Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 05:35 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb#32 The end of summer!

Hey all my gosh we were up to 4 pages!

Pam I neglected to congrats you on teh weight loss!! As well as teh new "children"

We looked at "the house" again last night. We found out that a couple ahead of us have first dibs until 10/01. UGH!!!!!!!!!But that the price is within our range. Still looking elswhere. Have few places that would be OK that are still on teh market. They just have more downs.
I seem for the moment more focused.
Family stuff is bothering me this week. We are having a 65th birethday party this saturday for dad. And if things could go wrong they will!

Last edited by 1fralick; 08-27-2002 at 06:28 AM.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:21 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

missed this thread starting. I am sorry that the ohter couple has first dibbs. UGH we can pray they they have some finanacial problems that get them out of the running.

well it is off to exercise for me so i will not be too late. love to all.
Old 08-23-2002, 05:06 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Good morning all
Well another week off the calender.
The birthday party is tomorrow. ANd my head is so boggled I could scream.
I am strating a new position at work after my vacation. The stress just keeps on giving!!
How is everyone else doing?
Pam I hope your back is better. Your homemade sause sounded terrif!
Sue how goes work? Was it teh right move for you?
Lee miss ys girl
Melody, you still hanging in?
Terri , howgoes it with you?
Old 08-23-2002, 08:19 AM   #4  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello chickees...

I wish I was my normal upbeat self this morning, but I am not. I am taking my zoloft, but I continually find myself down in the dumps more and more. For the first week after the "incident" I was okay, but now I am not. I was running around trying to get everything done, so now I can get a new place, and I think I was running on adrenaline. Now I find myself on the outskirts of depression, and I just can't seem to get myself together. I hate this. So much has changed in the last month, and I just do not know where to go from here. I guess that I just have to wait it out. Wait on a house, wait on everything....

I really think I need to go to therapy! I have alot of isssues that I need to work out, and I do not know where to start myself. Ex-BF is still around, and we have done a few things together, mostly with the kids, but I was just thinking last night that I am not in love with him anymore. I have thought that before...especially when I was pregnant...and it turned out to be my hormones or whatever, but right now I really think that it may be true...if it is I am not sure how I will handle it...I guess just leave him to his own self destructive ways. It is what he needs anyway. I am coming to the point that I can not help him anymore, nor do I want too. I guess I just need to get on with my life...somehow.

I wish the section 8 voucher would come through...then I would be able to concentrate on my house, and have SOMETHING to look forward too.

I am a broke, penniless, single mother, with three beautiful children. But if I had never met him I could have been so much more! I have got to pull myself together!!!!

Pam, the advice the therapist gave you is sooo true. I wish I could just get through this, I wish this part was over. I know that probably in 6 months I wouldn't have anything to do with him. I just wish things would go on, and I could get it together.

Sue, Thanks for caring!

Lee where are you?

Fralick- Thanks for all your advice!

I will probably check in later!

Lots of love being sent your way!
Old 08-23-2002, 10:10 AM   #5  
Muscle Mommy

Hello guys....well I am back!

I have made an appointment to get an entire physical, because I need one....also I made an appointment with a domestic violence counselor. I need help, and I think only counseling will get me back to myself....

Thank all you guys for being there for me, even when I do stupid things...
Old 08-23-2002, 05:50 PM   #6  
gbo

Good Girl , Melody. It is a wise woman who knows to reach out and get the help you need to live a healthy life for you and your children. Those little ones deserve so much better as do you. It is hard my Darling at first. I know. But I promise it gets better and better, one day at a time and life becomes something to enjoy nit suffer through. Physical pain is so much easier than mental becuase the mental suffering does not heal as easily. The first step is to make a life where contentment and peace is average for you. There are always problems and battles to fight but on your terms not as a victim but as a force to be reconed with and kiddo you have more strength and durability than you will ever imagine just by virtue of being a female . God made us that way on purpose. All you have to do is tap into it. I promise it is there. Take care Babe.
Pam
Old 08-24-2002, 05:30 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Hi all,
Melody, I think the steps you are taking are the right ones.
If you haven't been taking your Zoloft in awhile or regularly, it's going to be up t p 4 weeks to feel an effect.
And you are still going to be experiencing the stress.
Take one thing at a time
Right now, you and your children are safe
Your current living arrangements are temporay
There are no circomstances that make it OK for anyone to hurt physically, emotionally or spiritually. NONE!But it is up to you not to put yourself in situations where that might happen.
You are and will continue to grow from thisn
And tyeh growth part usually sucks

I am slowing reworking my mind to getting back on track. Just got to get thru the family thing today!

Hey all!!!
Old 08-26-2002, 08:58 AM   #8  
Muscle Mommy

Hey guys. You are all right, and I know it. I am so sick today. I feel awful. I wish so much to be at homew in my bed. Today is going to be one of those really hard days where I feel awful, and wish I could curl up in a ball and die. But I can't do that. On Friday I told him not to call me anymore and he didn't all weekend until last night, and then he acted like an *** on hte phone. Then this morning he called, and acted real sweet and told me he loved me. And I am such a fool, because I allow myself to get sucked in by his words....and they are just that words....and I am so stupid to listen...

I am sick like I said. Head cold, vomiting, I feel awful. I feel like I have lost more weight...Haven't weighed though.
Old 08-27-2002, 06:35 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Melody I am sorry that you are not feeling well. Stress will make you vulnerable to all those germs. And don't you work w/ children? the germy things!

Well the party went off w/ only a few hitches!
Let me tell you about cake.
Cake is an evil thing. ANd my sister bought one that could feed 50 peoeple. And while I packed most of it up I kept some for us. ANd while I paced myself I can say that it is gone! As can be told by the fluid I am retaining! plus the scale that is up 4#'s. I can also see the hidden carbs I have let into my diet again. Some not so hidden. But time to regroup!!
Worked out yesterday! and it felt awesome!
Water was good.
Sorry that I forgot to list this as lo carb when I started the thread, I have edited it>
Well we are facing Labor Day. ANd teh end of summer. It goes by so quickly!
You all have a good day
See you tomorrow!
Old 08-27-2002, 10:46 AM   #10  
Muscle Mommy

Good Morning chicks!

I weigh 196 this morning!!! Can I get a "**** Yeah" in here????? Whoo hooo! That is a 17 pound weight loss from my all time high. A 13 pound weight loss since the beginning of this summer. I have had a little help. Throwing up everything I ate the last two days had to have helped. Even though I was sick I took my nightly walk, and then went and collapsed into bed. I am not going to give up on myself this time.

The pain in my *ss called last night, and again was acting like his normal "charming" self. He was partying up at the house, and he told me he would talk to me when HE decided he was ready. I told him, I didn't want to talk to him anyway, and not to call me anymore. He told me he loved me before we got off the phone, and I hust hung up on him. That is not love it's abuse, and I wish he would drop off the face of the earth!

I feel better today. Still sick though. My chest is sore from coughing. I'll be glad when today is over.

Pat- Sorry about the cake! You are right it is an evil thing!

Have a nice day!

Last edited by lodyangel; 08-27-2002 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:30 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Hey all,
Melody MAJOR CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!
Sorry about the harrassment you have had to deal with. Probably can't change the phone # HuH?

Doing much better. Food wise.
Not much going on

Heloo everybody!!!
Old 08-28-2002, 08:42 AM   #12  
Muscle Mommy

Hello ladies...

I walked last night, not as far as I had hoped it rained off and on. I may have to find another activity or go to town to walk. I am beginning to feel that it is not safe to walk on my little country road anymore.

X lives on the same road a half mile away from me. His friends are starting trouble now. He is dealing coke, and his friends are all smoking crack...they are constantly drunk...and they drive on the road where my children and I have to travel.

I think I will start going to town to walk...

Other than that I feel good and strong today...I start counsseling this afternoon...

I put a t shirt on that I have never been able to wear...I got it for Xmas last year and it was always too tight...This morning it was loose!!!! YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!

SUe where are you??? PAm????
Pat keep up the good work!

Everyone have an excellent day!
Old 08-28-2002, 02:52 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

My puter got froze and was rebooted then the firewall went up and it thought it was being attacked and went into hiding and i could not get it off since thursday!!! so i am back finally!!!

so i will catch up here but for now let me just give you a huge hug melody!! it is a hard thing to do what you are doing keep up the great work counseling will help. keep strong as you can. and stop in here so we can help. (as long as my firewall is down!)
Old 08-28-2002, 06:41 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

Hi all,
Well to bring you up on the house thing, the house we fell in love with has been offered to us. Now it is time for $ talk. My poor heart won't take it.

Sue I wante to say that I was lurking over at the 100# site and say your before and current pictures!!
You are awesome!!! You look fantastic and it is such a change. It was a real motivator for me and I felt such pride for you!
I encoursge all us lo carbers and lurkers to check it out. It under pictures. My hat is off to you!

Melody, I am so proud that you are following thru with the counseling. It isn't easy, but so worth it! Congrats on teh shirt, there is nothing so encouraging that that!

Hey Pam how are you holding up? How is your mother and new "kids"

Hello everyone else.

SO So food day.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:21 PM   #15  
gbo

Melody my dear, at least you now know it is abuse and his wanting control. Listen to his demand for control not his words.
Words are cheap and baby love is an action. Abuse cannot happen where love resides. Anger yes, but not abuse, mentally or emotionally! We all get ticked off. Abuse has no love only control. Once they have control they do not easily let go of it. Why ? when you take your control back he becomes powerless and that is unbare to an abuser. You are doing so very well and I am so proud of you. Keep it up Babe.
My back is not getting better and pain and I are companions again and I am almost sure it is ruptured by the type of pain and the fact it is through out my legs and heels. A type of pain I have known too, too well. It has nothing to do with my weight loss however and is not a factor to my being Op. No worry!
Pat.... I am so happy for you and for your new home to be. Isn't it exciting!!! When something is yours no one can take it from you. If it isn't yours someone else will get it. This must be your house!
Good luck!!!!!!!
Pam
Closed Thread