3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   SHORTIES - 5' 2" & Under....... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/221098-shorties-5-2-under.html)

Esofia 06-27-2011 09:31 AM

Gah. Just had to convince my neighbour (half a foot taller than me) that yes, 105lb is a perfectly reasonable goal weight for my height and pretty much in the middle of the normal range of the BMI. It's a bit like when people are amazed that I have size UK 3 feet, but honestly, what else do they expect at my height?

tired of fat 2011 06-27-2011 12:30 PM

How exciting! I found MY home here! Well, at least one of them. I am a shorty! I am an astonishing 5'2.5! WOOHOO!

zoodoo613 06-28-2011 04:45 PM

Hey, a place where I'm the tall one? I'll take it!

Precious Little 07-02-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoodoo613 (Post 3911655)
Hey, a place where I'm the tall one? I'll take it!

Me too! I'm sick of always being the shortest!!

TheManekiNeko 07-08-2011 10:43 AM

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who finds that other people don't seem to understand how much difference a few lbs make when you're so short.

shorty in texas 07-09-2011 09:38 PM

Hi, new here, glad to find a site for us shorties! I need some motivation to lose 25 lbs. I am about 138 right now, 5'2 (and a half) age 48. Was about 110 all through high school and very athletic, athletic muscular build, so I think this is around my ideal weight. I lost 20 lbs 1.5 years ago when my daughter was ill and I didn't eat anything but broth and crackers for a couple months, but now have gained it back :(. I need motivation to exercise, I eat healthy, but like my wine (glass or 2 with dinner). Eating isn't my main prob, it's consistent exercise. I walk, do stairs in my house, etc but it's not enough. What good exercise regimins does anyone recommend? thanks, shorty in texas

Armida 07-18-2011 04:14 PM

Hahaha, here's another tall shorty. I'm 5'2"!

mysticshaz 07-18-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esofia (Post 3909234)
Gah. Just had to convince my neighbour (half a foot taller than me) that yes, 105lb is a perfectly reasonable goal weight for my height and pretty much in the middle of the normal range of the BMI. It's a bit like when people are amazed that I have size UK 3 feet, but honestly, what else do they expect at my height?

i know exactly how you feel, people cant seem to understand how low a weight you can be when your short and it be healthy, i tell people i am 126 pounds (9 stone) and they say i would love to weigh that its hard deffinetly.

i have size two and a half feet too and how hard is it to get nice shoes that fit argh!

shaz

BrneydGrl 07-26-2011 10:18 AM

I found a place where I fir in. YAY!!!

liliesinmycereal 07-27-2011 09:42 PM

Does anyone have an example of how 10 pounds would affect a shortie?

CheerMomOf3 08-01-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheManekiNeko (Post 3926465)
It's nice to see I'm not the only one who finds that other people don't seem to understand how much difference a few lbs make when you're so short.

this is soooo true!! people at work are always trying to compare weight.. as we all try to lose some.. and they never understand why for them 170 might be a goal weight, but for me.. more like 115/120..

ugh.. stinks!!

shadowmom74 08-04-2011 11:00 AM

I guess I'm at the other end of the spectrum here... I'm only 5'2", maybe less... but big boned. And that's seriously not a cop-out!

In high school at the time, I thought I was such a fatty! I *thought* I was sooo much bigger than most of the other girls, who were all taller! Well, really, I was in a size 12 jeans, but those girls were still in jr sizes and I couldn't have squeezed into them if I tried! I remember going to the Dr in 9th grade and I weighed in at 143.

Kinda feel weird with everyone soo much smaller, but I am what I am!! We'll see when I hit my goal of 160 how I feel!!! ;)

scjp926 08-04-2011 11:09 AM

Is everyone else losing slow once they get within 10 pounds of a healthy weight? It is everything I can do to have a drop on the scale every week. I have a body bugg and I know my calorie deficit daily and some days I just don't make it. I think it has to do with this heatwave here in the US, and I live in Mississippi and our heat indexes have been in the 110-120 for a couple of weeks and I feel weird especially after working out. But I don't deprive myself I eat atleast 1200 calories per day but I feel dizzy sometimes. Anyone else feel like this?

Munchy 08-04-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowmom74 (Post 3973208)
I guess I'm at the other end of the spectrum here... I'm only 5'2", maybe less... but big boned. And that's seriously not a cop-out!

In high school at the time, I thought I was such a fatty! I *thought* I was sooo much bigger than most of the other girls, who were all taller! Well, really, I was in a size 12 jeans, but those girls were still in jr sizes and I couldn't have squeezed into them if I tried! I remember going to the Dr in 9th grade and I weighed in at 143.

Kinda feel weird with everyone soo much smaller, but I am what I am!! We'll see when I hit my goal of 160 how I feel!!! ;)

I'm similar in that I seem to carry weight differently. I'm small, but dense! I'm almost 5 feet tall, semi muscular, and very curvy in the T&A areas. I was wearing a size 12 in children's clothes in college when I lost weight and got to 112lbs. After having a child and being a *little* older, I would be happy at 120 (which I was within a year of having her). 115 is a possibility. Between 120-130, size 2 fits me, but the tightness/comfortableness changes.

dancer41 08-10-2011 12:23 AM

SHORTIES - 5'2" & Under

Well, I certainly fit into this category at a whopping 5'1" - I've reached that place where I am starting to shrink - unfortunately, until now, it was just in height. The good news is, I am now 13 lb less than I was a few weeks ago - Hooray! Actually looking forward to a weigh-in.

The weight distribution certainly is different on us shorties - much more compact! My waist, hips, and bust are all just about the same dimensions - reminds me of a rectangle walking down the street. Well, NO MORE! The IP diet is going well and I plan to stick with it.