3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   SHORTIES - 5' 2" & Under....... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/221098-shorties-5-2-under.html)

teacher1 01-10-2011 08:11 PM

Hi everyone!!! It's snowing here and it's so tempting to just watch TV and order a pizza. Good thing my husband has more willpower than me.

brokengently 01-11-2011 12:52 AM

Hello shorties!

I was looking at my driver's license the other night and was wondering why my height was listed as 154cm (around 8 years ago). I've always thought I was closer to 158cm, and have put my height as 5'1.75" here. So I double checked and turns out, I'm actually 155cm - exactly 5'1" :( I was pissed off at first since this moves my normal BMI by 5 lbs! *fumes* But I guess it's better to know the truth now, than later.

Am I the only one too lazy to exercise in the cold? I'm basically just calorie-counting now...

And I'm soooo tempted to try Alli... I've been reading the Alli thread for a week now, trying to decide if I'll give it a try! Lazy, lazy...

teacher1 01-11-2011 11:35 AM

I just about cried when I renewed my license last year. I listed my weight at 175. Oops just a little off. It's on my list on things to do after I hit my goal.

I have a snow day today!!! So I slept in and will watch some TV, workout, and work on school stuff. i love getting a free day to get stuff done!

worktobedone00 01-11-2011 02:38 PM

Hey shorties! Ive been struggling. Counting calories has not been wrkng :?:

Ive had lots of feedback. Thank you for all the kind words and great ideas!

Im taking baby steps and staying positive. My teeny weeny goal for the week is not eating any overly processed food (chips, candy...) I set this goal Friday(4 days ago) and so far Ive lost 2 lbs! Its not much but its a step forward.:carrot:

Chrztina 01-11-2011 03:40 PM

Hi guys. I'd like to join the group.

I joined a long time ago, but really started taking it seriously during the past two weeks. I'm super happy that I've lost five pounds, but it always gets really tough when I hit 145. Then I give up and go back to the 150s.

I also am bummed that even when I was 9 months pregnant the most I weighed was 162. Ugh. As I've moved up at work, I've become less and less active.

I'm also a calorie counter and use the site, ************.com. I downloaded it to my smart phone, so I can track even when I'm away from the PC. Right now I'm eating 1200-1300 calories a day, drinking lots of green tea, little to no sugar and a ton of veggies.

I look forward to success with all of you!

Chrztina 01-11-2011 03:41 PM

Dang it - the site is ************

Chrztina 01-11-2011 03:41 PM

my fitness pal, I don't know why it keeps getting blocked.

teacher1 01-12-2011 11:24 AM

It's another snow day for me. Today is my rest day for exercise. Calories are doing good. I just think I'll need to add more variety of foods so I do get bored.

theCandEs 01-13-2011 12:51 PM

Hello, everyone!

Yes, it's definitely too cold to exercise outside. I've been jogging in place while watching TV in the evenings. My kids think it's nuts, but who cares? They even joined me a couple of times. We were having a "race" to see how long we could do it. LOL

Brr! It's cold here. 17 degrees this morning. That's just obscenely cold.

Renaissance 01-13-2011 01:06 PM

Hey "fun-sized" people :D

I just joined the forum and only recently starting focusing on my weight.

Already I have gone a week without soda, which was a pretty tough challenge but I think I crave it less and less.

I finally brought out the old Tony Little Gazelle I have never used and worked on it for 20 min yesterday!

Its cold here in Texas too (though not as much as where some of you are) but was able to walk outside for a little while.

Yay for one day at a time :carrot:

teacher1 01-13-2011 06:19 PM

Renaissance- Hi and I love the nickname "fun-sized" people!!!

After a week and a half the cravings are getting better. Baby steps!

FatPantsSkinnyJeans 01-13-2011 06:34 PM

Hi Shorties!

It's FREEZING here too, under 30F every day :(

However, I've discovered Bikram Yoga (which is lovely and warm and grossly sweaty) and I'm managing to drag myself to the gym in a parka and 2 pairs of pants. Gotta do what you gotta do, fashion forward or not.

I'm focusing on a wedding that I am a bridesmaid in ... it's very far away (in July, in fact) but the dresses are tiny and the cameras are aplenty. I want to look and feel fabulous! Two of the other bridesmaids and the bride are shorties, too. hehehe :)

teacher1
--It is SO tempting, I agree. But, I can always talk myself out of it with the whole "Don't waste money on that, you have food in the fridge" mentality. Might help?

brokengently-- IMHO, drugs and supplements can be tempting, but are a temporary fix. They can also do scary things to your liver and kidneys. In the long run, we have to find a way to be motivated to feed our bodies good stuff, and to make exercise a regular part of our routine. Easier said than done, for sure.

worktobedone00
-- Don't minimize your accomplishment, that's great!! 2lbs and a diet change is a HUGELY successful week :)

Chrztina
-- Good plan! You can always come here for motivation, distraction, venting, anything!

TheCandes
--Hahah, love it. I sometimes do squats down the hall at work when I'm cold. Whatever works for ya.

Renaissance-- Congrats on avoiding the soda! That's a huge step, and will help you with your loss tremendously. Keep it goin'!

Well, fellow little ones, I'm off to Yoga. Chat soon!

-FPSJ

purplepumpkin 01-14-2011 06:49 AM

Hi all,

5'1'' here and 155 lbs, trying to get to 110-120 by June

I'm done being overweight. I am currently shopping around for a nice gym around my work, since I think I will stick to exercising more if I go in the morning before work (compared to at night once I go back home -- I'm always SOOOO tired...)

I am giving myself this weekend to get organized and plan my diet and workout routine, and then on Monday I will start with tracking calories and exercise. I am actually considering to buy a BodyBugg or GoWear Fit to help with tracking.

My biggest fear is falling off the wagon and give up. I would love to have at least one "buddy" to correspond with and share thoughts, tips, progress, advice etc.. and to compare and contrast diet and exercises. I just started a 3FC blog that I am planning to update with my food and my exercise and my progress. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Chrztina 01-14-2011 10:41 AM

Purplepumpkin- I was thinking about buying a BodyBugg or Go Wear Fit too. I looked into them extensively two days ago. I need something to keep me motivated, especially during the winter months.

I have a free gym here at my office, but have never used it because it would require me coming into work earlier and thus paying someone to watch my kids before they go to school (not to mention waking them up earlier). During the warmer months, when there is more daylight we can get out of the house and stay active after school.

I do have the Wii, so I should really be using that more.

Anyways, I'll be your "buddy". We are about the same weight and you've only got me beat on height by an inch.

This site is helping me! I came on here this morning because I really want a donut or bagel that my company provides for free every Friday morning. How do you say no to free food?!? Instead of caving, I made some green tea and visited 3FC, while my coworkers wen to eat.

purplepumpkin 01-14-2011 02:40 PM

Good for you Chrztina! I know, it is really hard to resist to free food -- I get a lot of free food with work (I eat out with clients or my staff almost every day! And everything goes on company expenses...) but I am trying really hard to change that or at least get healthier habits (I am the boss in my tiny little firm, so I can choose what to bring in eg. for staff meeting -- I already switched that from bagels and donuts to bagels and fresh fruit, and I try to limit myself to half a bagel and some fresh fruit). Thanks for agreeing to be my buddy. I will post my days on my blog, feel free to drop by and leave a comment or to PM me whenever you want.. -- do you have a 3FC blog?