Old 01-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #136  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh and the roads were worse today than yesterday when all the snow came in. Bridges were slicker than snot. Sissy road with me today, I think she was a little frightened to do it on her own. Took me 1hr and 25 minutes to do my 22 minute commute. Semi-truck driver's are the worse. They seem to think they are invinceable, hence the three major accidents were crashed semi's turned over on their sides. Dumb A*ses.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #137  
Annie - Indiana

worst
Old 01-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #138  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES.
THE SUN IS BRIGHTLY SHINING ON OUR WINTER WONDERLAND. ANOTHER 14-16 INCHES OF SNOW WAS DUMPED IN OUR AREA. DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU PUT YOUR YARDSTICK!! THE WEATHER CHANNEL SAID THAT AS OF TODAY, FLORIDA IS THE ONLY STATE HERE WITHOUT SNOW! I AM SNUG AS A BUG SO NOT CARING ABOUT IT. THE MEN HAVE BEEN HARD AT WORK SINCE EARLY THIS MORNING DIGGING OUT OUR FIRE EXITS. THE TOWN HAS ALREADY BEEN HERE TWICE PLOWING OUR DRIVE. ALL IS WELL. JEN IS GLAD SHE'S IN FLORIDA AND NOT WITH EITHER ME OR SHAD!! EITHER WAY SHE'D NEED TO BORROW THE GUMBOOTS.
I AM BECOMING ADDICTED TO CREAM OF WHEAT. THE POT PIE FROM TRADER'S WAS DELISH AND WILL MAKE 4 MEALS....I STEAMED 2 SMALL BAGS OF VEGGIES AND MADE TV DINNERS FOR MYSELF. COOKING WITH ALL THINGS TRADER JOE'S IS JUST PERFECT FOR ME. IT'S ALSO SO MUCH MORE LIKE HOME COOKING AND THE SALT CONTENT ISN'T BAD EITHER. HOPE YOU ALL STAY SAFE AND HAVE A GREAT DAY

SHAD....THANKS FOR THE E-MAIL AND WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT BRISBANE TO MICHELLE WAS ALL OVER THE TV THE OTHER NIGHT. THAT'S WHEN I FOUND OUT ABOUT TOOWOOMBA. I HOPE YOU HAVE BLUE SIKES FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK. ALSO HOPE YOU GOT THE RECALCITRANT BROTHERS ON THE PHONE AND GAVE THEM A GOOD GOING OVER WHEN/OR IF...DO YOU GO BACK TO JAKARTA?? HOW IS THAT PROJECT GOING AND ALSO THE DOCO FOR MICK? INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS!!

LAURA...YUM THE POT PIE WAS GOOD! I'LL SAVE YOU SOME. DID YOU GET TO THE THEATER??? HOW'S THE SNOW OUT YOUR WAY??

HAPPY....I HEAR YA ON LIFE BEING BUSY. LATELY THERE SEEMS TO BE ONLY 12 HOURS IN EACH DAY RATHER THAN 24. HOPE THE CAR ISN'T TOO COSTLY.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #139  
Happy September

ANNIE...GLAD YOU AND SISSY GOT TO WORK OK. SAW SOME PICS OF YOUR "AREA" AND WOW!!! IS ALL I CAN SAY. FRASSING SNOW AND ICE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY THIS MORNING. WEIRD. GLAD SOMEONE PLOWED YOUR DRIVE. GOOD OF HIM. MAYBE THEY KNOW YOU'RE A GOOD COOK!! GET HOME SAFE TONITE
ps: you are right....the one time i don't answer the alarm it will be a 5 alarm fire or someone with a real heart attack!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #140  

Morning all.

Annie - Nice of the neighbor to snowblow your driveway. Eagerly awaiting the rest of the story. Long commute for you!!! Glad you arrived safely - it's the "sound" part I'm not so sure about!

Happy - Hope the car work doesn't cost big bucks - sometimes I think cars are worse money pits than a house!!

Mel - That's a lot of snow!! Glad you're snug in your apartment, and I'm jealous of Jen & Ritchie down in the sunshine state. I think I need to put a tropical photo on my pc's desktop for those short virtual getaways. Wondering what TJ pot pie you buy because I sure couldn't break up the typical size into 4 servings and be happy about it! I try to avoid pot pies because I have no portion control with them - whenever I'm tempted at the store, I make a point of looking at the nutrition info on the box and the fact that one pie is two servings usually puts me off because I know I'd eat the whole thing. But I guess if you're supplementing it with salad/veggies or something, you must make it work for you. Good for you!!

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies. Hope all is well, or well enough, as the case may very well be. Too many "wells" and probably improperly used. Oh well.

Driving wasn't too bad last night - I'm about a block off a main road, and so I was driving on plowed and salted streets. "The King's Speech" was a good movie, even if I didn't catch all the dialog - the accents. Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush were really good. The movie provided enough background to fill in the history, but I found myself still wishing I knew more about it.

That's all for now!

Last edited by Laura705; 01-12-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #141  
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE/Laura....the neighbor that snow blew my drive is female and dresses like a guy and has a guy haircut....I started out using her blower, got one strip done and turned around and she was there. She said, while rubbing my arm, "Honey you are all dressed up and pretty, let me do this for you"...I said ok and beat it in the house. So if I thank her, it will be by leaving something nice on her porch in the middle of the night.....lol
Old 01-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Sorry for the germs that I've spread around. I've not had a temperature the whole time. Just can't say anything above a whisper. The guy's at work are making fun of me. I could have shot my boss today. He called me over the cb radio. I whispered 10-4. I was hoping the Mayor would call and tell me to go home. No such luck.

Laura
You are much mor brave than me drving at night in the snow to see a movie.

Mel
Tomorrow I will join you and be at home snug as a bug.

Shad
Let's hope the blue skies and sunshine continues for a month or longer.

Happy
Time does get away from you in a hurry. I've had to cut out part of my computer time to get things done.

I need to make a couple of appointments for Friday. My car part is in and I really need to go to the doctor. The laryngitis doesn't bother me but this stuff in my chest does. It rattles at night while I'm trying to sleep. It's going to be to cold for me to travel tomorrow as the high is predicted to be 23. brrrrrrrr.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #143  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
These flies and mossies are driving me insane. Thre fragrance of Aerogard rules around here. Can't afford to get any of the mossie bourne diseases.
Flood waters are slowly receding around the city but each centimeter reveals some damage to infrastructure. It will take months to fix

Gotta go do some work and will be back later with personals. Need to reapply the mossie repellent as well.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #144  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday ladies -

It was a crazy busy day yesterday...and today looks to be the same. I hope you all are doing well. I'll try and catch up with y'all a little later. Sorry.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #145  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING. FRASSING FREEZING OUTSIDE. I CANCELED MY WALMARTS TRIP YESTERDAY. NO REAL HEAT IN THAT STORE SO IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA RIGHT NOW.
LAST YEAR I WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE CHANCE BUT NOT NOW. I'M MAKING PROGRESS DOING THE RIGHT THING!!
NOTHING NEW HERE. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

LAURA...IT'S THE SQUARE ONE THAT IS IN THE PRODUCE DEPARTMENT HERE. HEAT & SERVE. I CANNOT FIT A LOT OF FOOD IN AT ONE SITTING ANYMORE. I EAT IN 1/2 CUP INCREMENTS FOR A FEW YEARS NOW. BUT...I COULD ALMOST EAT THIS WHOLE THING IF I HAD NO PROBS!! GOOD THO HEAR YOU LIKED THE MOVIE. I'LL TURN THE VOLUME UP WHEN IT COMES TO TV!!!

ANNIE I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IT WOULD BE SOMETHING LIKE THIS WITH YOU INVOLVED! OMG I AM CRACKING UP OVER HRE. YES WE ARE MORE ALIKE THAN EVEN I WOULD HVE IMAGINED!!! TARGETS FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WE DON'T WANT!! WHERE ARE THE PEEPS WE DO WANT?????

CEEJAY...HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON. IT'S TOO COLD HERE FOR ME TO GO OUTSIDE ALSO. SO BUNDLE UP AND STAY WARM IF YOU CAN.

SHAD...HOPE THE MOSSIES LEAVE YOU ALONE BUT I CAN JUST SEE THEIR POPULATION GROWING BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS. I READ WHERE A RESTAURANT WENT INTO THE WATER IN BRISBANE. SOME GUY WITH A CELL PHONE WHO WANTED TO REMAiN ANONYMOUS CALLED AOL I THINK IT WAS. HE SAID THERE'S A LOT OF DAMAGE TO THE RIVERSIDE STRUCTURES & A LOT OF DEBRIS FLOATING QUICKLY PAST IN THE WATER. PRAYING FOR DRYER WEATHER.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #146  
Happy September

WAVING TO SHELLEY....HAVE A GOOD DAY AND REST SOME TOO!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #147  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning,

It's very cold outside - in the teens. Mr. Feral cat came back yesterday, plopped down on the blanket in his cardboard box house and has only come out to eat, take a short walk (potty break I assume) and then back to either his cat bed on the open porch or back to the box. Not sure where the poor thing laid when it snowed the other day but I'm glad he's back. He looks all snuggly curled up in a ball and sleeping.

It's been crazy busy at work for at least a week which is why I haven't been posting. Some days I barely was able to gobble down my lunch.

The car "repairs" cost us a pretty penny for their time to run diagnostics. The computer in my car showed something amiss but the mechanics could not find anything wrong. DH told the repair manager I wanted to keep my car so it was worth the maintenance investment. He said with the condition of my car and it's low mileage, he wouldn't sell it either.

Shad - I can only imagine how dreadfull the mosquitos must be with all that dampness. As if the floods weren't enough, now the plagues start. Remains to be seen what's going to happen with the food supplies now that all the crops are ruined. I suppose you'll be stuck with very high prices for some not so great imports, eh?

Ceejay - sorry you aren't feeling well - take care of that voice - don't want to strain it too much.

Annie - it was nice of the neighbor to take care of the snow for you. Bake her something nice, I'm sure she will be happy. I hope they cleaned off some of the snow and your commute wasn't quite so long. I heard you guys got dumped on.

Laura - I used to love Stouffers pot pies until I read the nutrition label on them. I was horrified. Can't bring myself to eat them any more. I'm sure most of the high calories stuff is in the wonderful pastry crust. Still waiting for them to make steamed brocolli as good as the stuff we're not supposed to eat

OMG Mel - over a foot of snow? Again? I'm glad you have all your supplies so you don't have to leave the building. I'm not sure how you got 4 servings out of a pot pie either unless it's real pie sized. My Mom told the doctor that she eats alot of Lean Cuisine, pre-packaged meals too because it doesn't pay to cook for one person. I don't know why she doesn't make stuff and freeze portions. She has 2 refrigerators with freezers and they are filled with junk - half gallon containers of ice cream and old meat from who knows when. I think you are better off with your TJ's meals. At least it's fresh stuff

Michelle - I liked your quote - up there with bite it, write it. I think when you actually stop and are more concious of things, it helps to prevent the mindless eating. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better - sure is taking a long time but it's good that you are being patient with your recovery.

Time to put on alot of clothes and head out the door. Brrrrrr. Have a good one ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #148  

Hi Everyone! Happy Thursday/Friday to all.

Annie - Funny story! Sounds like your neighbor really likes you!! Definitely do something nice for her - it was really nice of her to blow your snow away.

Ceejay - Sorry to hear about the laryngitis. Years ago I had a really bad case of laryngitits, but it was really bad because my job at the time required a lot of interviewing. Hope that goes away soon! Stay warm this weekend!!

Shad - Ugh, now the squito population will explode (too bad it wouldn't literally explode). The aftermath of these floods will be long-lived, unfortunately.

Mel - Good you skipped the Walmart trip. I hate when I need to keep my mittens on in a store!! I'm going to have to check out that chicken pot pie at TJ's - we have another store where we buy our produce, so I usually don't look in that section.

Happy - Yeh, that's the best word for my reaction to the nutrition info on food packaging of certain - horrified. But thank goodness the info is there for us, even if we try to ignore it and claim ignorance.

Hellos to Michelle & Kasey!

Nothing much to report. I went to the fc and did 30 min. on the elliptical yesterday. For some reason it made my knees ache - it hasn't done that in the past. Next time it'll be the stationary bike. Today I've been working on a couple icky projects, which over the past year have becomen less icky because they have been transformed from black holes to actual projects with concrete steps that eventually will lead to resolution.

Nothing planned for the weekend. Tomorrow is my day off and I hope to do some shopping, and perhaps a vet appt to deal w/ the dog's nails & glands. Hair appt on Saturday, and the football game on Sunday. Work is having a playoff game kickoff happy hour tomorrow which I'll miss. That's okay, I don't even have any Bears clothing to wear.

Okay, gonna stop rambling and post this. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Hope you can come up for air soon at work.

Mel
I'm proud of you for staying inside today. We can always go to Wally World at a later date. BTW, how's John doing ?(maintenace person)

Shad
If it is one thing I dread about summer it's the skeeters. Flies can bite just as hard too. Good to hear the water's are going down.

Happy
It has been cold this week. I understand about the car repairs. I'm taking the Rav4 into the dealership tomorrow to have a new oil pan installed. My car only has 81,000 miles, but if it starts to require a lot more reapirs in the future I may decided to trade.

Laura,
I'm looking forward to my long week end at the end of the month. Not much much of a football fan.

Annie
You made me laugh about the female neighbor and snow machine.

Haven't made up my mind on going to Paragould this week end. Even though there are a couple of event's planned. The main on is my uncle's get together Saturday.
Went to the doctor here this morning for the laryngitis. I'm feeling the antibiotics at work. Hope he didn't give me a steriod shot. Guess I'll find out later on.
And will take the car tomorrow to the dealership.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #150  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
You'll have to excuse me for there will be no personals. I have been working all day at cleaning up a house for a close friend of the DS1. The water was up to the windowsills of their house and from the outside, I can just reach the windowsills. Poor souls have just had a big extension done on the back of the house. They are now looking at having to rip out and re-do the walls. Drywall is no fun when they get wet. Maybe that is why it is called drywall eh? They have had to get rid of a stack of furniture and most of anything that was man made wood - ie melamine or chipboard or particle board whatever you call it. They had a beautiful timber hardwood floor installed. With a bit of luck we might yet save most of that tomorrow. Today we hosed it off and put the high pressure hoses over it. Tomorrow it will need a clean water mopping and then left to dry.
I'm a bit stonkered here. I am making some food for tomorrow and a couple of sandwiches here and there. Just time to clean up the kitchen, put another load of Mandys dirty kitchen stuff through the dishwaster and then I'm off to bed. That was certainly a better work out than the wii fit today. Tomorrow will be just as bad I think. So I will be back some time tomorrow. Have a good day and a good sleep
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote