Old 09-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Smile New CANADIAN FALL Thread ...

Hello to all our CANADIAN friends out there ~ this is our new fall thread. Summer is pretty well over in most places I guess; although this weekend we had temps up into the 90's -- maybe summer's last hurrah ...

The kiddies are back in school this week; and the leaves are starting to turn yellow on some trees in our neighborhood, so that's a sign that fall has just arrived here.

Hope to see lots of you come by and visit -- to share what's going on in your part of the country and don't forget the weather; we like to here about that too (it's a national pastime, you know) ...

BTW, I live in Northern Ontario; but even though I was born in Southern Ontario, I have lived here many more years than I did there, so my Dad says that now I am officially a northerner ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-03-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #2  
cher37

Thanks for the Welcome Rosebud!

Yep, I've been a dieter for the last 12 years - most recently in 2008 lost weight on Weight Watchers, gained (almost) everything back, then started Atkins in January 2010 - lost some weight, went off track & am now back on track!

... still feels like summer here - high 30's today (I don't know what the humidex was) but the dog is not having long walks right now!

/cheryl
Old 09-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #3  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

Hey Rosebud - thanks for opening the thread. I was born in S. Ontario too! - and hi Cheryl - we're neighbours!

Still enjoying the summer weather here, planning on doing some gardening this week-end as well as doing an art studios tour. Usually try to do a couple of those each fall; the Ottawa valley is so beautiful at this time of year, and later on in Sept/early Oct.
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey!!
Found this thread and add me to the list!

I'm Maddie,42 and living in Nova Scotia. It hit 43C here....HERE...today. Crazy! And yes we are waiting for Hurricane Earl to pound us over the weekend. ugh.

CanNOT wait for school to start! My youngest is going to school so that means Momma has the house to herself for a few blessedly quiet hours a day. Love my kids but also LOVE silence...
Nice meeting you!
Maddie
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Hey! Im Jenny, 24! from PEI. September 1st brought our hottest day yet this year! hard to believe its already september!!! wow
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #6  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey all you eastern people Greetings from the west. It is significantly cooler over here We haven't had much of a summer to speak of, you may have seen me complaining about it in the previous thread. Send some sun our way please? I am seriously not ready for fall, no matter how pretty it is.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #7  

It's up to 40 already...if I could ship 15 degrees out west you BET I would!!!!

Looks like Earl is going to hit the Yarmouth area. Not a direct hit for us but still fairly close (3-4 hours away).

Tomorrow is school (insert happy dance) LOL
Maddie
Old 09-02-2010, 07:29 PM   #8  
cher37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWave View Post
Hey Rosebud - thanks for opening the thread. I was born in S. Ontario too! - and hi Cheryl - we're neighbours!

Still enjoying the summer weather here, planning on doing some gardening this week-end as well as doing an art studios tour. Usually try to do a couple of those each fall; the Ottawa valley is so beautiful at this time of year, and later on in Sept/early Oct.
Hi there neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieD View Post
Hey!!
CanNOT wait for school to start! My youngest is going to school so that means Momma has the house to herself for a few blessedly quiet hours a day. Love my kids but also LOVE silence...
Nice meeting you!
Maddie
I can 2nd that emotion! School starts next Tuesday AND.... (drumroll please) ... it's my day off!!!!

Like you, I love my son, but he's 12, 5'8" with a very loud deep voice!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #9  
from Here to There...

We do love our kids, and we do love it when schools starts! Mine is nearly 17 and 6' tall. He's just started a course that includes lots (and I mean LOTS) of phys ed. Second day they did a 10k run, yesterday it was 'suicide runs', planks, push ups, etc. And French. And Law. And I forget what else. It sure keeps it motivating for me to get to some level of fitness. (I never expect to be able to do what he does, though!)

Good luck to everyone in NS with Earl baring down!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #10  
Rosebud

to all our NEWBIES ~ nice to have you all drop by ... hey, do we Canadians just breed tall boys or what? I here this all the time ... Some folks say it's hormones, and others say it's the fresh, clean air ... haha! Ya, right!

Sent up some prayers about that hurricane Earl; hope that everyone is safe and there won't be too much damage to speak of.

DH and I picked another half basket of green beans this AM before we headed up to our lot. DH & my Dad put a new roof on half of our camper as it had a bad leak and we didn't want the snow to damage it this winter.

We had a break from the temps today; with some breeze and clouds, it stayed in the mid to late 70's -- we'll take that, thank you very much. It is supposed to be nice for tomorrow too, then the temps will drop a bit for the weekend ... but hey, you won't catch me complaining one bit!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday tomorrow ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-02-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/185/153

Height: 5'6.5"

I live in Vancouver and its not that hot out

I am jealous!!! I have a 4-day long weekend and I about to head out for a hike.
Risssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #12  
cher37

Finally, the humidity broke - we had a couple of good downpours this afternoon!!!! Yah hoo!!!!

... too bad I'm too beat from this week to go & and have a good walk with the dog (my bursitis is inflamed & I need to rest the leg to stop me from getting a fever)
Old 09-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #13  
from Here to There...

I sat out on the porch this afternoon, and there was quite a breeze going. Nice to have the humidity GONE for a while! I'm still sending good thoughts to our friends in NS who have yet to see Earl, and also to anyone out in New Zealand re: the earthquake. I hope everyone is safe!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #14  

Hey All!

Still hit 40 today...after Earl leaves it is supposed to go "down" to 21-24ish for the next few days...THANK GOODNESS!! With our summers you never want to complain about hot sunny weather, but OMG....this is what Ontario is supposed to get...not us! (no offense to you Ontario gals but VERY few of us have air conditioning down here because we usually don't need it!)

Gusts are supposed to be 90-130km and rainfall about 40-70 mm. All the trees still have their leaves so yep...there will be a lot of downed trees.

I'll update y'all tomorrow!!
Maddie
Old 09-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #15  
Rosebud

WOW, glad to here that Hurricane Earl had missed you so far; nobody minds a few broken branches or scattered leaves, as long as that is it.

Prayers going up for that, as well as those dear folks in New Zealand; and, for CHERYL's bursitus -- that is no fun, for sure. I have my own challenges to deal with too.

RISSA ~ glad you have joined us here -- BC is renowned for its cooler temps and rain, of course. Hope those forest fires are under control and all the smoke is gone now.

We had this AM and then some for the afternoon; then we had a couple more showers with some pretty RAINBOWS early this evening to cool things off for us. Boy, it is getting dark out there already and it's only about 8 pm.

Yes, we were quite relieved when those high temps and the humidity left our area too. Hope you all have a wonderful long LABOR DAY WEEKEND ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-03-2010 at 08:20 PM.