Old 08-18-2010, 12:06 PM   #61  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a good summer . This summer has really gotten away from me, I haven't gotten anything done but I'm always busy...? I think the weeds are the tallest things in my garden and flower beds and to top it off it's been a cool summer, we would have 3 days of rain and cooler temps, then 1 or 2 days of nice sun then back to rain. Right now it's cooled off again.

Summer is almost over and we didn't do a big camping trip this year so I can sympathise with you, JJ . I really miss it. I think that means we'll have to do two big trips next year... one to northern askatchewan for fishing and one to Kananaskis for the mountains. These trips will be the dream that gets me through our miserable winter this year.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #62  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

AUNTY ~ ya, we have had for the last 5 days or so; we awoke to clouds this AM, but as the day went along, the came out and it was very too. We have a nice mix of blue sky and right now.

We started getting things ready for our holidays in September; we cleaned the car out, etc. We have an appt for 9 AM tomorrow for the car to get checked out and new gas lines put in; hope that is all, but will do what we have to do to get it in tip-top shape for the trip.

Good idea to plan some nice holidays for the summer; sure does help you get through the long winters. We have some plans to finish our cabin/cottage next spring and want to plan a holiday for next year as well. We have a few other ideas for our camper that involves a lake; but this is just in the early planning stages for now.

My Dad & stepmother just arrived up here yesterday; and plan on continuing out to Manitoba to see our youngest sister & family, then onto Edmonton to the big mall; then on to Calgary to visit SM's brother who lives there; then they will come back here and we will join them for the trip back down south. My Dad caught some flu when he was up here last so he wasn't well over the summer at all (not a great reason to lose weight at his age); we sure hope that he starts feeling a bit better soon.

We may yet go hunting for blueberries since the weather is a bit nicer right now. Take good care; and have a great Friday and weekend ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #63  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Hi ladies,

I am on vacation this week. We didn't go anywhere, I was just planning to stay home and get some things done around the house. Well, I was hit by a nasty cold so haven't felt like doing much. We did go to Calgary on Tuesday for the Michael Buble concert which was awesome. He is such a great entertainer. I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been so stuffed up. I can't believe my week off is almost over already. How come a week at work drags on forever, but a week off flies by in an instant? lol!

Rosebud, where are you going on your holiday?

We have so much smoke in the air today from the forest fires in BC. If it is this bad here it must be just awful in BC. Alberta Health issued an air quality warning and said people with breathing difficulties should stay indoors, and others should avoid strenuous activities outside. Guess I won't be painting the deck!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #64  
Rosebud

JUDY-LYNN ~ we are going down south to just below Tobermory, near Lake Huron; my sister & DH bought a beautiful B & B on Miller's Lake called ... I think of it every time I use that smilie. We are supposed to be going down to Manitoulin Island first; then on the ferry to Tobermory and down to my sister's place. We were in that area on our Honeymoon, which is one of our favorite places in Ontario.

Gee, hope they can get those fires in BC under control. Wow, the smoke has reached to the next province already ... Sure don't need to lose all those trees; and they say there's a shortage already. Better to stay indoors if needs be.

Have a wonderful weekend folks ... Rosebud
Old 08-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

It has cooled down here quite a bit, still sunny though, just not humid. Perfect wedding weather. 7 days to go!

Sorry I haven't been checking in much, I have so much on my mind!
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #66  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Rosebud, I had a look at your sister's website and the B&B looks lovely! I'm sure you will have a relaxing time there.

Stella, only one week to go, no wonder you are busy! Good luck on your special day. I would love to see pictures.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #67  
Gotta run!

Yay, the smoke is mostly gone... let the dogs outside this morning and was actually able to take a deep breath of air. It rained last night so I think that helped a lot, also on the news last night they said another system was moving in and it would blow a lot of the air back to BC. Thankfully this happened before my 5k race today!

Judy - How bad was it where you are? I'm in Edmonton and it was horrible! Couldn't even walk from the house to the car without it stinging my eyes and making my throat sore. I feel bad for the people in BC but at the same time I'm glad the smoke went back there.

I've attached a picture for you guys.. it was really something.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 08-24-2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #68  

Those pictures are unbelievable Aunty Jam, I hope relief comes soon!
Old 08-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #69  
Rosebud

Ya, look at all that smoke in Alberta ... gee, I have relatives in BC; hope they are OK. Sent up some prayers last night for you and for BC & to get those fires under control soon.

STELLA ~ wow, only a week away; next Saturday ... ya, we want pics; we want pics!!!

JUDY-LYNN ~ yes, they have a website; it sure is a nice looking place and my Dad has done a lot of work on the place this summer too. He is on his way out to where you are, so I am glad to hear that the smoke is leaving. He is trying to feel better after fighting off a bad flu he caught so he doesn't need that at all.

We had all day here too; kept it cool, but it is supposed to clear up and be a nice day in the 70's tomorrow. Have a lovely Sunday everyone ... Rosebud
Old 08-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #70  
Gotta run!

Thankfully the smoke has cleared out a lot since then... I managed to run a 5k yesterday in 35 minutes The amazing part is that I didn't even run the whole thing and I still made 35 minutes.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

STELLA...all the best for the weekend!! I am happy and excited for you. And yes...PICTURES PLEASE

I have 2 siblings in southern Alberta and haven't heard anything about the fires. Maybe it hasn't gone that far south yet. They are in the Lethbridge area.

Two more weeks only before the kids go back to school...hopefully it will be easier to get on the weightloss track then.. it's been hard when they are home.
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #72  

Ahhh it was cold today. And rainy. I wore a sweater and jeans.

Butttt, it's supposed to warm up and be very sunny for the weekend. Can't believe I'm getting married on Saturday and off to Cuba on Monday. This week is full of pampering. Today I got my hair cut and dyed, tomorrow I pick up my dress from the seamstress, wednesday is bikini wax, thursday is manicure and pedicure and then friday is set up and rehersal!! WOW

Any tips for holding back the tears a bit during speeches and whatnot? I cry verrrrrry easily.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

Stella...I'm watching for replies cause I'm just like you. I cry during emotional times like weddings
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #74  
Rosebud

STELLA ~ that sounds like so much fun; is there a massage in there somewhere? For anti-stress ... As for the crying, the only thing that came to mind was something I heard once a long time ago ... and that is to IMAGINE EVERYONE IN THEIR BIRTHDAY SUITS ... but don't know if that would be a good thing or not ...

Otherwise, just roll with it; you could "ahem ... cough" OR tell a few short jokes to lighten the mood. How 'bout wedding jokes? Do you know what happened on the way to my wedding jokes? Anybody know any? OR say ... "Oh no, I forgot to put on my knickers or stockings or eyelashes or nails or whatever."

I was so nervous at my brother's wedding (as his witness) that I kept giggling all the way through it becuz he kept stammering over his words and saying things like ... "Holy Mwatwimwony" and such. We were all wondering if he'd been into the sauce -- but he hadn't; he was just that nervous. So, how could we all not just roar? But you know, we all have very happy memories of that wedding. So sometimes, letting things be just as they are -- is really the best thing after all!!!

Anyways, just be sure to have lots of fun and enjoy every single minute of this week, and the wedding, and the honeymoon too; as you are making special memories that will last a lifetime ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-24-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #75  
Rosebud

Hope all our Canadian friends are having a fab Friday evening out there tonight; we have cooler weather here right now and it is very comfortable. Picked a few more green beans yesterday. I may end up with a couple of baskets by the time I am done -- not bad for just a wee section of a west-side garden. Will definitely plant some more next year.

STELLA ~ best wishes for a wonderful day tomorrow ...

Last weekend of August; make it a good one, eh!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-27-2010 at 10:39 PM.