Old 04-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #16  

Good Evening, Flowers! My "plan for the day" was interrupted this morning when my sister called and wanted to come to town. Her hubby was gone for the weekend to play in a pool tournament. She is a quilter and saw an ad that the local quilt shop was having a sale. She wanted to go out for lunch, so I suggested a late lunch because of the baby shower. I hurried around here and picked up my piles and cleared off the kitchen counter again. I put in an appearance at the baby shower; no one from church was there so made my excuses w/o eating and left. It ended up she didn't even come in the house; Bob was out working in the yard and we stood out there to visit with him for a few minutes. We had a nice visit and a nice lunch by the lake, then went to a little quilt shop in a nearby town. That lady is a client of Bob's and he suggested going there -- even called to make sure she was open. Late this afternoon, after Connie left, I started laundry and we went to shop for new finch feeders. The squirrels had chewed holes in the old one; the new ones have metal surrounding the holes so hope the squirrels will leave them alone. Bob grilled hamburgers for supper and I fell asleep in front of the TV. I have to be at church by 7:30 for practice and we have to serve coffee between services. It sounds like everyone has had a busy day today. It was sunny and cool here today but no wind for a nice change.

"Gma" -- I'm so glad you are feeling better today! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that Jack is ok'd for the surgery on his knee. I'm sure the pain is not fun on a daily basis and if he's tried everything else, then I would think surgery would be the next likely step.

Maggie -- I have no idea what the problem is with my email. My spam (you weren't there either) and trash folders are empty and the current messages number around 35 which isn't alot. Your address was the one giving me fits on my last email program. I haven't found any blocked addresses so don't know what to do next. I'm glad your butcher is drumming up some more glass business for you!

Have a relaxing Sunday and enjoy the day!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 04-10-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:57 AM   #17  

Good morning to you all! I hope your day has started out well.

I am finally on the mend and feeling loads better. Sheesh I just get past one thing then something else pops up. I hope with the d and c that it will clear up that problem and maybe I can now concentrate wholly and fully on getting all this weight off. I have to admit, it hasn't been a priority. It is one of those things that really have to take the front seat and with everything else going on, it has been in the trunk, literally and figuratively....

Jean: Sounds like you had a nice visit with your sister and a nice lunch. Good luck with your performance this morning. How is Bob doing with his problem? Has it quit bothering him? I swear I think our noodle headed squirrel would eat steel if it were in the back yard. He chews on everything. He put a huge hole in the lid of my trash can awhile back. I refuse to buy a new one because except for the whole there is nothing wrong with it and those huge wheeling style trash cans aren't cheap. Personally, I think the condo association ought to pay for them, they don't do anything else for us!

Maggie: Cool, more glass business. How nice of your butcher to do that for you. Since they are now available in stores, I am thinking of getting some of those full bars to try and see if they will help with appetite. They are supposedly developed by a weight loss surgeon. I think that is my main problem is that I can get ravenously hungry when I am dieting. Anyway, I think I may try them. They have a lot of fiber, which would be good for my colon issues so they can't be bad for me.

I better scoot gals. I am taking the big king sized comforter to the laundromat and get it washed this morning. I have to pay $50 for the dry cleaners to launder it and it will cost under $9 to do it myself and it needs it badly. Have a great Sunday all. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #18  

Good afternoon, ladies! What a beautiful Sunday!

I went to early church and now I'm working on getting my house back together. You know how it is, do one thing and then everything else looks shabby so you have to keep on going.

Faye, remember when I had the torn meniscus and had the hip to ankle brace and crutches for 6 weeks. My knee is fine now. The surgery is only 50% effective so I elected not to have it until we tried everything else. For sure Jack's surgery will be approved since he's already tried everything. I know he will just be happy to get relief at last. The trees are pretty much leafed out now but Dr. says the pollen is still in the air even when you no longer see it and it will be over around mother's day.

Jean, it's frustrating when you only have problems with one email address. I saw a black snake in the back yard late yesterday afternoon. He was about 3 feet long and I can tell you I wasn't going out to introduce myself. I'll go to the feed store tomorrow and get sulphur to put around the yard. Snakes don't like it and stay away.

Maggie, sounds like you might be going into the glass business soon. You never know what doing something nice for someone might lead to.

Well, my break is over so back to work. Have a great day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #19  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! We spent the entire morning at church; left at 7:15 to practice, served coffee between services, then hung around for a baked potato lunch to subsidize the senior scholarship fund. The best part was not having to clean up the kitchen because the potato crew was there getting their food ready. Now the washer is doing it's job and I feel like a nap!

"Gma" -- I'm glad you are on the mend! Bob's shoulder is doing fine; his doctor appt. is Tue. so it will be interesting to see what he has to say. I know they sometimes will recommend exercises or physical therapy, so we are hoping to try that instead of surgery. There is a "health" bar I bought at WM called Zone. A gal was eating one on the plane and it smelled so good -- raspberry yogurt. I think the pts. are 5, but they are filling.

Susan -- Enjoy your "put back together, freshly painted house!" Black snakes around here are called bull snakes and they are BIG! I shudder to even think about snakes in the yard this summer. Bob claims he never saw any last summer but the neighbor still has his woodpile. He did move it so it doesn't sit in the sun all day; maybe the snakes found a better place to live.

I need to check on laundry and read the papers. I'm really thinking about a nap! Have a nice "rest of the day!"

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 04-11-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #20  

Good morning to you all! Looks like another gorgeous day here today, but I have lots of cleaning to get done so the house is clean for me to go tomorrow. I imagine I won't feel much like cleaning house for a few days anyway once this is all over with.

Jean: Years and years ago when I lived with Jack's parents when Jay was a baby and he was on his first cruise, a bull snake got into the house (they lived in the desert in NM.) My mil was next door and I panicked not knowing what kind of snake it was. I grabbed up the baby and their stupid poodle and ran out to my car. My mil thought I was nuts, but heck what did I know? My fil said bull snakes were one snake that mated for life and always were in pairs so we had to hunt up the other one, which was under the washer, UGH! Luckily, I wasn't the one to have to get them outdoors again. I am not snake phobic, but these things look like boa constrictors to me! Glad Bob's shoulder is doing better.

Susan: The problem with an OJI surgery is they shove you back to work wayyyy too early. Jack says they allow you to stay home about 2 days then you have to go back to work even if all you do is sit around at a desk. He said there have been two guys at work with leg/knee injuries and both of them had to go back to work right away. It is stupid, but that is workmen's comp for you.

I guess I had better go and get some breakfast then get to work so I can get it all done. Have a great start to your week! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #21  

Good Morning, Flowers! We got up to thunder and lightning this morning. The storm rolled through and it hailed on the other side of town. We just got the rain here. Bob just called to see if our back yard was a lake and he needed to come home to put the sump pump back outside. It's getting lighter here so maybe the storm is moving on. I have the "usual" Monday chores to do. Since the sun isn't shining the dust isn't showing!

"Gma" -- My friend from Bob's hometown used to coffee with a gal who lived on a farm and had bull snakes hanging from the basement rafters! Every once in awhile one would get upstairs; when Kathy found that out she quit going there! I could never move into a house knowing there were snakes living there too! I know they are good for taking care of rats and mice on the farm, but I'll stick with cats to do the job.

April is almost half over . . . Thursday is tax day. I wish I could tell the government how to spend my money! In the paper today there was an article about how too much money is being spent on special ed.

I need to get busy and get the laundry finished. I hope you all have a great day today!

Jean -- from Iowa!