Old 01-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #286  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Saturday ladies -

I had to work last night and this morning on report implementation, but thankfully everything went perfectly! How often does that happen in the Information Technology world, huh? Well, hopefully my good luck stays with me for next weekend's implementations! (knocking on wood here). DH and I ran errands, and now I'm upstairs working on a website. Lots to get done for this new client, so I'll likely be up here for 2-3 more hours today and then a few hours tomorrow.

I'm doing really good on tracking my WW points, and staying within them too! And today, when DH and I went to the grocery store, I stocked up on lots of fresh fruits and veggies - both are 0 points on WW now! I also bought lots of frozen mixed veggies for stir fry, etc. DH doesn't like stir fry, but the things he does like are really high in points...so I made several of his favorites last night and they're in the freezer so he's good to go for a week or two.

Happy - I'm glad you made it home safely? I hope you have a lovely relaxing evening. Thanks for the vote of confidence about my will power. I think I'll be using a little bit of my weekly points allowance each day throughout the week just to enjoy a carb or two. I'm finding that pretty much everything I enjoy is at least 1 more point than it used to be.

Shad - You cracked me up about the weed maybe being a potato! I know you and Happy are right about the diet pills. I think after working hard to lose the weight and then gaining it back...I want a quick fix. No such thing, right. And I'm proof that blood sugar and cholesterol levels can and do improve with healthy eating and exercise...I did it before and I can do it again. I've got some friends who work in HR that would probably take offense to your remark, but I think it's hysterical and in most cases, accurate!

Mel - Sorry the men worked so late. I hope they didn't keep you up. No, my friend, I'm not going to throw in the towel or do anything drastic...slow and steady will win this race. Congrats on all the exercising!! Sometimes exercise doesn't deliver results on the scale, but it sure makes a difference how we feel!

Annie - Saw on FB that you took some lovely meals over to dad before you went to work!! That was so nice of you. I'm sure he appreciated the visit and your good cooking!! I hope your shifts at CVS go well, and that you find a minute or two to relax this weekend.

Ceejay - Yep, you and I are gonna stick to the straight and narrow and have better blood tests next time 'round. Have a wonderful time in Paragould with the relatives! Safe Travels! Good for you on biking!!

Ellen - It is so frustrating to lose posts. Wish we all could lose weight as easily as we lose posts!! Hope you're having a wonderful On Plan weekend!!

Back to website work! Catch y'all tomorrow!!

Love and big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #287  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

YOU'RE GONNA LAUGH.....WHILE THE MOVERS WERE HERE THEY PUT A TABLE AND 3 CHAIRS OUT IN THE HALL. THE NIECE, LAURA, WAS CLEANING THE APARTMENT AND THE MOVERS WENT TO A LATE DINNER....(YES MY FRIENDS THEY DIDN'T GET DONE TILL AFTER 9PM BUT I DIGRESS)....UNBEKNOWNST TO THE LAURA, A TENANT WITH A KLEPTOMANIA PROBLEM STOLE THE CHAIRS AND PUT HER 3 OLD CHAIRS AROUND THE TABLE INSTEAD. LATER LAURA WAS FRANTIC AND CAME TO ME. I KNEW WHERE THEY MUST BE BUT THE TENANT REFUSED TO GIVE THEM BACK SAYING SHE DIDN'T HAVE THEM. CALLED THE COPS AND THEY HAD TO GET THEM BACK. THE COPS NOT ONLY LAUGHED ON THE PHONE BUT CRACKED UP WHEN THEY LEFT. I GUESS ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL.
;sunny: SUN IS SHINING ON OUR DUSTING OF SNOW. LOOKING WHITE AND FROSTY OUTSIDE. WILLY IS ALMOST CERTAIN THAT TRADER JOE'S WILL BE CANCELED.
HOPE WE CAN GO THE WEEK AFTER. WONDERIF THEY WILL CANCEL THE MEETINGS THEY RESCHEDULED FOR WEDS NITE? HOPE SO!!
NOTHING NEW HERE...JUST HOPING FOR A CALMER DAY. YESTERDAY HAD TOO MANY ALARMS AND SILLY PROBLEMS.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

MICHELLE......MY EXERCISING IS NOTHING LIKE ANYONE ELSE'S. IT'S JUST A BUNCH OF STRETCHING AND ARM LIFTING ETC. YOU KNOW THE KIND THAT KEEP OLF BAGS LIKE ME LIMBER CONGRATULATIONS ON THE "IT" SUCCESSES AND MAY THEY CONTINUE ON INTO NEXT WEEKEND TOO & WITH THE NEW CLIENT. YOU BUSY BEE!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #288  
Happy September

Old 01-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #289  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good Sunday morning to everyone!

Sorry Shad, I can never keep the time difference straight...so I don't know if it's currently Sunday evening or Monday or when???

I've been up for a couple hours hoping to load the website software and Photoshop on my laptop so I can work downstairs, but it's taking FOREVER. So I'm upstairs working at my desk while it finishes.

I'm still doing really well on my WW points...though I am really noticing how carb-unfriendly the new points system is. With the old points system, it used to be that carbs weren't all bad..if they contained A TON of fiber. Now, it seems all starches are bad...but high fiber/whole grain ones are just less bad. I've got most of my "usual" foods and their points added to the online eTools tracker. Let's just say that there are some that I will NOT be buying/eating very often. I guess that's how I got this way, right? Dang, even my 1% chocolate milk has gone up in points....as well as yogurt. Aaaargh. Granted, I do get more points each day...but I'm still going to have to be careful, and add as much exercise as my back/body will allow.

Mel - Too funny about the klepto tenant that stole the chairs and the cops had to be called!! OMG! I'm glad everything got sorted out in the end. The sun is shining here today too. But it's just a calm before the storm. We're supposed to get 4-6" of snow overnight, and another foot might be coming on Tuesday. Still not as bad as the winter you've been having, so I won't complain (much). Bummer that TJ's will likely get cancelled. I hope you have enough stuff to get you through. I'll keep my fingers that they cancel the meetings for you. I cracked up at the "resimay" and the employer's response, and especially liked the photo! I love that zero calorie eye candy!

Looks like everyone's sleeping in or taking the day off...except for Annie of course, I think she's already at CVS by now.

Here's to a great Sunday for all of us!

Lots of love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 01-30-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #290  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I'm sure I posted yesterday - but darned if I can see where it is.

Michelle - don't worry about what day it is. I have one of the personal world clocks set up on my computer, but I usually just write as if we are all on the same day. Saves bothering with looking up time zones.
Haven't had a look at the new WW but I generally haven't bothered too much with them because of the cost and the restrictions. I like a diet where nothing is forbidden, and most things are eaten in moderation with the occasional foray into the sweet realm. The CSIRO diet gives me room for the sweet tooth, but I actually cut back on the amount of food since I am not doing the amount of exercise required.

Mel - hilarious story about the klepto. Serves them right for leaving the stuff around. Should have at least packed and wrapped it before putting it outside.

Yesterday L and I spent a lot of time pruning and cutting the hedge. It looks a little sorry for itself at the moment, but will bounce back in time. I can see the neighbours roof again from where I am sitting so it needs to grow another 6 to 8 inches and he will be invisible again. The garden is looking good at the moment and I should go out and spray fertilise it again, but since the sun is now up, I might have to wait until tonight.
We're having a bbq here next weekend, so I should get the garden tidied up and looking respectable this week as well as getting the house sparkling. I have a feeling that the dust we get so liberally round here is due to the break down of the insulation in the ceiling so that might have to go on my list of to-do's. If that stuff is floating in the air, then it is no wonder both DS2 and I have sinus problems.

So I'd better go and get started on my day. Starting with changing my signature
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #291  
Creating a Healthier Me

Shad - I think I need the structure WW provides. And I've always had success on WW, and been able to eat what I want, just in moderation, which I guess is the key to any weight loss. The CSIRO looks good too. I just have difficulty counting calories...don't know why...I think it's when the numbers get into the thousands that I tend to get overwhelmed. I can count 25 or 30 points a day...so that's good. I'm glad to hear that the garden is looking good. Photos, please?? How fun to be having a bbq at your house next weekend! Are we all invited?? BTW, bravo on the weight loss!!

Back to website work for me. I think I might make baked chicken tonight...with a big salad and some kind of vegetable, and baked potatoes.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:09 AM   #292  

Height: 5'5"

Happy~welcome home. hope you had a great trip!

Shad~LOL at your potato plants...I wouldn't know of they were weeds or not either. Have fun with your bar-b-que. and congrats on the loss!!

Ceejay~how was dinner with your uncles??

Melody~so funny about your klepto tennant, but sorry the police had to be called in, what a hassle. Hope your meetings get moved to a different day!!

Michelle~You sure are working it this weekend...WW sounds like fun and supportive,but I've never tried it because of the cost. I guess I just got into the habit of counting calories..."zero calorie eye candy"...LOL

Well...here it is Monday again! still working on my first cup of coffee...Did not have a great night, but am managing. Doing a "mall walk" with my sister today, will jump back into Jillian exercise tomorrow. Supposed to get about a foot of snow in the next three days with "blizzard like conditions" ain'twintergrand...wish I could move some place warmer. Work tonight, hopefully will get back home before the snow starts. Havea great day!!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #293  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
HOPE YOUR WEEKENDS WENT NICE.
I AM SORRY TO SEE MONDAY BUT AT LEAST THE OFFICE CAN WORRY ABOUT THE BLDG FOR THE NEXT 5 DAYS
YESTERDAY WAS JUST A TINY BIT NUTS. WILLY NEEDED BROOMS AND SUCH TO CLEAN OFF THE LADDER. SAID BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE SLIPPERY SHOES YOU HAVE ON AND HE THEN PROMPTLY FELL OF THE LADDER. HE FELL INTO SNOW BUT I BET HE IS ACHY THIS MORNING. MEN.
MY BOSS IS OUT TODAY SO I AM DEFINITELY NOT GOING DOWN INTO TO THE PIT OF INSANITY.
PROBABLY SPEND SOME TIME WITH JEN. I REALLY NEED TO TACKLE MT. WASHMORE AGAIN. LOOKING PRETTY HIGH FROM THIS ANGLE
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

MICHELLE~ IF SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME BEFORE I MOVED HERE JUST EXACTLY WHAT IT MIGHT BE LIKE....I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT TWICE!!! HOPE YOUR WORK WENT OK AND YOU GT TO MOVE A BIT. THAT'S A LOT OF WORK HOURS YOU GOT IN THIS WEEKEND. MOST OF US HERE, PORBABLY ALL OF US, HAVE THE CARB PROBLEM. WHETHER IT BE SWEET OR STARCH. THEY ARE THE NUMBER ONE REASON FOR GAINING WEIGHT ALONG WITH SOME DAIRY PRODUCTS.....LACTOSE. IF I CUT THEM OUT OF MY DIET...I'D BE SKINNY AGAIN GOOD LUCK WITH THE POINTS AND I HOPE YOU FIND CHOICES YOU LIKE. HAVE YOU TRIED SMALLER MEALS AND MAKING THEM 4-6 TIMES A DAY? KINDA LIKE DIABETICS DO.
IT REALLY WORKED WELL FOR ME. KEEP US POSTED.

SHAD....I FORGOT TO SAY HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY ON THE 26TH. WITH ALL THE NUTTY THINGS GOING ON OVER HERE I COMPLETELY FORGOT. SORRY KIDDO. HAVING A BBQ??? ARE WE ALL INVITED TO PARTAKE IN THE FEAST?? I'LL START PACKING NOW!! GUESS I BETTER BRING A MASK AND SOME SINUS MEDS TILL THE INSULATION IS FIXED!! JUST ANOTHER THING TO ADD TO YOUR TO DO LIST!!! ENJOY THE GARDEN!!

ELLEN....BY NOW I AM WISHING I COULD MOVE WITH YOU TO SOME PLACE WARMER HAVE FUN AT THE MALL WALKING AROUND!! DO YOU AND YOUR SISTER DO LAPS?? I SEE A LOT OF SENIORS DOING LAPS WHEN I GO EARLY IN THE MORNING. HOPE THE NEW STORM WON'T BE AS BAD AS THEY ARE PREDICTING. STAY WARM
Old 01-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #294  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday Ladies of the World..lie...

SHue wee, what a way to jump back into the workload. 18 hours at CVS Sat & Sun...Worked my arse off. Totes, milk and ad signs in the alcohol aisle. Customers out the wazoo. GET A LIFE PEOPLE....I counted on Saturday this one regular came in FOUR freakin times. Cigs, booze, bandaids, and munchies...like can you not get everything at once...lol. Oh yeah, right, it was a man. Visited dad Saturday morning and we had lunch that I took over, together. We ate the meatloaf, green beans and baked garlic potatos, salad. Enough of that leftover for a couple more meals for him and also took him 3 servings of homemade spaghetti. He said he finally had enough pineapple upside down cake. Good thing, cause I ran out of time and didn't make/take any dessert. He seemed ok with that. lol

MELLIE....lmao about the Resimay. Literally...and sent it on to my buds. We are also expecting a mess tomorrow with the weather. I am in the 3/4" of ice section of the storm, if it drops further south then it will be 8-12" of snow instead. Either way, I am not liking it one bit.

Chelle...You are busy at home with work as I am at CVS with work. Only thing is I do not take breaks or lunches. I figure if I am there 8+ hours, I am not clocking out, I will get paid for the entire time. I am glad you are getting really really serious with your weight watchers and exercising. I am so proud of you with all you have been through with your back...I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Shaddie...you are making me jealous with the garden talk. I am sure you already know this....once you harvest the potatos...spray them with butter Pam, sprinkle with garlic PEPPER, not salt then bake them in the oven as is ON a piece of foil, not in foil. It makes for a nice little crusty outside.

Ellen...good exercise plan...yeah we are headed for the same crappy weather you are going to get. Blah

Ceejay...oatmeal and riding the bike....good for you...sounds like a great start to the day. I had grits for breakfast. Half a granny smith apple with 2 tes of peanutbutter. Yum.

Happy...welcome back, missed your posting on here. Glad you are back safe and sound. Well safe anyways,.lol

I have been doing great on food since last Monday, yep folks it has been an entire week of OP eating. I have also walked most every day, at work through the connecting mall several times and at CVS it is just one major run here run there constantly. I am trying to get at least 10 lbs off if not 15. I was 166 this morning down from 169. I will take the 3 lbs and run.

Gotta get busy, from the sound of the weather it may be a stay at home snow day tomorrow...lol

Have a magnificant Monday ladies.

Much love and many huggos,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #295  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

There's quite a storm heading toward a lot of us Worldlies today through Wednesday. The news said 30 states will be affected. Looks like Laura, Ellen, Annie, Mel and I will be smacked with snow and ice. And Ceejay and Happy may be in store for a nasty ice storm. I was scheduled to work from home today and Friday, but I might switch Friday to Wednesday and work from home (as long as the storm doesn't knock the power out).

Ellen - Good for you for doing a mall walk!! If I lived near an enclosed mall, I might do that. Instead, I'll just make a commitment to walk around the inside of my office building, which is pretty darn big. We're going to get between 20 and 24" with 6-10' drifts. Good times. NOT! Drive safely.

Mel - So sorry to hear that Willy fell. I hope he feels better soon. Enjoy the day with Jen and tackling Mt. Washmore. Stay away from the office. My carb problem is BOTH sweets and starch and dairy. I LOVE dairy. At least my bones thank me, even if my waistline doesn't. I am trying to do smaller more frequent meals and including lean protein when I eat carbs, as I know that helps keep my blood sugar more balanced. Or if not 6 small portion meals, then 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks. I'm still sorting out the new program and figuring out how to stay within the points and limit the hunger and cravings.

Annie - You must be exhausted with all the working you did at CVS!! Lunch with dad sounds like it was really nice. Your brekkie sounds really yummy too. I'm so proud of you for the OP eating and walking!! Congrats on the 3 pound loss!!

Big to Ceejay, Happy, Shad and Patty!

Lots of love and hugs,
Old 01-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
I'm home today from my ususal work day. I'm using one of my floating holiday's--Martin Luther King day as a day off. We had a good visit with the uncles on Saturday at noon and then a birthday party that night for my uncles grand daughter who turned 13 on the 26. Every one was in a good mood.
I zonked out at my uncles yesterday and had to take a nap after lunch. Then again after I got home yesterday afternoon. Slept till 8.30 a.m. this morning. I should be caught up on my sleep. But I still feel extremely tired.-Probably due to my out of whack thyroid.

Michelle
I'm with you on counting points instead of calories. I need to get busy with that today as well. I'm not looking forward to any more winter weather. But it's coming. I'm hoping that it will stay away until my day's off. I hat driving in this stuff.

Annie
good job on getting in all that exercise at work. I've been thinking about making a meatloaf or spaghetti for the rest of the week.

Mel
Enjoy your time with Jen. I'm doing Mt Wash today as well. I hope Willie is not to sore from his fall in the snow.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #297  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Now see ladies, if we lived in the Commune and had bad weather coming, we could all be snow/ice bound together and play card, exercise or sit in our lazyboy chairs while Bear Toe brought us umbrella drinks...hahahahha
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #298  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - I'm so glad you had a great time with your family in Paragould! You could be tired because you're just getting over that nasty sore throat and chest crud. Don't overdo it.

Annie - I thought we were going to locate the commune somewhere that they didn't get snow/ice. But we definitely should bring Bear Toe, Igor and Sven along. But I also want to bring my DH and I think Happy wants to bring hers too.

I'm heading out in a few minutes to have a follow-up visit at the doc. First post-procedure face to face follow-up, and I'm happy to tell him to that the pain is really low, and even when I push it too hard...it's still better than it was prior to the procedure. After the doctor visit, I'll come home to my PT exercises and Wii fit, and then I'll be cooking dinner.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #299  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Closed, finished, done with. Don't post here anymore - go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post3686363 inspire and find inspiration for the month.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote