Old 04-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #16  
Thin Within

Talking Humpday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Our rain in the forecast yesterday sure didn't amount to much. I totally missed seeing the few drops but Will did when he glanced out the living room window. Then it was all over. I was in that very room and didn't look out the window at that very moment so I missed the rain. I used to love it when I was a kid growing up in CA for when it rained sometimes the sun was shining and we called it liquid sunshine. In a few when I get off of here I am going to put some eggs into my little appliance that boils them to a perfection. I am having a boiled egg and fruit for my first meal of the day. There are two beautiful CA naval oranges sitting on my counter and one is calling my name. Makes my mouth water to think about it. Yesterday I was not feeling exact. I don't know what it was and didn't have a clue what it was but I just didn't feel sharp and had the blahs. I woke up this morning and that was all gone and I feel great and have gotten actually some ambition.

DONNA FAYE That is good that Jack's problem doesn't stem from his back. However, his poor knee. Hopefully now this appointment they have given him to get it worked on will stick. Enough already of this off and on again stuff. It is chilly here this morning also and due to get in the high didgets. I think it is a good idea for you to wait to get the dryer you really want. It always pays to buy the best you can.

Have a wonderful day Magnolias. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 04-21-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, NO wind, and it's a beautiful day in my neighborhood! I went to the hospital auxiliary's volunteer brunch this morning. Amanda's mom went with me and then we met Amanda's sister for lunch; I drank a diet Coke which had no taste whatsoever. We sat and visited for over an hour afterwards, and now I am feeling really lazy! There's lots I could do, but . . . . . there is always tomorrow.

Maggie -- I hope you have good luck with your new grass project. We have an area that is too shaded and the blades of grass are few and far between. Bob has talked about cutting a tree down, mainly because the branches rub on the roof when it is very windy. That also would allow more light on the grassless part. I hate the "blah" feeling, and can never figure out the why or what of it. I'm glad it isn't every day and so glad you are back to normal today!

"Gma" -- The email address is old, old, old! I sent you an email with my current one. I'm glad Jack has a surgery date; I feel his pain and can't imagine trying to work in spite of it. I remember the laundromat days from when we were first married. I know how much you will enjoy getting the dryer you want.

Susan -- Hope you are having a good day today!

May you all enjoy a nice day in your corners of the world! I'm going to change clothes and relax with the newspaper!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 04-21-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #18  

Good evening, ladies! Rain today and in the 50s.

I had my appointment with the drug trial this morning, then did some housework, and I have quilting bee tonight.

Faye, those worker's comp docs are a farce. They should have put Jack's leg in a brace and kept him off his feet until the surgery. Having to work on it could be making it worse. Maytag makes great products, that's for sure. I'm sure the wait for your new dryer will be worth it.

Maggie, a nice big navel orange sounds really good about now. I often have eggs for breakfast. They keep me feeling full longer than cereal.

Jean, the pine trees drop so many needles and shade the backyard with is on the north side to begin with that I have almost no grass back there. Scott tries but it just doesn't take.

Have a good evening!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #19  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's another beautiful morning in my neighborhood, but soon to change according to the weatherman on TV this morning. I have WW and then a couple of errands to run; Bob will be farming this afternoon so the "busier than usual" time has begun.

Susan -- It sounds like you had a busy Wednesday! What's on the agenda for today? I hope the sun is shining on you and the rain has moved on.

I'm off to do some ironing and drop a note to my "mom." I hope you all have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #20  

Hello all! Well, I had what everyone talked about, eggs, a slice of bread and a navel orange. My orange was a bit blah with not much taste. I had one yesterday and it was delicious so it is just a fact of life I guess.

Maggie: We could sure use a good downpour to wash off all the sap. Everything is sticky and icky. It is like corn syrup is all over everything! I remember when I was in high school I had a friend whose dad ran a maple syrup farm. We had a slumber party at her house and got to go and collect syrup from the trees, take it back to the boiling area. They put eggs in boiling syrup and they came out really sweet. Not really my taste, but not too bad either. It was a fun thing but you had to tramp through a lot of snow pulling a big sled.

Susan: I know! The workmen's comp takes all power away from the doctor's. They are given strict orders and guidelines about what they can and cannot do and letting someone sit at home is not something they get to do for a patient. Jack will spend a week at home after the surgery, but I am hoping the doctor will extend it an extra week then put him on light duty for a couple weeks more at least. This city is super cheap and it is no shock they want their workers at work even if they can't work.

Jean: Glad you got the recipe. When Jack reloaded windows it just gave me the original address book and there are several addresses that aren't valid.

I am trying hard to stay on WW now and get this weight off. I only did okay yesterday not terrific, but the extra points were all things that weren't bad for me ie fast food or anything like that. I hope today is better. It is a matter of desugering myself for one thing. I am not a binger or stress eater or emotional eater, but I get really hungry after about 1 pm. I continue to work on my menu to tweak it to try and figure out the best way to keep my from getting hungry. I will get it, it just takes time.

You gals have a great Thursday. I am going to get out of here and get a bit of work done this morning. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #21  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Thrusday

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is raining. We had one of those big thunder and lightening events that we get here in the Heartland last night. Loud claps of thunder which made ole Ragg Mopp cuddle up as close as he could get. It is softly raining here as I type. We just had lunch and Will is off to his volunteer job for the afternoon. I had half a sandwich and a can of that Progresso WW approved soup which is a whopping 2 points for the whole can. Filling and tasty also. I have another of those wonderful oranges waiting for me to have this afternoon. When this soda I am sucking on is gone.

DONNA FAYE I am not a binger or stress eater either. Just have eaten too much of the good food and someof the not so good for me food. Have you tried the method of eating several small meals during the day? Oh my goodness I can't imagine eating eggs with syrup on them. I don't like my eggs getting in it when I am having pancakes and an egg. How neat you got to participate in the maple syrup gathering. I always thought how neat it was that they tapped the trees.

JEAN Bob's favorite thing ~ out doing tractor work. Trimming back that tree just might give you enough sunlight to have that grass grow. I am sad that we don't have any real large trees in this yard. The apple tree sits close to the fence and we did plant a weeping willow out front which did survive the winter and will grow to be a nice tree. I don't know if we will still be here when that happens but someone will enjoy it being out there.

SUSAN Yep a good protein like an egg will surely stay with you longer than cereal will. I hardly ever eat cereal. Will eats it in the evening. I make protein packed smoothies as a breakfast on hot days and refreshment in the afternoons. I love using that Slim Fast protein drink powder in smoothies. I use the vanilla. I also add Benefiber to them so they have a good dose of fiber also which makes them a powerful good drink.

All y'all have a wonderful afternoon. Type at you later.

Last edited by Maggie; 04-22-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote