3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   SHORTIES - 5' 2" & Under....... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/221098-shorties-5-2-under.html)

SC Vitamin C 09-08-2011 06:17 PM

5'0 here. Glad to see a lot more shorties like me here!

liliesinmycereal 09-09-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndLy (Post 4025504)
Yay, shorties! I had no idea this thread was here and I've been a member on and off for 7 years. I'm about 5'1 1/2". I would say my perfect weight is about 117 but I'm not sure how attainable that is for myself. I have my current goal set to 145 but I know I want to be below 130. I always hated that my younger, taller sister could hide any weight she gained just because of her height. Weight is so visible on us shorties :( I like being a shorty don't get me wrong but it just stinks being heavy and short. I loved being the "tiny" one back in school.

I know how it feels I'm about the same height. I've never been under 140 in my adult life so I don't know how it's going to feel but I started at a higher weight! You can do it!!! I know you can!

0059500 09-09-2011 11:34 AM

I saw 114.2 this morning - most amazing feeling ever! Although it's not my goal, I'm happy to be where I'm at now and to know that I'm not carrying around that extra 20 lbs I was back in May. It's been such a long, difficult journey but all worth it in the end :) being short, it feels like it's 10x more difficult to lose each pound

Ryler832 09-17-2011 04:58 PM

Another shortie here. I am 5' 0.7" (every inch counts). Being short has is pros and cons. A 5 lb gain on us shorties shows a lot.

Some people can eat what they want and how much they want without gaining. My younger sister (with one child) is 4'11" and she has never weighed over 90 lb (except during her pregnancy). One meal for her is literally 3 meals for me.

liliesinmycereal 09-19-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryler832 (Post 4036601)
Being short has is pros and cons. A 5 lb gain on us shorties shows a lot.

Is it weird that it's more exciting to see the changes rapidly... of course in the losing way... I'm hoping to be in the single digits with the next 10 pounds.

AndLy 09-20-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liliesinmycereal (Post 4038850)
I'm hoping to be in the single digits with the next 10 pounds.

Ahhh, the single digits. I remember those *sigh*. I can't wait until I'm back there again :cool:

liliesinmycereal 09-20-2011 08:13 PM

I haven't been in the single digits since I was in middle school so it will be new for me and the weird thing is that I'm smaller this time losing weight and weighing more. Bodies are so weird..

kamesennin 02-14-2012 11:25 AM

Heeeey anyone still out there? I am determined to eat on plan today! I suppose it would be good to write down said plan. Lol

Quiet Ballerina 02-14-2012 01:42 PM

kamesennin I was just thinking about this thread the other day! It's been awhile, but I'm still a shortie. :)

kamesennin 02-14-2012 10:57 PM

Yay! I cant believe how much I weigh. Ugh. But I ran 3 mi at the gym today, at a pretty good clip? I just don't get it :( at least I am in shape I suppose.

lillisa81 03-04-2012 10:26 AM

Hi all! I'm an old newbie! I haven't been here in years, but I'm struggling to stay motivated and came back here to get some motivation :)

I've been doing Weight Watchers online, however I haven't been consistent with it. I also just ordered Jillian Michaels Revolution program. I can't wait to get it! Right now I'm walking/jogging and occasionally doing a Zwow workout (zuzana light on fb).

I've struggled for the past 3.5 years, losing the same 4 lbs over and over again.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! I'm 4' 9", probably one of the shortest here :)

Tara88 05-30-2012 05:22 PM

Hey! I'm new and am 5'1. I plan on getting to my target weight by August. I will be doing spinning every day and hopefully incorporating some swimming and weights to my program. I put on my weight because of medication and bad eating habits so will also have to switch up my medication and eating in order to also maintain my new weight. I miss being and feeling fit so much! I can't wait to start this journey. :carrot:

Dreamer2012 06-01-2012 08:39 AM

Hey fellow shorties :) I'm 5'1 and 142lbs with a target of 119lbs. :) I'll be eating better and exercise at least 6/7 days of the week, starting today!

neon_zephyr 06-02-2012 12:35 AM

Hi everyone. 5'0" here. Even 5 pounds makes a visible difference at this weight, doesn't it? I've got a long way to go, still, and I'm hanging in there even though my motivation is at a low point these days. Glad to find a thread for us short gals.

Dreamer2012 06-02-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon_zephyr (Post 4356074)
Hi everyone. 5'0" here. Even 5 pounds makes a visible difference at this weight, doesn't it? I've got a long way to go, still, and I'm hanging in there even though my motivation is at a low point these days. Glad to find a thread for us short gals.

Hi there!

In my opinion 5lbs can make a visible difference. Whether it's a loss or gain, I think it does show. And in particular on us shorties! I think the taller you are, the more chance of your weight being spread over your body. And with shorter people, they tend to stick in similar places i.e tummy area and probably bum area. My issue is I carry all my weight on my tummy area. Sometimes because you see yourself everyday (that sounds odd :P) it can be difficult to see chances, but others might notice them better. So if I was to gain or loss 5lbs, I would notice the chance by how tight or loose my clothes have gotten as well as the visible chances noticed by others.