Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 06:47 AM   #1  
fatter than U

Unhappy Thinking of you COWS today

A big for all my US cow pals today.( And of course for Bagzie!) Keep seeing those human interest stories on CNN like the 63 little babies who never got to see their dads. *sniff*
How depressing.

Cherry, thank you so much for the beautiful postcard! You are sweet. And you have the most perfect handwriting.

Sugar P

Last edited by SugP; 09-11-2002 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:06 PM   #2  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

I am going to try this again. I havn't been able to post last few days. Compuserve is a pain in my butt. I am getting over Strep and wasn't told that I had it 2 1/2 months ago. Mmmmm could be why I was sick all summer? I have been reading post and tried to post a few times but wasn't allowed. I am so sorry for all the sadness surrounding this group lately. Love and hugs to you all, Daphne
Old 09-11-2002, 03:26 PM   #3  
fatter than U

Hi Daphne! Nice to hear from you again. Maybe your not being able to post has something to do with the server move? I dunno.

Strep is such a bummer. I had it once, thought it was gone and got it again about a month later. My doc said sometimes kids are carriers and just pass it on without getting sick themselves. He said it's good to get the whole family tested.

Yes, this has been a sad couple of weeks. Hope things start looking up soon.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:43 PM   #4  

No wonder you're name is Sugar! you're so sweet

Daphne, sorry to hear you and your 'puter have both been sick lately.

Well, I'm going to go get happy tomorrow. 2 of my guys here and their spouses and I are all leaving for rodeo land tommorrow at 1 o'clock. Yeeeee-haw!!! If only my jeans weren't so painful.

158 (still the same)
Old 09-11-2002, 11:29 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey kids -- Just a quick post here -- Have a great time at the rodeo, Wabbit. Lordy, take some comfortable clothes, girl! Thanks for the kind words, Sugar, today was sure melancholy, especially if you turned on the TV. This morning I was sitting there watching the morning shows, tearing up every 5 minutes. I decided to take a nap instead :hypno2: Then I went to the local commemoration ceremony, really only because DD was playing in the band and singing in the chorus. They did a beautiful job, especially the band playing the national anthem. The rest of the program cured my teariness in good shape -- it was the most boring thing I've ever sat through I think. A bunch of what passes for dignitaries in our town doing a series of speeches, each almost the same as the last. Some of the elected officials could barely speak coherently (and not from being choked up; they were just unlistenable). yeccch. Then as the high school chorus neared the end of God Bless America, the very grey sky finally opened up and rained. A fitting ending to a trying experience.

By the way, I wore my bright red America shirt with the little flag on it. Just a fashion note, y'know.

Hi brat hope you're feeling better and Cherry and all.

Kiwi
Old 09-12-2002, 12:13 AM   #6  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi there! Daphne, I had strep a few years ago for the first time. I felt like I had been hit by truck.

I don't have much to say. I'm tired. I have Friday off. I can't wait.
Old 09-12-2002, 05:58 AM   #7  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I remembeer that last year at this time all the networks were digging out comedies to put on the air just to try to cheer everybody up. The last few days has been round the clock remembrance of sadness and promotion of fear. I'm really tired of it. We need the 3 Stooges! I need the other two anyway.

I wonder what instrument Kiwiette plays in the band. I haven't heard about this.

Bye everyone. It's only 5:02. I don't have to get up for 38 minutes.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:43 AM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hello cows,we had a big wind and rain from Gustav and now all my GORGEOUS ten foot high sunflowers are sagging on the ground---WHO sent that mess up the coast????{peachbat}----my sister is holding up well,work and her three kids keep her so busy it's hard to find time to think---all the sept.11 stuff about dads and their kids really hit home for me---it just made me think of george and what his children will be missing out on----i agree peachers---bring on the laughs!!!Thank you Cherry for your sweet card,and all of you again for your continued good thoughts and wishes-----the fact that funeral food makes you very fat has just made itself apparent in my double apron gut i have sprouted
Old 09-12-2002, 01:36 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Curly

Larry

Mo

Anyone know a good joke?

Peachy, how is that (mostly) darling, (usually) fabulous man of yours? He is still yours, isn't he?
Old 09-12-2002, 04:38 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default You Know You're Trailer Trash When

1.---The Halloween pumpkin on your porch has more teeth than
your spouse.

2.---You let your twelve-year-old daughter smoke at the dinner
table in front of her kids.

3.---You're been married three times and still have the same
in-laws.

4.---You think a woman who is "out-of-your-league" bowls on a
different night.

5.---Jack Daniels makes your list of "most admired people."

6.---You wonder how service stations keep their restrooms so
clean.

7.---Anyone in your family ever died right after saying: "Hey,
watch this."

8.---You think Dom Perignon is a Mafia leader.

9.---Your junior prom had a daycare.

10.---Your wife's hairdo was once ruined by a ceiling fan.

11.---You think the last words of the Star Spangled Banner are:
"Gentlemen, start your engines."

12.---You lit a match in the bathroom and your house exploded
right off its wheels.

13.---The bluebook value of your truck goes up and down, depending
on how much gas is in it.

14.---You have to go outside to get something from the fridge.

15.---One of your kids was born on a pool table.

16.---You need one more hole punched in your cards to get a freebie
at the House of Tattoos.

17.---You can't get married to your sweetheart because there's a
law against it.

18.---You think "loaded dishwasher" means your wife is drunk.

19.---Your toilet paper has page numbers on it.

20.---Your front porch collapses and kills more than five dogs.

Kiwi
Old 09-13-2002, 02:27 AM   #11  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh Kiwi thanks for the great laughs. We all needed it.I hope everyone has a nice night. I am off to Seattle tomorrow for Megans Dentist appointment.
TTFN Daphne
Old 09-13-2002, 04:54 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Default have a weekend

That's the best I can do for cheery greetings.

WARNING: BIG DOWNER

My life is so depressing. This afternoon I took a nap and woke up to a gross smell, to find that the dog had peed right in the middle of the living room floor. Mind you, she is very lame and has to be coaxed outside 3x a day, so it's really my fault, but YUK!

I just can't believe my beautiful doggie has gone downhill so fast. I don't know whether she's really on her last legs (bad pun) or whether this will get better, but it so depressing. Yesterday when I tried to get her up, she didn't want to put any weight on one of her back feet--it's the front one that's lame. I think she just slept on it wrong, but all I could think of is what would happen if she couldn't put weight on 2 feet! Then what do I do? It's not like she looks miserable and I ought to have pity on her and put her down--she's eating well and interacting with me, she'd like to run up the driveway to meet the school bus every morning still, but how many things can we adjust to before I just can't handle her any more? She's deaf, blind in one eye, weak in the back legs and trying to get around on 3 legs -- objectively, it doesn't sound so good!

DH is actually going to stay home this weekend. Instead of doing nothing on his boat, I guess he will do nothing on the couch. Personally I think he picked the wrong weekend to stay home -- his lovely wife is not in the best frame of mind...

Aren't you glad you read this diatribe. me

Kiwi
Old 09-13-2002, 05:48 PM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

poor kiwi---even people who are scared of dogs feel bad for you and your baby!!maybe the dh will help you devise a plan for doggie so she can be comfy----it seems there is nothing but bad news lately---i forgot to tell you that the day before george died,his brother's dog [beautiful golden retriever---very sweet] got hit by a truck in front of the rental cottage { on pei}---she went to the vet hospital and luckily {after about twelve hundred dollars and a few days in hosp} she will be okay-----just another part of one hellish vacation----my sister dreamt that her husband was holding her hands and saying 'i am here,can't you feel me--i am here'---needless to say, that had me bawling. Kiwi---i am ordering up some margies for us right now----drink er down babe.
Old 09-14-2002, 11:38 AM   #14  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default I need a hug

DS was supposed to go to a birthday party today. His best friends would be there. So looking forward. Then Tropical Storm Hanna came and I worried and worried and watched the news and looked at the computer and finally told ds to call the friend and explain that he couldn't go because of tornado warnings and a one-hour drive (one way) and 100 percent chance of rain.

He did so and got a little teary. The friend offered to come get him but withdrew the offer. Yesterday, I called the mom to see if they might cancel but she poopooed my concerns and asked if I was afraid to drive in the weather. She kind of laughed.

Herbie is in California because his brother died. No one is here to tell me I did right. It's so hard being a single mom. I feel terrible.
Old 09-14-2002, 12:38 PM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

FOR GAWD"S SAKE!!!! that stupid woman should know better than to laugh at someone who is voicing concern for the safety of children---WHAT a twit!!! OF COURSE YOU MADE THE RIGHT DECISION PEACHBAG!!!!! I WOULD HAVE HAD NO TROUBLE REACHING THE SAME ONE!!! I however have no say in dd18's comings and goings and am not getting to sleep til after two am, most weekends due to the university night life!!!!!! At least your decisions still mean something----poor herbie,his poor brother---POOR all of us---poor kiwi's doggie---lets go to mars.
Closed Thread