All Done Shopping 3 30.00%
All Done Shopping & Wrapped 2 20.00%
Almost Done Shopping 3 30.00%
Haven't Started Shopping 2 20.00%
I Don't Shop Or Wrap Gifts 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 01:08 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#72)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 12-15-2002, 01:14 PM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #71 and read the last few posts there!!
Old 12-15-2002, 01:21 PM   #3  

Jennelle,

I KNOW exactly how you feel!! Here it is 10 days before Christmas and I'm only half way done shopping! I still need to finish, bake & wrap! Working 2 jobs with no help around here doesn't help either!

I was telling Debbie last night that by the time we do everything that needs to be done, WE ARE WORN OUT!!!! I DO love Christmas but it seems like we are under so much stress to get it all done!!

One of my New Year's Resolutions is lose weight once and for all!!!! ALSO....to have everything done next Christmas by Thanksgiving!!! I want to be able to enjoy it.

Hang in there and do what you can.Try not to let it stress you out like it has me.

Love you,
Sherry
Old 12-15-2002, 02:30 PM   #4  
Losing it!

I'm the anal one, I have all my gifts bought, just not wrapped yet!!! I try to buy throughout the year if I can. I have two kids with birthdays within one month of Christmas, so I have to budget throughout the year so I have something left in the pocketbook!!!

Jennelle: My new Years resolution is to finish the first 49 things on my list before I start the 50th!!! I have so many projects going on that it becomes overwhelming, then I finish nothing!!!! On a good note: I do have neat, organized piles here and there.

I hear you girls on the no help at home woes!!! I have plans of "fun" stuff I want to do after I finish my "work". Instead it is a vicious cycle of laundry, cooking, housework...... I never get to do the fun stuff!!!!!

Enough boo-hooing!!! Have a great day!!
Old 12-15-2002, 06:50 PM   #5  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hey Remember Me...LOL

I have been reading everyday but not posting. I got my feelings hurt awhile back but now it seems so silly. And also the same OLD story...it's hard to post when you are eating like crazy.

The day after Thanksgiving, I made my mind up {AGAIN} to try and stay OP....atleast on the days when there is no Christmas parties. So far it's working pretty good, still trying to lose the weight I've re-gained.

Starting the day after Christmas I plan to try and stay OP until I reach my goal weight. I feel so much better when I eat right, why do we do this to ourselves???

My Christmas Tree is up and I'm almost finished shopping. I always save a couple of gifts to buy during the mad rush two or three days before Christmas. Sounds crazy but it always helps to get me into the mood.

Wouldn't be fun for us to post our most favorite Christmas memories.

Mind is....When I was little we used to pack up everything on Christmas morning and go to my Grandparents house in the country. It seemed such a long way up there, but come to find out it was only about 35 miles from our house. My Grandfather died on Christmas morning 1978, so that ended that tradition. Also when my kids were little I didn't have much money but any little thing pleased them. I would bake pies and cakes for my neighbors, brothers and sisters. I try every year to bring back some of those traditions.

Hope everyone is having a Great weekend!!

Love ya.....Debbie

Last edited by DebbieA; 12-15-2002 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:43 PM   #6  
Losing it!

Dear Debbie, so glad to see ya post!!! I hope I'm not the one who hurt your feelings, it is so easy to take something out of context when just reading and not seeing the persons reactions. If I was the one, then I am sorry...you are such a dear and I think the world of you!!!!!

I will post my Christmas memories and traditions later when I have more time. BTW: GREAT IDEA!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 07:19 AM   #7  

Carol...............If you're out there "lurking", I miss you & this is for YOU!!

Happy Birthday To You...............Happy Birthday To You...........Happy Birthday Dear CAROL.........Happy Birthday To YOU!!!!

Love you,
Sherry
Old 12-16-2002, 08:56 AM   #8  
Losing it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A SPECIAL ONE!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 11:23 AM   #9  
Losing it!

Debbie: A family tradition that I grew up with would be that my Mother had a lamb shaped cake pan, every Christmas we would bake a birthday cake for Jesus for the dinner. Some years we left it as a lamb using coconut to create the wool, other years we created a reindeer by using brown pipe cleaners as the antlers. Last year my Mother passed on the pan to me. This year I am making two reindeers... one for the dinner I'm having with my family and one to share at Steve's folk' home.

We try to have a pizza family night the evening we put up the tree and sometimes we let the kids pick out one gift from under the tree to open Christmas eve. The biggest gift/most expensive that they want comes Christmas morning and is from Santa. Up until Steve married me, he never received a Santa gift other then just a few things in his stocking. It's interesting to see how other families traditions differ from your own.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:00 PM   #10  

Debbie I really hope that I have not affended you in anyway. If I have I am very sorry, and I would never intentionally do that to you. I am glad that you have come back. We miss you. Hope to see a lot less of you in weeks to come(as in weight) and a lot more of you on the board. Love ya lots.

DEE
Old 12-17-2002, 05:48 AM   #11  

Debbie-I hope I wasn't the one that hurt your feelings. I have a way of putting my foot in my mouth all the time!! I love you!!!

I haven't stopped eating!! My weight is waaay up. I am trying to journal today. On Xmas Eve, it will be 1 year that I started WW. I have to get off these 5-7 lbs. that I have gained!! Too many goodies everywhere right now!!
Old 12-17-2002, 09:14 AM   #12  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning girls

Please, Please would someone please tell me I'm too old to work ballgames and stay out half the night...LOL. I got home around 1.30 this morning after working 8 hours at school and then 10 hours at the game. This is one tired Floozie!! Smart me though...I took the day off from school today.

Girls, please don't worry about what was said...I'm sure it was just me. You know FAT people are touchy sometimes.

Gayle...I loved reading about your Christmas traditions. There is so many specials ways we celebrate the hoildays.

Sherry....Are you alive and kicking this morning? What an exciting game. Go Titans!!! Who knows we may be going to San Diego to {work} the Super Bowl!! Wouldn't that be great.

Carol.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Guess we are the same age AGAIN...LOL

Shelley, Dee, Ramona, Jennelle, Wanda, and Debyj...Hope you are having a wonderful day!!

PS...I got 3 rolls of film back yesterday, so watch out ..I will be boring you with pictures of the Grands soon!!

Love ya...debbie

Last edited by DebbieA; 12-17-2002 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:29 AM   #13  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Ok...I warned you about the pictures!!...LOL

Here's me and Sherry on our Wonderful weekend to Jacksonville in October!!

Last edited by DebbieA; 06-21-2003 at 12:51 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:55 AM   #14  

Great picture Debbie and Sherry. I hope to see many more. Love the beach in the background. Only dreams for us girls except Shelley.
Well Larry is home. I am so happy. They want him to go back really soon. I don't think I like that much. They are thinking of this week. He is trying to push this trip off on someone else.
This morning I am going to a historical meeting place. It is wear the indians camped and did a lot of trading. It is very christmasy there. It is an old market beside the river. My 2 walking girlfriends will be with me. We are going for a walk first and then for coffee beside a wall of windows looking out onto the skating pond. Christmas music will be playing and there is decorations everywhere. Going to buy some specialty loose tea for christmas. Jay already bought me my Jamaican coffee. It sells for $100 a pound here but he got it off ebay for $30. What a treat. Then after that I will be off to my tea time friends for tea this afternoon. We also have a family meeting downtown tonight so the day will be very busy.
Hope you all enjoy the day.
Gayle I will try to be on msn around 12-1:30 if you are free maybe we could chat.

DEE
Old 12-17-2002, 09:59 AM   #15  

Good Morning!!

Hey...This is one TIRED FLOOZIE!!!!!!! I'm like Debbie, I'm getting too old to work 18 hour shifts! My legs were hurting so bad and I was too tired to sleep when I got home at 1:10 this morning!! I slept about 2 hours. I'm about to get ready and go shopping! I took the day off at School too! No telling what I might buy today being this tired!

Oh My Gosh! I can't believe Debbie posted that picture!!!!!
My hair is standing straight up!!!!!! That is from the OCEAN BREEZE!! I guess Debbie had too much HAIRSPRAY on hers!!!!

Well it seems like everyone is doing good!! Maybe we'll get some of our "lurkers" back soon!! HINT-HINT!!

I'll post my favorite Christmas memories later...too tired now to think! LOL

Have a GREAT day........I'll post again after Waynes Christmas work party tonight!!

Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

**Jingle Bells.....Jingle Bells......Jingle All The Way......
Closed Thread