Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 AM   #61  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, Royals!

Am had thought she'd be Amarantha again soon so was waiting to post but the person who is fixing the name change for Am did say t'would take awhile due to computer troubles so Am will be patient, just not liking the Janga name anymore at all.

Work has been the same issues over and over and due to that and trying to run faster (to do that race in April), Am has been ok with weight but eating a lot of sugar and processed stuff and that isn't helping SO big announcement, she downloaded the old Sugar Buster books into her e-reader and has decided to do a MODIFIED non strict version of that plan for awhile as when she followed it before she felt great all the time, so this be more about feeling great than weight. Hmmm, rhymes ...

Of course, Am did cave today as REALLY work stressed and life stressed and all the usual so it seemed good at the time to have a giant cookie and that is normally not on the plan.

Am also counts calories for weight maintenance, even though Sugar Busters says not to but Am has modified that silly advice. Of course, Am needs to count calories.

Sorry to pop in and out with a me-me postie here, royals!

I'll be 'round, just ignore the name and the gaps.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 AM   #62  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Day 2, yes it is.

I met all challenges yesterday, despite being somewhat under the weather. By the afternoon, I thought of not walking but then thought "But that's the only item not accomplished on my list and if I do that I can move on to Day 2. So I did it. And here I am.

Tabata in 10, followed by yoga and a soak in the tub (during which time I'll accomplish my meditation challenge ) I think that fun today will consist of window shopping at a home decor store. Yesterday I took 15 minutes to curl up with my book mid-afternoon.

Am, there is no reason for you to not count calories if you want to -- it's a perfectly reasonable hobby.

It really is quite revelatory when we see what we feel like without the nasty carbs, isn't it. And then feeling that good makes everything seem so much easier. Huzzah!

Well, lies, must go start tub (it's a big one!) and select my essential oil. Tabata, yoga, soak! Let's make this a good one.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #63  

Hello all,

So sorry its been so long. Sometimes I have been here but just didnt know what to say or didnt want to say it out loud if that makes sense.

Lessons learned recently:
Never again will complain about stress without comparing it to this time in my life.

Never wish for snow so you can have a legit day from the job: Wishes do come true and then you have 30" of snow left behind in a place that ordinarily doesnt get that much in 3 yrs combined.....

DH is going thru a rough patch right now but some new meds are being started and we'll see if that gives him any relief.
He is seriously considering short term disability.

Me, I cannot believe it but have found recently it's true. If you really are busy enough, a few servings of something full fat or real sugar DO satisfy and you are on your way, no cravings.
But, this busy is not the goal.

Please keep sending good thoughts and keep us in your prayers.
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #64  

Thumbs up Day 3

Good morning lies!

Have made it to Friday on this heavy work week, also Day 3 on challenge. Fun yesterday consisted of tucking into bed at 7:30 with my novel (The Help, which I recommend.) As usual the fun is something I kind of forget about in the run of a day but I find myself feeling a little more fun-inclined. This morning I took a walk through the woods down to the harbour and thence around on my way to work. Because I felt like it.

Still, shall endeavor to get more fun today yet.

Kaylets, thanks for finding the time to drop in. I'm so sorry that your DH is going through a rough patch right now.

DSIL took temporary disability leave last year (she's just now getting back to full time) and I think it was a huge element in her good outcome. It gave her the time to focus on her own healing.

Still keeping you and DH in thoughts and prayers.

Lovelies, let's take this day we've been given and make the most of it. Huzzah!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #65  

Smile Day 4

Fun yesterday was stopping in to the second-hand shop and picking up a couple of tops (I thought, would this count as fun if I hadn't found anything? ). But I did. Was craving pink and found one slightly dressy dusty pink blouse and one chartreuse one, which made a spring-like contrast. I didn't try them on and didn't have high hopes that they'd fit and look okay but they did. Might even be flattering?

Still, not satisfied. I want more pink to get me through the end of winter.

Also need to schedule some event this weekend. I know I won't be happy staying home straight through -- although I could make it a straightening/cleaning weekend I guess. We've still got the dining room full of bookcases and books and DH's shelves are mostly empty. I'd move the books myself but, of course, he wants to decide where everything goes himself. Have given gentle nudge -- I want my dining room back!

Tabata and yoga soon, walking later.

Have a lovely Saturday, lies!

Old 02-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #66  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah to Kaylets! So glad to see thee and sending my best thoughts that all may be well with thee and thy DH!

Arabella, I downloaded The Help as one of the first books I read on my e-reader when received from brother this Christmas. It was, indeed, a great book! Highly recommended by moi as well.

I am still Janga, apparently, but hoping they will switch me back to my old name soon, not sure why that is important to me lol, I am strange sometimes.

Very stressful work week on this end as well, never really off, tomorrow will be a good day as was today. I did work, then did my first Zumba class at gym, it was so fun, so I hope to work it in more often.

Arabella, love the idea of getting in more pink ...
Old 02-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #67  

Thumbs up Day 5. Yes.

Had a good day yesterday. Spent a little time by myself out shopping and walking around and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm feeling like some alone time would be good. Maybe I can finagle a few days off work within the next few weeks... that would be nice. Things continue busy on the job but I've (mostly) stuck to my guns concerning email and IM and it's made a big difference. I don't feel like I've got to be available all day long and that's lessened the stress.

Anyway. Today is Sunday. We've had our long walk and breakfast. This afternoon I'm thinking a trip to the library to pick up a couple of books about paranormal research and maybe a novel or two for me in addition to those for my mummy. And maybe get some actual writing done? That would be good.

Amarantha, do you love your e-reader? What kind is it? Zumba looks like a very fun workout. Also... maybe it could make me more coordinated.

K, lies, let's make this a good one. And get ready for fresh start Monday.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #68  
wsw

amarantha-i can't even imagine being at goal weight and maintenance as you are (!!), but i do know i will probably need to count calories once there. (i am doing the calorie thing in order to lose weight, and am sure it will be necessary for me to do that too at maintenance.) sorry past work week was so stressful. hope today is pleasant and relaxing!

kaylets-so good to see you! sorry dh is going through rough patch now. i hope the new meds will help. sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way.

anagram- nice that you had mini-reunion recently with family members. i bet you will miss ca-bound brother. i completely understand, even though i don't have siblings. when my best friend moved away for a while a few years ago, i was happy for him to have such a great opportunity while at same time, i missed him tremendously.

arabella-remembering to add fun to each day is so important. i sure don't remember to do it often enough, but trying to take your lead and putting on my must do list. huzzah on day 5 of recent challenge!!! agree with amarantha, and love the idea of more pink. enjoy your new spring colored blouses.

178 today. had a nsv the other day: i tried on a dress at a store. i haven't worn a dress in so long, that i can't even remember the last time. i didn't end up getting it because i wasn't sure if i would wear it or not once i actually got it home, but just the act of trying it on was a big step out of my comfort zone. it didn't look half bad, either! i could actually see a real figure again too. who knew?!

sooooo gorgeous here today! i have been enjoying every marvelous moment of it, believe me. i actually was able to turn off the heat today. well, thinking of all who dwelleth in and around our royal environs. take care.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #69  

Turning off the heat! What a joyful thought. And truly, though we still have MUCH snow on the ground, there were at least 3 times this past week when I felt a glimmer of spring (though it be a tad premature). Today we hit the mid 40s, much melting and I heard the Mourning Doves. The heart lightens....

And, dear Kaylets, so sorry thy heart cannot yet be light but hopefully things will ease soon. Temporary disability does sound warrented. Is your Mom still with you?

Janga, Empress, Amarantha - a rose by whatever name. Glad you are around and about to inspire.

At least the bookshelf construction is done, eh, Arabella? Moved on to bathroom? Love the list of 'self' things you've been accomplishing!!! My fun today was a bit of retail therapy at K Mart. Bought some new hand towels for powder room to brighten and springitize. Plus some PINK Joe Boxer pjs which I did not tehnically "need" but they were so durn cheap and they are PINK and GREEN. Ah, self, they look fun.

And so delighted with your dress experience, wsw. Super, super, always good to have another "feelgood" moment.

Yes, will miss stalwart standby strength of l'il bro. He's 17 years younger and in some ways was like a 'half' child to me. Spent lots of time with me and always got a kick out of people thinking I was his mom. But such is life - it's so exciting seeing the photos of his condo and the beautiful scenery, etc.

I made it back to the ones by Friday but was in Princessville again and ate out again and today was up again. Working hard today as tomorrow is official weigh in day.

Walked around the neighborhood today for the first time in a long time, hitting tai chi tomorrow for the first in a while as well.

Busy week coming up but tonight I'm feeling up to it and good about it. Hope that feeling lasts....

On to St. Pat's....

Last edited by anagram; 02-21-2010 at 07:21 PM.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #70  
Empress/Queen

Arabella, I love my e-reader (a Sony) above everything. It is great.

And yea, Zumba is really fun. I hope to sneak in a class during my long deadline day tomorrow but don't really know if I can spare the time (or energy), but we'll see.

Wsw, congratulations on your NSV victory! Woot!

I like counting calories, btw, I like to have data.

Anagram! Huzzah! Thanks for the nice comment 'bout the name and bein' around. Lol, not sure how inspiring I am these days, me and the dog are a little depressed here today for various reasons.

The cat is never depressed, though, so long as she has custody o' the office chair and Kitty Temptations on demand.

Huzzah, queenlies, let's soldier on in our royal way! Woot!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #71  

Smile Fresh Start Monday -- and Day 6

scale has nothing to say on the matter yet but I know as long as I hang in and keep doing what I should do he will have to yield. Such a stubborn though!

Intending a puttery work/chores/practice day today. I actually did some work on my book last night, which is good because I was starting to feel fraudulent. I've got so many writing projects started If I could just get a big fat advance for one of them and quit my day job...

WSW, you probably should start imagining being at goal because, from my perspective, you've been hurtling towards it. You'll be there before you know it!

So glad you've got some nice weather -- enjoy!

Anagram, they were to start on the bathroom today but the contractor called on Saturday and said it would be another week. We also decided to upgrade from a fibreglass shower to tiled one. It will be so much nicer, worth the extra expense.

I'm enjoying your PJs vicariously.

Empress A: Pls. check your signature, your Excellency. I'm sorry -- depression is not an option. Do some things today that make you feel good. What I find when I feel depressed is that the smallest little thing I do to feel better has a big impact. And that goes for your doggie friend too. Huzzah!

K, lies, I am going to see how much I can accomplish in how short a time and devote as much time as I can today to pleasing me. Let's take this day we've been given and make the most of it.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #72  

My Demon Scale was SO nasty today - but I think I'm going to have to prove I'm as stubborn as it is. That's the plan anyway.

No - depression is not an option - and a good thing that is - otherwise I may have had quite a few d-days.

I'm puttering today as well - no ambition for a BIG job but have knocked out a few little ones - and maybe will get to a few more. In fact, it seems sort of a relazing day as I wait for the expected rain and watch more snow melt.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #73  

I see I made a new word above "relazing". I was going to correct it to the planned "relaxing" but decided "relazing" really sort of fits
Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #74  

Default Day 7

And if I get through today without cooperation from scale, 'twill be an entire week of good behavior without pay-off. Which is not very encouraging but also not unheard of. Maybe I'll cut back a bit more on carbs today. Onward!

Had a good choir practice last night. The first piece we worked on was one that I'm not very familiar with and I was beginning to think maybe I should sit this performance out. But then I felt like I had a bit more handle on later pieces and... should be okay

My usual props aren't available this year. I don't have any altos behind me or to my left (which, when there, are tremendously helpful) and there are no rehearsal tracks available for the music so I'm winging it more than ever before. I'm learning to read music a little better but it's a little slow going.

Anagram, what a delightful new word! I hope you had a lovely, relazing day yesterday. Will find a few minutes here and there today to relaze myself.

All right, Lovelies, let's take this day we've been given and make it work for us!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #75  

Ok, at 199.4 this morning. Not quite as annoyed w/Demon Scale. Re "new word", the same day I posted above, my DSis posted elsewhere, made the same typo. I didn't tell her I had "invented" that word first.

Glad choir practice turned out well, Arabella. You obviously enjoy singing in the choir.

Had an interesting visit with neighbors who moved in last summer. Turns out they are from Belarus. Lovely young couple. Bright, pleasant. I took months to get to inviting them over (though I did take cookies over the day they moved in). But worked out well.

Scooted around like crazy yesterday to get things done before expected storm today - it's not here yet so am going to do one thing I had not planned on doing and then coop up for the duration.

Have a lovely Thursday, Royals.

Last edited by anagram; 02-25-2010 at 10:02 AM.