. It was your hubby.

Lady--how is Florida right now? My grandmother has had it with the Delaware weather I guess and is traveling down to visit her friends. She is driving by herself, which scares me knowing how she drives

Well , my day has started off fine. Josiah was up at 6:30am for a bottle (early for him) and then acted sleepy again. So I put him in bed with Luke (dh) and got dressed and did my exercise. I read someplace that it's good to exercise before breakfast, so let's hope they are right Right now enjoying my breakfast drink and bar. WE'll see how the rest of the day goes

I think Aunt Flo is coming (they call it MC--monthly cycle--here in Taiwan) so I am going to need to watch out for that chocolate craving. Though my body has been a little weird since starting this exercise and new eating style thing. Can't quite figure it out, and not sure which dr to go to. Oh, well, we'll see

have a great one ladies
Old 01-07-2003, 08:59 PM   #65  

(((((((((((Cyan))))))))))) There ya go...thats a big hug from me. Lisa took care of the kick but we need both when we make a mistake that we learn from. I have no doubt that you did great today because of how you felt last nite after the binge. And if not...guess what, it still isnt the end of the world. Tomorrow is a new day!

I havent calculated calories yet. I am kinda scared to. I only had one meal today but was it a good one!! I had Chicken and dumplings and Fried okra with a roll..YUMMMMMMMMMM!! Wonder how much that cost me. I was planning on eating a salad tonite but it's 10 til 8 now so I havent decided for sure. Depends I guess how high in calories the lunch was. I'll come back and report when I know for sure. I just finished 10 min on the AirWalker that I definitely did not want to do. Came in from the ballgame, made a pot of chili, which I almost ate but held off, then got on the AirWalker while everyone else was eating. Still not back up to walking as long as I need to be, but I feel I've accomplished something just doing 10 min when I really really wanted to do NONE...lol

Well, going to log in my food for today. I"ll probably be back later on.

MIKI
Old 01-07-2003, 09:29 PM   #66  

I'm so excited!! Wasnt as bad as I thought today....my calories totalled 1068 with 53 grams of fat. I think I may go ahead with my salad even tho it's 8:15 now. I dont want to get in the habit of keeping the calories quite that low.

Hello everyone!!! I didnt mean to slight anyone. Somehow when I was here a few minutes ago, I missed the entire page 5. All I saw was Cyan's post.

Reina....GREAT JOB!!!!!!! I am so proud of you! See--you learned from yesterday already!

Tawain, sorry I missed you on messenger tonite. Phil said you were online when he signed in. Josh's team won tonite..yeah...even tho he only got to play the last 30 seconds. lol ( He's the youngest on the team...13, on a team with ages 13 to 15 so he's used to it )

Debee, Tball is sooo much fun!! They are so cute at that age!

Lisa, I know you wont see this today, but you'll catch up reading all the posts when you get home so wanted to say again I'm praying for you and I know you'll feel great soon!

LadyRider...missed seeing a post from you today. I hope things have gone well with you. Hurry back.

Well, I think I got everyone that time. Going now to get that salad. Ya'll have a good day tomorrow..and remember..

With this group, Failure isnt an option and Success is inevitable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

MIKI
Old 01-07-2003, 10:48 PM   #67  

Guess what?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got offline to go fix my salad and somehow the refrigerator dial had gotten bumped and the lettuce was frozen. I took that as a hint that I should stick to my "no eating after 8" challenge. You wont believe what I did next...I can barely believe it myself. I got back on that AirWalker and did another 15 minutes instead! That is a total of 25 min compared to my usual 10 min lately!! YESSSSSSSSSS!! I have sweat running down my cheek as I type lol ( and poor hubby is freezing to death wanting to turn up the heat ) Anyway, I just had to come back to share that with all of you. YOU ALL ARE THE BEST! YOU WERE WHAT INSPIRED ME TO GET BACK ON THAT AIRWALKER...THANK YOU!!!THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

MIKI
Old 01-07-2003, 10:52 PM   #68  

You go girl!!! It will only get easier too. Sweat those pounds off:-)
Old 01-07-2003, 10:57 PM   #69  

Sorry it looks like I'm monopolizing the thread tonite but I keep thinking of things to say.

Cyan, I'm getting worried about you. I didnt see a post from you which is very unusual. Please dont let last nite get you down and hurry back in and let us know how things are going. I have done exactly what you did so many times I could never count them all so you definitely are not alone in what you're going thru. We are here for you thru thick and thin ( hopefully more THIN then THICK lol) so let us support you thru this the way you are so great at supporting and encouraging us! You are such an important part of us and when you arent here, it is just not the same. I miss you!!

Ok, now I promise I'll shut up and let someone else type awhile!

MIKI
Old 01-07-2003, 11:48 PM   #70  
I will make it!

Talking I'm back

Hey Ladies...Thank you so much for your hand holding, hugs and kicks, your words of wisdom, your words of encouragement...You guys are simply amazing...you should be very proud of yourselves for being good listeners, good sympathizers and yes, good friends...I can't wait to meet all of you...truly

Ok, today I did a cleansing of my system, I made myself a lemon grass thai soup...very light and ate that all day...I feel much better...I also walked outside again for 20 minutes and did 10 minutes of weight lifting....I got on the scale this morning and I havent done any damage...phew...what a relief...I have these binging cycles...but I think I am getting out of this one...thanks again for all your support...it has reinspired me to keep trying.

Miki Miki Miki...I am so proud of you...you are so determined...I felt so good reading your post and seeing how good you felt about yourself...I actually felt your happiness....which brings me to...

Reina...this goes double for you because I know what you are feeling when you binge and how good it must have felt to not eat that second half of the sandwich...you rock...a big tap on your back.

Hey Debee..how are you doing on your plan...are you doing ok, any rough spots you want to chair or good moments?

Taiwan...I know too well about those chocolate cravings except mine are all the time How is your exercising coming along?

LadyRider...hope your day went well

and Lisa...I know your surgery went well, with all the good energy sent your way, you'll be as good as new in no time... I send you a big hug

So are we weighing this friday?

Thanks again for your support,

Cyan
Old 01-08-2003, 03:25 AM   #71  

hi everyone
It's 2:30 in the morning and I can not sleep. I went to bed around 9:30 because I was not feeling well. I just woke up and I got my period and I have a bad headache so I thought I would write.

Miki and Reina should be our poster girls for willpower and determination this week! Let's try to "feed" off their drive.

As far as my diet and the past few days have been going I have had my ups and downs. I have tried to not eat after 8 p.m. and three out of five days I have suceeded. The other days after 8p.m. I just had special K cereal. I also really tried cutting down on butter. I also increased my walking and tried to drink a bottle of flavored seltzer water a day (I don't like plain water) However, we did go out to eat Monday night ( a new Italian restarant opened in the neighborhood and is so good. I only ate half my meal and took the rest home in a doggy bag.

I am upset with myself because I have not had the time to fix MSN messenger or do the digitail camerea stuff yet. I would really love to chat with all of you. Since I am the only one who you have not seen yet I thought that if anyone wanted to give me their regular address I would just mail them my picture( just e-mail me at [email protected]) I promise to send it out as soon as I get your address. By the way if any one is ever passing through or visting near Philly I would love it if you would stop by. Taiwan I know you said you are from Delaware if you re planning coming to the states anytime soon please let me know.

On the positive side my new scale said I lost 3% bodyfat but I am not sure if I believe it maybe it was just because I got my period and my weight and bodyfat is off. It also said I gained a pound. I'll wait until Friday to weigh in for the real results.

Reina, my husband told me he has a business trip to Chicago tomorrow. It's just a lunch meeting and then he flys home the same day. Sometimes the kids and I go with him on longer trips. Maybe if he goes has to go back he can have a friday meeting and the kids and I could go along and make it a long weekend.
This past November we went to Puerto Rico for a client daughters wedding. It was unbelieveable the wedding had 800 people, three bands, and was black tie and evening gowns. Sometimes I like the perks of my husbands job!

My husband has a high pressure job and sometimes it is hard because he works late and travels. I sometimes feel like a single mom raising my kids. My family is all in Connecticut or Florida so I don't have much of a support system for help. It is overwhemling and I feel sometimes I don't have time for me. One of my new resolutions is to take time for myself and not feel guilty about it. Thursday I am treating myself to a spa day. I am getting a massage and a seaweed wrap. In march my girlfriend and I are going to tea at the four seasons in Philly and then to a new art exhibit at the Philly museum. I usually only do things for the family so this is a change for me (( I think it might be a reason I gained the weight).

Once again sorry about the long post...My head is still pounding and I seem to be rambling......sorry.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:31 AM   #72  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Hey Debee, it was nice to read a about you...it was like getting a glimpse at the real Debee and how she lives her life. Philly is not that far away from Montreal...so if I'm bored I may show up to say hello....It sounds like you have a wonderful husband and children...and yes, its a great idea to think of yourself too...having your own time is very important not only to you but to your family...it seems like you are looking at all aspects of why you gained weight and going about it the right way to take it off...so its a journey you are on...you will succeed.

Well, my day is about to begin so I will get going, I will post later to tell you lovely ladies how I have done today...but I can already guess it will be a good one, I feel in control again...so, no binging for me today.

Cyan
Old 01-08-2003, 11:28 AM   #73  

Good Morning Ladies!
I hope everyone is having a great day, I am exceptionally well, I am feeling the fruits of my labor! I am happy, and motiviated and charged to do this and do it right!
I decided to treat myself to coffee today and a donut, and I promised myself I would stay within 350 calorie range for breakfast, I usually have Special K with berries and low-fat milk!
And once again, I shewwed away the 2nd donut that comes with the special and gave it to a co-worker!

I want to thank all you ladies for your kudos that were sent my way, it feels really nice to be acknowledged for your hard work! I tell my husband that everyday!

Lisa, I know you have come out of that surgery with flying colors, and we are here for you when you get back, just take your time! You will need your rest and you should not be moving around that much!

Taiwain, You have me craving tea's. I have never been a tea person, but I think I may start them, what recommendation do you have???
Oh, and this is what I learned about gum, When you are hungry, you should not be eating gum. The chewing sensation creates a reaction for your stomach and your brain makes the stomach believe that it will be receiving food, so you start to get hunger pains in your belly and all the while it makes you more hungry!
I only chew gum for a few minutes and spit it out now! This is just something a friend told me and I think it is true!

Miki, aren't you proud of yourself???? Because I know I am! You are doing a great job, and I know together we will be hitting those goals like there were nothing to begin with! You keep going with your BAD self and sweat it all off!! Good for you with the no eating after 8pm! You rock!

Debee,
I am dying to go to Philly! A friend of mine moved to Berwyn, PA and she has been asking me to go up there! I would love to. It would be great if you came down with your hubby for the weekend, we can do lunch and maybe something with the kids!
You have to tell me how Tea went, I have always wanted to do that. Do you wear the white gloves and everything??? I think I saw an episode on the Sopranos where the mother and daughter went and had tea and they had to wear the gloves. I thought that was soooo cool!

Cyan, the body cleansing was a nice thing to do for yourself and your mind. It puts it at ease doesn't it? That lemongrass soup sounds really really good. Any recipe you can share with us! I think we all have these binging cycles, pretty soon, are cycles are all gonna be around the same time!

Lady, What is Florida like in April and May. We are thinking of going back to Disney World, but I am not sure about the weather! What do you think? How far are you from Orlando? Maybe if you are close we can meet for lunch one day!

Well, I have used Fitday regularly now and yesterday my calories were at 1486 and fat was at 42gms.
I am planning on working out today so we will see what I burn today!

You all have a great day!
Old 01-08-2003, 06:01 PM   #74  

Hi,

Still`not feeling great today. I woke up this morning with the same headache however, once I had some coffee I started to feel better. I had a salad for lunchand some cottage cheese with horseradish and rye crisp. For dinner I had a cup of bean soup and a cup of pasta. For dessert I had a chocolate covered pretzel stick. I can tell that I might binge tonight so I better be careful. If I binge I am only going for carrots, rye crisp, hummus---no choclate coverd pretzels.

I spent most of the day making phone calls. My four year old son, Jake has a speech delay and I am looking into Pre-kindergarten programs for him. I take him to speech three times a week and I hope that if he has an extra year before kindergarten he will be better prepared.

Cyan and Reina, I would love it if you could visit (actually that goes for all of you) Maybe next years trip could be here. I'll send the husband and kids away for a long weekend and I'll host a reunion at my house. I live in a town called Gwynedd Valley it's about 25 minutes outside of Philly. Although we are close to the city we live in an area that has many horse farms. There's lots to do around here--Bucks county is close as well as Longwood gardens both are beautiful places but best of all Philly has one of the top french resturants in the country--Le Bec Fin. If everyone comes here we'll do lunch there (when we are all nice and skinny)
They bring out a dessert cart and allow you to pick out as many as you want!!! Talk about temptation.

Lisa, I hope to hear from you soon!

Taiwan, do you have any good low fat chinese recipes?

Lady, hope all is well.

reina, I don't think we'll be wearing gloves to the tea--I'll have to call my friend. But you gave me an idea maybe I'll buy a cool hat.

Miki, keep up the good work! Motivation is key.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:56 PM   #75  

Default Doin' great

Well, yesterday (Wed.) I went to the dr cause I have some bleeding about 14th day in my cycle and it keeps going on and off until the day I should start. Wouldn't you know it---only 7%of women have this. It's called "little period". Just what I want Dr. says that it's not a lifetime thing and it actually should stop within 6months. Other than that all was fine. He (and his wife who helps out in the office) saw me and were like "Wow! Deana you've lost alot of weight!!" I was happy

My day went fine yesterday, nothing bad. For dinner, I fixed the gang fried rice and left over spaghetti (it was left over night!). I ate a whole grain steamed bread and only a spoonful of scrambled egg and sausage. That was probably the worst food I had. I didn't eat anything after 8pm again

right now it's 9:40am, I've already exercised for 20min of kick and jab and around 10min of upperbody and legs toning (my own, no tape). The rest of the day should be good.

Debee--I wish I knew of low fat Chinese recipes Everything here is fried or slothered in soysauce. though the veggies I eat at lunch (we usually go out since it's cheap to eat here) are placed in boiling broth then have garlic mixed with them. I am learning though. If I find anything, I'll share

Reina--thanks for the gum tip. I have never noticed it before, but it does make sense. AS for tea, depends, if you want a good nights sleep, drink Chammomile tea or lavendar. For awhile here, the big rage was green tea powder in yogurt (turned out didn't really help much). Jasmine tea is supposed to be good for digestion. Though something I've noticed about Chinese (and trying to do) is they don't drink anything with their meals. They may have soup after they finish eating or drink something after they are done. Now, I have read that this is good for you to do that as drinking before a meal or before halfway done interferes with the digestion juices. hey, worth a try right?

Well, ladies, I hate to cut this short but dh is down here now and can watch josiah so I can go get a shower. It's almost 10am and my oldest is still sleeping! He doesn't take a nap and is in bed by 9:30pm.

Talk to you later
Closed Thread