3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back in Kindergarten #88 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/199611-back-kindergarten-88-a.html)

suetalks 04-25-2010 04:07 PM

Lazy, dreary day here...I couldn't get into this site for three hours. I know it is going to be down for repairs, but not today! Anyway, it finally let me in....I thought I was knocking on the wrong doors or something. Ha..

And all that work just to get here, with nothing to say. Hope you all are having a good day.

FrouFrou 04-27-2010 06:26 PM

Hello all...

Geez, never have enough time in the day when baby is here. Then get on the computer and am rushed because it is usually past time to cook dinner, ugh...anyway, I am here but nothing to say, lol.

WI was Monday and I am down a pound...I'll take it of course.

Hoping all is well with everyone :wave:

saksn4 04-27-2010 07:57 PM

Seems everyone is busy lately! I haven't seen too many updates on a variety of forums! I know I certainly have been busy. Between my school and my girls school and their bands we have a state contest (we are the host school for the contest), 2 band concerts, band tryouts for next year, and a band trip all within the next 3 weeks!:dizzy: I also have to plan for my own classes field trip and graduation coming up in May! I will be glad when summer is here!
I did get some flowers for my planters, but it has been too cold at night to plant yet. So the poor flowers are still in containers and in garage at night! What happened to the warm weather? Just a few weeks ago we hit record temps, now it is very cool~jacket weather!
I have been keeping up with my eating plan and walking 3 times per week (with my DH). I did loose 2 lbs this week! :D
Hope everyone is doing well!

Sassy_Chick 04-27-2010 09:18 PM

MIA + I got the Blues..........

Hello All.

I have been mia and just haven't wanted to come in and say I lost my new job, (they let go of the temps) AND I dropped out of school. So yes I am a big LOSER. I dropped out of school because it was too much and my husband asked some coworkers who do what I want to do and they stated that my school was a joke and that I only needed to take one class to get the job I want. So I dropped because I didn't want to go anyways and didn't want to waste money on something that is not going to get me where I want to be.
So enough said.

Also had an appt with a new infertility dr today and basically was told that I need to get my diabetes in control before he'll treat me. So basically I'm a big fat cow :moo: who needs to lose more weight. I thought this was nothing new, I've heard it a MILLION times that "If you lose weight everything will be just fine and dandy." and I'm so SICK of hearing it. But guess I just need to get my BIG REAR in gear and just DO it once and for all! lol.

Thanks for listening.

Big :hug:

Mom2Gaby 04-28-2010 07:46 PM

I would give anything to lose a pound Cristina. lol

Sassy- hey!! You are NOT a loser and you are NOT a big fat cow!! We love you. Sorry the school & job didn't pan out but something will.

saksn4-congrats on the 2 pounds, sorry we aren't as chatty as we have been, I guess everyone is busy,busy.

and with that I have to go...lol. I went shopping @ Ross and bought some cute shirts and a summery dress for Hawaii. I fixed cod & veggies for dinner. WI was 160, ugh. If I could be 155 for Hawaii I would be happy. Please God!!

anyway, chat more later :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Sassy_Chick 04-28-2010 08:21 PM

Hi Ya Gurls. :wave:

Suzy Q - Thanks hon. :hug: I was SO down yesterday. I feel so lost. Like I don't know which way to go. :shrug: I know there is a reason for everything, but I just need to find mine. I wish I was a millionaire I'd take a vacation or a cruise or something maybe "Boost" my spirits. Heck if I were a millionaire I'd book a cruise for all my B2K ladies here! Think of the time we'd have together! :D You'll have to take lots of pictures in Hawaii then maybe I can pretend that I've been there! HA!

As for my lunch I was not a good girl. :( I stopped at Mickey D's and got a fish sandwich value meal. :( It was my fault I didn't plan out the day and we haven't been to the store yet. So I figure one meal is not gonna kill me but I can't do it everyday. I just gotta get back up and start again. ;)

Also I am so unsure of myself. I dunno if I even want kids. I know that is shocking coming from me, me who has always wanted to be a Mommy. But I dunno if I can do it? I've been babysitting for my best friend, just helping her out until she finds a new sitter and her little one is 2 yrs old. I've known her kid for almost all her life and I just don't think I'd be a good mommy. My mom always told me that "its different with your own child." Is that true?????
I don't have the patience and I dunno its weird I feel like I'm just going through the motions. Like I feel like there is a wall up or something and people can see me, talk to me, but thats it. No "feeling" really. Is that weird??????? Dang do I need to check myself into the "Funny Farm"??? lol. No offense to anybody who's ever been there mind u. Just I always think of that song from the 60's or 70's I think that my mom used to play. "There coming to take me away hee hee. There coming to take me away ha ha. To the funny farm......" Anybody know what I'm talking about??? lol

Anywho, I hope you all are doing well!

saksn4 04-28-2010 09:07 PM

Sassy Chick-I remember that song! I believe it was on an old K-tel album. That does bring back some memories! As far as the baby thing, it is different when it is your own. You develop a bond that you never new existed. At least that is how it is for me. I have 2 daughters, and wanted more, but due to medical issues on my part, there are no more:(. So I like to think of my kdg students as part of my own! When I was little I told my mom I wanted 10 kids; if I did not have medical issues I would definetly have more than 2. I do feel very blessed to have my daughters!:hug:

Sassy_Chick 04-28-2010 09:38 PM

saksn4 -- Yeah sure does bring back memories! lol. Thanks for sharing. I do want that bond and I guess I just want to be a wonderful mommy, which I think everybody does. I would settle for one child, but I know that it has to be tough to want to blessed with more children and not be able to have them. So big :hug: We are hoping to have twins and be done all in one! HA! But thank you so much for sharing your experience, I truly do appreciate it and you are very blessed to have your kdg students I am sure they think the world of you! :love:

suetalks 04-29-2010 10:30 AM

Quick "hello" this morning. I am taking a break from my supposed housework....still have to run the sweeper and dust. Ugh... I would rather wash windows every day than dust. :)
Mom is doing okay for now..has her injection on the 17th, so if she can keep the pain at bay that much longer. (darn Dr. didn't need a vacation right now did he?) We did get new meds. for her nausea and have our fingers crossed that we can manage that. It seems that it is all just a big juggling act with her meds. Certain ones make her nauseated, but she has to have them. If we get rid of the pain with the injection she can ditch the pain meds. which are the worst.
My life is boring and mundane otherwise. Just trying to get things done and stay sane.
It is finally going to be warm again, so we can get outdoors for yardwork and fun. I bought a new birdbath this week and have the back bird feeding area looking pretty good. DH got my fountain put out and it looks nice. Now to buy some annuals to decorate a bit. My hostas are HUGE this year. Finally! yay..

Okay, back to work. Gotta be done to shower before lunch. We are going out.

Mom2Gaby 04-29-2010 01:35 PM

:wave: Morning to sakna,Sassy & Sue

and to everyone else :wave: that needs to come in and post. hehe :wave:

Weight seems frustrating to me. I did manage (somehow) to WI 158.6 this morning, soooooo close to 155. Please God. :angel:

Ate cod w/ veggies last night and oatmeal this morning. Ate 2 slices of burnt bacon.......and there was no guilt, dang it tasted yummy.

Sassy - I'm not sure about the parnt thing. I always wanted a little girl, ended up w/ 3. ha. I do think I am a better w/ Gaby, seem to have more patience. You're still young :) And I hope to buy a coolpix4000, it is on sale for 149 down from 199, thought "how could I not??" so I am. lol I also ordered some Calvin Klein glasses,should get those next week. And ya.....now I need my additional refund otherwise I am up the creek w/ all this spending, should get by the 10th. Please God.........at least I have the ticket.lol

pfft,anyway, 4 days straight at work, what a bother. I just want to sleep.

:wave: to Francie, Cristina, Katy, Jules, Kathy, and Mindee!!!

Mom2Gaby 04-29-2010 01:53 PM

:celebrate::celebrate:Happy Birthday Francie!:celebrate::celebrate:

Sassy_Chick 04-29-2010 04:56 PM

First off http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...z29uksi0yq.gif Francie!

Sue -- New meds always are a coin toss on if they will work or not. My dr just put me on new meds to start my period because I haven't had one in I don't know how long! So yippee Can't wait for that! NOT! lol. Then he upped my diabetes meds hoping that will help lower my blood sugars more. So I sympathize with your mom, I hope the new meds work and hope she can last until the 17th, I know how pain is! I hate cleaning. I can't really do it anymore until the weekend when DH is off cuz he sleeps during the day and I sleep at night.

Suzy Q -- Thanks. I think it was kinda information overload. It was a lot to process + everybodys opinions. But the only ones that count is my husband and mine. I know I want a child, I always have, boy or girl, doesn't matter to me! ;) Thank You for telling me I'm young. Even my dr said I am fine in the age dept, I mean yeah it can increase risks a little bit, but so can my weight, which I want to change. I have a Cool Pix Camera I dunno which one, but I've had it a while, its fine, but I think its time for an upgrade its getting slower, kinda like me in age. HA! But its been a great camera! I need to get new eyeglasses and I think I wanna get contacts too eventually.

Well DH and I began walking this morning. We walked around the block, its something to start with. My legs were killing me by the time we were done and my heart rate was up, so that is what matters. ;) I ate eggs, turkey sausage and 1 piece of Whole Wheat Toast for breakfast. I am hungry now and dunno what to eat........blah. My best friend, who used to be a personal trainer told me to not even eat Whole Wheat Bread. She said no bread period. What do u all think? I read the label on my bread and it is Whole Wheat, it has Whole Wheat as the 1st ingredient? I dunno. Then she said no diet pop? WHAT?! I am like WHOA one thing at a time and my dr never said nothing about giving up diet pop! It may not be great for me, but I am NOT an Iced Tea drinker and do not like Crystal Lite either. So what else is there? Water? Yeah I drink water, but sometimes I want something besides that! What are your opinions/comments???

I went out today turned in applications at Dollar Store and Speedway. The lady at Speedway looked about as thrilled as a dog without a bone! But I know some people are like that. People have that opinion of me when they first meet me because I'm definitely not a "Cheery Bubbly Smiley" person. But she said she'd turn it in to the manager. Whatever. :p Went to the Public Library and she goes, "Look online for where branches are hiring" kinda snotty. Well I should have said, "Um I did that and your website SUCKS so tell me where to apply." LMAO. But I didn't. lol. Anywho, have a great evening all!

FrouFrou 04-30-2010 01:41 AM

Hello all...

Anne...WTG on the 2 pounds!

Susan...getting ready for Hawaii are ya? I know you are gonna have a GREAT time! And yes...take lots of pictures! Please :)

Sassy...lots of hugs to you lady :hug: I forgot how hard it was having a little one around. Of course Lily is a LOT different from when mine were small. She a fuss pot some days and loves to be held so makes it hard for me to get much done. And some days I DON'T have the patience but then I think she's just a baby so...but DD said she will NEVER have kids, lol! After having Lily around and all that goes into her she said she just wouldn't have the patience for one...but she does love Lily to death, we all do. But then again she can walk away from her, lol. Anyway...you'll get it all figured out, you are young and have plenty of time. Sorry about the job and school and like Susan said...you are not a loser or a fat cow! :hug:

Sue...darn doctors! Yeah, my life is mundane as well...same old stuff different day.

Francie...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you missy! Hope your day was fun!

HI to everyone else! :wave:

As I said...same old, same old. Picked up Lily, went to the mall and walked, bought groceries, watched and played with Lily all day then got ready to go see Lisa Lampanelli...such a raunchy gal she is and I LOVE her...so freaking funny! My eyes were raw from laughing so hard till I cried! And now it's late and I am tired. Tomorrow...same old schedule. Supposed to get some storms tonight but so far nothing but this darn wind.

Take care ladies...until next time :wave:

Mom2Gaby 04-30-2010 12:19 PM

Good Morning-

Sassy- you're young, I didn't even have Gab til I was 38/39...see so old I don't even remember. Don't even remember how I got pregnant. haha You'll figure it out. :) pfft, you can eat bread. I love carbs. lol

Cristina - Good for you for going out and having some fun! I would love to have Lily for a day, bet she is a kick to have around. I'll get the pictures for you. Hope to spend 2 nights on the Kona side, I look forward to that.

I better get ready for work. I hate it, soooooo boring. And my check this pay period is going to suck because I didn't work any extra days. Went home last night and ate 1/2 a beef sandwich,really good w/ a glass of wine. lol Turning into a wino....but it took all the pain away. haha.

anywoo......love you all :hug::hug:

Sassy_Chick 04-30-2010 04:29 PM

Hi Chicks!

Hi Ya Chicks!

Well DH and I did our walk this morning 1st thing after I got up. Walked 1 mile, that is what the dr wants me to do everyday...:rolleyes: My Leg was killing me again when I came home but once I sat down, I was glad I did the walk. We are going to get the treadmill tomorrow from the in-laws so that I can walk anytime, any weather and also can pop off for a second if I have too. But its nice walking outside with DH. Just me and him. :love:

He made me breakfast. He made eggs, bacon and 1 potato for the both of us. He belongs to a chefs forum and one chef on there who is a Diabetic told him how to make potatoes so they have very little starch in them. He soaked it like 3 times until the water was clear, then par boiled it and then cut it up real small so that it was enough for two! So I took my blood sugar before eating and it was 135 (normal is 70-110) then I about 45 minutes after I ate I took it again and it was only 139! So it did NOT spike up! It went up a little, but that is expected after you eat. So I'm pretty stoked. Not that I plan on eating potatoes everyday or nothing, but if DH prepares them this way then every once in a while I can have them! YAY!

Also while reading before going to bed lastnight in my 3FC's book, was reading about The Zone Diet and I think that is the plan for me. Because it sounds EXACTLY what my dr told me. Said "The key is to not have your insulin too high or too low, to be in the "Zone" and that is where you are the healthiest." ;) So I think I'm gonna get a book just so I have something to reference too. I think the Zone focuses more on lean meats and the good carbs which I think is what my dr wants me to do as well. I am loving the 3FC's book. It is really is interesting. They talk about all the diet plans and their pros and cons and expenses. LOVE IT! Great Job CHICKS! :chicken:

Cristina -- Thanks. Yeah a toddler is a lot to keep up with but the puppy (they have a puppy who gets into EVERYTHING) makes it even harder! HA! Yeah I think that some days I just wanna pull my hair out with all the CHAOS at her house, but I know it will be different when its my own child and even my own dog (if and when we ever get either). Thanks I feel a lot better now. I think I just had to get my feelings out and I did.

Suzy Q -- Yeah I know its not that old, but I feel OLD. Esp next too my 25 year old best friend who already has a 2 yr old. But I know that me at 25 maybe I would have been ready to have a child, but a lot of things happened after that that I don't think would have been great for a child. So who knows. They all say everything happens for a reason. So lets hope this is the time for me. ;) Yeah I love bread too and Pasta. lol. But they do have whole-grain pasta. ;) I think the important thing is portion size. :)

Thanks All! Have a Wonderful Evening!