Old 06-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #196  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Trying to figure out what the heck is going on with my body. I am not loosing inches like I wanted to and but my size 16s are fitting so much better. I gotta figure it may be pounds. Maybe the fact that I was on my cycle could attribute to the lack of inches loss this past week. I will have to see because I'm still cycling.

On a happier note, I bought me some shorts for the family reunion that's coming up in two weeks. Short of an all out starvation I'm not sure how close I'll be to that 14. When I first started I just wanted to be in a 16 by the time the family reunion came so I made it. My husband thinks I'm trying to go too fast and I figure that's because I started out loosing it so fast. I guess I will have to adjust my goals and my thoughts about how fast it's gonna come off now...
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

I had such a wonderful weekend. Boot Camp was great on Friday. Next Tuesday will be my first official class woth real participants....uber excited about that. Also I am now officially certified in Infant,Child and Adult CPR/AED/First. Kind of proud to be saying that. I had an awesome 6M run (THAT I DID NOT WANT TO DO) yesterday. Running with my homie...Got a running meetup tonight with PINK Ladies at 7.

Brit you should feel proud

coco_chanell WELCOME BACK Baby! Congrats on the engagement and your exciting career change. You definitely have a full plate

Janelled You have a lot of variety going and that is always great. Keeps you excited and motivated.

Fivestone Congrats on 10's. You will be comfortable in those 8's soon. Just keep up your great work

Slim 2.4 is awesome!!!! I wish that was MY average. lol

energie THX. I have been doing the boot camp about a month but only my girl and I. Just been getting our workouts perfected and in good flow. We will have real recruits July 6th. Yea I feel like crap when it is scheduled and it didn't happen because when my exercise is off so is my food and vice versa

Matilda I am having mostly whole food and grains. No meat really and def no sweets. Lost of leafy veggies though!

Jiggle We were posting at the same time. You are right you are expecting more because you were getting more in the beginning. bUt the more your body gets accustomed to eating right and working out the slower it responds and the harder yyou have to work. Just keep doing what you are doing and just let it happen becasue it WILL believe me

Okay well have a great week ladies

Last edited by CakeBatter; 06-28-2010 at 09:36 AM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #198  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Happy monday ladies! The scale showed 240.6 today! I cant complain because I spent all last week bouncing around because I had gotten down to 239. Ive noticed that since I pay more attention to my weight loss progress that I dont lose like day to day. I lose three to four lbs at a time and then i stall. Its cool with me though I just feel better knowing that now.

Brit- six days is awesome!!!!! keep up the good work.

jiggle- Have you thought about weighing in on a monthly basis? Maybe that would help just to see what is going on with your body. You may be at a point where you are shedding lbs and not so many inches. Your doing great though keep up the good work.

Have a great monday!!!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #199  
I luv my curves

WElcome back coco!!! and congrats on all of your wonderful news.....
Old 06-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #200  
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

got my workout in early this morning before i go to work..feels good to get it out the way and not have to worry later. the scale hasn't been moving..still flip flopping between 170-171 but i could careless..the compliments, comments, body changes, wanted advice and smaller clothing sizes speak louder than any number on the scale can

Last edited by Brit; 06-28-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #201  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi guys,

I started a one month boot camp class this morning. It was pretty good. Hopefully I will see some results at the end of the month. I just want to get rid of this weight - plus I have a shopping trip planned for August :-) . Do you think its too much if i work out twice a day? Morning and evening?

By the way you are all doing well ladies.

Brit - you are an inspiration

Cake batter - Congrats and all the best with your new classes

Matilda - we just have to keep pushing on regardless of what numbers the scale gives us

Jiggle free - i have learnt in this weight game to be patient. Its hard I know, but we have to try. Think about it...we didnt put on the weight overnight so we cant take it off overnight.

Have a good day everyone!
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #202  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

CakeBatter: Thanks for the compliments!

Sim CB: I don't think working out twice a day is too much as long as you take off at least one day to rest. My grandma told me about a lady in her community who has dropped over 40 pounds, and she breaks up her exercise between morning and evening. I think it's even better for your metabolism to do it that way!

Last edited by fivestone; 06-28-2010 at 01:19 PM.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 148/Im not sure yet

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Jeanelld - thanks for that link, I'm going to read it more fully at home tonight.

Cakebatter - Im def going to diet central to read more. I just downloaded an app called Lose it! its supposed to help you count calories, etc.

Ennuiblu - Im ordering Chalean Extreme also, but I'm going to actually start the second week of July because I need to buy some adjustable weights.
girl6nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #204  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Hey ladies, just wanted to come by and say hello. I took 2 weeks off from working out, not intentionally of course, and was shocked that I didnt gain a single pound, I still kept my diet in check so that had to be my saving grace. Im back on track now with my workouts, time to burn some FAT!

Cake and Beaka- Both of you inspire me so much with the running, its something Ive always wanted to do, just didnt think I could because of the weight, maybe Ill look into a small 5k around town

Brit- Youre doing SO good, that weight is just FLYING off you!

Matilda- Keep up the good work with the jogging, I was so scared of jogging when I first started.

Jiggle
- Congrats on the 14s, Im sure the 12s and 10s will soon follow.

Last edited by PurdueGirl98; 06-28-2010 at 11:50 PM.
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:27 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

I have POP and it feels great. Lawd I hope to lose some weight this week. ANyway I will be training all day today so I will check back in later.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #206  
I luv my curves

Brit- you are so right. the scale is just a number we use but way you look and feel is more important! Thanks for those words because its heart felt motivation and sometime we need to look deeper than just the scale, its hard at times though.

Im doing pretty good. I love love the fact that Ive been on the everyday WI on 20 something and the june exercise challenge because Ive been getting a good idea of what and how im doing things. THis month I didnt workout about ten days out the month(more or less) next month I know that has to change. I think in my journey I NEED to workout on saturday. Because the weekends are usually so much harder to stay op.

I was at 240.0 today I have no complaints even though I feel that the scale owes me at least two lbs but like I said Ive noticed that I lose 2-3lbs at a time so a whoosh is around the corner Ive been doing great lately.

You girls have no idea how much chatting with you all do for me.......seriously
Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #207  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

The last 2 days have been blah but I'm back on track today !

I have a question everyone. Lately I've been dealing with a lot of negative people in my life. I haven't been taking any of that bad energy in but I wanted to know other ways with how everyone deals with negative people?

Last edited by energie; 06-29-2010 at 05:02 PM.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #208  
I luv my curves

energie- I personally dont deal with those type of people. Negativity rubs off and next thing you know you will be the same way. Positive feeds off of positive so you need all the positive energy you can get!!!

Im making some great progress been op all the way around the board and it feels great! Check out my mini goal ticker IM ALMOST THERE
Old 06-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #209  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Ladies!!! I'm feeling great toady. I got all my meals for the day and on schedule for a great workout.

Matilda - Gone Girl!!! That is great you busting into the 30's like a champ!!! Keep that train moving and you will see Onederland in no time!!
Energie - When you want to know where you are going check the people you spend time with because you are slowly but surely becoming them. If you don't want to be negative then you need to get rid of those people.
Brit - You look great. I think you are so right. The visual appearance and knowing how healthy you are becoming will always speak louder than the scale. Keep up the great work.
Cake - Thanks for the words of encouragement. I needed them and I carry them with me in my mind so I don't get discouraged. I like the me I'm becoming and I will keep going. I'm looking forward to seeing myself at a size 10 but I won't see it if I give up.
Prudue - Are you back on track with your workouts? I'm bout to start doubling up again because I feel better the more I workout.
Girl6 - I have the loseit app on my iPod Touch and LOVE IT!!

I'm bout to get back on the grind we are closing out the fiscal year and it is bananas!! WORK Hard Ladies...We are going to reach our goals and in GRAND STYLE!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 AM   #210  
I luv my curves

Good morning ladies!!!!!! Im in my glory today the scale showed 236.4 wooohooo the hard work is paying off. Im trying to hang in there. I should be at my mini goal is no time as long as I stay op. Ahhhhhh this is starting to feel so good!