Old 02-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #76  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, queenlies, Am be not depressed, she be changin' clothes for Zumba class that she is determined to do.

Not really in love with evening exercise classes as so often have to work but really want to get in at least one Zumba in this week to see if I liked it as much as I thought I did the first time.

Did weights this morning, really need lots of cross training as I was focusing too much on the running for awhile and the body doesn't appreciate it.

To those fighting Demon Scale (me, too, t'is a never ending battle no matter what weight we are at), it is just a tool, one that has value in the fitness journey but not the entire equation.

On the other hand, the good part of the scale equation is that it lets us see progress and in that vein, CONGRATS to Anagram for that great weigh-in Am discerneth in thy postie! Huzzah!

Wood Nymph, I WISH I could quit my day job. Someone I was interviewing today thought I had a passion for the work, but I am ready to be something else, maybe a Zumba instructor? Hey!

Re the doggie depression, someone suggested Am get her a puppy!

Gad, no!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #77  

While Am may sometimes have her down moments, it is my Regal opinion that Am is too engrossed in life to be called depressed.

A puppy for your pup? Yikes!

199.4 again today. Not discouraged though - realizd yesterday that for four days in a row it appeared to me that my slacks were baggy. A revelation when I realized it was a repetitive thought. They had not been tight but are now downright baggy. So that be a good thing.

Quiet here as waiting out the storm - which was indeed kind to me. The 2" we got has already melted from roads and driveways, etc. Waiting to see how other family members may be affected as there's a family thing going on this weekend down towards the Philadelphia area.

OOOOh, I see shadws of my trees. It's getting positively sunny!!!!

anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #78  
Empress/Queen

Am is not depressed but she's tired today having done weights (60 min) in the morning and Zumba in the evening and feeling GREAT after the Zumba but really crashed today so since she is supposed to be at a trailhead at 7 a.m. (for work) and has the whole day given over to work in the Lagoon, she didn't do anything but shop and organize her healthy food all day as well as sleep.

The dog, who IS apparently somewhat depressed, went outside and stared at the vacant house where her former doggie friends lived and the next thing I knew she had somehow gotten out of the gate and I think went looking for them so I chased her all over the neighborhood until she agreed to come back home, so that was exciting.

But no, no puppy. Someone else will eventually move in there and then she'll hopefully NOT bark at them and hopefully they will like dogs and say hello to her and have dogs of their own.

Anagram, when weight is stable and pants size going down ye KNOW that means you'll be getting a nice scale victory soon, congrats on the pant size and the maintain and soon to be loss! Huzzah!

I am eating Triscuits and melted cheese for dinner, don't laugh it is one of my favorite Sugar Busters (as practiced by me) recipes.

So, must go do it, then need to read and rest. Huzzah!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #79  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Fresh Start Monday tomorrow

Oh, last week was not a good one, not at all. The party Tuesday night -- pasta again! -- set me up for some binge-y afternoons. I was off-plan totally for two days, had three good ones and then today went totally off the rails again. Fooled myself, though -- I was making a lovely, healthy turkey dinner with leftover turkey and gravy, along with veggies, sweet potato and cranberries. And now I can't eat it.

So. Tomorrow will be Day 1 again. And away we go.

On the bright side, I got a lot of house stuff done this weekend. Exchanged the mismatched bookcases in the bedroom for the matching free-standing ones replaced in DH's study. And finally got a bookcase where I can put books in the bedroom and a double one in my study. There had been a single one in there and it was full of DH's books. It makes me feel almost like a first-class citizen to be able to put my books in my own little study. Now to just clear the junk out of it...

Tomorrow they're starting on the bathroom work, so I've got to clear out the cupboards. I've got everything in one cupboard already "tidied" into large baskets on the shelves and then there's just the stuff in the vanity and around the tub. Probably won't take long.

Anagram, isn't that funny about the dual "relazing" typo. Some kind of attunement, huh. I'm glad the storm wasn't too rough on you. We were supposed to get torrential rain this weekend but it was only rainy on Friday night. It was a nice evening to be home in front of the fire.

Amarantha, triskets & melted cheese would be yummy for dinner.

No puppy for your puppy, huh. I like to have two cats but I think dogs tend to be more work -- scratch that, I KNOW dogs are more work. Really, you might as well have a baby as a dog. Cats are a bit more independent. I'd get my cat a kitten except that she's antisocial. Why this is the cat we've ended up with, I don't know.

K, lies, have a lovely Sunday evening. Shall hit Day 1 tomorrow and get going again.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #80  

Thumbs up Day 2

Back on track. I spent the whole day at the office yesterday and it flew past. This is enforced because the house is full of workmen but I'm remembering how helpful it is to me to be out of the house, especially in the afternoon.

Must Tabata and bathe. Let's make this a good one, lies!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #81  

Thumbs up Day 3

Just me again, still OP though. We went out to dinner last night and to a performance of niece's band. I ordered appropriately. Gosh, I'm boring today. Good thing I must

Let's make this a good one, lies!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #82  

sounds great to have those bookcases - and orderly too - Great progress. And how good you'll feel, WN, when that new bathroom is done!!!

I was at 200.4 today and didn't feel I deserved it. I had four "less than stellar" days and esp. a bingy evening last night. I've been seriously talking to me about my "commitment" to this and to my goal of looking nice for Thirteen's confirmation in May (I'm to be her sponsor so want to buy something new and spiffy).

Now they were very good days OTHERWISE but dietwise, no.

Took the tax paperwork to the accountant this morning so I FEEL lighter since it's all in his hands now. And balanced my checkbook and wrote a few checks since I got home. I think I'm going to do two or three more little things, rest a little and then hit the mall. that's it.

The snow is melting here and the hyacinths and daffs are up between 2 and 3 inches. I'm beginning to feel the love! To get to 50 degrees in a week - or so they're saying now. Will meander over the the closet w/the spring things and take a gander. That's one good thing about being forgetful - it all seems "new" again when you haven't seen it for a while.

So s to you all, Royal Ones, and have a very, very good week!

Last edited by anagram; 03-03-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #83  
Empress/Queen

T'is moi (still Janga, I guess, as they haven't changed it), NOT back on track, have the flu and yesterday canceled all appointments after deadline AND ate six cinnamon buns over the course of the day. Cals still high today but no more cinnamon buns, TOMORROW back on track.

Wood Nymph, I did some tabata training on my walk/run today. Can't time it properly, I'd love to have a Gym Boss device for that.

Anyhow, queenlies, I have to go back to bed, just not feeling the thing today.

Be one with the force, whatever the force may be, queens.

Was just reading a quote from Pat Tillman: "Let the journey be more powerful than the destination."

Love that.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #84  

oooH, hope Janga (Empress Am) feeleth better soon. flu is not nice.

200.00 even today. Nice outside but I have a busy schedule - maybe can squeeze in a moment or two outside anticipating spring. this is the kind of day when I fall apart in the evening and eat everything in sight. I'm trying to be AWARE of that and planning diversions. PAM and JIM's baby is due tonight on THE OFFICE and I'm looking forward to watching that. No phone call's after 9:00 please

Taking my Camry in to dealership today for regular maintenance today, back again Tuesday for the recalls - none of which are going to "do" it. In the long run, I'm sure the problems will be found to stem from the electronics.

Anyway - Royal Vibes to all -----

Old 03-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #85  

Default Day 4

Not feeling tremendously motivated today, not in any old way at all. Did Tabata and etc. though and will get in some extra steps later. I think I'll leave at 4 and do the shopping. That'll get that much out of the way ahead of the weekend.

Amarantha, so sorry you're suffering the flu! I've always wished I could be one of those people who loses their appetites when sick but I bet I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times that's happened to me in my life.

Anagram, awareness is key -- how many times have I come in and said how rock-solid I was on plan one day and then had to come in the next day and say that I'd gone completely off the rails? Too many times, that's how many. Just goes to show you never know how you're going to be feeling from one moment to the next.

I'd like nothing more than to sneak home and go back to bed but the house being full of carpenters and plumbers would make it unrelaxing. And unrelazing too. Looking forward to getting my house back, probably Thurs. next week.

But it WILL be nice when it's done.

Let's take this day we've been given and do our level best with it.

Last edited by Arabella; 03-04-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #86  

Yes, always very un=nerving when one's abode is filled with plumbers, carpenters, etc. Somewhat contributing, I'm sure to the lack of motivation, WN.

Somewhat in same boat today but I think it's because I have things to be done but no DEADLINE for them. But it is a nice day and supposed to get better the next few days so I want to take advantage after so many cooped up days.

I do have tai chi and will likely stop for some light groceries. Trying to make myself use up what I have in store but MUST have favorites. Just hurtling towards SPRING here. I'm sure we'll have more bad weather but, surely, the worst is past.

Am, hope you're feeling better. So many bad things going around this year.

Was 199.6 this a.m. How many times have I been there and then back up? Hopefully this will be the last. I had hoped to be staring at 195 by now but don't seem to keep it together long enough.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #87  
Empress/Queen

Congratulations on being down to 199.6, Anagram. That is great! Huzzah!

I go up and down also, t'is the way o' the world lol.

Huzzah to Arabella also! Thanks re the flu, I am better, not up to par on some things, though, but did walk three miles so hopefully the extra cals I've eaten (I also eat when ill, go figure) may not mess me up too much.

I am considering doing my semi annual procedure of skipping a weigh-in this week and seeing where I am the following week. It somewhat helps in getting perspective.

I am not unhappy with my weight but don't want to gain other than the odd pound or so now and then.

My user name is back to Amarantha and the Janga posties will possibly disappear or be merged, not sure.

Huzzah!

I'll be around more regularly now.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #88  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, a fly bye, announcing my new "challenge" of taking back my personal power over a lot of things.

One thing is that I have canceled my plans to enter the St. Pat's Run race for a number of reasons, but I'm still streakity streak and haven't missed a day of exercise.

Huzzah to all who herein reside, sorry 'bout the me-me flyby! I am off to Sprouts with the royal cook (me) and need to shop shop shop!
Old 03-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #89  

Yo lies! I had a stellar, lowish carb week last week and ended up .5 up on Friday. Bah. But what are you going to do? Give up? I would gain weight. So, onward. Slacked a bit on Friday afternoon but no binge and have been well-behaved since.

I am so looking forward to having my bathroom back this week. Baths are all very well and good from time to time but I miss my shower!

Amarantha, you're back!

Anagram, thanks for the tai chi reminder. I'll do a set in the back yard later today, I think.

I'm off to interview a friend about her experiences with ghosties. I've got turkey dinner, round 3 ready for tonight. Sweet potatoes, turkey in low-fat gravy, broccoli, sugar-free cranberry sauce.

Have a lovely rest of your Sunday and let's hit it for Fresh Start Monday tomorrow. Huzzah!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #90  

Ah, mine sister - I too had turkey, sweet potatoes tonight with broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend. However, my turkey (leftover chunks) had been in freezer for a while. Still very good. I put the taters in a pan and put the rest on top and let it cook slowly while I went out to do a smidge of yard cleanup.

Yes, YARD cleanup. We were abouit 60 degrees today after a lovely day yesterday. So I did a tiny bit of flower bed work (so I couild check out my bulbs) and hope to do a little bit tomorrow as well. Plus did a little walk today - wow, am I out of shape.

200 even today again. But it's better than I used to be - and as you wisely say WN, I'd just gain (and gain) if I give up.

And how great to see Empress Amarantha is back to her old self - in more ways than one.

Missing our absent Royals tonight. Hope wsw is having improved weather and not too many technical difficulties. Hope Kaylets and DH are having some peaceful moments. And, ceara and kat, that you are so busy enjoying life but maybe are lurking..............and losing.

And a big shoutout to all our other missing (and hopefully lurking) s.

Last edited by anagram; 03-07-2010 at 08:22 PM.