3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   SHORTIES - 5' 2" & Under....... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/221098-shorties-5-2-under.html)

KDLayD 06-20-2012 02:36 PM

I have been noticing that a small amount of weight can make a huge difference on shorter people too! My sister (younger of course) is probably 5' 9" and weighs the same as I do, but she looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY skinnier because she has more bod. I have lost 4 pounds so far (it's been about a week since I have started) I hope it will become noticeable soon! It's tough to see the weight loss myself, so maybe someone I know will comment on it sometime. Its tough for me, too, because I don't own any full length mirrors, and all the mirrors in my house are so high, that I can only see to my high waist. hhahaha!

i love the sorties!!! <3

100 days of me 06-22-2012 06:29 PM

I'm soo happy I found this thread! I'm 5 foot nothing. I started my journey on May 2nd at a massive 195 lbs. I sort of ate semi-well (good on weekdays and horrible on weekends) and still managed to lose 7 pounds. I'm a size 18 right now. My goal weight would be 115-117 lbs.
I ordered the TapoutXT workout last week. This will actually be a huge challenge going from being ultra sedentary (meaning wake up, go to an office job, come back, watch tv until I go to bed) to fit.
I tried the first DVD and although I loved it, I couldn't do half the moves they were doing. I guess it will be easier once I start losing the weight.

What comforts me a little is that because I'm short, I'll be a lot more curvy when I'm at goal weight than any tall girl could ever dream to be!

MrsH2132012 07-05-2012 01:05 PM

I'm 5'2" on a good day (ha I even forget that my new license says 5'1"!)

tynk82 07-17-2012 11:45 PM

Found this thread tonight and am 5'2" and 163.4.
Time for a big change in a powerful and healthful way. :)
Glad to be a part of the Shorties! It's wonderful to know that the petites of the world aren't forgotten <3

Rose Elizabeth 07-28-2012 07:38 PM

I'm 5ft 2. As several of you have said, only a few pound gain shows so much. But on the plus side when you lose a few pounds it's also a bit more noticeable right? ;) What really annoys me is that my taller friends can eat so much more than me. They're all like 5ft 8 and taller so... they can eat way more than I can.

ZetaMD2Be 08-20-2012 11:21 PM

Hi Everyone! I didn't even make it to 5'0'' -- 4'11'' and standing. LOL. I'm re-starting my weight loss journey today and I'm glad that there's other shorties out there like me!

IsabellaOlivia 09-08-2012 12:14 PM

If I was my weight and 5'9 instead of 5'2 I'd be able to eat close to 250 calories more a day and still lose the same weight every week...

It's a little extra frustrating that just because of our heights we have to consume 200-300 calories a day less than out taller sisters. I mean, it would give us just a little added leeway and just make at little easier if we had a little more to go on.

LandonsBaby 09-08-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsabellaOlivia (Post 4461606)
If I was my weight and 5'9 instead of 5'2 I'd be able to eat close to 250 calories more a day and still lose the same weight every week...

It's a little extra frustrating that just because of our heights we have to consume 200-300 calories a day less than out taller sisters. I mean, it would give us just a little added leeway and just make at little easier if we had a little more to go on.

Maybe we would just be more hungry.

Wyldfyr 09-08-2012 08:52 PM

Oh yay, I found a place with people who are my height!:carrot: lol My name is Danielle and just signed up a few days ago. Starting myself on this new chapter in my life to make myself more fit and thinner. Nice to meet you all! :)

IsabellaOlivia 09-24-2012 08:28 AM

I've seen lots of pictures of people at goal weight weighing 140+ pounds and they look a lifetime more fit and healthy than I do at this weight.

FunSize 09-24-2012 01:02 PM

Where does everyone buy clothes at? I just now discovered Kohls has a petite department with a few options for misses. I saw some Jennifer Lopez jeans and Apt 9. The section is so tiny I never even noticed it before! But now at least I have options there =D
I normally buy A.N.A Jeans at JC Penney in the petite department.

I checked out the petite department in Macy's and at first glance it was ALL .. OLD LADY stuff.. like.. for 70 year old women "tailored" clothing look. GRRR!!
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any "hip" petite clothes in Macy's??

As I drop weight I am becoming more concerned with the way I dress.. which is a good thing!!! Just want to know what options are out there for shorties who aren't old ladies yet lol

Kopuiylopiu 10-25-2012 02:30 PM

Hello fellow shorties! I'm 5' and at my highest weight right now :( 145 last time I weighed myself. It's hard being short, ha. The smallest amount of weight on me just looks like a lot more. Can't wait to get down to size :)

Dreamer2012 11-15-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopuiylopiu (Post 4509010)
Hello fellow shorties! I'm 5' and at my highest weight right now :( 145 last time I weighed myself. It's hard being short, ha. The smallest amount of weight on me just looks like a lot more. Can't wait to get down to size :)

Started off at 142lbs back in June and the same height as yourself. Even though I've only lost 10lbs, everyone says it looks like I lost a lot more. I'm down one dress size! Even the smallest amount of weight makes a big difference to us short ladies.

BrownEyedVeggie 11-15-2012 03:07 PM

I'm proud to say that I am 5'2" too. There are many advantages to being petite including but not limited to the ability to wear any heel height without having to worry about being considered too tall. I typically wear 3.5" because higher heels=slimmer appearance.

My only hiccup about being short is at the gym. I find that some of the equipment is designed for people 5'5" and above. Even the jump ropes are gads too long. I walk by some of the machines because they are not workable while others I am able to use pillows and prompts to make them work for me.

Dreamer2012 11-16-2012 05:04 AM

I don't use the gym but I always wondered would I have difficulty reaching the machines. Does anyone else have this problem?